[Taiwanese Drama 2015-2016] Bromance 愛上哥們

sugarplum892

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess we wont be seeing any kisses until  he becomes a she? Excepting the 1st episode, of course.

Rewatching all the romantic scenes..... like visiopeia said,... cant wait for ep 9!

Oops, had a small accident with the hp. Mistakenly sent twice the same message. Sorry everyone .

10 hours ago, rambutan said:

If anyone still doesn't know what Guilty Pleasure is, watch Bromance!  There are cliches and cringes galore, but at the end of each episode, I want MAWR!!!! Perhaps it's Baron Chen's piercing stare that pulls and magnetizes, perhaps it's Megan Lai's ability to cross dress in the most convincing way of all actresses. At the end of each episode, I have to admit I want MAWR!

RAMBUTAN, what does MAWR means? You are correct, that BARON CHEN's piercing stare makes anyone melt. I guess he is at the same age as Ming Dao, Ethan Ruan and Geoge Hu who are my favorite until now because of their handsome and adonis like face, why is it that I only see him now in a leading role and with a high viewer's rate? 

Please, please I'm just curious. Thanks.

@raewonkim

His previous hit was Fated to Love You with Ethan Ruan. His role wasn't small but Ethan was the lead, so most of the attention was on Ethan. Besides he was more of a recluse back then. He mentioned in an article that he's learnt how important it is to maintain a good relationship with people on set, so I think he's grown a lot in that aspect. Still the biggest reason is that he's been developing his career in China for the past 5 years so this is the first time in a long time that he's been in a Taiwanese drama.  

You know what, i just found out that i can't look at Baron's eye. His stare is .... gosh! It's like a voodoo, you can attracted to his eyes .. what ever he says, you will definately agree and do it! Oh My God!! 

Someone pls help me!!!! 1 ep per week is killing me!!!

HD previews for episode 9

preview 1:

Translations from viki:

Zifeng: Make a wish.

Yanuo: I wish that the person I love will fall in love with me too one day.

Zifeng: I wish that Yanuo will understand my heart.

preview 2:

Translations by jazz638

Ya Nuo: From the moment I met you, although I frequently encountered a lot of danger situations, but with you at my side, it seems like I have nothing to be afraid of.
YaNuo: So pretty (while looking at the candles)
ZiFeng: Make a wish.
YaNuo: I hope that the people I love will also love me one day. What wish did you make?
ZiFeng: I hope that everyone will receive their happiness.
YaNuo: How about your own happiness?
ZiFeng: I hope Ya Nuo can know/understand my feelings/intentions.

I made this video of 'first times' of Yanuo. Such an idea came into my mind as soon as I heard their conversation before the trip to the mountains. Enjoy :D
I'm addicted to this drama. I fell in love with Megan Lai as Pi Yanuo and with Baron Chen as Du Zifeng.
Episode 9 was so emotional. Translation done on viki so it's time to watch the second time it. =)) 

On 12/4/2015 at 1:47 PM, aymisskorea said:

@visiopeia, @mumuchan I remind you that one of the rules of Soompi is "Do not quote images".

This preview is killing me too.
This begs the question: Yanuo disappears from the life of Zifeng now or only after birthday?! 

Why, why only one episode in week!!! :((

But in the 7 episode by the river Yanuo says Fan Xiaojing that she wants to be liked by Zifeng as Pi Yanuo and not as Yanuo's sister. 
Sooner Zifeng finds the truth and he'll want to find her because he can't live without Yanuo :D

Can anyone put a link where I can watch eps 8? thanks

On 12/4/2015 at 5:47 AM, aymisskorea said:

@visiopeia, @mumuchan I remind you that one of the rules of Soompi is "Do not quote images".

This preview is killing me too.
This begs the question: Yanuo disappears from the life of Zifeng now or only after birthday?! 

Why, why only one episode in week!!! :((

But in the 7 episode by the river Yanuo says Fan Xiaojing that she wants to be liked by Zifeng as Pi Yanuo and not as Yanuo's sister. 
Sooner Zifeng finds the truth and he'll want to find her because he can't live without Yanuo :D

@aymisskorea thanks for the reminder... 

I have rewatch ep 8 raw again ... and i don't think Yanuo will reveal the truth about her real identity... 

I think of two option (i must insane)

Option 1: she will says that her cousin sister birthday, and she want a "sister party" whereby want Yanuo to dress like a girl 

Option 2: Reveal herself as Pi Yanuo's sister... tada~~~ remember, a few episode ago, she told him that she has a sister which is coming home soon? 

i'm sure you all know but let's leave a mark to celebrate and hopefully, surpass the magic number by next weekend.  the average rating for EP 8 was 2.49

i6qOMq2.jpg

short excerpt from the TV rating news article: The average for EP 8 was 2.49, age 15 to 44 brought in 3.09, ranking first nationwide. age 35 to 44 female audience send the rating to its highest at 5.22. The Christmas tree scenes earned the highest rating of 2.95 while the scenes when ZF ripped the ticket and grabbed YN out of the airport scored 2.87.  Megan also noted the director added more lines in the Christmas tree scenes to enrich the moment.  River said Megan and he improvised a lot in the teppanyaki scenes

:phew: why am i not surprised  oh, the most important part of the article, at least for me and my friends, River asked the fans to give him some more time to workout as he had not have time to hit the gym due to filming schedule, but he will fulfill the FB promise (even though he wasn't the one who made the promise but who cares)

if their scenes were between 3-5 (hypothetically) then why did the average rating was below 3?

1 hour ago, littlesame said:

if their scenes were between 3-5 (hypothetically) then why did the average rating was below 3?

Nobody wanted to watch the other scenes perhaps? And they averaged 1ish? Haha I'm just guessing. I have no idea how they calculate such things.

after watching episode 8 and the preview from episode 9, there's something that made me think..

Zi Feng wear different clothes (epsd 8 he wear white shirt & black coat, in the preview blue shirt and blue coat)

while Yanuo still wear her clothes from the ending of episode 8.

is that from different scene ?

perhaps after they met at the end of episode 8, they decided to date the next day :wub:

@littlesame What is river's promise to the fans ?

This is pure speculation, but I think there won't be any kisses between Zi Feng and Ya Nuo as long as Ya Nuo is posing as a boy. I think it would be considered too risquee for viewers, and , even though most of the characters are claiming that same-sex relationships are ok, it's definitely not the message that the drama is conveying. After all, Ya Nuo is definitely a woman, and even though Zi Feng could be agonizing about falling in love with a man, everything will be resolved in the end without shaking the conventions too much.  That's kind of a let- down for me, as one of my favourite scene in a gender-bender drama is in the Korean drama coffee prince, where the male lead is confessing to the girl ( posing as a boy of course) claiming: I don't care if you're a boy or an alien, I love you! *cue passionnate kiss* AND the pretence goes on for a long time after! But well, I still love Bromance to death, just my thoughts^^

Archived