Bae Yong Joon 배용준

Admin

Guest frances

[Trans: book] What type of person does Bae Yong Joon like ?

post411229820140oa.jpg

Excerpt from 「100 days of BAE YONG JOON」by JP

translated into Korean by anemone

translated into English by soil/water

posted in Quilt freeboard

[ Im Jongpil (29) is a personal trainer who has trained numerous entertainers to become 'mom jjang'(super bodies). People in health and entertainment industry call him 'JP'. Entertainers who he instructed comprised of Kwon Sangwoo, Bi, Cha Inpyo, Fly to the Sky aside from BYJ].

JP talks about what type of person Bae Yongjoon likes

I am not merely a weight trainer to him.

I am also a cook, who makes special diet food for him,

a nutritionist who advises him of everyday meals,

and a living-planner who designs

his diet menu effectively and exercise schedules, as well.

Those several roles are the ones that I have developed for myself

less than 2 years since I met him.

He encouraged me to search for this and that,

keep giving me advices or requests:

“How about studying diet cooking more?”

“Give me a clear explanation of the structure of muscles

and the effect of exercises on certain muscles.”

I tried to comply with his requests as much as possible

and gradually found myself becoming

a multi-player type of person that he prefers.

He says that water that stays gets rotten,

and he likes people who keep developing themselves.

In fact, he loves to learn about something new,

and now he’s got deeper knowledge about muscles

than I who is a professional trainer.

If he could have a chance to systematically study

more theoretical knowledge,

he might be able to be a great weight trainer, too, for a diversion,

when he happens to get tired of being an actor.

Hm, he might be able to open a bookstore,

because he loves books and has a lot of them with him.

Or he might be able to have a new name card that describes himself

as a director and actor.

He’s never satisfied with the present himself,

and seeks for something new.

He tries to make a better future

by his own choosing and challenges.

He told me that through exercise he wants

to create a new, different Self from his previous images.

Guest tiffany

All the reviews have started to come out in SG publications this week. Some of them were ok and some of them were not. ZB gave a fanstatsic review of the movie yesterday. I'm in the midst of translating and will post when it's done.

In the meantime,

8 DAYS THIS WEEK

Part of the review from the magazine:

Make no mistake; the response was due to Winter Sonata matinee idol Bae Yong Joon aka BYJ, Korea's hottest export since kimchi known for inciting palpitations among staid housewives and hormonal tweens alike.

For sure, they have no personality. She remarks her favourite season is spring, he opines he prefers winter. They stare pensively into space. They chat on the phone.

Once,driving home from a funeral, Bae remembers to exercise his acting abilities and interrupts the sad piano tinkling in the background to weep.

(when did BYJ cry in the car? It was SYJ)

:angry:

Some of us will not be buying 8 Days this week

All the reviews have started to come out in SG publications this week. Some of them were ok and some of them were not. ZB gave a fanstatsic review of the movie yesterday. I'm in the midst of translating and will post when it's done.

:angry:

Some of us will not be buying 8 Days this week

Thanks tiffany

Does this 8 Days mag wants to follow the mode of Korean media...is that can be called a review

Guest tiffany

I've just watched April Snow again last night...

And it's even better the second time round because I found that I was actually missing out on certain scenes. Somehow, the story, the characters touched me even deeper and in ways that it did not the first time round. I mean I like the movie when I watched it the first time, but I did not cry. This time... I got into the charcacters more and I found myself a little teary eye at certain scenes.The movie feels as if it's wrapped up in many layers. Each time I watch, I peel away a layer, only to discover another layer below.

The silence, the lightings, the little gestures, the meanings.... things that puzzled me, I found out tonight. And yet, I still feel so inadequate. Someone said, "I wasn't quite emotionally charged when I was watching the movie. And yet, when I came out of the cinema, I found myself thinking more and more about the movie and could not wait to watch it again."

I know what she means, for I am looking forward to watching it again this weekend.. to find out what I missed out.

However, I must admit there is one flaw (so far)- that is, he is too neat and not distraught enough for someone in such a stressful situation as he supposed to be in. In other words, he was too good looking, too outstanding and I guess sometimes, too distracting. Perhaps that is why the reviews were not as kind. I guess they have been to busy looking at him to concentrate on the movie, afterall, almost all the reviews mentioned about his impressive body.

Have my 5 favourite scenes changed? Not really, but I found that I have to add a few more to it. Maybe I will do a compilation at the end and choose my top 5.

1) Whilst driving back to Samcheok after visiting the victim's home, Seo Yeong fell asleep, tired out after the outburst of crying. When she woke up, she sees In Soo, in the pale moonlight, against the car, smoking. There is so much loneliness, sadness and resignation in that solitary figure.

2) The walk by the beach, where they ask each other what are the seasons they like and Seo Yeong suggested taking a photo together...It was like any courting couple, in the initial stage of falling in love. The title of the music for this part in the ost? "Spring comes...."

3) When In Soo's father-in-law visisted him unexpectedly, he had to hide Seo Yeong in the toilet. When he opened the door a few minutes later, Seo Yeong was still holding the jacket, the bag and the shoes. She had not moved at all. Looking at him, she only said one word,"It's ok." How much love, guilt and forgiveness was laden in that one word?

4) In Soo, crying bitterly in the room, for Seo Yeong had said goodbye to him. For me, this was even sadder than his earlier crying scene. He was crying as if his heart had been broken into a thousand pieces.... because it has.

5) The very, very last part, when the song, "The Road" was being sung as the car travelled along on the road. You see rows and rows of houses, trees, all covered in the unexpected snowfall. It was a beautiful, hopeful sight and the song was just right for this scene.

The Road (translated from the Chinese lyrics)

Where does this road ahead lead to

At the end of this road

Will we meet again

Or will there only be memories

(the above is the first verse of the song, which I really feel is beautiful and sung beautifully by Woo Sung Min)

Two betrayed partners

a love story that should not have been

a world of conflicting emotions

the dying love that once was there

the promise of a new love of what could be

Must one choose?

Can one choose?

Perhaps this is all fated....

But before the night is over

And the day approaches with our decisions made

Let’s leave the world behind us if but for awhile

Let us Go Out together

on one last journey

Please remember to throw away all images of WLS, Hotelier, HWRL etc and watch this with your heart and eyes...........

April Snow Singapore Premiere- 13th Octocber

April Snow Singapore Bunggae- 15th October

Guest frances

hello tiff, thanks for informing us about the funny antics of another 8 days mag reporter. as i've said in my reply to your post in quilt, it looks like 8 days is taking its cue from the kr media, its "killing" AS even before the public gets a good dose of the film and judge it by themselves.

this looks like another rude & poorly written report..i'm really wondering here....what are the qualifications to become an 8 days reporter ?? :blink:

Guest frances

Thanks for sharing those pictures of him.

hello willenette, you're the same willenette in sokorean ?? welcome to yong joon's thread :) hope to see more of you in this thread ;)

Good morning chingus

Happiebb, thanks for sharing...how about pop corn...can we eat that :lol:

Better bring in some jelly then

Is there any other article from mikan 5..

Caroline..are you excited yet...can't wait for this saturday

Hi Sara , yes I am excited....can't wait ! Looks like we better buy jelly!! :P

Thanks Tiffany for informing us about all those disheartening articles that 8 days published. I used to like 8 days but now ...... :blink:

Guest frances

translated by Yoon and posted in Quilt

BYJ's body was like an uncut diamond

portion of an Interwiew by Joongang Daily w/ Im Jongpil or JP, fitness trainer to many famous kr celebrities.

htm_2005012411095430003600-003.JPG

JP first met BYJ at California Fitness center of Apkoojung branch in the winter of 2002. JP, an apprentice trainer at that time, became friends with BYJ as he helped BYJ with his workout one day. BYJ asked him to become his personal trainer after he found out they went along very well in their one-day workout.

JP gladly agreed. He said when he first saw BYJ's body, it reminded him of an unrefined uncut diamond. He had the impression that BYJ had worked out a lot, but not systematically. But he thought if refined, it would become the best of gems.'

As expected, BYJ was very athletic. His personality is such that once he sets his mind on something, whether it's snowboarding, skiing, boxing or hapigdo (art of self-defence) he would pursue it to the end. JP said, "Behind the warm smile lies a strong tiger."

Their first work together was going on a diet for the movie 'Scandal'. BYJ told him he had to prepare for a movie called 'Scandal' which dealt with hot romance between men and women in Chosun era and suggested to build a body suitable for his role in the movie. They set the goal of losing 8 kg within 2 months because he shouldn't look muscular and needed to look slim as a person living in Chosun era.

JP set up a fitness program which centered on cardiovascular exercises. His diet was chicken breasts, vegetables, fruits and sweet potatos. He minimized salt intake. 'Chicken breast diet' which was widely known through press started at that time.

BYJ complied with JP's every suggestions. JP had the impression BYJ was extremely tenacious as he saw BYJ maintain the unsavory diet for two months.

If one sneakily comsumes food not listed in the diet, he would get caught because his body would show, like his eye area would get swollen, but BYJ never showed such a sign.

JP said, "BYJ is a man of few words, and I got the impression that given his tenacity, he would be successful even if he did other things than acting."

Guest chiligoyo

post-4-1129029245.jpg

post-4-1129029340.jpg

post-4-1129029440.jpg

Oooo.. his passport! I wonder how many passports has he changed already since he travelled so often.. :lol:

post-4-1129029559.jpg

*shake head* Yong Joon dear, it's not healthy eating cup noodles often, ya know? :unsure:

post-4-1129029636.jpg

He celebrated his bday in the plane!! :D

post-4-1129029769.jpg

Ooo.. his eyes look really tired

051010113531_1.jpg

:blink: Hmm.. what is he reading?

051010113652_1.jpg

Ooo.. sensual~! He looks so sexy shaving~ *faint* :wub:

Guest xling06

2) The walk by the beach, where they ask each other what are the seasons they like and Seo Yeong suggested taking a photo together...It was like any courting couple, in the initial stage of falling in love. The title of the music for this part in the ost? "Spring comes...."

3) When In Soo's father-in-law visisted him unexpectedly, he had to hide Seo Yeong in the toilet. When he opened the door a few minutes later, Seo Yeong was still holding the jacket, the bag and the shoes. She had not moved at all. Looking at him, she only said one word,"It's ok." How much love, guilt and forgiveness was laden in that one word?

5) The very, very last part, when the song, "The Road" was being sung as the car travelled along on the road. You see rows and rows of houses, trees, all covered in the unexpected snowfall. It was a beautiful, hopeful sight and the song was just right for this scene.

Those are my favourite scene too....when Seo Yeong said "its ok" i really feel that she must be feeling such guilt and helpless in the situation....and I think In Soo's hug will help to ease the pain ....somehow...

The Song "The roda" is really nice....its just grow on you.....really like the song a lot....like tiffany mentioned it really go well with the last scene.....

Maybe this sound silly...but anyone know when is the winter period in Korea? why is this movie called "April Snow"? My opinion.....I was thinking during one of the scene they ask each other which is their favourite season and Seo Yeong mentioned "spring" and then In Soo mentioned "winter" then Seo Yeong said "she love snow too" In Soo replied saying "maybe during spring there will be snowing too" then Seo Yeong said something like "not possible".......is April a spring season month in Korea and its not really possible to snow? if so, in the movie, its still snow (unexpectedly) during April right? that why both In Soo & Seo Yeong were surprised to see the snow......if i am right in interpreting this scene, its just sent me the message that "nothing is impossible".....even snowing in April......do happened....

Guest chiligoyo

For me.. I had the same interpretation as u do to, that is, nothing is impossible, even if April starts snowing..

In korea, the winter season is the same as US and such, during end of Oct to Nov and Dec and by the time it is April, it should turn warm and not possible to snow.. :)

Those are my favourite scene too....when Seo Yeong said "its ok" i really feel that she must be feeling such guilt and helpless in the situation....and I think In Soo's hug will help to ease the pain ....somehow...

The Song "The roda" is really nice....its just grow on you.....really like the song a lot....like tiffany mentioned it really go well with the last scene.....

Maybe this sound silly...but anyone know when is the winter period in Korea? why is this movie called "April Snow"? My opinion.....I was thinking during one of the scene they ask each other which is their favourite season and Seo Yeong mentioned "spring" and then In Soo mentioned "winter" then Seo Yeong said "she love snow too" In Soo replied saying "maybe during spring there will be snowing too" then Seo Yeong said something like "not possible".......is April a spring season month in Korea and its not really possible to snow? if so, in the movie, its still snow (unexpectedly) during April right? that why both In Soo & Seo Yeong were surprised to see the snow......if i am right in interpreting this scene, its just sent me the message that "nothing is impossible".....even snowing in April......do happened....

Guest tiffany

April Snow in Singapore

The movie premieres officially today.

Last night, they had sneak previews in a few cinemas. We were heartened to note that the response has been been so far. The reviews ahve started to appear in the various publications. Some are good. Some are not. And some are downright trashy (which I shall not name here).

Whatever it is, we hope the very best for April Snow in Singapore. Please remember to support the movie. That is the only way to prove the critics wrong.

April Snow Singapore bunggae

15th October, Orchard Cineleisure, 7pm

We are pleased to say that all 212 seats have been taken.

And all of us are looking forward to it.

Thank you for all your suport.

http://www.joonsfamily.com/cms/viewtopic.p...1e12f7780261ea9

From Daum.net

Translated and posted by Joanne in BYJ's Quilt

'Yon-sama' BYJ wins 'Young Artist of Today Award'

[Yonhap News]10/13/05 13:12

Ministry of Culture, chose novelist, Kim Yeonsoo, singer, Ra Yoonseon, etc.

'Yon-sama' BYJ, who has been creating Korean Current hot wind in Japan, was chosen on 13 as a winner of '2005 Young Artist of Today Award' by the Ministry of Culture and Tourism.

Since 1993, the Ministsry of Culture has chosen young artists in their 20~30th with promising future in each field and awarded 'Yong Artist of Today Award'.

In this year 8 people were chosen including BYJ in film section. They are ▲Literature = Writer Kim Yeonsoo(Real name Kim Yongsoo) ▲Fine Art = Artist Jo Seup(Real name Jo Byeongcheol) ▲Music =Vocalist Han Nyeongwon ▲Traditional Art = Korean Musician Lee Yongtak ▲Theaterical drama =Director Lee Haeje(Real name Lee Youngho) ▲Dancing =Ballerina Hwang Jaewon ▲Popular Art section = Jazz singer Ra Yoonseon.

The winners will receive a plaque from Minister of the Ministry of Culture and 5 million won as supplementary prize. The award ceremony will be held at 3 PM on coming 15 at the Sanctuary of Korean Sounc Culture in Cheonjoo City along with 'commemorative ceremony of the Culture Day'.

Reported by Chung Cheonki,ckchung@yna.co.kr, Yonhap News,

http://blog.yonhapnews.co.kr/chuuki

Copyright ©Yonhap News

Copyright by Daum Communications Corp. | Copyright by Yonhap News Agency.

From Daum.net

Translated and posted by Joanne in BYJ's Quilt

'Yon-sama' BYJ wins 'Young Artist of Today Award'

[Yonhap News]10/13/05 13:12

Ministry of Culture, chose novelist, Kim Yeonsoo, singer, Ra Yoonseon, etc.

'Yon-sama' BYJ, who has been creating Korean Current hot wind in Japan, was chosen on 13 as a winner of '2005 Young Artist of Today Award' by the Ministry of Culture and Tourism.

Since 1993, the Ministsry of Culture has chosen young artists in their 20~30th with promising future in each field and awarded 'Yong Artist of Today Award'.

In this year 8 people were chosen including BYJ in film section. They are ▲Literature = Writer Kim Yeonsoo(Real name Kim Yongsoo) ▲Fine Art = Artist Jo Seup(Real name Jo Byeongcheol) ▲Music =Vocalist Han Nyeongwon ▲Traditional Art = Korean Musician Lee Yongtak ▲Theaterical drama =Director Lee Haeje(Real name Lee Youngho) ▲Dancing =Ballerina Hwang Jaewon ▲Popular Art section = Jazz singer Ra Yoonseon.

The winners will receive a plaque from Minister of the Ministry of Culture and 5 million won as supplementary prize. The award ceremony will be held at 3 PM on coming 15 at the Sanctuary of Korean Sounc Culture in Cheonjoo City along with 'commemorative ceremony of the Culture Day'.

Reported by Chung Cheonki,ckchung@yna.co.kr, Yonhap News,

http://blog.yonhapnews.co.kr/chuuki

Copyright ©Yonhap News

Copyright by Daum Communications Corp. | Copyright by Yonhap News Agency.

Thanks for the wonderful news Liezle !..... :D