[Drama 2016] Signal 시그널

larus

2 hours ago, selenette said:

From several posts I read here, some people really don't care for, or dislike Park Hae-young (some even want to swap him with his older brother or get him killed). Is it a personal reason? Is it related to the actor?

I like the actor, Lee Jae-Hoon, @selenette.

But in the context of the drama, I don't feel it is "fair" that LJH will give up his life to save PSW, at PHY's urgent request. Let PHY trade his own life for his brother's  (that is, if we really must lose one of the trio detectives; I prefer they all survive)

DramaFever uploaded ep. 15. Heading there now...

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finally watched the episode.  WTF? Sorry for the language but I was so so SO annoyed with the characters today.  Did they all lose their ability to reason?  

Spoiler

All the reasons I saw red today:

- PSW:  You say you don't trust anyone and you know not to trust cops. Then, why in heaven would you give the evidence you only wanted to give to LJH to some random cop you don't even know.  

- KBJ: you rotten evil scum....I have nothing good to say.  just die.

- CSH: After twenty years of being a cop, you knew there was only one minute for transmission and you decided to waste that time wailng.  What happened to the cool you?  You were the one who told PHY to get a grip.  Then, why in the world would you let the scum bag get away so easily when you were the one who said KBJ minions will be out to get him first.  So of course, you didn't cuff him right away and he got killed.  COME ON!  Then, you get all cool to shoot down the car but again DO NOT make sure to check and catch the bad guy and let him get away. 

- PHY: You were you but I was still annoyed that you remained a hot head. Grow up.

- LJH:  my God, you were paranoid enough to transfer and do everything behind everyone's back. Then, when you have the evidence, again you decided to stop and take care of the crime case (like when you decided to rush after the robber). All ok.  BUT COULDN'T YOU LOCK YOUR FREAKING CABINET OR HIDE THE LETTER WITHIN A BOOK OR SOMETHING OR TAKE IT WITH YOU.   This one is the one I understand the least.  LJH is not stupid. Why would he do this?  He knows he is going after KBJ and some seriously high up person.  WHY?  Sign a death warrant right then and there.

Thanks for letting me get it off my chest.  I love this show, but episode 15 was just aggravating. 

Hands down, the BEST Korean drama to have ever been made.

And this is coming from someone who has watched over 200+ Korean dramas in the past 11 years.

I felt so eh watching this episode. Idk it felt as if all the characters were there but were not actually there. Did they all lose their common sense? 
I am so scared to watch episode 16. I really don't know how all of this can be resolved tomorrow and keep the 3 main leads safe. 

I have lots of faith in the writer though so praying for the best :)

16 minutes ago, Mico Ricco said:

There is something which puzzled me on the red scarf.

KBJ already having the red scarf safely hidden away and he refused handing it over to LJH.

Then how the red scarf ended up with the forensic and results couriered to LJH?

I am also wondering about this too..

And why must they have the characters have so similar names? I am so confused between Kim Bum Joo and Kim Sung Bum now. All along I thought they found the body in KBJ's house, and now it is KSB? And who is Kim Sung Bum anyway?

@Mico Ricco The forensic report on the scarf was done in Jan 29th, 2000, which was even before PSW was released from detention centre. In other words, during that time, the scarf was still in the hands of Lee Dong Jin, not KBJ. As to who had it analysed remains unknown for now - is it even possible for a 17 year old boy to request for an item to be analysed by the NFS? As for the other, my thinking is that LJH somehow was apprised of the fact that the scarf had previously been analysed, and requested for the report to be couriered to him.

@liddi  silly me.  Thanks for mentioning the date. 

l reckon many viewers like myself wondering and confused by the sequence of events. 

Many of us needed to re-watch past episodes over and over again because we are not attentive enough to the details before our eyes.:)

Xports News - Naver: 'Signal'. Can Kim Hye Soo prevent Lee Je Hoon and Joo Jin Woong's deaths?
1. [+9,311, -75] Don't let any of them die... ㅜㅜ

2. [+7,761, -63] No, they'll be able to save both because they'll continue to communicate over walkie talkie ㅠㅠ

3. [+7,329, -73] Detective-nim, I want you to be happy

4. [+5,655, -135] The future changed~ Did Park Hae Young and Lee Jae Han's fates get switched?.. Last episode tomorrow ㅠㅠ

5. [+3,944, -161] Park Hae Young died~~

6. [+2,353, -51] I thought Reply 1988 was the best drama, but Signal is top notch

7. [+2,201, -17] Please save them all ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ I'd like to see the 3 of them at the pork rind restaurant drinking soju together ㅠㅠ

Nate
1. [+1,384, -17] I seriously wanna kill Kim Bum Joo

2. [+1,190, -9] Could Kim Hye Soo in the past the last key to change the future?? Ah.. I love this drama but things are getting more complicated as it approaches the endㅜㅜㅋ

3. [+1,128, -12] I hope Park Hae Young and Lee Jae Han survive so they can go have a drink of soju along with Cha Soo Hyun at the pork rind placeㅜㅜ Bum Joo must die of course

4. [+125, -1] Kudos to Signal for never failing to include the preview at the end of every episode... Joo Jin Woong's acting is daebak, as if Officer Lee Jae Han is alive somewhere right now ㅠㅠㅠ

Mydaily - Daum: 'Signal', Joo Jin Woong and Kim Hye Soo's tearful walkie-talkie conversation that transcend 15 years 

1. [+1,500, -21] How I wish I can speak with the writer through a walkie-talkie and tell her to save Lee Jae Han and Park Sun Woo

2. [+1,276, -19] Today was intense ㅠㅠㅠㅠ

3. [+1,010, -17] There was this suffocating feeling in my heart when Park Hae Young blocked Cha Soo Hyun with his whole body from the incoming bullet. It's so sad, I bawled my eyes out ㅠㅠㅠ

4. [+261, -4] They weren't able to rescue Sun Woo after all, save Lee Jae Han at least ㅠ Park Hae Young says in the preview "The past has already been changed" but his faint smile in the end is my glimmer of hope

Naver
1. [2,266, -22] Please, save them allㅠㅠ  Signal is the best movie-like drama ever

2. [+1,836, -22] Hoping that nothing traumatic happens in the finale... Signal fighting~~!!

3. [+1,278, -20] Stay alive, I believe in you writer^^

4. [+1,225, -27] Lee Jae Han is the second drama character I desperately wish to remain alive after Cha Moo Hyuk in 'I'm Sorry I Love You' ㅠㅠㅠㅠ Save him ㅠㅠㅠㅠ

5. [+284, -3] Bum Joo - if you read it backwards it's joobum (tn: main culprit)!! As expected of the writer!!!

6. [+274, -4] Let the image of the 3 of them in the poster be reality..

7. [+321, -24] Whatever anyone says, this is the best drama of the year for me!!

-

Not to be a downer... but I can't seem to shake this terrible sinking feeling that Signal is going to have one of those 'rocks fall for totally probable reasons and everybody dies' endings. 

Case in point (in spoilers for those not yet with subs):

Spoiler

JaeHan being shown to have evidence to convict Kim BumJoo, but gets caught with it and is subsequently murdered.

HaeYoung being successfully framed for murder and then shot (inadvertently, but there you go), and still on the hook for murder and escaping custody.

SunWoo having his drink spiked (UGH) by Superintendent Bum Joo and then being bled to death

The last people standing on the side of the good guys are SooHyun and the other detectives of the cold case team. And who knows how far they're willing to go or how much success they'll have fighting back against the insidious power of the Congressman and Superintendent.

And their only lead met the equivalent of the White Mack Truck of Doom before actually handing over the evidence they so desperately needed to even have a chance of winning. 

So frustrated with all our characters tonight!!  I can't believe how many missteps they made. But I'm reminding myself that the director and writer have built characters that are stunningly human.  And however brilliant they are at what they do, they're still fallible. 

I can't wait for tomorrow's ep you guys!!!!

Ok. I have calmed down... Somewhat. I don't know if I can like the actor who plays KBJ in real life. Kudos to j him that he acted so well I want to frame him for some crime :phew::phew::phew:

I really don't get the forensic report from the States.  It has to be the kid Lee Dong Jin right? He went to study in the stats so he had some connection. It takes me forever to get a forensic report when I subpoena for it, and even longer when I had to order one one a long time ago, so I don't get how the kid can order it. Or was it Chief Ahn? It seems unlikely but he somehow knew the punk kid dropped off the scarf to PSW. Was chief Ahn already preparing for the day when he can use the evidence? Was he forced to kill because KSB was there and he wanted the torture to stop? 

I was sorely disappointed with episode 15 but I hope we get a great finale in episode 16 that caps of this great series. Don't fail me now.

WOW!!!..

so haven't gone through other ocmments as yet..but my thought..

1. SW: I am heartbroken...but then all of us knew he wont be saved because that would have altered the entire universe of this kdrama

2. CSY: I am just so angry with her.. had it not been for her hormones....everyone could be alive..including SW..arrgh..i am so so so angry right now.. and I know it won't happen..but instead of PSY scene in the end realizing how he 'inspired' LJH to never give up.. I really want CSY to realize how everyone is dead because of her carelessness.. i really want her to cry .. like really cry..because I am so angry

3. Wow!.. How many times did the timeline change today...this was awesome..

So, start of the series, LJH died at the hospital, then timeline changed because the case changed...and he died in the woods .. shot more precisely...

Now in ep 16.. oh man..i honestly marveled at the scene... when PSY tells CSY the hospital..and we are shown the first way of dying.. back being slit...

And then CSY told LJH abt death..and we are back to second way of dying..

4. PSY clearly is not dead..atleast he is not dying in ep 15 for sure..

5. LJH being alive.. the other inspector who died..did all shady stuff because wanted money for his daughter's operation..but we have seen all through the series that he is not really  a bad cop...

Neither did he shoot LJH at a deadly spot...

But then if LJH were alive, everyone's memory of it would have changed by now... or let's say LJH is in hiding so all think he is dead..but he isn't.. but if that were the case..then how did they play around with the corpse and DNA.. well yes..they could have lied..or planted DNA..

I would ofc love if LJH is alive..( rest two..watever happens)... 

6. 11.23: Ok this was very obvious.. I mean..kind of from the beginning..so ya..I am very happy abt getting something right in this series :P

7. Last scene: my my... first CJW rocks.. second..wat an amazing scene.. never to give up..i'll be back.. some way or the other.. Is it really about will being so strong that even the universe helps you in the most insane ways to achieve what you want.. aka time traveling signals.. :)

8 open ended: What did he mean when he said in the first episode to PSY that .. "When the time comes convince me... *for something*.."..

Was it about running to SW as soon as possible...and not get caught up in this other case as he did..and ofc SW died..

9. CSY is a good actress..but her character feels so weak in front of LJH.. and PSY .. as in more prominent weakness.. I mean PSY is trying to save SW..and not once her reactions appear to care enough..but when LJH is in danger..she is ready to bend all rules and let anything happen to this world?

I do not have a problem with that attitude..and afterall she loves him..so obviously anyone would want to save their loved ones if there is a chance..

But how can you be so insensitive about other's loved ones (PSY's brother SW).. specially when PSY is not even a stranger..but hopefully someone who means something to her... but again its her and her hormones..

I am just mad!..SW and LJH died because of her after ofcourse our superintendent of police..because well he literally killed the two of them.

10. My wishlist: ep 16 last scene.. i know this exact scene can never happen..but i would have really loved..that people are waiting at some police event..and some high ranking police officer is to come and grace the event..

And PSY and CSY turn around to see LJH as that big guy.. :D:D  ( and you know memories of those don't alter by themselves who have spoken to dead LJH..so it kind of fits)

But in all probability he will just turn out hiding somewhere...

1 hour ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

2. CSY: I am just so angry with her.. had it not been for her hormones....everyone could be alive..including SW..arrgh..i am so so so angry right now.. and I know it won't happen..but instead of PSY scene in the end realizing how he 'inspired' LJH to never give up.. I really want CSY to realize how everyone is dead because of her carelessness.. i really want her to cry .. like really cry..because I am so angry

9. CSY is a good actress..but her character feels so weak in front of LJH.. and PSY .. as in more prominent weakness.. I mean PSY is trying to save SW..and not once her reactions appear to care enough..but when LJH is in danger..she is ready to bend all rules and let anything happen to this world?

I do not have a problem with that attitude..and afterall she loves him..so obviously anyone would want to save their loved ones if there is a chance..

But how can you be so insensitive about other's loved ones (PSY's brother SW).. specially when PSY is not even a stranger..but hopefully someone who means something to her... but again its her and her hormones..

I am just mad!..SW and LJH died because of her after ofcourse our superintendent of police..because well he literally killed the two of them.

I'm a little confused on why you think Detective Cha caused SW's death and everyone else's? 

Also, I mean she waited 15 years to find out anything about LJH--that's a pretty long time, so I think her reaction would be kinda irrational/emotional. (I too was slightly annoyed by her slight lack of empathy for PHY's situation) I think this is the only episode where she demonstrates complete fragility as in the past episodes we always see her trying to be strong when she's shaken, and this episode is her breaking point.

Archived