[taiwanese Drama] Meteor Garden 1 & 2

Guest shred

Guest sweet_treats1812

YEA! i've got a good friend who came from the Philippines and she likes F4! i havn't heard any of their songs but i want to!! i also really want to see meteor garden! it seem interesting! :)

hope u do get to see it! ;) the plot is quite simple but for some reason it really touched a lot of people..me included :lol: it's fun...hope u enjoy it when u get to watch it~

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Merenge_5

Hi I found it on japaneseguy's clubbox but I can't download it... :crazy: I don't know why!At jem's clubbox I can't download it either but another file like for expamle Attention Please downloads without problem...so I don't know what I could do :tears: ?! Does anybody know what I could do?!

i think all of us will always remember meteor garden..it just has this "something" that you can't explain that no matterhow simpe the story might seem or even you've watched a drama with almost the same plot...MG is just diferent..plus the four gorgeous guys that you just can't help but noticing :D

Guest Pegasus

i think all of us will always remember meteor garden..it just has this "something" that you can't explain that no matterhow simpe the story might seem or even you've watched a drama with almost the same plot...MG is just diferent..plus the four gorgeous guys that you just can't help but noticing :D

Wow... nice quote. Totally agree. And your last sentence starting from ...plus the ..... explains why I'm watching this again. :P

Hey Pegasus! heheeh your avatar always catches my eye. You have the episodes?? Is it on DVD or is it downloaded from a site? Does anyone know where to download `em? >_____< I watched the Vietdubbed version and *thought* I understood everything but after reading the summaries I'm just like .______." Ok I need English subtitles cause my Viet sucks <______<

Anyway I saw a bit of the Japanese Version.. the guys aren't as cute :X Which one was made first? The TWdrama or the Japanese one?

Guest ripgal

^ there was a japanese movie version of MG back in 1995...

then came the taiwanese version which brought up the F4 craze..

the Japanese version HYD only came out in 2005.. so it's quite new..

^ there was a japanese movie version of MG back in 1995...

then came the taiwanese version which brought up the F4 craze..

the Japanese version HYD only came out in 2005.. so it's quite new..

there wasa Jap version before?!

i only know about the anime one...

Guest Pegasus

Hey Pegasus! heheeh your avatar always catches my eye. You have the episodes?? Is it on DVD or is it downloaded from a site? Does anyone know where to download `em? >_____< I watched the Vietdubbed version and *thought* I understood everything but after reading the summaries I'm just like .______." Ok I need English subtitles cause my Viet sucks <______<

Hi Loop :D Last time I've got the drama VCD. Lend it to someone, and that someone lend it to someone and so on (kind of cable thing), .... it became LOST. In the name of friendship, I'm kind of forgive and forget. :tears:

Well you can get the episodes from Nay site at silentregrets.com and they are on direct downld links via MegaUp. You'll definitely enjoy that site ;)

there wasa Jap version before?!

i only know about the anime one...

Yup. It was Hana Yori Dango or HYD. There Matsumoto Jun in it, if you are a fan of him ;)

Japanese version is short. They kind of following the manga, but Taiwan is a little bit longer, they apply some family and friendship drama into it, making it more interesting,.... well, sometimes, I say sometimes, a little drag too :rolleyes:

Yup. It was Hana Yori Dango or HYD. There Matsumoto Jun in it, if you are a fan of him ;)

Japanese version is shor. They kind of following the manga, but Taiwan is alittle bit longer, they apply some family and friendship drama into it, making it more interesting,.... well, sometimes, I say sometimes a little drag too :rolleyes:

oh..i never knew that...all i know is that they'll just be doing(or is it done already?) a jap version..i just love how the showed the friendship of the characters but i admire the real friendship between the people behind the characters even more :)

Guest Pegasus

oh..i never knew that...all i know is that they'll just be doing(or is it done already?) a jap version..i just love how the showed the friendship of the characters but i admire the real friendship between the people behind the characters even more :)

Yeah, they tend to make the dramas from all the manga they have. First anime then comes movie/drama. Taiwan idol drama also mostly from manga. Though some might not agree that too many Taiwan drama to be taken from Japanese manga, but some drama really shows that the make are really great one, maybe surpass the manga itself. And MG is nearly almost to it. Jerry and Barbie really shows perfect match in here (though they have problems towards each other outside set) :P And the story lives in our mind and heart. :)

Guest rockstaridol

hey mg2 wasnt that bad. yeah kinda long but i still kinda liked it. it made me really cry when sancai was really hurt when asi couldnt remember him

yeah it would be great if there are MU downloads for this with subs! i so miss this series!

Guest heygingersnap

i'm starting to watch hana yori dango (i'm only on the first ep), but can anyone tell me how meteor garden is any different other than it's taiwanese?...

Guest Pegasus

i'm starting to watch hana yori dango (i'm only on the first ep), but can anyone tell me how meteor garden is any different other than it's taiwanese?...

Hi Ginger :)

I saw you in HYD thread too.

Answer, lots of difference. Even though the main plot stick to the manga, Taiwan version make it longer than Japanese version. Japnanese, seems to be strictly following the manga (have you read one?) While Taiwanese drama adds the strong emotions of friendship and family. Making it more longer, but still have the loving and heart warming quality. Both are very interesting drama to watch.. Have sometime to watch both and judge yourself. If you read throgh the thread, you will also learned a lot about other feelings towards the drama. Have fun ;)

PEGASUS!! I love you!! ^_____^ SilentRegrets finally has the downloads! I am SO happy :]!!!!!!!!! Thanks. I'm downloading it to my brother's computer right now (mine is broken :( ) I'm hiding it in hidden folders so he won't find out :ph34r: He's hecka gonna be like :huh: All the space in my computer is gone and he will never know why AHAHAHAAH XDDDDD

I only watched a part of HYD, it felt weird watching it, cause I was basically thinking 'ahhhhhh that dude is playing Jerry's part!' I'll give it a try again one day though.. I prefer MG better even if the acting isn't all that great :] (hotter guy too hehe)

Guest Pegasus

PEGASUS!! I love you!! ^_____^ SilentRegrets finally has the downloads! I am SO happy :]!!!!!!!!! Thanks. I'm downloading it to my brother's computer right now (mine is broken :( ) I'm hiding it in hidden folders so he won't find out :ph34r: He's hecka gonna be like :huh: All the space in my computer is gone and he will never know why AHAHAHAAH XDDDDD

I only watched a part of HYD, it felt weird watching it, cause I was basically thinking 'ahhhhhh that dude is playing Jerry's part!' I'll give it a try again one day though.. I prefer MG better even if the acting isn't all that great :] (hotter guy too hehe)

Hehehehe.... your love is accepted... :P Told you, you'll definitely love the site.

Sorry to hear that your computer broke down. You must been doing downloading and burning a lottt!!! :P

Hope you wont break your brothers' then. Are you sure your brother won't open the hidden files. You might want to watch it with your brother. This drama is fun watching with your friend and family. I watched it with my sisters and we have our own idol from the drama. As for me, of course, Zai Zai 4ever. :sweatingbullets:

HYD is very good though. Strange I love the same role Zai Zai play in MG. In HYD it was Oguri Shun for the role of Rui. He's really cute. HYD is good, give it a try. The drama is so compact, you won't realize its over. ;)

Guest ripgal

so how is it different from ur view? since u have seen the 1st ep already..;)

i thought it was similar.. it's juz that the guys look totally different.. haha.. and the plot of the taiwanese version was more interesting.. i think HYD didn't really develop or stress on the development of the romance between the guy and the gurl.. MG was more elaborative on the feelings and acting.. it's juz my opinion.. cos some ppl prefer the japanese version..

the only thing i liked about HYD was that RUI was DAYM hott!!!! liked him more than zai zai as Rui.. hehehe.. the others are ok. Matsumoto Jun's cute but not that appealing to me..Jerry's more of a HOT one!! hehe..

I watched the japanese live action and i've seen meteor garden too. To be honest i think the jap LA kicks richard simmons. I found that the acting in the jap was waaaay better than the taiwanese. I think the taiwanese was a big hype because of F4 -____- Although the character of tsukushi was better portrayed than the jap version.

Guest Lets_Be

does anyone know where i can get the hardsubs for meteor garden??? also does anyone know how many episodes it has?

Guest TrainDriver

the japanese version has better acting because when f4 did MG, they actually hadn't had any training.

Guest h0ney

it would have been such a memorable big hit... if only they didnt shoot a second one..

there was NO POINT!

omg.. things just pop up outta no wea in dat one... they had to cause trouble. coz everything was resolved newais!

-_-"

buh yeah.. the first one made me went crazy!

improved mah chinese HEAPS too..

was never into chinese music and stuff before MG

Archived