[Drama 2016] Local Hero 동네의 영웅

Seiran029

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just general thoughts after watching  raw episodes. I need to watch with sub!  Ha ha.   Just taking in the scenes not understanding anything. It's not a heavyweight action thriller but packs fun solid punch. We'll see if it'll score a KO soon.. Heck, I like!

Local Hero. Awesome fun. It's like crime-com kinda. Is there such a thing? :P We'll probably get more action crime thriller latter parts. Waiting! But PSH LSH...ohmygosh  BROtp y'alI  ! just have this smile on my face throughout.

That car chase scene- the classic trap the suspect's car thing. Pretty neat! CCK  (lsh) was like woah! awesome dude! The way BSH (psh) showed him how it's done.BSH smile is like...piece of cake, kid. :D 

And the old man reminds me of Bruce Wayne's butler. Ha Ha. And the background music reminds of detective/private eye shows. Yes, I notice even those things ( editing, cinematography, etc)

Waiting for Eng subs :D

Just finished watching the first two eps with subs, and I stand by what I said about Yuri's acting, she has definitely improved since Fashion King, her facial expressions and eyes show more emotions now.

I really like Yuri's interactions with PSH and LSH, she has chemistry with them, it's not forced. :) And the bromance is only starting, they're quite funny lol

I'm happy to see that along with the guy's bromance, Jung Yeon has a close friendship with So Mi, it's always good for the main leads to have at least one good friend :) 

As for the romance side of the drama, so it's been established that Shi Yoon and Seo Ahn were lovers but are no longer together most likely because of what happened. Then they meet again at the Bar because Chan Gyu knows(?) Seo Ahn. So I'm assuming that they might try to reconcile and Jung Yeon and Chang Gyu will spend time together outside of the bar, while Shi Yoon and Jung Yeon work together in the bar as boss and employee, then start to fall for one another, therefore, starts our love square ( I hope) ;) 

Side note: Yoon Tae Young is handsome hehe

@LavelyShai I agree with everything that you said. I actually would like to see a bit of misunderstanding and jealousy between our leads lol just because that's just how I am. As long as they don't drag it out. But I do agree that Shi Yoon needs to get over his failed relationship with Seo Ahn before his feelings for Jung Yeon develops. That is why I want interactions with Chan Gyu and Jung Yeon, they already look good together as well. 

I already watched it, and I like it. the story not much heavy as I expected before (maybe because I watched more heavy show these days). The scene that really memorable for me is Jung Yeon action scene and the last scene of 2nd ep and the bromance too, haha... I really love the ambiance of the bar. This drama will be on my watching list from now. 

So far, I'm impressed. :) Great first two episodes. 

But I've been wondering. What is the KCIO Shiyoon worked at before the happenings in Macao? Is it some sort of intelligence agency? Because other series usually use the abbreviation NIS for that purpose. Or is KCIO something entirely different? 

Watching the subs. I understand better. ohmigosh haven't stop grinning. I realize who  LSH character CCK sorta remind of of..Hanamichi Sakuragi. wahahahaha (from the Anime Slam Dunk) Burst LOL when finally he caught up with the bus but he was breathing so heavily from running and the girl student  in front looking at him like.. ewww ha ha ha then he went to sat beside the guy he was following but..then he was tired fell asleep on the old man's shoulder. Seriously, that scene is so real life. If you've not taken a public bus, things like that happen IRL ye know :D:w00t:

12 hours ago, jongski said:

Watching the subs. I understand better. ohmigosh haven't stop grinning. I realize who  LSH character CCK sorta remind of of..Hanamichi Sakuragi. wahahahaha (from the Anime Slam Dunk) Burst LOL when finally he caught up with the bus but he was breathing so heavily from running and the girl student  in front looking at him like.. ewww ha ha ha then he went to sat beside the guy he was following but..then he was tired fell asleep on the old man's shoulder. Seriously, that scene is so real life. If you've not taken a public bus, things like that happen IRL ye know :D:w00t:

i tot only me think CCK character looks like hanamichi :)

you must be slam dunk fan right? :blush:

19 hours ago, OO1230 said:

@igniculus KCIO is Korea's Central Intelligence Agency :)

Thanks! :)

I do wonder about one more thing though. Taeho let the burglar boy go, in hopes of catching him in the act later. What is that "owner-operated felony" control he and Junhee were talking about? Is it to monitor repeat offenders of what?

On 1/28/2016 at 0:20 AM, jongski said:

Aww. This crime drama receiving lots of love from viewers.  At least it looks to be that way.

And jongski is happy intl viewer! ready for ep 3 weekend. :wub:

photos grab from OCN feed.

Reveal hidden contents

translate, anyone? :D

I just know some words.. kkk. so this is just some parts and maybe not 100% accurare. ^^ 

'NH' ParkSiHoo.JoSungHa.LeeSooHyuk, Livehood Avengers come out

'NH' ParkSiHoo, released from prison after 3 years...  sexy shape exposure

'NH', Thrilling (and) warm 'Neighborhood Action' has arrived

'NH' ParkSiHoo, revenge is starting from now

ssap****
 Director Kwak Jong Hwan really good directing NH. It's unique and like a movie

wint****
Now Yoon Tae Young appeared just for a moment and has a few lines. Yet his pose is no joke (amazing)

staz****
 It's fun.. there's no acting hole so its even better..

new5****
Their acting is natural.  The impression is also very good. It came out awesome.

cast****
LeeSooHyuk acting is so good! Like wearing his own clothes, naturally..

After watching episodes 1 and 2 with sub. I realized, the  old man who owned the bar (before selling it to SH) used to be with National Intelligence department. That majority of those who comes to the bar regularly are also from the department wanting to unwind, talk and just relax and maybe  do a little biz on the side?. Hence, he wanted it to be how it was. Like nothing should be changed. That was his condition to SH.

And the reason for SH buying the bar of course was for revenge! Because the bar is frequented by government operatives.. he is looking for information  on who called to 'ceased' the operation they were doing in Macau.

That's his main goal, but a aside from that, SH also sees some injustices being committed  by some thugs and him, being good skilled in martial arts, he becomes the vigilante fighting to protect the neighborhood and since he's close with his late part who died, then the one in prison, SH will also be close to CCK, who's dream is to become a policeman- but he's fumbling adorkable boy, he'll be close to him and train him to help fight crime. Oh BRotp, anyone? Ha ha :D

Archived