• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lilsunxuxu

...hot shot...taiwanese drama 2008...

this drama, I felt it more on Show Luo rather than Jerry Yan... since they were promoting Show Luo... and sorry, I didnt finish the story though its exciting, b'cos I cannot stand that Show Luo...... he talked too much and with that irritating actions.. used to like Luo b'cos saw some of the variety shows that he hosted, thought he's very witted and cute, but cant stand him in hot shot....  

also, I got so fedup watching "come to my place"... F4's name was so big flashing across... but were just the cameo roles for the foursome... :angry: 

photo je.gifphoto 67d621c1jw6dbag08i5aeg.gifphoto 1269508735_4.gifDate: 5/9/2009“I will be like a little puppy, to keep him happy.”YangCheng (Y): Do you know Jerry Yan before this?

ELLA (E): I’ve only seen him once, at the backstage in Beijing. Actually I’ve come to know of him very early and wondered how he is like in actual person exactly. Thus, you could consider that he is a person I am very familiar with, yet a complete stranger to. He is very, very popular! I thought then, “Wow, I wonder what would it be like to be working with a co-star of Heavenly King status?...”

Y: How different is the Jerry Yan now in your eyes, compared to the past?

E: When we first come into contact, he might have appeared a little distant. He would always be surrounded by his crew who are tasked to look after him. If you feel like approaching him, there would be a nagging thought, “Would I end up as though looking for trouble?” (laughs heartily) But I tell myself, I will definitely get along with him, because I will fall for him in the serial. Thus, in real life, we must be good friends, have that little chemistry, and our interactions on-screen will be real and nice. In fact, as time goes by, you would discover he is really like a big boy, very serious towards his work. He has high expectations of himself, and at times, that would make others feel heartache for him. The real him is actually a “Kai Xin Guo”, but perhaps due to his encounters over the years, which is not what we would be able to understand and imagine; thus, others tend to misunderstand him. Let’s try this, if you are Jerry Yan, and you have to take up so many media interviews, how would you feel?... I felt that he would be scared, because everyone would be scrutinizing him. Therefore I encouraged him to just be himself, and not to mind what others would think, because the one whom everyone loves is really the real him.

Y: Are your horoscopes compatible?

E: He is a Capricorn, while I am a Gemini… I am quite attractive to Capricorns! I know a few male friends who are Capricorns and they also like me, but I have no idea why (laughs heartily). I sincerely wish Jerry the very best, because in our entertainment circle, it is really tough. I’ve been through the rough patches too, thus, I wish to share with everyone. The reason I could understand him well is because I am a more warm person - I will be like a little puppy, to keep him happy. Because regardless if you are happy or not, a little puppy would only feel the need to make you happy…
Source: 金羊网 -- 羊城晚报 专访ELLA (Yang Cheng Evening News Feature Interview – ELLA)

Guest lilsunxuxu

@corearen, one of the cute interviews from Down with Love.

how cute the two were.... love the interactions between them...

you have to watch this variety show.. Jerry + Ella promoting Down with Love.  it comes with eng sub.. quite a lengthy one but very entertaining.. hope u enjoy <3

DWL - the most profitable Idol Drama in Taiwan in 2010

Down With Love - Most Profitable Idol Drama in Taiwan

GTV revenue reports on 2010 TV dramas indicate that
[Down with Love] was the most profitable idol drama,
The overseas broadcasting rights were sold
at US$35,000 per episode, totaling NT$20.54 million for all 20 episodes

Guest lilsunxuxu

jerry said before that Ella is one of the important friends in his life as she really helped to open him up alot.. bcos of Ella's outgoing and bubbly personalities...

http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/86851f86gw1dkhiymaf7tj.jpghttp://ww1.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/68240055gw1dkijqkfyjgj.jpg

http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/68256d20tw1dkhluh4ewyj.jpghttp://ww3.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/68240055jw1dkpqqdiya4j.jpg...oh.yes .Ella have a special place i his heart...TREASURE....friends ?!....maybe....but... for body language this actors  more....!...one beautiful love story!....in past !...and...now...friends ..Yes !

@lilsunsxinexuxu...i like the video and i miss Jerry and Ella....! and not forgetting  the hero with  his funny faces!!!!!!!!!!!!...http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/6e71326btw1dl0mx0mwn4j.jpghttp://ww3.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/6999a07ajw1djw3ogncivj.jpg...and Jerry with  his most precious treasure E... ,,really good'' personal friendship...!...anyway.. i love you ,guys, friends or not....!

Guest lilsunxuxu

Singapore Magazine Exhibition
Singapore magazine, I weekly most classic photography exhibition and one of the exhibits include jerry's reprt.

MOD EDIT: DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES!!!
Updates on Jerry in Shanghai July 2, 2011 report

wow... there was an exhibition in Singapore to commemorate his 10years (2001~2011).

hope there will be another one coming along on this 15th years... i.e. next year <3

Jerry Yan ~ The Idols of Idols :iweekly#687 30 Dec 2010

credits to kym @ nbbbs.com

68251dd4jw6dcpbre0inrj.jpg

i週刊No.687  30 Dec 2010 ~ iWeekly No. 687 30 Dec 2010
2000 - 2010 ~ 10 年誰主風雲 2000-2010 ~ Who’s Leading the Trend these 10 years
最強偶像 ~ 言承旭 Idols of Idols ~ Jerry Yan

Pg 32 
10 年榮耀 ~ 誰主風雲 10 years of glory ~ Who’s Leading the Trend
文﹕楊麗玲 Text : Yang Li Ling

真正的英雄﹐可以造勢。A true hero can drum up support.
十載風雲﹐他們只手遮天﹐力抗環境。For 10 decades, they have called the shots and resisted the flow. 
潮流創造﹐風騷引領。Creating the trends, victoriously leading the way.

Pg 33
言承旭 ~ Jerry Yan
華人圈中自金城武之後﹐屬他最明星。
After Takeshi Kaneshiro, he has the most star appeal amongst Chinese.         

是2001年的 [[流星花園]] 開啟台灣偶像潮流﹐以道明寺為首的F4風靡全亞洲﹐奇跡至今仍在。
Since the “Meteor Garden” started of the Taiwanese Idol trend in 2001, with him as the lead Dao Ming Si, F4 has mesmerized the whole of Asia. This record-breaking miracle is remains unchallenged till now. 

生活低調﹐作品不多﹐曝光更少﹐卻依然獲得萬千寵愛維持超高人氣。
Low-key in his life, not having many projects with even less exposure, yet he still has the doting love and support from tens of thousands. His popularity far exceeds others and has sustained until now.

地位凌駕一般偶像﹐因身段尊貴。
His status supersedes the average idol as his honor is above the rest.

是性格使然也是形象經營得當﹐能抗拒邀約不斷的金錢誘惑﹐愈神秘愈是引人牽掛。
Could it be his character is such or perhaps his image has been managed well. He could resist the never-ending lure of money and offers. The more mysterious he is the more concerned others are about him.

高高在上﹐的確比較像巨星。 
Being high above the rest, in fact makes him more like a Superstar.

~THE END~

cr: http://jerryph.blogspot.sg/

Guest lilsunxuxu

《時尚cosmo》2010年10月號
宅男1號:言承旭:笨笨地從宅走出去
[COSMOPOLITAN] October 2010 Homebody No 1: Jerry Yan
My Way Jerry Yan: born in Taiwan, actor, film credits – [Meteor Garden], [Magic Kitchen], etc. I have always pursued my showbiz career in my own way although it may not be the best. Many people want to be different once they are rich and famous. I always tell myself that I will never forget my humble past. I do not believe in materialism, such as living in big house or buying expensive cars even though I can afford them today.
I would like to deliver the message that Jerry Yan has become more mature but he is still the same person. In real life I’m a homebody living a very simple life. I do not hang out at bars or night clubs. I like to stay home by myself. I do my own laundry and house cleaning. I like my home to be very tidy and clean. It feels more comfortable that way.
It's hard to feel upbeat in a clustered house. I also cook for myself. I know some simple dishes since I worked in kitchens before. I let myself sleep in until wake up naturally when I’m home alone. I would then go for some sports, such as swimming, running and playing basketball.
I also enjoy reading, watching TV and movies on DVD. I like listening to instrumental music, such as piano. I usually select different kind of instrumental music based on my mood. Different from many people at my age, I’m still a boy at heart. I’m a simple and trusting person. I think that a man is different than a boy in that he knows how to take care others. I’m still learning. I’m not quite there yet. If I have to measure that in proportion, I’d say man to boy is 0.01 to 9.99.
Recently I watched [Assembly] and loved it, so manly, so brilliant. I started to picture myself in that leading man role, a man with beard, military hair style, and no make up. One day I would like to own a huge ranch. There will be my mom and the woman who has decided to share my life with me. She and I will enjoy the sunset together on the front porch.
http://news.dayoo.com/ent/201010/08/53922_14103918.htm

....the outfit...always...great !...and the video, new video with Jerry ...very nice....anyway i love MUSIC....and @lilsunshinexuxu...thank you ,for -BABE-....i feel happy ,extremely happy...!

Jerry is really a very humble person... though he could afford anything and everything in the world, but he lives simple... in 2005, he was still driving his 10-year-old old car, and occasionally broken down half way on the road.. a fan detailed the generosity he showered to his friends around him.. you may want to read it here ;) http://myjerryf4.blogspot.sg/2005/12/thrifty-guy-but-generous-to-others-car.html 

he's a very cute and thoughtful big boy, once, he surprised his good friend cum costume designer Chen Sun-hua with a personal computer, bcos the friend just mentioned casually that he needed one.. he sponsored one of his staff to further her studies in the New York City http://afspot.net/forum/topic/613086-jerry-yan-sponsored-personal-asst-fannys-new-york-study-costing-a-million/ he gifted his assistants with luxury goods... he loves the friends around him.

he is also a very sincere idol, he remembers the faces and of 'cos the names of his diehard fans... letters and cards from fans, he carries in his bag.. whenever he feels down or bored ,he will read them to recharge himself... Small S (Big S - Shan Cai's younger sister) in an interview mentioned that Jerry has so many gifts from his fans that he kept them dearly.. so many that he had no more room to store them and he had to store them in Big S's mother's house... as I read stories about some idols gave away the gifts that fans given to them.. but Jerry treasures the gifts that his fans gave him... he loves his fans....

Guest lilsunxuxu

MOD EDIT: DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES!!!

...a great  couple outfit....a dream...!...a nice dream !

the 'wedding' between Ping-Guo (Apple)... since there wasn't any wedding in the drama..

hope you enjoy this wedding.

fan made another one, 1 year anniversary after their wedding :wub:

Weekly Shanghai ~ My Splendid Life ~
Ten Years Past By

November 16,2011
http://www.weeklysh....ArticleID=10931

credit translation : sunny@www.yanchengxu.net

photo mSL2.jpg

November 8, 2011 Dragon TV “My Splendid Life” press conference held in Shanghai. The background Interview with Jerry Yan.

“Thanks for your patience, I’ve got a lot to say today”, said Jerry Yan to the reporters at the press interview following the premiere of “My Splendid Life’. Sitting on the floor, Jerry Yan answered questions from all directions with a gorgeous smile in a sometimes cute and funny tone. Another rich heir after Dao Ming Si 10 years ago, he faced questions of whether the two characters are alike. He smiled, “ A rich heir in my mind should be played by a good actor but not necessarily a handsome face.

Some people speculated that it would difficult working with Jerry. Fang Fang, a famous Taiwanese actress shared many scenes with Jerry. She wondered what would happened for the two people, both labeled as difficult, to work together for the first time. Her observation surprise her since Jerry demonstrated high level of work ethics as well as acting skills that allowed successful single takes for many scenes.

The two became close friends and Jerry always called her “grandma”, She was so happy to have this friend and even joked, “ I wouldn’t mind to date him if I wasn’t so old!” Jerry followed, “Actually I wanted to knock on her door in the evenings..to discuss the script.”

Yedda Chen was doing her homework on Jerry Yan by researching on the internet before the filming started. She quickly found out that her worries were unnecessary. It easy to get him situated, just give him some good snacks”.

Someone called Jerry as “Professor Yan” out of respect. Jerry did not realize that he was the one being address until his agent called out, “Jerry”. His agent joked, “Give some response that was for you…” People laughed. Jerry lowered his head and apologized embarrassedly. He then said sarcastically,” everyone here is so serious…” Laughter broke out once more.

Jerry continued,” I have been relaxed today. I always nervous in the past so people thought I was difficult. I am a shy person and need time to warm up to people. I am much better now. I can do anything”.

Jerry Yan has become a household name as Dao Ming Si in “Meteor Garden” ten years ago. Jerry’s character in MSL has a similar background. Jerry said, “I think that it is a coincident. It is a challenge for me to bring a different meaning to a character. If you see what I mean then its tell you that Jerry Yan has not been wasting time in the past ten years.”

Jerry gave the character many comical moments. He had to speak fast and the script was usually long. He also had no problem putting himself in embarrassing situations. “I wanted to show that I am not just a handsome face. I can do a lot more without the burden of an “idol”. He was most satisfied when he saw his jokes worked for the crew. “If I couldn’t let go the “idol” burden, I couldn’t have done so many funny things”.

Jerry has been preparing himself physically for his new movie project next month, “Scarlet” of Director Zero Zhou. He said I would play an ugly pirate with many scars. To tell you the truth, I was planning to shave of my head”.

“I withdrew myself from an outside world for a period of time when I became popular all of sudden. A simple dinner occasion was used by a friend of his friend and caused him a lot of trouble” He was hurt and did not want to deal with anyone. He was scared of small things like a photo shoot.

In the past years, Jerry took acting courses and most importantly learned many lessons in life. “I learned when to let go. I believe that a prosperous life can provide nutrition to acting, you character will be more contented”.

To ensure the success of the production, Jerry went on a costume-shopping trip to Korea. He stayed at a low budget hotel and carried his own luggage. He was able to save on the purchase of over 30 outfits. He also hired a makeup artiste by himself.

In order to focus on filming, he gave up on web blogs. “ I don’t want to just deliver blogs with not quality works”.

There are still the questions on regrouping F4. Jerry said, “I was in Hong Kong recently and was told that Vanness was also there. He texted him right away but they still missed each other. We are in contact but we all are busy. I am very happy that everyone is doing better and better.

Ten years flew by and Jerry Yan has become more mature. He loves acting. “ I wish that Jerry Yan is label for quality works. When people look back at how I evolved, I wish to hear , “ Its worthwhile to watch his works”.....photo 6c90608egw1dmyt2xhav7j.jpgphoto 64407045201111120020152101841668514_0272487535711.jpg

Archived