Bae Yong Joon 배용준

Admin

Guest frances

From Daum.net

BYJ wins 'Young Artist of Today Award' for film section

[Yonhap News]10/13/05 13:12

Since 1993, the Ministry of Culture has chosen young artists in their 20~30th with promising future in each field and awarded 'Young Artist of Today Award'.

so happy for Yong Joon !! :):)

I'm so happy when I read this in Quilt so I'm sharing this here :D

Mariko wrote ~

2 Million People watched April Snow in Japan!

This is posted by momojoon in JOB.

I received a copy of the evening editon of the yomuiri shinbun (newspaper). The movie advertisement of April Snow show in bold letters "AS marked 2 Million Viewers". It breaks the existing record for Korean Films shown in Japan!

Hurray! Japan Family Fighting!

Guest frances

Mariko wrote ~

I received a copy of the evening editon of the yomuiri shinbun (newspaper). The movie advertisement of April Snow show in bold letters "AS marked 2 Million Viewers". It breaks the existing record for Korean Films shown in Japan!

GREAT NEWS !!!! hurray for Japan Family and thanks to all Japanese movie fans who love a good film !!! how about wishing if AS could break the record of the highest grossing foreign film in Japan ?? fighting !!!!

Mariko wrote ~

Wow!...another piece of good news!.... :D

Guest frances

April Snow Review from funkygrad.com (singapore)

4 kernels out of 5 :)

April Snow – Love comes, unexpected

by Shermeen Tan, SMU and Finex Lee, NTU

Things in life never come close within expectations.

An accident, a pair of adulterous lovers and a quiet seaside location. One will never imagine how these insignificant details can interweave conspicuously to conjure a melodramatic sequence where love, with all its divinity, had fallen into the clutches of lust and sinful desires.

In-su (Bae Yong-Joon), a self-made concert lighting director, discovered a dark secret about his spouse Su-jin. The planned company business trip to Samchok, a south-eastern shore city in Korea, was nothing more than a lie to meet up her varsity sweetheart Kyung-ho. Coincidentally, Kyung-ho's wife Seoyoung (Son Ye-Jin) was also thrown into shackles of depression when she managed to retrieve arresting images of her husband and Su-jin from a chic digicam.

Life came to a standstill. The two protagonists, In-su (Bae Yong-Joon) and Seoyoung (Son Ye-Jin) were at their crossroads of love when they have to decide whether to continue loving somebody whom had betrayed their trust. The movie was transformed into a reflective prose for these two strangers where they start to question these bizarre occurrences of things. The tragedy of sorts had defied all conventional thoughts on marriage. It is no longer just good enough to be faithful as a committed husband or a faithful housewife when love grows stale and cold in the drudgery of life. Losing the 'touch' can spell imminent emotional disaster as the crevices of love need to be mended somehow.

Director Hur Jin-ho, a perfectionist and talented story teller, spun a gripping depth of emotion in this film. There are no scenes of furious yelling, shattering vases or terrorizing violence. Instead, the quiet exchange of glances or caesuras in slow conversations could have possibly drawn more audience closer to the theme of lost love. This is so because we are so convinced that this is how we would deal with the problem in the face of a busy, empty lifestyle; often plagued with sleepless nights and pointless anxiety.

In some ways or another, Bae Yong-Joon and Son Ye-Jin made these moments come true. They are always placed on a journey. In-su (Bae Yong-Joon), a typical workaholic, was always traveling in and out of town to find some comfort from his job. Seoyoung (Son Ye-Jin) was in her own world of delusions, getting occupied with mediocre chores. These deliberate outward maneuvers deeply reflect our fallible human nature - a resignation to the impending grief that was to come… .

Adopting the melodramatic Korean drama formulae, the director delivered his final blow when In-su (Bae Yong-Joon) and Seoyoung (Son Ye-Jin) fell in love in these trying moments. Torn between guilt and new found happiness, the thespians lost their moral compass of what's right and wrong in this seemingly hopeless relationship.

So, will there be a miracle? What could be the ending? Perhaps the movie title April Snow can provide some clues for you. If you are curious to find out, it is time to make your way to the cinema.

Funkygrad attended the April Snow's 'Charity Gala Premiere' in aid of the Singapore Breast Cancer Foundation. Singaporeans, local fans and celebrities were present at the event.

http://www.funkygrad.com/lifestyle/display...&subcat=popcorn

Mariko wrote ~

So happy and delighted to read the news...

Our BYJ must be ecstatic

Aja aja fighting Japan family

Guest chiligoyo

U're the best in doing screen caps, Caroline dear~!! Hehe~

Though u can sense a bit of distance between them then, but wow, fate brought them back to work together on a bigger project~

Thanks chili .... :D

Ye Jin and Yong Joon....

lg6co.jpg

lg19aq.jpg

lg24bo.jpg

From Sportainment home

Translated and posted by Joanne in BYJ's Quilt

Buddhist priest Samjoong doing clemency movement for death-row convicts,

BYJ is a warm-hearted person”

[sportainment]10/13/05 11:34

Personalities of stars are always topic of talks for general public. While people want stars to be human beings like them, they expect them to possess personality no others have. BYJ, the top star in Asia, thus (about whom) there are more curious things despite the fact that many things are known, might be one of stars who stimulate such interest from the public. A while ago, Buddhist priest Samjoong, famous for clemency activity for the death-row convicts, has introduced a story linked to ‘person’ BYJ, which many people are curious about that much.

Before the story, it seems to be necessary to explain about Buddhist priest Samjoong. Buddhist priest Samjoong is the head priest at the Jabi(Benevolence) Temple in Pusan and is famous for energetic social activities including clemency movement for the death-row convicts from over 30 years ago. The enshrinement of ‘Ear Tombs’ in Japan into Korea and release of Mr Kim Heero, who became a model for the film ‘Kim’s War’, after negotiation with the Japanese government remain the representative episodes of Buddhist priest Samjoong.

Then, what kind of story would this Buddhist priest who works hard in social activities, has with BYJ. Moreover, it is that BYJ is a Catholic. The story begins with a photograph handed to me. On this BYJ’s photo, following phrase is written with personal autograph.

’I congratulate on 10th anniversary of erecting Nirvana Statue of the Buddha in Namjangwon.’

The Namjangwon is an old Buddhist temple in Fu kuoka in Japan and coming 14 is a 10th anniversary of erecting Nirvana Statue in this temple. The Namjangwon in Japan and Jabi Temple where the Buddhist priest Samjoong is the head priest are connected as sisters (temples). The Namjangwon, while in agony to hold a special event on the 10th anniversary of the erecting the Nirvana Statue, came to think of BYJ’s congratulatory message, and asked this to Buddhist priest Samjoong . However, it was a very perplexing thing for Buddhist priest Samjoong who have not even met BYJ. While agonizing over it, Buddhist priest Samjoong asked the message to BYJ’s management agency through a person close to him and heard the answer, “Please wait for now”.

The word ‘wait’ is used a lot as a detouring expression of the word ‘no’. Buddhist priest Samjoong had almost given up receiving message, thinking that it might be unreasonable to ask BYJ, a Catholic, a congratulatory message of the Buddhism event, and thinking also that it might be impossible to accept his request as he never met him. Then, on that day, one day before BYJ was to leave country for US, a photo with congratulatory message written on it flew in from BYJ’s agency. It is because BYJ, upon hearing the circumstances, delightfully allowed it.

Buddhist priest Samjoong , having received the congratulatory message, could not sleep well because of fluttering of heart. Although one might wonder if this event is such a great one for the man of religion who has done bigger things, Buddhist priest Samjoong told that it was not an easy thing for a man, who were to leave country for US on next day, would leave congratulatory message personally sparing time on purpose for the event of religion which was different for his. While saying that he repeatedly assured that “Present popularity of BYJ stems from his warm heart. His popularity will stay in Asia for a long time for a quite while.”

Come to think of it, I can understand what Buddhist priest Samjoong is saying. At present BYJ is the top star among top stars who calls in great many crowd everywhere he goes and whose autograph is sold at unimaginable price a piece. Each and every one of his conducts are reported in newspaper in a flash, and they are always ready to blame him. With that, would it be easy to spare time for a Buddhist priest, who he has never met and for a religious event?

As it was found out, Buddhist priest Samjoong and BYJ were not in relationship who do not know each other at all. Buddhist priest Samjoong appeared many times in broadcasting programs that introduce episodes of death-row convicts thinking that they might be helpful for his clemency movement for the death-row convicts, and he made connection with Kim Sooyoung PD. And then, Kim PD was in relation with BYJ, calling each other older brother & younger brother. Kim PD told BYJ about Buddhist priest Samjoong and his social activities several times and because of that BYJ got to know about Buddhist priest Samjoong . Although there is no way to confirm with BYJ who is in US, I wonder if he left congratulatory message personally with his own hand writing from heart desiring to help Buddhist priest Samjoong, whom he got to know like that. Even if it was not the case, his action of congratulating a religious event seems to be clear to become a motive for a Buddhist priest to confirm the personality of that star. I wish BYJ to make place as ‘the warm-hearted Asian top star’ as told by Buddhist priest Samjoong.

Reported by Ahn Seongji

Copyright © Sportainment

http://www.isportainment.com/news/051013/704_235800_sign.jpg

Guest frances

latest on the sportschosun poll for the favorite film actor (male/female) voted by korean netizens. this poll was featured in a chosun news report a couple of days ago..

as of 13 October 2005 ~

For the month of Oct (ongoing)

1 배용준 30.1% 1008368명 - Bae Yong Joon

2 장동건 22.9% 766258명 - Jang Dong Gun

3 최민수 13.3% 446804명 - Choi Min Soo (Sandglass)

4 이미연 6.2% 209097명 - Lee Mi Yeon (Addicted)

5 안성기 4.9% 163790명 - Ahn Seong Gi (Nowhere to Hide)

6 김하늘 4.6% 153813명 - Kim Ha Neul (My Tutor Friend)

7 한석규 4.3% 144911명 - Han Suk Kyu (The President's Last Bang)

8 설경구 3.3% 110849명 - Sul Kyoung Gu (Public Enemy)

9 원빈 3.2% 106058명 - Won Bin ( Taegukgi)

10 송강호 2.6% 87298명 - Song Gang Ho (Antarctic Journal)

for Sept (Closed) ~

1 배용준 23.8% 1546935명 - Bae Yong Joon

2 원빈 17.3% 1126590명 - Won Bin

3 장동건 10.6% 689327명 - Jang Dong Gun

4 최민식 6.6% 426814명 - Choi Min Sik (Old Boy)

5 김하늘 5% 322826명 - Kim Ha Neul

6 하지원 4.4% 287160명 - Ha Ji Won (Duelist)

7 안성기 4.3% 282282명 - Ahn Seong Gi

8 송강호 3.9% 256975명 - Song Gang Ho

9 설경구 3.7% 244129명 - Sul Kyoung Gu

10 이미연 3.6% 233143명 - Lee Mi Yeon

Guest frances

:D:D hey chili, that's a very happy pic of the joonsfamily ladies...

& yong joon looks happy too ;) or whatever he's doing w/ his hand ... :P

stylebyj7zx.jpg

Thanx tiffany for giving us slight insights to the 8days mag... this week for sure i'm not going to buy the 8days... wat for buy them then getting angry and annoyed at the article coz i'm sure that they are not telling the full truth abt AS... oh and thanx chiligoyo for the huge pics of him in the previous page :D hehehe... i'm going to catch AS tml :P heheheh... i'm so excited....

oh and i almost forgot... the reviews in the i-mag of AS is not good as well... maybe coz my chinese isn't that fantastic such that i can read more deeply into wat the writer says but in my opinion it is not as bad as the 8days version... but 3 out of 5 stars is given to AS and that 3 stars mean that the story line is very ordinary nothing really special... they also did critic on BYJ's acting, that there is too much action(i tink the writer means so...hehe) and not really natural. But they did praise son yejin's acting though.

Guest chiligoyo

Hihi Gina,

U're from SG right? Are u going for the bunggae on Sat night with joonsfamily? :)

Thanx tiffany for giving us slight insights to the 8days mag... this week for sure i'm not going to buy the 8days... wat for buy them then getting angry and annoyed at the article coz i'm sure that they are not telling the full truth abt AS... oh and thanx chiligoyo for the huge pics of him in the previous page :D hehehe... i'm going to catch AS tml :P heheheh... i'm so excited....

Yong Joon in Taster's Choice's

yutan888-img450x600-1127398558dscn0182.jpg

:wub:

Guest frances

ok, this is off topic....but yong joon is still in the pics :)

Ye Jin and Lee Yeong Ae ( YJ's lead lady in Papa) seem to have the same style of dress ;)

7.jpg20051010182006.278.0.jpg

6.jpg

Kwon Ohkyeong posted this on the Talk Box of BYJ's home.

Translated and posted by Joanne in BYJ's Quilt

BYJ "Thanks for the meaningful award", sent message from the US on winning

[star News]10/13/05 16:51

2005101316475739805_1.jpg

"2005 Young Artist of Today Award' chosen by the Ministry of Culture and Tourism

'Yon-sama' BYJ, who was chosen as a winner of the '2004 Young Artist of Today Award' by the Ministry of Culture and Tourism, expressed his mind of appreciation.

BYJ, presently on a visit to US for shooting a CF of a foreign company delivered his thought by calling his agency BOF from US locale after he heard the news of getting selected as a winner of the award in the afternoon on 13.

BYJ revealed his thoughts as "I really thank you from the bottom of my heart as you gave me this profoundly meaningful award even though I still have many deficient aspects. In the future also, I will put efforts with all the best in a given duty as an actor ."

On the other hand, it is expected to be difficult for BYJ to attend the award ceremony which will be held at the Sanctuary of Korean Sound Culture in Jeonju City at 3 PM on 15. Regarding that, BYJ's agency BOF revealed that "He cannot attend the award ceremony on 15 as his returning schedule does not fit."

......Omit (list of winners-see a new posted below)..........문화광광부가 선정한 '2005 오늘의 젊은 예술가상'에는 배용준을 비롯해 소설가 김연수(본명 김영수), 현대미술가 조습(본명 조병철), 성악가 한명원, 국악인 이용탁, 연출가 이해제(본명 이영호), 발레리노 황재원, 재즈가수 나윤선 등 7명이 수상자로 선정됐다.

Reported by Lee Gyuchang,ryan@mtstarnews.com,star@mtstarnews.com

Copyright ⓒ Money Today Star News

Guest frances

BYJ "Thanks for the meaningful award", sent message from the US on winning

BYJ, presently on a visit to US for shooting a CF of a foreign company delivered his thought by calling his agency BOF from US locale after he heard the news of getting selected as a winner of the award in the afternoon on 13.

thanks Liezle for reposting this news article....yong joon deserves it.

and i'm really very curious what is this CF for a foreign company :huh:

hi chiligoyo, ya i'm from s'pore but i'm not going for the bungae on sat... i'll not going for the bungaes coz dun have that much pocket money from my parents and i wanna watch the movie at least twice... :D

Frances i also took note the same style of dress that lee youngae and son yejin have earlier on... :) heheh if i'm not wrong i tink that dress that lee youngae is from LV but i'm not too sure coz it was some time ago that an article regarding lee youngae's outfit when she was in HK...