[Drama 2015 - 2016] Remember – War of the Son 리멤버 – 아들의 전쟁

Seiran029

8 hours ago, maryofbethany said:

yalien, this thought came to me just only.
since  you kinda like 'villian with souls"...no offense really... i recommend you go watch "I Remember you"(aka. Hello Monster) a top notch Thriller, and romance a little more than Remember, but not in the main.. and the 2 Villain (esp Park Bo Gum) steal a lot of tears and limelight from Seo Inguk (as usual, i preferred SIG). but i underestand the 2 villain where they came from.
so, have a feeling you will enjoy the theme of Hello Monster; is Monster born or Made? If Made, should we forgive?
okay, enjoy.

Thank you for the recommendation :). I have actually watched the first two episodes of it, but I kinda forgot about it. But I will definitely continue it now. 

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, maryofbethany said:

IA: “Excuse me, Let’s me ask you something. Do you remember this necklace?” (after a pause far too long, a gaze lost in the necklace longer than should be, he collected himself, and smiled again.....)
JW: “No, I don’t remember.”

Sorry I cut off your post but I loved everything you said about Jin Woo and In Ah. We all know now that although Jin Woo has Alzhemeirs, his heart remembers who In Ah is~ By looking at the little card Jin Woo wrote and put on the tree :) I could go on and on about them two but I think i said enough on my thoughts on the drama and the ending~

But one thing I am still wondering is if Jin Woo really recognizes the necklace or not..? He held his gaze for more than a few seconds and it may have looked like he recognized the necklace... Do you think Jin Woo recognizes the necklace and is just pretending he doesn't..? or he maybe he really doesn't recognize it?

5 hours ago, OksanaS said:

I saw info on facebook page, it will be 6 songs and 12 instrumental 

12742073_212604379089809_89608672010387812742404_212604365756477_384635004674752

Omg I hope they release all the background music we heard throughout the drama. I love the BGM soo much! There are some of them that are so beautiful~

@hiien:  I thought I was the only one who thought the young Judge (kang?) was good looking.  

I was also impressed by the actor who played Nam Gyu Man.  I saw the actor in another drama and thought he was pretty bland.  But, wow, he was really good in this drama.

Remember—Son’s War: Episode 19

by dramallama | February 21, 2016 |

Remember19-00089a.jpg

It’s the beginning of the end for our baddies, and I am PUMPED. Jin-woo gets another chance at defending his father, which means we all get one more round of tears before the hysterical laughter that will accompany Gyu-man’s downfall. The episode’s full of my favorite moments from this show because it’s overflowing with what I’ve longed for since this show began: justice and sweet revenge. Oh so sweet.

Read more here: http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/02/remember-sons-war-episode-19/

On 2/22/2016 at 9:21 AM, ferily said:

But one thing I am still wondering is if Jin Woo really recognizes the necklace or not..? He held his gaze for more than a few seconds and it may have looked like he recognized the necklace... Do you think Jin Woo recognizes the necklace and is just pretending he doesn't..? or he maybe he really doesn't recognize it?

Regarding pendant, and whether he remembers her there then, allowed me to quotes some KDland 'Avengers' who can tranformed and teleport us into the KD world with their pen and words, see scenes and understand dialogues better than us:

Quoting one of the “KD Avengers”, dramajjang’s kipzizz:
“Regarding her relationship with Jin Woo- well, it was an open ending but I found it symbolic that she was the one in hold of Jin Woo’s “ring pendant”. (get it? HIS HEART!) I feel like their relationship at the end of the finale can be summed up in one of my favorite George Bernard Shaw quotes :
“There are two tragedies in life. One is to lose your heart’s desire. The other is to gain it.”
Gaining your heart’s desire back is difficult but it embraces hope for persisting through the difficulties of life; and just like Jin Woo held the hope that his father would remember him, now In Ah is in his shoes. Some days are gonna be bad,  some days are gonna be better; but she will be there beside him to make sure they spend those days together, if the ending was any indicative of her stubborn nature. (it was!)……
Jin Woo’s return to his old neighborhood to live a quiet and peaceful life, is fitting; maybe one sunny morning, he might remember everyone and they will laugh at the memories. Maybe he won’t- either way, Lawyer Song, Director Yeon, Dong Ho and In Ah will always be by his side silently, and hope that Jin Woo will step inside the Law Firm again someday..”

(kipzizz’s mentioned of the siginificant of pendent is great, it does means a lot, if he is the one holding the pendent, but such an important memory-stirring object which signify where the owner of his heart stayed in “ring signify infinity”, he passed to IA, somewhat is hinting, and hoping she will know he gave her his heart, at same time “come and find me”?)
(Kipzizz's words in this forum: "Honestly, I believe that Jin Woo's white book of "memories to cherish" might have contained a few pics of In Ah, and his law firm buddies (possibly Dong Ho too) but even if that wasn't the case, he definitely would have written down things about all of them. His gaze when In Ah showed him the neck-pendant was far too genuine for him to simply say "no"- he knew who she was.  He's probably just "protecting" her in his mind, but the end with the two of them walking to the same direction was sorta poetic")

Quoting another Avenger, edramaclouds’ EvelynL:
“Naw, his memories are lost. However, I believe that, in his heart, he knows that there is someone out there who is keeping the memories for him. I am sure he has been referring to his “Memories I want to cherish” but can’t remember later when In-ah comes to see him. Speaking of In-ah, she has been really such a great supporter throughout the show. She has always been there for Jin-woo since day one. However, Jin-woo doesn’t want to share his burden by hurting her. They care about each other by thinking that way. In-ah doesn’t mind his memory disease but Jin-woo minds it and knows how much In-ah would suffer with him….
The sad thing is that In-ah wasn’t able to spend that one year with Jin-woo and aiding in his memory. It’s okay, she has found him and is probably going to stick her nose in his business like how she did in the past and met him
.”
(Comforted that both Kipzizz and EvelynL mentioned about the “memories I want to cherish” books, that both believed that he is still holding, and trying to recall IA thru that book… like what Evelyn mentioned it will be awesome if he gave IA one year to spend shopping, eating watch movie with him.... also, I will take pleasure imagining how she "is probably going to stick her nose in his business' into his daily life until she bring him back to his 2 hyungnims (DH and Song) and ahjummah's legal film. )

Quoting a final Avenger, An Unstoppablesun’s Nobodyutkyu :
What a journey it’s been, from a tale of fathers and sons, foster fathers and strange compansions, to greed, law and corruptions, to truth and justice winning over wealth and the law, to the story of one boy who loved his father and would have liked nothing more than to live a simple life for the rest of his days with him and the girl he loved. I could probably like more eloquently when I’m not crying, but it hurts to think that Jinwoo will not longer remember that journey and how instrumental he was in changing the lives of so many people around him. From Dongho, to Lawyer Yeon, to Lawyer Song, to Soobum, Il Ho, Gyuman, Hayoung, to In Ah. He’ll no longer have any memory of it. But I wonder if it won’t be for the best, if he might even find that freeing. Is he now able to live the sort of happy life his father wanted him to live? I don’t think so. He’ll merely pass from day to day remembering brief snatches of each, without anyone close by unless In Ah sticks with him like glue (which I think she will). But perhaps that is too pessimistic a take on his life. Perhaps all that matters was that he lived, loved and he fought, and for however long he has left, that’ll be enough.”
(she mentioned the thing that matters to him, is he lived, loved and he fought for however long he has left… the thing is he did loved even until he left them, that his not a wasted life whereby he only lived and fought without having for once tasted the pure joy of loved someone dearly, if he was written by Writernim to just lived and fought the war and won it, the most anyone can remembered him as a good son, but you will not have someone like InAh daily missed him and think of him as a woman think of her man... that make the diff.)

Quoting from the last Avenger, Dramabeans’ odilettante :
"Alzheimer’s is no picnic, but I can’t imagine her letting him go just like that, now that she’s found him.....   While it’s his life to live, I still really wish he’d given In-ha the opportunity to help care for him instead of just disappearing like that. Although I do really respect the show for not finding a miracle cure for Jin-woo’s Alzheimers (even if I secretly wish there could have been one), and while I wonder if Jin-woo will disappear from In-ha’s life again, I am at least content to know that deep down he knows that she still cares about him, even if he can no longer remember her name or her face.....  War is never pretty, even when one side eventually wins, and in this “war of the sons,” the true victor is the one who knows that he remains in the heart of those who remember him still, even if he himself has forgotten."
(Dramabean has always been special during my Healer's era, this Avenger also believed that since she has found him, she will never let him go. and odilettante believed too that he somewhat knows that That Person he addressed the card to still cares about him, and is selfless enough not be affected whether can he no longer remember her, his comfort that he is so precious in her memories, in hers, and all the rest of his families. )

all KDland Avengers ‘Iron-man, Captain America, Thor.... mentioned,  the life after ep21 onwards she will be stubbornly sticking her nose into his business like what she did,… he didn’t stop her from following right… so their life going to be like this.... walking 'together' in the sunny road, hoping one day he will realised she is the one he wrote on the note at the wishing tree.... maybe he already known?   We can safely concluded that if the above Avengers that wrote wonderful recaps and see things that we usually skips and ignored, if they all agreed, we can be happy to say, that even if that moment he saw the pendent and act blurred, or truly forget. The Inah we knew (and all 3 Avengers knew) will sticks her nose into his life, and use the ring pendent to help him recall… I believed like our heroes above believed, that he is still holding the white book of “memories I want to cherish”. So there will be days he will suddenly remember her.
I Believed: even if there is no key objects like ring pendent, or book of Memories I want to cherish, or wishing tree of memory-notes (to remind there is someone I want to remember)…. Even if there isn’t all these ring, book or notes….. her earnest eyes alone can bring him back…. i believed somewhat he may have remembers, he lingered more than a second over that pendent.... but... we cannot be too sure... but surely her eyes sure can bring him back the feels, he kept gazing into her eyes, her eyes which has proven so many things in the past.....
Your showed me with your heart, that you truly wanted to stay by side, and proved it with your eyes.  …… Even if all of my memories die, I will forever remember you.”

2 hours ago, ilwoo_aein said:

thanks, @ilwoo_aein , for still finding his, you are really "Fan-Pics / clips Queens".. hahaha. i loved that! i think he is super shy, but noona is good, she really can made the scene in a lighter mood... see, they are laughing away, not as bad as some netizens rant. of cause i preferred her with Changwook, PMY can never give us that intensity that she had with JCW. but here i see Inah, not PMY, and Inah need that, as much as JW, need that memories to last that One Year absence. Some should be glad that he was not asked to performed his Operational Proposal's 'scenes" here, for those who oppose to such a scene. But what i angst is they should be given some times to real dating scenes, shopping, eating, cinema, even cooking at home... that stuffs. i like those a lot.

12 hours ago, elena123 said:

so funny! They kissed so long until the director said that it`s enough! :wub: you can kill me for this, but its the first time that I liked a kdrama couple on and off screen ! 

HAHAHA. finally i found someone share same view like me, liked a couple on/off screen. while i do ship her with JCW as real life couple. but i find her and YSH on screen very charming when both are shy and subtle... (i do respect those who object have their reasons, but i truly loved this couple on screen) oh, are you able to roughly translate the captions on this bts kiss scenes.... for me, his shyness and her gentle pushes/pull, his tears and her understanding smile, his silent and her mind-reading, his searching gaze and her acknowledgement... i think we are the very rare few who think they match like jigsaw puzzle...ahhaha
already saved this link for future re viewing.

elena123, i am going to go thru the whole 20 ep again, first time after 15 yrs ago that i actually cried again and again, whenever i rewatched, since ep13 onwards, i have been breaking down over those scenes of loosing memories, when it reached ep18, its nothing like the Healer- total intoxicating kisses, but a kinda of heartbreaking kiss... very worn out feel... when it peaked at ep20, i totally give up any demand, as in any other show, i will demand many kisses and skinship.... here, i just want them to be together, must end up together, even if writernim decide not to grant a last kiss, must end up together.... i stream thru and recap ep20 with this fear... when i recap until about 20 min before show end and that was the scene when JW left her the monkey stuff toy and clip... i was thinking how to continue recap and stream... horror filled me as i expect may be slapped with a cruel parting ends.  was in absolute jubilation when JW allows her to follow him, trailing behind him contentedly down the 'life' road.

ohohoh... there's one scene, completely no skinship, but you felt their emotions sync, and warmthly comfortable. During InAh's trial in bringing Ahn as witness, but Judge sided with Hong, but when Jinwoo intervened and threatened Judge to be tried for bribery like Deputy Ministry Jang, Inah realised her "Fairy-god-brother" waved his magical wand and turn the tide around in the court, she beamed at Jinwoo... what did Jinwoo did... he smiled and He Blink both Eyes hard at her...SO SUPER CUTE.... do you think the director teach YSH to do that action? i bet YSH himself act it out upon himself, so natural... and you find InAh returned Smile so angelic... i find them becoming very natural mixing with shyness at the end eps of the dramas.. surprising thrill to watch YSH's shyness more than his hot kiss at other dramas.

On February 20, 2016 at 4:03 PM, Berou Lalou said:

Finally someone who shares the same thoughts as me. At first, i was overjoyed about the romance between the 2 leads, i even imagined how their first kiss should be and expected their interactions. But each time they had a scene together :holding hands ,hugging each other,kissing;  i felt no chemistry at all. Yes, they looked deeply and with heartfelt eyes at each other but their skinship didnt conveye any feeling.i previously mentioned,i was disappointed by their first kiss because they were awkward. Even if some of you said that they were not awkward,i still believe it. Here it is a thread and everybody is entitled to have different opinions.With taking a step back, i think the romance part was unecessary. They should have remained as comrades.

I dont think their zero chemistry was due to their age difference because ive watched the previous works by both leads and they had  good chemistry with their previous co-stars. YSH has most of the time worked with noonas,he had good chemistry for example with Yoon Eun Hye who is around the same age as PMY.

This drama  still remains an amazing one. It is a gem ,i feel it’s shameful that  the korean entertainment recycles dramas with the same ingredients over and over and doesnt try to innovate. I will remember Remember- war of the son, im starting to miss already SJW,LIH,PDH and the rest of the cast. I will surely watch it again by waiting upcoming works of YSH,PMY, NGM and PSW

and I felt bad for PMY, surely she doesn't like the idea of the impromptu idea of the director---> kissing scene on the spot....  But she's so professional to handle it, I saw the bts and they're really awkward......I knew from the start, because they emphasize the age difference on the press conference, meaning, it's a hint that "please no kissing scenes", hahaha.....  Anyhow, the story is OKay... unfortunately not my taste for dramas..... Im just a big fan of Park Min Young... But I hope next time, PMY will not be paired younger than her, so she won't ba called a "cougar" or "cradle snatcher" by the bashers.... Just close at her age...

On February 20, 2016 at 4:03 PM, Berou Lalou said:

Finally someone who shares the same thoughts as me. At first, i was overjoyed about the romance between the 2 leads, i even imagined how their first kiss should be and expected their interactions. But each time they had a scene together :holding hands ,hugging each other,kissing;  i felt no chemistry at all. Yes, they looked deeply and with heartfelt eyes at each other but their skinship didnt conveye any feeling.i previously mentioned,i was disappointed by their first kiss because they were awkward. Even if some of you said that they were not awkward,i still believe it. Here it is a thread and everybody is entitled to have different opinions.With taking a step back, i think the romance part was unecessary. They should have remained as comrades.

I dont think their zero chemistry was due to their age difference because ive watched the previous works by both leads and they had  good chemistry with their previous co-stars. YSH has most of the time worked with noonas,he had good chemistry for example with Yoon Eun Hye who is around the same age as PMY.

This drama  still remains an amazing one. It is a gem ,i feel it’s shameful that  the korean entertainment recycles dramas with the same ingredients over and over and doesnt try to innovate. I will remember Remember- war of the son, im starting to miss already SJW,LIH,PDH and the rest of the cast. I will surely watch it again by waiting upcoming works of YSH,PMY, NGM and PSW

what I like about YEH, she can blend with all the actors, regardless of the age.... Maybe this time, PMY still "hooked" with JCW (in Healer), that's why??.. hahahah... Just rumors (which I hope is true)...

Archived