[Taiwanese Drama 2015] Bitter Sweet 軍官‧情人

Admin

Just finished ep29. Gosh,we were right! The plot for SH and AMX (AI mei xin , convenience van girl) being OTP is slowly developing. Actually, I am really confused on why is AMX not being able to enter military school? She seems really active and fit. Was the reason ever mentioned in the earlier episodes? I think not right..? Would be hell of a hassle to scroll back all the EP just to review. I rmbr she just said she got rejected and appeared dismayed when probe more upon. Is it a health reason or..?

IIRC, she mentioned that her father wouldn't allow her to enlist.  I'm not too far from the beginning so maybe I'll try and scroll back to see what it was exactly she said when the F4 asked her about it the first time.  But I've always suspected that there's more to her story, especially after that one scene where she meets up with the F4 before they leave for their new posts.  I forget what it was exactly that was said, but I remember her body language.  She kind of shifted and looked away.  It made me think that she wasn't being entirely forthcoming in her response, so I suspected that there was more that she wasn't saying.  It's good to see their story picking up though, as maybe we'll now get to unravel the mystery that is AMX.  I'm also curious still to know how she knows An Jie.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Found it. Episode 12, AMX mentioned that her dream was to join the military and become an officer, but her father wouldn't give his consent. She also had flat feet so she didn't get through the physical examination and had to give up. 

In Episode 18, Hao also asked her why she didn't just apply to the Military Police Academy. She never answered the question and instead, sort of looked away. After the two other guys kept going on about how she should definitely apply, she used that opportunity to make her excuses and leave. Her failure to answer the question seemed deliberate, and combined with the looking away, that made me think there was more to her story. 

Found it. Episode 12, AMX mentioned that her dream was to join the military and become an officer, but her father wouldn't give his consent. She also had flat feet so she didn't get through the physical examination and had to give up. 

In Episode 18, Hao also asked her why she didn't just apply to the Military Police Academy. She never answered the question and instead, sort of looked away. After the two other guys kept going on about how she should definitely apply, she used that opportunity to make her excuses and leave. Her failure to answer the question seemed deliberate, and combined with the looking away, that made me think there was more to her story. 

Thank you so much fod scrolling back. I am too far away and couldnt rmbr which ep it was.Yay, so at least now we know. Dad's objection and flat feet is the reason. 

Just ended work now. Cant wait to go back and watch the latest EP. Father decided to ask empress to tag along to unravel granny constant dissapearance 

Hello hello I have been tuning in since ep 1 and I always love these daily dramas (I loveeddddd dear mum hehe YiFei fighting! Hehe) coz there is not just the love story but I also love watching the interactions between the family members sadly though, for this drama I am only watching the love story bits due to lack of time :( 

at first I followed the second sister's storyline but then switched to shang mo coz I disliked the idea of a love triangle and am always looking forward to watching a more pure and fairytale-like romance >< so yup now at ep 31 and I am loving all the innocence and cuteness that an jie and shang mo are bringing ... cant wait for them to become a couple! Anyone else on this ship ? Hehe 

Side note: I think the actress playing shang mo is really pretty hope she gets more roles in the future :) 

at first I followed the second sister's storyline but then switched to shang mo coz I disliked the idea of a love triangle and am always looking forward to watching a more pure and fairytale-like romance >< so yup now at ep 31 and I am loving all the innocence and cuteness that an jie and shang mo are bringing ... cant wait for them to become a couple! Anyone else on this ship ? Hehe 

Welcome!  It's always nice to see another name around these parts.

An Jie and Shang Mo are cute, but don't you think there's potential for a love triangle with her too because of Zhi Xiang????  Although I have strong feelings about who Huan should end up with, I feel conflicted over An Jie and Zhi Xiang.  I like them both, and as I like Shang Mo as well, I just want them all to be happy -- however that all shakes out.  :)

Just ended work now. Cant wait to go back and watch the latest EP. Father decided to ask empress to tag along to unravel granny constant dissapearance 

I'm so jealous of where you're at in the story.  I just saw the previews that follow ep 31, and OMG!  It's the moment we've been waiting for.

Whoa, just caught up with the show, was really busy at work. Ep 33 is just so so so dazzling!!! Secrets are revealed. Yes, finally huan let yu fan got caught up with wen. Do not miss the first 15 mins!! But what was more shocking definitely belonged to Granny!! 

Granny used to be a general, back when she was active in service. She used to work in the military intelligence formation! Father is only of colonel rank in the military police formation but granny outranked him. In order to attain a rank of general is really really difficult. One has to be really outstanding and undergo intensive and really hardcore background checks to be in the intelligence formation. No wonder father always says that Granny is the highest ranking officer in the household. (pun intended) Granny wants to keep it a secret as shes afraid the kids might get wary of her when they are already so afraid of a colonel daddy!

Whoa, just caught up with the show, was really busy at work. Ep 33 is just so so so dazzling!!! Secrets are revealed. Yes, finally huan let yu fan got caught up with wen. Do not miss the first 15 mins!! But what was more shocking definitely belonged to Granny!! 

Hidden Content

That's awesome!  That's what I love about this drama so much. All the characters and all their story lines are just so interesting!!! 

Hidden Content

Please, please... if you happen to watch today's episode (34), can you tell me what hapepned between Huan and YF?

I'm so heartbroken because Huan lefft her hosuse to live with her aunt, and YF doesn't seem to care too much about her. But after Xiao Ho visits him, YF goes to talk with the father. But I don't know what they talk about, AAAARGH!!! It's so frustrating, and nobody is posting comments in sugoi dramas :tears:

Hidden Content

Please, please... if you happen to watch today's episode (34), can you tell me what hapepned between Huan and YF?

Hidden Content

Haha, hold on! I am watching episode 34 now. Will update it for you under the spoiler tag.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Haha, hold on! I am watching episode 34 now. Will update it for you under the spoiler tag.

Thank you!!! :wub:

@solucu

Hi there! Let me start from SH.. SH gets really worked up after he knows that the main guy who caused his 2 beloved sister to fall out is YF. 

He approaches YF back in camp. An ugly confrontation starts to begin. In military around the world, soldiers are taught basic self defense course during their active stint. 

YF tells off SH to know his placing in a military establishment and asks him to keep his cool and if he ever wants to vent out his personal anger. Do it through another channel where it is legal. If not military punishment would be meted out.

Do note that during their self defense course whereby they are taught to inflict physical damage to their enemies in times of barehand conflicts it is very unusual for a trainee to pair up with an officer. 

SH requested to pair up with his commanding officer whom is YF and than proceeds to exert more than enough strength during practice. This unusal practice catches the attention of everybody and YF is very nice here. He knows its on purpose but commends SH instead saying he's happy that trainees are trying their best. 

Do note SH gets too aggressive and let his emotions to get the better half of him and attempts to attack YF but got pulled back. This silly act of his is enough to detain him in detention barracks. Back than when I was serving, even not greeting an officer would have crazy punishment. Morever attempt to assault an officer is very serious. 

The scene cuts to YF chatting with Father. He apologised to father that things have turned out to be like this and told him the whole story since start. Father says he knows YF personality and character and does not blame him. Father thinks that YF is not at fault since the start as he don't even know that the 2 girls are related and it happened at a different time line as well. What he wants from YF is not to contact the second sister if it is pureply out of sympathy only. He does not wants huan to get hurt. 

He wants YF not to be mushy about things and a man should be crystal clear cut about his thoughts and actions. YF responded that he had made up his mind before coming to visit father and he hopes to be true to her. Father than prompts which her? YF says his heart is clear now that he wishes to have huan and cherish her. 

Father jokes with YF saying that what age are we at already? Who still asks the father for permission only for dating ?! YF  thanks father for being understanding and says he knows what to do. 

Do note YF always address father as COMMANDING OFFICER. Not uncle or other salutations. This shows how much respect he still has for father. 

Father ended the convo with this phrase. " i have always protected my huan as she is my precious, fragile baby. I may be a commanding officer at the frontline to you. I  am a commanding officer but also always a father in front of my appointment "

This is one of that #swag moment of father again. A simple phrase but strong enough to warn YF that yes he thanks him for the respect given. But if huan gets hurt in anyway he will be there to protect her. As he had always placed himself as a father before anything.

Sorry for the late update. I had some work to do..

@doctor23b, I totally agree.  That was an awesome moment for the dad.  I loved his conversation with YF, and I'm glad YF has finally thought things through. But methinks he has an uphill battle getting back through to Huan, especially now that she's finally discovered how Pig Head truly feels about her. 

[Um, yeah, given state of current affairs, I couldn't resist and have given up all pretenses of "just skimming" the current episodes.  Now I'm totally watching them too.  Still watching with subs too.  Just watching both raw and delayed subbed episodes each night.  :P]

Haha it would be a waste to skim all these episodes. Every episode is great! Enjoy it while we still can. If this show has 80 episodes it would mean another 50 more. That's just less than 3 months and we are done hahha. Enjoy it while we can. 

@themarchioness Haha, I alwyas remember what you stated here before. The starting and ending songs credits always show the OTP of the show and the Chinese meaning of this show is army officer lover. So it makes more sense that YF and huan are together. 

But I really hope pighead and huan can be together. I prefer them more. Haha. Plus he is so richhhh. 

So this awkard triangle is brought to us already. I guess next best thing is AJ and SM love linee. 

So among the 3 sisters only 1 would end up with someone from the army?

Haha it would be a waste to skim all these episodes. Every episode is great! Enjoy it while we still can. If this show has 80 episodes it would mean another 50 more. That's just less than 3 months and we are done hahha. Enjoy it while we can. 

@themarchioness Haha, I alwyas remember what you stated here before. The starting and ending songs credits always show the OTP of the show and the Chinese meaning of this show is army officer lover. So it makes more sense that YF and huan are together. 

But I really hope pighead and huan can be together. I prefer them more. Haha. Plus he is so richhhh. 

So this awkard triangle is brought to us already. I guess next best thing is AJ and SM love linee. 

So among the 3 sisters only 1 would end up with someone from the army?

I half fear the end of this drama and half look forward to it . . . meaning, I look forward to it only to the extent that it'll stop serving as a distraction in my daily life.  It's so hard concentrating at work when all I can think about it is this drama.  :P

I haven't been wrong in my predictions thus far, and I still think the end credits are a give away, so I'm pretty certain Huan and Yu Fan will end up together, but I don't dare get ALL my hopes up either (just in case) so I am bracing myself for the small possibility that she'll end up with Pig Head.  Having said that, I've totally analyzed the opening credits as well and when she waves to the two guys, it looks like she's waving specifically towards Yu Fang.  Since that's where her attention is focused, I think the opening credit also hints at her being with Yu Fang.

I know you're a Pig Head/Huan shipper and after watching the current episodes, I have to admit, I can understand why.  For me though, he still seems like the Daddy Long Legs type character that you often see in Korean dramas.  They exist to help the heroine, especially when she's having a rough time, and particularly when she's being pained by the hero of the drama . . . Buuuuut . . . they never get the girl.  Sorry!

I'm kind of glad they're bringing the love triangle to a close already.  It allows time for them to sort out their relationship and hopefully we'll even get to see them in a relationship through the remainder of the drama.  Kind of like in "Dear Mom" where once Yi Wan and Xiao Fei's relationship got sorted, we got to see them marry and start a life together.  I'm not saying that we should see Huan and Yu Fan get married (although I wouldn't complain if they did); rather, I'd be sufficiently happy if we got to see them at least dating and in a serious relationship while the other Wang siblings got their lives sorted out. 

Momo and her love line is definitely the next one that I'm most interested in after Huan's. 

And you're right, I guess only Huan will end up with someone in the army.  Unless Mo ends up with Zhi Xiang who decides to make the military a career.  Speaking of which, I've been wondering if Hao will end up changing his mind and decide to follow his dad's path after all.  Do you have any thoughts on that?

I forgot to mention one more thing.  I watched Episode 26 with subs today and there was a scene (continued from Episode 25) where Wang Daddy and Wen were talking, and he mentions she's turning 30 and should find a man to settle down with.  He says he trusts her judgment completely and doesn't worry about the kind of man he'll bring home, unlike Huan whose judgment he doesn't trust at all given the men she's shown interest in previously. 

I found that conversation interesting because always (and as Huan always complains about) Wen is seen as the dependable, cool-headed, and logical daughter whereas Huan is the more emotional one, the one more obsessed with appearances and whatnot.  Yet, Huan is the one who's fallen in love with Yu Fan, a man Wang Daddy already likes and admires, and Wen . . . well, I foresee a battle of persuasion there.  Not only is the Vice Director someone who's betrayed her once before but now he also has a daughter.  My prediction is that Wang Daddy's not going to be very pleased.  :P

@themarchioness 

Yeap you are right I guess. Huan is most likely to be with YF. Poor pighead. From a guys perspective I think pighead deserves huan more. He treats her like his queen. 

I am on team piggyhuan! But than again will mo end up with zhixiang? Both an jie and zhi xiang seems good with momo. I guess momo appears shy towards zhixiang ?? I sense her shyness when she is with zx.

I think that zhixiang and shanghao might sign on with the army. Notice a few recent episodes they were debating about how tough life is confined inside camp. Out only on weekends. I've been there done that and I hate it as well. Shang hao says he only wants to be a normal guy serving his conscript and leave the army. Zhixiang rebuttes that it's always those who wants to leave the most ends up making a career out of it. This is very true.

I almost pened my signature on the line as the commaraide among peers and everyone else makes you want to stay on. But I decided I have to leave go further my education hahaha. They even wanted to sponsor my degree. I think shanghao will get into officer school after he sorts out his thoughts and matures and maybe even based on YF recommendation on his good records. There's a saying an army career runs for 3 generation. His grandmother a general, father a colonel. He might even be a great officer material.

Zhixiang might sign on as his family financial situation isn't that good. An army career proves to be stable and has great benefits. 

Do note, any show which involves a nation military would definately need the approval of ministry of defense. Taiwan's current conscription situation isn't that cool. The younger generation sees no need to serve. They want an all volunteer force.( career soliders ) conscription had been reduced from a year to 4 months.

So I think there would be an underlying meaning in this show. Hoping to influence the 8pm audience ( mostly teens and families ) to agree that the army is great and career with them isnt that bad.

Do note that army themed shows are the hardest to make. Producers got to agree and liase with govt officials on how would the army be portrayed. This is a huge budget show and has about 70+ EP. It's influence is definately there to stay.

Proud to serve!

I'm behind on this one, at around ep24++ but I also prefer pighead over Xiu Jie Kai's character (his character is just UGH!!), there's a difference between being gentle and indecisive, as in since he had no feelings for SH, he should cut ties cleanly and not dilly dally because he's scared of hurting her if he's too honest, because it actually hurts her more. Anyways, his character frustrates the heck out of me. I'm hoping he'll end up alone, hahaha (as mean as I sound), I love XJK's character in other TV channels for the characters he play in SETTV dramas are just SO DAMN BORING. I know they're trying to typecast him as "warm guy" but his SETTV characters are so flat. So far, I'm not feeling the loveline of the 2 older sisters, the family parts, MM, Zhi Xiang and Shang Hao are much more enjoyable to watch.

Recent episodes have been getting a lot of criticisms (starting from ep30+), especially SH's and CEO's character setting and they're all waiting for MM's love triangle to balance the frustration. I guess I'll be waiting for this to finish and see how the review goes. I couldn't finish Dear Mom (which I loved in the beginning but lost interest and got frustrated midway through) and also most of SETTV daily dramas except for Fabulous 30 (which stayed awesome throughout). I'm also not feeling much for this drama except for a few characters (MM, ZX, daddy Wang), but not enough motivation to keep me watching. I probably had higher expectations for this since I like the cast.

Guest novisad199506

There was a scene with An Jie, Momo, Dad and Grandma in episode 32.

@doctor23 Could you tell me what were they talking about in that scene (if you still remember)?

Archived