Bae Yong Joon 배용준

Admin

Thanks for sharing the pictures & his clips. I'm d/l right now.

Willenette, i think i was not able to welcome you yet in this thread. Anyway, WARM WELCOME to you! Hope to see you more often and join us in our BAEziness.

Got to go now guys, see you all later :)

Guest chiligoyo

Thank you for the wondering pics from IMAGE Vol 1!!

I haven gotten my copy... not yet at least I hope.. its will burnt a big hole in my pocket.. *pout*

Would like to welcome those new faces in this thread~!!! The people here are really warm and friendly, hope u will enjoy urself in here~!!

Guest frances

~ an interesting piece of information...looks like this is the first time that a film actor won this award in the film section of the Young Artist of Today Award from Korea's Ministry of Culture ;) Yong Joon's company are prominent film directors & one film editor. i've translated the names of the other winners for better appreciation of the info - frances

posted in BYJ's Korean Board by 우리는 마피아

source - http://www.mct.go.kr/open_content/administ...1&viewFlag=read

* [문화관광부]『오늘의 젊은 예술가상』영화부문 역대수상자 현황 (1993~2005)

List of all the Prize Winners of the Young Artist of Today from 1993 2005 ~

(1회) 1993 박광수 (영화감독) - Park Kwang Soo (Film Director / Chilsu & Mansu)

(2회) 1994 이명세 (영화감독)- Lee Myeong Se (Film Director / Nowhere to Hide)

(3회) 1995 박종원 (영화감독) - Park Jong Won (Film Director / Paradise Villa)

(4회) 1996 강우석 (영화감독) - Kang Woo Suk (Film Director / Silmido)

(5회) 1997 변영주 (영화감독) - Byeon Yeong Joo (Film Director / Flying Boys )

(6회) 1998 홍상수 (영화감독) - Hong Sang Soo ( Film Director / Woman is the Future of Man)

(7회) 1999 박곡지 (영화편집기사) - Park Gok Ji ( Film Editor / Taegukgi )

(8회) 2000 박찬욱 (영화감독) - Park Chan Wook ( Film Director / Old boy)

(9회) 2001 곽경택 (영화감독) - Gwak Gyeong Taek ( Film Director / Friend )

(10회) 2002 이정향 (영화감독) - Lee Jeong Hyang ( Film Director / The Way Home)

(11회) 2003 봉준호 (영화감독) - Bong Jun Ho ( Film Director / Memories of Murder)

(12회) 2004 장준환 (영화감독) - Jang Jun Hwan ( Film Director / Save the Green Planet)

(13회) 2005 배용준 (영화배우) - Bae Yong Joon ( Film Actor )

you're welcome TY_KSW :)

more from The Image Vol 1

pls click again ;)

untitled48uu.th.png untitled69dy.th.png

post411167821609ih.th.jpg post41112452374a2pn.th.jpg

post411168663562ne.th.jpg post411202250102cs.th.jpg

post411197011885nj.th.jpg post411202245405xa.th.jpg

post411168669268vv.th.jpg post411168668106qi.th.jpg

Thanks Frances,

These, hotter, the topless :lol::lol::lol: Downloaded it oreadi....

Guest frances

Recommended Reading (Fumi Series; Part 26)

Original posting in Japanese by: fumi / www.k-plaza.com

Translated into Chinese by: truelove77 / www.loveyongjoon.com

Translated into English by: happiebb / www.joonsfamily.com

Analyzing Yon-Sama - Part 26

Good morning!

Over the past couple of days,

I was standing at the newsstands flipping through Japanese magazines related to K-drama.

Most of them are going for 1500¥, that’s royally expensive!

Most of the magazines are pictorial in nature;

these magazines were still displayed prominently alongside other Japanese magazines.

I was just standing there reading some of the interviews with Yong Joon.

Here, I share with you some of what he said that were particularly memorable or interesting.

1. Yong Joon said, “I’ve never thought of myself as a star.”

I thought this was interesting.

Anyone who has been cast as the main lead of a drama would,

consciously or otherwise, think of himself as a star.

The people around him will also perceive him as a star.

In most cases, stars go through a fairly long process before they achieve so-called stardom.

Some will start as a child actor, go through a learning process,

debut in some dramas as a small role,

and will only be cast as the main lead after many years of hard work.

Having gone through such a process and given the opportunity to star as the main lead,

then the actors will sigh, “Ah, finally I’m amongst the stars.”

This is a typical star-route.

Yong Joon has been cast as the main lead since his debut.

He said he had never consciously thought of himself as a star.

Was he being humble or was he lying? In my view, neither.

That is probably what Yong Joon truly thinks.

Think about it, he was already the leading male actor since his debut;

at that time, the one thing on his mind was whether he was capable of doing the job,

instead of thinking about “hey, I’m a star now!”

Yong Joon is different from Dong Gun and Byung Hun;

he came form the poor side of North Hangang.

For someone from that modest financial background,

it was secondary that he actually became a star right from his debut drama,

what was primary was that he found financial stability for his family.

With that as the premise, he was compelled to make it.

He had to make it. In a way, it was almost sad.

Although since the beginning, Yong Joon already had the leisurely, princely image,

his inner self was probably more of someone who desperately needed the work

and therefore would go all out to get the job done.

Does Yong Joon also think that he is not a star,

but someone who needs excel in his work in order to stay secured in his job?

Most Koreans do not understand what this means. (Chuckles).

Personally, I feel that Yong Joon’s honesty has something to do with

how he grew up in an environment that could not be described as rich.

When it comes to other Korean stars,

we often hear about how they spent extravagrant amount of money in clubs in Gangnam.

But no, not our Yong Joon.

We’ve never heard such news or rumours about Yong Joon misbehaving in clubs.

There is another difference between Yong Joon and the other Korean stars,

that is, he does not have many friends who are in the entertainment industry.

Perhaps this has something to do with the fact he hardly hangs out in clubs like other stars.

2. Yong Joon mentioned in an interview that

he has been accepting

quite a number of interviews recently

and he feels that he has been fairly active in PR.

I could not help but laugh at his statements.

Yes, it is true Yong Joon has accepted interviews from a number of Japanese magazines.

But it is typical Yong Joon to actually think and believe that

by accepting more interviews than he ever did before

was an active PR effort on his part.

When his movie, The Untold Scandal, was screened in Japan,

he did not visit Japan to do any opening address or PR campaign.

To think that a star, an actor would not do anything to promote his latest movie…

This is classic Yong Joon.

He said, “I do act when it is necessary,

that’s why recently, I’ve been quite active in accepting interviews.”

He is really quite cute.

Japan got to know about Jeon Ji Hyun through the movie, My Sassy Girlfriend.

The success of the movie can be directly linked to her aggressive PR effort

on the Japanese TV program, News Station.

Yong Joon is not someone who aggressively promotes himself or his works through PR.

He is someone who feels that he is already very hard at work in terms of PR

when all he has done is accept some magazine interviews.

He is really quite a unique fellow, very interesting and cute character.

I can’t help but break into chuckles again.

3. Yong Joon said if he was really interested to become a big star,

then he would have acted in more dramas or movies,

but personally, he was not keen to pursue stardom or fame.

On this point, there are two different camps of people holding different opinions.

One group believes that Yong Joon is indeed a star,

so there is really no need to take on excessive roles or assignments.

Another camp believes in Moiru, that is,

Yong Joon should accept more works within a short period to time to increase his popularity.

Guest chiligoyo

My my.. Fumi's words are always so profound and interesting~!!! After reading his articles, he always makes me go.. "Hmm... ah huh... yeah.. thats true"

He did it again this time~!

Thanks for sharing, Frances~!!

Guest chiligoyo

Abstracted this paragraph when reading Son Ye Jin's thread in Soompi... and I kinda agree with what was written by Syjfan...

Omit the review above..

Concluding remarks

I could not help but feel that the script was disadvantageous to BYJ because In su was too much like BYJ in real life. Both were successful career men and men of duty and with strong character. This left him with a mountain to climb to please his critics.

BYJ no longer needs to prove that he is a good actor. Rather, many people are looking for him to show some breakthroughs and this becomes very difficult when he is supposed to portray a man very much like himself in real life. To be fair to BYJ, he didn’t choose the script. He chose the director and the project even before the script was ready.

Fans of BYJ and BYJ himself will recognize the breakthrough on his spontaneous acting in AS but unfortunately for the neutral third parties and movie critics, they will merely feel that BYJ is acting himself in AS (because of the similarities between In su and BYJ) since they were not familiar with BYJ's past works in the first place.

omit the below

This got me wondering.. why is YJ so nervous to watch the final outcome of the edited April Snow after the filming is over? And why is he so nervous over what many critics will comment about this movie? Why is he so jumpy this time round? Is he always this nervous or should I say, no confidence in the works that he in? Or only this time?

Hmmm.... :unsure:

Guest frances

This got me wondering.. why is YJ so nervous to watch the final outcome of the edited April Snow after the filming is over? And why is he so nervous over what many critics will comment about this movie? Why is he so jumpy this time round? Is he always this nervous or should I say, no confidence in the works that he in? Or only this time?

Hmmm.... :unsure:

ok, i still have to see AS....but on YJ's being a bit jumpy about the final outcome of the edited AS (?) ... not too sure on this but i would say that probably YJ is just feeling the immense pressure from ppl's very high expectations on AS ....plus the fact that its almost 2 yrs since he made his last film, & HJH, about 4 yrs since his last directorial job, so its not surprising if there is this feeling of apprehension.

well, i'm glad that this AS thing is done and over with, & i think yong joon had a great learning experience from this film working w/ HJH & SYJ, and he's moving on to another artistic challenge with the Great King. :)

Hello ladies!!! i've finally watched April Snow today!! hehehe :D i can tell u that most of the reporters seem to do so far was to do injustice to the reviews for the movie... In my opinion, it was a terrific movie except for some minor flaws. But then again coz i've watched the movie only once i may not have understood the movie well enough, and perhaps of i were to watch it again (that is tml) i may not think so anymore.

I tink many of the reporters said that the movie was too slow with very little dialogue and actions. But i can tell u that instead of thinking that the movie was slow i thought that i was rather fast. The little dialogue and the silence was perfect for the movie, for i think that if it was not so, it would not be able to pass the message that well. I personally tink that if there was more speech, it would not have been able to enhance the movie. It really shows how much pain both characters were facing.

As for the highlight of the movie said by the 8days reporter, i dun tink it was such a big thing after all. She made the bed scene sound as if it was very sleazy, but in actually fact there is actually nothing much. It only show how much they liked each other especially in the second one.

I love many scenes in the movie, really can't wait to watch it again tml...heheh :D

Anyway the placing that i found AS lacking in maybe was that the front part of the movie was too fast, but then it got better. And maybe as Tiffany and articles have mentioned before, BYJ looked too clean for someone who is facing a situation like that... but then again i love his image in the movie a lot :wub: and BYJ's acting was fantastic as is son yejin's. Totally not like how it was written by the S'pore magazines...

For those who haven watched the movie, i strongly encourage you to. It's really a very nice movie. :P

Haha i tink i made a typo error in the reply i made above. it's "place" and not "placing". :)

Guest frances

Hello ladies!!! i've finally watched April Snow today!! hehehe :D i can tell u that most of the reporters seem to do so far was to do injustice to the reviews for the movie... In my opinion, it was a terrific movie except for some minor flaws. But then again coz i've watched the movie only once i may not have understood the movie well enough, and perhaps of i were to watch it again (that is tml) i may not think so anymore.

hey gina, you finally saw AS !! in our case, i think we have no choice but to wait for the release of the DVD by Dec, coz nothing seem to be happening in the supposed showing of AS in Manila...anyways, its only 2.5 months away & i can still wait.....

u know what, i saw a number of good reviews for AS from SG portals & so far, the sloppy "reviews" ( dont want to use this word but cant think of another one <_< ) of 8 days are the only negative ones i've read...but of course you know better coz you're in SG ;)

Frances dun worry 2.5 months will come very soon... tink abt it we have waited almost 9 months for the release of it in Korea so 2.5 months is not very long in comparison... but u still have us to tell u slight insights to the movie :P As for the negative reviews, ya there r positive as well as negative reviews here in S'pore... the negative reviews didn't just come from the 8days they come from the chinese magazines regulating in S'pore as well. It's not just one but 2...

Hahaha... actually i was giggling all the way at the front part of the movie seeing BYJ. Coz i can't watch untold scandal (underage and i still am till next year), so i was so happy seeing him in something new after winter sonata... hehehe :D