[Drama 2015] The Village: Achiara's Secret 마을- 아치아라의 비밀

larus

I am beginning to feel this script-writer is either very brilliant and smart or extremely illogical if the dots cannot connect.  There is nothing in between, the script-writer is on either extreme of the spectrum....   Pray that there is no anti-climax but a brilliant plot to explain all the ?????? in our heavy heads......so heavy that I feel that I am walking on my head now...  LOL

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@baduy, would it be too much to ask if you could explain the video preview (posted on the previous page) again? The only parts I think I get are the beginning the end (I think SY is asking if that's how her sister died at the beginning and Agasshi is saying he really wants the teacher (aka SY) to be happy at the end?).

I think an overall pattern is emerging, which should get clearer in today's episode. The initial clue is that Young Lady met Hye Jin on a rainy day (maybe a Wednesday) shortly after her arrival in the village and became obsessed with her.  Her disappearance (which which he may have been unconnected) triggered a compulsion to seek out other women on rainy Wednesdays, Unless they reacted to him as Hye Jin did (i.e. didn't run away in horror) they got the "happiness" treatment.  This would be the core of truth behind Woo Jae's early hunch (ridiculed by Sgt Han at the time) that Hye Jin's death was somehow the first of the series. The emergence of Hye Jin's corpse then set him murdering more frequently as Jae Woo also surmised.  Hye Jin is the pivot connecting this set of events to the other mysteries involving her birth and parentage, which are presumably going to get cleared up in the remaining episodes.  And we still have to find out who was behind the murder that happened when the Young Lady had been taken into custody.

Actually, Soyun is asking "is this how you killed my sister?" And at the end Young Lady is saying that the world is full of wretched and miserable people and that he wants Soyun at least to be happy.  In between, Ju Hui tells Geon Woo that she doesn't want to expose his father's evil deeds to the police, but he tells her to go ahead and do just that without worrying. She asks him meaningfully does he know whose daughter Hye Jin was. Then Geon Woo is telling his father to run away quickly and not commit any more crimes, but his father protests his innocence. JS is telling her mother that she has plans to bring that family's secrets to light by herself, but then she becomes aware of Yuna's presence and breaks off.

This is from memory, I don't have time to rewatch the clip right now.

I think an overall pattern is emerging, which should get clearer in today's episode. The initial clue is that Young Lady met Hye Jin on a rainy day (maybe a Wednesday) shortly after her arrival in the village and became obsessed with her.  Her disappearance (which which he may have been unconnected) triggered a compulsion to seek out other women on rainy Wednesdays, Unless they reacted to him as Hye Jin did (i.e. didn't run away in horror) they got the "happiness" treatment.  This would be the core of truth behind Woo Jae's early hunch (ridiculed by Sgt Han at the time) that Hye Jin's death was somehow the first of the series. The emergence of Hye Jin's corpse then set him murdering more frequently as Jae Woo also surmised.  Hye Jin is the pivot connecting this set of events to the other mysteries involving her birth and parentage, which are presumably going to get cleared up in the remaining episodes.  And we still have to find out who was behind the murder that happened when the Young Lady had been taken into custody.

What puzzles me is that it was already said every one of the 8 victims associated with the serial murderer is confirmed to have been dosed with the same drug. We saw Agasshi use it on the last girl. And the police is convinced the murderer makes his own drug, probably because it's s combination they have not encountered before. And we've seen the lab and heard Agasshi say she is working on a "happy drug". So the only person who could have killed the victim in question would have been Agasshi, provided he does not have an accomplice, and it's kind of too late in the story to introduce a new character.

Could it be possible, the director has been misleading us with the timing again? Since Agasshi was not arrested as a suspect for the serial killings, is it possible, it was the corpse being found, rather than the killing taking place, that accelerated his release from questioning? We already know the detective is more interested in the serial murders than HJ's death, after all.

Actually, Soyun is asking "is this how you killed my sister?" And at the end Young Lady is saying that the world is full of wretched and miserable people and that he wants Soyun at least to be happy.  In between, Ju Hui tells Geon Woo that she doesn't want to expose his father's evil deeds to the police, but he tells her to go ahead and do just that without worrying. She asks him meaningfully does he know whose daughter Hye Jin was. Then Geon Woo is telling his father to run away quickly and not commit any more crimes, but his father protests his innocence. JS is telling her mother that she has plans to bring that family's secrets to light by herself, but then she becomes aware of Yuna's presence and breaks off.

Thank you, I've really been wondering about the dialogue. I promise to take it with a pound of salt ;)

Aren't all these clues great?  The script writer is either a magician or a confusion......best mystery drama of the year winning Alfred Hitchcock, Agatha Christie hands-down..the new Ace mystery writer...Acharia-Nim...makes us all so clueless and with only one episode to end? Amazing!! *salute*  :)

PS:  Though clues have pointedly suggested that GW's dad was the rapist, somehow he just does not have the look of a rapist....maybe that is a good point for him if he was really one and his victims had their guard down.   Also, what I could not understand was if the carpenter was truly the rapist, his son GW could be an organ donor for HJ and GY too but he would not in order not to expose his dad?   See how confused I am?  LOL

Aren't all these clues great?  The script writer is either a magician or a confusion......best mystery drama of the year winning Alfred Hitchcock, Agatha Christie hands-down..the new Ace mystery writer...Acharia-Nim...makes us all so clueless and with only one episode to end? Amazing!! *salute*  :)

Actually, it's still 3 episodes to go ;)

Actually, it's still 3 episodes to go ;)

Oh 3?  Thanks Chingu.   Then perhaps there is a good chance to draw an excellent conclusion of the story plot by the writer-nim that no one could guess....   so looking forward.  First time I feel so clueless about mystery stories.  :sweatingbullets:

ga young is going to die?...:tears: i feel nam ajusshi is not lying maybe he is really not the rapist ...and ga young dad ...the way he is denying everything i feel he is innocent and wrongly accused! ....arghhh we only have one episode this week :sweatingbullets: 

Do you remember why GY panicked and took off into the rain after she regained consciousness? Because her mother had always told her that hearing that particular song whistled (the one Nam ajusshi is always whistling). While she did not tell her daughter the reason for this, we know it's because it's something she associates with her rapist. Then there's also the fact that the genetic disorder happens to be a rare one, one that a shared father would pass down to all his daughters, and one that is in this village shared between HJ, GY, Nam ajusshi and his little daughter.

A little advise to GW: you can always pull a HJ/SY - where there is suspicion, you can always run a DNA test :D (GW wouldn't even have to raid his father for a DNA sample, he cab just provide his and GY's and let them test for sibling relationship).

in ep 12 when woo jae asked nam.... if nam knew his sunbaenim he paused for a moment and denied... tht he has been away for sometime ....and han said the same thing...

and about the whistle it could be possible that rapist brought ga young mother near lumber mill factory and raped her there...after suspension han started working in a lumber factory ? maybe he used to work in daegwang lumber mill....

lot of viewers has already believed that banegi is hye jin mom ...i think writer is again misleading viewers making us believe tht nam is the serial rapist....maybe there is someone else too who has fabry disease other than nam ajusshi

Assuming HJ was not murdered but died due to her sickness then why did she keep appearing in Yoona's presence giving us an impression that she has something unresolved?   Mislead us?   *puzzled*

Hi all, silent lurker here. I can't help but also want to share my speculation. I think no one killed Hye Jin. Probably, she got the symptom attack like what happened to Gayong  that night. When her head was spinning, she accidentally fell like what happened to So Yoon (when So Yoon was catching the naughty boys).

The answer is that the ghost of KHJ might be more interested in revealing the secret of Achiara: she was the product of rape and she had told, she wanted to stop that monster (the rapist!). Moreover, if JS was her real mother, KHJ could also try to get revenge. Her mother JS tried to kill her and abandoned her twice! JS refused to save her and KHJ's revenge would be to unveil the truth. JS wanted to bury the past ...

Guest my2centsworth

What puzzles me is that it was already said every one of the 8 victims associated with the serial murderer is confirmed to have been dosed with the same drug. We saw Agasshi use it on the last girl. And the police is convinced the murderer makes his own drug, probably because it's s combination they have not encountered before. And we've seen the lab and heard Agasshi say she is working on a "happy drug". So the only person who could have killed the victim in question would have been Agasshi, provided he does not have an accomplice, and it's kind of too late in the story to introduce a new character.

Could it be possible, the director has been misleading us with the timing again? Since Agasshi was not arrested as a suspect for the serial killings, is it possible, it was the corpse being found, rather than the killing taking place, that accelerated his release from questioning? We already know the detective is more interested in the serial murders than HJ's death, after all.

Thank you, I've really been wondering about the dialogue. I promise to take it with a pound of salt ;)

Because I sincerely don't want Young Lady to be killer, I have been doing some thinking about why everything seems to point to him, especially now that we have seen hit SY over the head with a bat. Remember when they arrested Young Lady and another murder was committed while he was in custody?  Wasn't it proven he was visiting his family?

I trying to find an explanation as to the "happy drug" . He was seen leaning over a victim and giving her an injection. That puzzles me? He has a fixation with young ladies being unhappy. He could be so fixed on this that his mental state is warped and causing him to do things a normal person would not do. Young Lady is not normal.....far from it !  We only have 3 more esps for all the loose ends to come together. I hope the writer ties everything up so we can all understand it. This has been an excellent written drama and I have enjoyed every minute of it. Please......let it end with all questions answered reasonably.

Its gonna be more revealed and interesting. Curious about tonight episode.

Is there any news that this week will only aired 1 episode again? (I'm just asking).

That's correct. Ep 14 only this week, today (Wednesday)

Final eps 15 and 16 in the normal slots next week, UNLESS pre-empted by baseball, awards show, or regional  finals of the over 75's kimchi making contest.

Its gonna be more revealed and interesting. Curious about tonight episode.

Is there any news that this week will only aired 1 episode again? (I'm just asking).

That's correct. Ep 14 only this week, today (Wednesday)

Final eps 15 and 16 in the normal slots next week, UNLESS pre-empted by baseball, awards show, or regional  finals of the over 75's kimchi making contest.

I really, truly, missed the lol button, reading the last possible reason for pre-empting :D

@baduy

"That's correct. Ep 14 only this week, today (Wednesday)...Final eps 15 and 16 in the normal slots next week, UNLESS pre-empted by baseball, awards show, or regional  finals of the over 75's kimchi making contest."

I would have watch the "over 75's kimchi making contest" regional final for Gimjang (김장)

Tomorrow is the 2015 Blue Dragon Awards broadcast 8:55 (KST)

Guest adikkeluangman

Still pictures of Choin Won Hong and Ahn Seo Hyun. Baby girl is growing up already.

Look focus while doing the sculpture

Choi Won Hong name was trending for awhile when he first appear in this drama.

Archived