Bae Yong Joon 배용준

Admin

Guest frances

from kewen of byjff

051010113441_1.jpg

i just saw the making of DVD & in this scene yong joon is being a naughty boy while the producer is being interviewed :P

7.jpg

Frances it's a cute pic of BYJ that u have up there!! :P i love this scene in the making documentary too, he looks so innocent and like u say a naughty boy there... heheh Oh tiffany i have already added a reply regarding the letter to the 8 days in joons family just wanna let u noe here again that i do want my name to be added too and thank you for writing the letter :)

reposted by kewen in byjfriendsforever

051010113319_1.jpg

051010113355_1.jpg

Frances wooould you happen to know from where are these photos? First time i've seen them or where they modified?

Ops, sorry I know now where the photos cames from :)

Guest frances

Frances it's a cute pic of BYJ that u have up there!! :P i love this scene in the making documentary too, he looks so innocent and like u say a naughty boy there... heheh

hello gina , i love the making dvd...yong joon showed us again his funny side & he seem so down to earth, fun & easy to work with.....not surprising that one of the staff said that BYJ is the coolest guy he has known... B)

one more picture from juli of byjff ~

post-4-1128915431.jpg

Guest happiebb

bb: a fellow fan, hannah, posted the original article on www.loveyongjoon.com,

although the writer is not a yong joon fan [or maybe she is...? i'm not sure]

i like how she has described him and what makes him special.

this article appeared in the latest issue of a chinese publication,

and the author, Pan Xiang Li, has authored more than half a dozen books.

understand she's quite a renowned writer & well-liked, esp amongst female readers.

i'm not a professional translator, so there's bound to be inadequacy,

forgive me for the parts that have not been well translated,

but believe me, the original article was written quite beautifully.

if you can read chinese, do read the original version.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Source: 《文汇报》11版 2005/01/11

Author: 潘向黎 Pan Xiang Li

Clearly in A Class of His Own, Talking about Bae Yong Joon

About the man Bae Yong Joon, or should we say the actor…

there’s really nothing much to say really.

It seems that we shouldn’t even talk about him. Because about this man…

it’s always a case of numerous rumours but few real ones,

numerous critiques and reviews but few works…

It’s as if everyone talks about him, reveres him and adores him uncontrollably.

But what about the man himself…?

Well, he is always calm and unaffected, always alone,

and maintaining a certain sense of aloofness and distance from everything.

So… it’s almost unfair to talk about him.

But lately I’ve heard some news.

It’s said in Korea, “Bae Yong Joon” has become a phrase one uses to scold people,

and I heard it’s very popular to do so; can’t help it, my curiosity has been aroused.

It turns out that his approach to the media is not cooperative enough,

so the Korean media turn against him and describe him as arrogant.

Apparently the “scolding” goes like this, “Why are you so Bae Yong Joon?”

Now, this doesn’t mean you’re handsome, it means you’re proud. *

Bae Yong Joon has an aura or a certain air about him…

this special something is easily misconstrued as being proud.

But I personally do not think that this is arrogance at work.

I think it’s an air of dignity and nobility,

of being above all the material and crude things of the world.

This is something that is very rare in our world of today,

especially so in the highly complicated world of the entertainment industry.

It is this special aura that is distinctly his that has made him so different from the rest.

When compared to him, yes, F4 is undoubtedly very cute,

but no matter how you look at them, they are still poor and plain children,

doing their level best to play noble princes.

Those who like Bae Yong Joon have a love-hate relationship

with his approach towards accepting new work.

Why hate? Because it involves waiting, a lot of waiting.

All these years there are just “Hotelier”, “Winter Sonata”

and the movie “The Untold Scandal”, and some others.

There’re countless rumours about him accepting whatever new scripts all the time,

but each and every time, everything comes to naught.

People are invariably disappointed. Yet they all know that his is the right way.

Only when he is this careful and meticulous

then he can be sure he does not disappoint his fans.

This is way different from those artistes

who are addicted to media exposure and more media exposure,

and way different from those who are addicted to acting fees.

He does not accept much work. He does not have that many scandals,

and whatever few ones there are, they are always proven groundless

and all die a natural death.

When the media exposed his girlfriend, he was really angry.

In fact, he was so mad he admitted to having a girlfriend

and declared that he would inform everyone if he was getting married.

But afterwards, nothing came out of that relationship.

Thereafter, all news and rumours about him are all focused on his [then] new movie.

This man… he’s like some pure white flower,

so pure that even the most miniscule of earth or dirt would find it hard to cling to it.

Japan’s premier, Junichiro Koizumi, is a self-proclaimed Bae Yong Joon fan

(though I suspect it’s just a political gimmick to win the hearts of the female voters).

When he visited Korea not so long ago, he made a request to meet with Bae Yong Joon,

who turned him down gently saying his shooting schedule was too tight.

It was one great moment!

Really, what’s the point of meeting with a political figure?

And Bae Yong Joon’s reason for not being able to see him?

Well, it’s plainly and obviously just an excuse.

He has said more than once that he detests politicians.

So what makes one think he'll say “yes” just because you’ve said a few flattering words?

The NHK Red & White Singing Contest every year end is an annual event

that is almost like a tradition; its significance and grandeur can be compared

to the Chinese New Year variety program in China.

Unlike its Chinese counterpart, the NHK program is actually a highly reputable one.

They, too, extended an invitation to Bae Yong Joon; but he declined nonetheless.

His reason this time? No time.

This makes me think of this age-old saying:

One will always have time for important things.

His refusal only proves he doesn’t care.

For all the opportunities that come his way,

he seem to be rejecting more than he accepts.

As for the love and adoration showered upon him,

he does not indulge in it nor does he obsess about it.

On his [last] birthday, he received some two tonnes of presents.

He came out and made a statement,

he hoped that everyone would stop giving him presents.

Instead, your best present to him is to donate the presents and gifts

to charitable organizations and to help those who need help.

In a way, he is saying “no” very gently.

Recalling how the Singapore government bestowed him with treatment

comparable to state guests… They named a certain new orchid species after him.

Orchid is Singapore’s national flower;

having an orchid named after you is normally a privilege

that only the world famous and political bigwigs enjoy,

but Bae Yong Joon the actor was given this special honour.

Of all the treatments and gifts bestowed upon his man, this one probably takes the cake.

Orchids… they signify simplicity, elegance

and conjures a feel of being higher than normal beings.

Save for Bae Yong Joon, who else is worthy of this?

I even heard he has his very own fashion label …

it’s called the Smiling Noble Prince. **

This is so apt, very appropriate for his image.

But his smile… other than emitting warmth and care…

there should be another level to it.

He too has a cool smile that tells the world he will do things his way, on his terms.

And he does not even want to bother with explanation or clarification.

Clean and pure, his refusals, the distance he keeps,

his insistence on things that matter to him…

All these are what made Bae Yong Joon.

These has come to be his personal style.

Actually, the only thing gentle about this man is his outward appearance.

The media who rely on him to draw countless readers…

Why do they have so much to say about an actor

who is full of character and who is of his own mind?

Who’s to say that all actors must cooperate with the media?

And if you’re really so dissatisfied with this man,

then just leave him alone, that will do…

Why do you keep rattling on and on about him then?

Such an air of dignity and nobility is something that is hard to survive on.

Without real prowess and strength,

or if the environment or even if the element of luck is not favourable,

then such an air, such an aura will only invite trouble,

and perhaps even come to a premature end.

Without this special aura, Bae Yong Joon will not be Bae Yong Joon.

Maybe he would still become as red hot and popular as he is now,

but for sure, his career would have ended by now.

I like Bae Yong Joon, I like the very essence, the very aura of this man.

I just like it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

* [bb: this differs slightly from what I’ve heard before.

The version I’ve heard is Yong Joon is v picky about what productions to act in,

so whenever any artiste, especially newcomers, hesitate over the choice of scripts,

they would be told, “Do you think you’re Bae Yong Joon?”]

** [bb: I’m not sure where the author gets this information from,

as I’ve not come across any news like this.

But regardless, to be true to the original article, I’ve translated it accordingly.]

bb, thanks again for the article. i was just telling frances that it's my first time reading again the article. the author was able to tackle everything that is surrounding the issues now when the article was written Jan 2005. It's like a cycle. He's such a good person that people can't find faults about him that is why they start writting negative stuff against Yong Joon.

Guest happiebb

bb, thanks again for the article. i was just telling frances that it's my first time reading again the article. the author was able to tackle everything that is surrounding the issues now when the article was written Jan 2005. It's like a cycle. He's such a good person that people can't find faults about him that is why they start writting negative stuff against Yong Joon.

yea.... some of the old postings are quite good, ya?

decided to repost this on quilt too...

figured that times like this, we need something good & positive to keep our spirits up.

aja aja fighting B)

Guest frances

that article is another favorite of mine...thanks bb :)

its really ironic.....some elements of the kr media are having a blast writing those biased & unfair reports on yong joon ( and are being picked up by foreign media) and here's the biggest carmaker and one of the largest companies in korea, Hyundai, campaigning for an increase in its sales outside korea using yong joon as its image model.

confusing isn't it ?

Hyundai Motor to Boost Advertising in Japan to Halt Sales Slump

Oct. 10 (Bloomberg) -- Hyundai Motor Co., South Korea's largest carmaker, said it will increase advertising in Japan, Asia's biggest market, in an effort to reverse slumping sales.

Aimed to attract Japanese buyers, Hyundai Motor is running advertisements featuring South Korean actor Bae Yong Joon, the most popular foreign celebrity in Japan this year.

Guest pklteam

sorry, but i'll use the space in 1st page previously occupied by this picture....

reposting :)

Yong Joon during the AS press conference in Korea ~

2005082318345192755_3.jpg

Kwon Ohkyeong posted this on the Talk Box of BYJ's official home.

translated & posted by Joanne in Quilt

BYJ secretly went to the US

[Yonhap News]10/10/05 09:45

052005101001000_1.jpg

While many Japanese fans came to the 10th PIFFwith heart of wondering if they could meet BYJ, the fact was known that BYJ 'quietly' boarded on an airplane to the US on the past 7.

BYJ left country for Los Angeles on 7 with acquaintances. His current trip to the US is scheduled for 10 days, and it was known that it was for both CF shooting and a rest.

Although BYJ initially scheduled to make a stage greeting in the PIFF where the 'Oe Chool(April Snow)' was invited, he gave up the attendence worrying about possible accident that could happen due to swarming fans.

However, despite the news of his absence, many Japanese fans came to Pusan, and they felt 'substitute gratification' as they saw BYJ's manager, Mr. Yang Geunhwan, who attended the PIFF in the last weekend.

On the other hand, after he came home, BYJ will enter the preparation of the 'Great King Four Gods Story', a new epic period drama by Kim Jonghak PD.

Reported by Yoon Goeun,pretty@yna.co.kr

Copyright ©Yonhap News Agency

I haven't get online for the last weekend so I didn't know that he already left to Los Angeles. OMO, he's so close to where I live. I'm not sure if it's just a coincident but yesterday, when me and my friends attended in an event in the area, when I was someplace else in the crowd, my friend later told me that he thought he saw BYJ with his sister??? I said it's impossible since I thought he's still in Korea. But my friend said that one is very much like BYJ. I asked him why he know the girl is BYJ's sister, he said "I thought so, if not then that girl definately is someone special to him because they're so close........"

Anyway, when I read this new this morning, I said to myself, maybe it was him the one my friend saw the other night....sigh. I can't reveal the place where my friend saw him, but it's very close to where I live, oh gosh, I wish that I was the one who saw him so I can assure it was him.....I'm still not sure but my friend kept telling me it was him.....

sorry, but i'll use the space in 1st page previously occupied by this picture....

reposting :)

BYJ secretly went to the US

[Yonhap News]10/10/05 09:45

052005101001000_1.jpg

While many Japanese fans came to the 10th PIFFwith heart of wondering if they could meet BYJ, the fact was known that BYJ 'quietly' boarded on an airplane to the US on the past 7.

BYJ left country for Los Angeles on 7 with acquaintances. His current trip to the US is scheduled for 10 days, and it was known that it was for both CF shooting and a rest.

Although BYJ initially scheduled to make a stage greeting in the PIFF where the 'Oe Chool(April Snow)' was invited, he gave up the attendence worrying about possible accident that could happen due to swarming fans.

However, despite the news of his absence, many Japanese fans came to Pusan, and they felt 'substitute gratification' as they saw BYJ's manager, Mr. Yang Geunhwan, who attended the PIFF in the last weekend.

On the other hand, after he came home, BYJ will enter the preparation of the 'Great King Four Gods Story', a new epic period drama by Kim Jonghak PD.

Reported by Yoon Goeun,pretty@yna.co.kr

Copyright ©Yonhap News Agency

BYJ in US! Wow, he's currently in LA now? That is so awesome for our BAE-sisters in LA. I wish he would stop over to Hawaii, too..... :( Oh, well, at least he's closer than usual....

Love the article posted by happiebb. Such an awesome article on BYJ. I decided not to ponder on the negative because I find it completely wipes out my energy. What really matter is how I feel about him...Anyway, still waiting for April Snow and no word yet if it will be shown in Hawaii.

Thanks, everyone for keeping this thread up to date with BYJ infos.

is his new drama or is it a movie

april snow

out yet?

my mom wants it

this is his new movie and it's not out on DVD yet. It's out in movie theatres. I wish it was out on DVD...I so badly want to watch it.

Kwon Ohkyeong pasted this on the Talk Box of BYJ's official home.

Translated and posted by Joanne in BYJ's Quilt

'Autumn in Kangwon' a 'big hit' by Japanese tourists

[Moonhwa Daily]10/10/05 13:53

(::Samcheok, shooting site of film 'Oe Chool(April Snow)' , 'Qite a lot' of Yon-sama effect::)

In this fall, the East Coast of Kangwon Province is overflowing with Japanese tourists.

In Samcheok nowadays, one can meet Japanese tourists daily everywhere in the town, and Yangyang is also recovering liveliness in a long time at the Yangyang International Airport as the routine chartered airplane connecting Osaka, Japan resumed flights in 6 month on the past 10. At the Sokcho Harbor, several hundred Japanese tourists are entering in 2 big cruise ships one after another for the first time since the port was open so that they are busy to greet guests.

The Japanese tourists are suddenly flocking in to the East Coast in Kangwon Province like that thank to Yangyang Song-i(pine mushroom) Festival which has established as a successful festival as it attracted popularity among Japanese, be sides 'Yon-sama effect'. The Samcheok, shooting site of BYJ's new film 'Oe Chool(April Snow)', is getting further hotter with opening of the 'Oe Chool(April Snow)', in Japan on the 17th of the past month, and Yangyang was noisy due to 'Yangyang Song-i Festival, which was held from 24th last month to 8 (October).

In Samcheok, the steps of Japanese tourists wanting to feel film 'Oe Chool(April Snow)' whose background is there, continued, over 31,000 people have visted until now.

As to the Samehcok Palace Hotel, where BYJ had stayed, Japanese tour companies are reserving as ifrst installment about 80% guest rooms from 25 in the last month until the end of this year. In Samcheok City, the activation effect on the local economy including sashimi restraurants, taxi business, lodging business, etc. are going over 3 billion won due to rapid increase in Japanese tourists, and they expect that as the 'Oe Chool(April Snow)' is released in Japan, it would continue a big hit as 'the second WLS'. Ms. HOng Jeongsook, at the Public Relation Department in the Samcheok City told, "We had supported 150 million won from City budget for the production of the film and we are seeing effect at several ten times of that."

In the Yangyang region, as far more Japanese tourists participate in this year compared to previsous years in the Yangyang Song-i Festival, which is selected as the cultural tousism festival by the Ministry of Culture and Tourism for 6 successive years, they used 590 million event expense, which is 200 million won incresed from the last year.

........Omit.............양양군에 따르면 외국인을 대상으로 한 송이채취체험행사 등 양 양송이축제 기간에 일본인 관광객들이 수백여명씩 잇따라 단체로 입국했다. 또 ‘외출’의 촬영지인 삼척을 방문하기로 한 일본 인 관광객 900여명도 양양송이축제에 참가했으며 개인이나 10~20 여명씩 팀을 이뤄 축제에 참가한 일본인도 1000명을 넘는 등 올 해 송이축제에 참가한 일본인은 어느해보다 많은 5000명 이상을 기 록했다.

지난해 양양송이축제에는 외국인 3000여명이 참여했는데 이는 전 국의 단일 행사중 가장 많은 숫자다. 또 이중 절반인 1470여명이 일본인이고 20여개의 일본 여행사 관계자가 다녀가는 등 일본에 서는 양양송이축제의 인기가 갈수록 높아지고 있다................

As the Japanese tourists increased like those, the Yangyang International Airport, which was called as 'only a figurative international airport' and Sokcho Harbor are getting alive. The Korean Air, putting in 149-seat Boing 737 airplane as a routine chartered flights between Yangyang and Osaka from 10 in the last month to coming 29, are flying total of 8 times on every Saturday.

To the Sokcho Harbor, 28,000 ton class Aska, a Japanese cruise ship entered the port on the 25 of the last month carrying over 500 Japanese tourists, and on coming 29 also, 26,000 ton-class Pacific Venus will come with over 300 tourists on board. The Japanese tourists plan to tour Sokcho Cheonho-Dong Abai VIlliage, a shooting site of TV drama 'Autumn in Heart' and Joongang traditional market, Yongpyeong, Sorak Mountains, 'Oe Chool(April Snow)'f shooting site in Samcheok, Unification viewing stand for 2 days and one night.

Mr. Lee Kongwoo, Director at the Office of Environment, Tourism, Culture in Kangwon Province, told "Due to influence of the film 'Oe Chool(April Snow)' and Yangyang Song-i Festival in addition to the fact that this year is the Year of Korea-Japanese joint visits, the Japanese tourists are rapidly increasing in the East Coastal region," and "It seems that this will be a bit help in creating the new 'Korean Current boom'."

Reported from Chooncheon, Lee Shiyoung,sylsyl@munhwa.com

Copyright ©Moonhwa Daily

Guest frances

hey pklteam, i'm feeling the anticipation while reading your post ;) , but just the idea that he's in LA and going around in places near your area is so exciting, right ? just savor the idea that he's near you for the next week or so....i'm happy for you :)

I haven't get online for the last weekend so I didn't know that he already left to Los Angeles. OMO, he's so close to where I live. I'm not sure if it's just a coincident but yesterday, when me and my friends attended in an event in the area, when I was someplace else in the crowd, my friend later told me that he thought he saw BYJ with his sister??? I said it's impossible since I thought he's still in Korea. But my friend said that one is very much like BYJ. I asked him why he know the girl is BYJ's sister, he said "I thought so, if not then that girl definately is someone special to him because they're so close........"

Anyway, when I read this new this morning, I said to myself, maybe it was him the one my friend saw the other night....sigh. I can't reveal the place where my friend saw him, but it's very close to where I live, oh gosh, I wish that I was the one who saw him so I can assure it was him.....I'm still not sure but my friend kept telling me it was him.....

hey pklteam, i'm feeling the anticipation while reading your post ;) , but just the idea that he's in LA and going around in places near your area is so exciting, right ? just savor the idea that he's near you for the next week or so....i'm happy for you :)

Hi there Frances! Remember what we were chatting about last night? Some truth? wwwaaahhhh!!!! ;););)

Guest frances

Hi there Frances! Remember what we were chatting about last night? Some truth? wwwaaahhhh!!!! ;););)

hi liezle, i remember !!! waaahhhhh !!! i wish, i wish...... :D

Guest delinnia

Hi Caroline,

Wah! You have Daniel in your avatar. He is very cute. I'll try to find him where he studies when I have a free time. ha ha...

Hi frances and Liez,

Anticipating ????????? :rolleyes:

I was here around 6:30 AM and no one was up then. Our man's thread was on pg 3. I have no updates to post and pull him to the front. If only I have some news like pklteam................ :lol::lol:

Guest chiligoyo

There was a link posted a while ago on the sale of the STAFF jacket (in April Snow).. anyone knows what the link is again? Am a teeny bit interested in getting it.. hehe~!!

Any help is appreciated!!

Guest s_h_a_d_o_w

Is there subs for April Snow yet? I believe I saw the vid at someone's clubbox. Where can I dl this?! If it's even possible now. :lol: Thanks.

*eta: the vid I saw is "April Snow documentary".. :lol: Anyone saw this already? How long is it... It's like almost 700mb. Someone help me out, thanks. :)*