[Drama 2016] Forever Young 오늘도 청춘 Season II - Thank you for watching!

TTXFYoung

You are not alone here because there are my 12_year_old son and me. We are watching the 7th episode in VTV3. My son sometimes borrowed my username in Soompi to comment in several topics like Japanese anime and he also followed this drama thread. 

But maybe you and I am matured enough to think about the balance of love and life. Other young people they highly put priority to love first so they do desire to have happy ending between Junsu and Linh, they cannot accept other people among them. 

And please remember that most girls easily fall in love with bad guys like Phong. At that time Khanh is too nice and too kind so he is little bored. 

But there are too much time for advertisement, it makes me feel not comfortable and interrupt my feelings. 

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha....Your son is so cute. 

Well, I just finish watching ep 7. Poor Linh, the moment when she ran around to find him, then saw JunSu going inside the bedroom with his fiance, the light was turned off, that moment she realized how ridiculous their destiny is. That moment was so so cruel for such a heartbroken girl. If I were Linh, I would be so depressed and would run out so far away from that resort, I would give up the job and everything relating to that place to those people.

About Phong, yeah I know young girls tend to like kind of "bad-boy" type like Phong, but for a 29 years old matured girl, I don't think Linh would considered Phong as a right man for her, especially after seeing him treating women like sh**t.

This is the 1st time I follow a drama on VTV, mostly I watch HBO, Starmovies etc or K/Cdramas online. I started to watch 1st season after it finished so I could stay totally focused to the story. Thanks to that my feeling towards LinhSu was so strongly connected. This time only 2 eps each week then await, quite a challenging for me ... lol

ttxep708-1480003024453.jpg

ttxep723-1480003024496.jpg

7 hours ago, TTXFYoung said:

Haha....Your son is so cute. 

Well, I just finish watching ep 7. Poor Linh, the moment when she ran around to find him, then saw JunSu going inside the bedroom with his fiance, the light was turned off, that moment she realized how ridiculous their destiny is. That moment was so so cruel for such a heartbroken girl. If I were Linh, I would be so depressed and would run out so far away from that resort, I would give up the job and everything relating to that place to those people.

About Phong, yeah I know young girls tend to like kind of "bad-boy" type of men like Phong, but for a 29 years old matured girl, I don't think Linh would considered Phong as a right man for her, especially after seeing him treating women like sh**t.

This is the 1st time I follow a drama on VTV, mostly I watch HBO, Starmovies etc or K/Cdramas online. I started to watch 1st season after it finished so I could stay totally focused to the story. Thanks to that my feeling towards LinhSu was so strongly connected. This time only 2 eps each week then await, quite a challenging for me ... lol

Same to me, I prefer HBO, Starmovies and American series, they helped me a lot to improve my bad English :P Sometimes I must read review of Korean dramas with the strange content like thriller or crime. And surely I can only watch them on my smartphone screen when my son is sleeping deeply because he hates these types most. Though only Forever young can connect mother and son with lovely discussion relating love net between young people.

Maybe because I have met and also had male friends with "bad-boy" style like Phong or Casanova or Don Joan so I found that in their souls, if they find the right girl who they love best, they will love deeply and respect their girls. I can confirm Forever young will let scenario like that :D But in fact, I hate to look "new nose" of Linh, it's not bad but it's not suitable for her face and lets her look older and not nature. Poor the old one :( 

Haha, please give your son a big hug from me, such a lovely boy! 

Yeah, about "bad-boy" "play-boy" category, I totally understand your point of view. I am also looking to how Phong is going to change himself because of Linh. This character is quite interesting, I just don't like the actor who played Phong, he seems a little bit old for a player ...LOL... but anyway lets just see how thing will going between them.

New nose ... Grr... yeah, that thing has effected to my mood while watching quite a lot, however I have to admit at least Nha Phuong's acting ability really sold their story for me, but Kang Tae Oh, the one I adored the most in FY1, who made me fall in love with this drama, seems to let me down quite a bit. I don't get why his acting ability in FY2 showing somehow emotionless. Probably Linh's "new nose" made him kind of distracted while looking at her, so he could not focus into the acting... LOL...

I still adore Kang Tae Oh and hold my hope that Kang Tae Oh really does let loose on JunSu character in the coming eps.

1 hour ago, doanhoa said:

I just made an account so I could say thank you so much for doing the English subs. I love this series so much, but my Vietnamese is so bad! So I really appreciate it!!! ^~^

Hi :),

Judging from your name I could say you are overseas Vietnamese, so happy to know that this series might help you impove Vietnamese :D.

We are so glad that by doing Engsub,  FY both seasons have  gained more fans outside Vietnam, so thank you for enjoying this drama with us. 

By the way, have you watched firts 5 eps of season 2? How do you think? Hope Engsub of eps 6+7 will come out soon.

God, catching up with all the latest episodes makes me desperately want to go back to Vietnam, especially Da Nang for obvious reasons. It's such a shame they weren't filming forever young when I was there in March. 

I'm still not feeling Kang Tae Oh's acting in this season 2. I feel he's so over Junsu that there's no character spirit in him. Fair play to him that it was all new and he gave everything he had in him in season 1 but he just seems so soulless in season 2.

However, I am really feeling Phong and his assistant this season. It makes this 2nd season so much more fun and entertaining which is what this season needs at the mo! Phong's character is such an improvement from needy desperate Khanh who in the end just got on everyone's nerves.

Let me know when subbed episode 6 & 7 are up @TTXFYoung  :heart:

@couchpotato_md Hello! :) . I am quite worried don't know how you would feel about the new spirit of season 2. Let's us know once you could start to watch... :D

@AnnieLDN :wub: How fun would be if you were able to see them in the resort right? 

Sadly I have to agree with you about Kang Tae Oh's acting issue, hopefully he will make us truly feel our JunSu again in next eps.

I am so glad to know you find this season entertaining thanks to the feeling about Phong's character. I was quite worried that you would stop watching after finish 1st ep :sweatingbullets: LOL...

I am looking to how Phong would fall in love with Linh, then get on JunSu's nerves :D That would be much fun. 

Sad new that the translation of ep 6&7 was done, but the raws are error so until now our subteam can not encode them yet :tears:, hopefully they could fix this problem soon, I will inform you guys here once they are done.

I hope the 6th and 7th episodes subbed in English will be launched as soon as possible.

My son is hard working due to mid term examinations so he has tried his best to complete all before watching the 8th ones, he has been waiting for Forever Young for a long week. I agree with you that the acting of Kang Tae Oh is not naturally like the previous season 1. Though he tried to act the love with Linh but I could not find it, it's almost fake. Maybe now when acting as the man who lost all memory after the age of 20, his acting is normal, no more Jun Su who loved Linh all by his heart, or maybe he would like to forget everything to start new life with Cynthia.

But in fact, I like to way of acting of Manh Truong who played the role of Phong, the scenario lets him as the worst guy but he's quite attractive but smart when creating many unbelievable activities. He is not too kind as Khanh in season 1 and the most important he's much taller than Khanh. That's main reason I vote for him in love with Linh :P.

For me two lovely couples Linh and Phong, Jace (new Junsu) and Cynthia. They have same countries, same languages, same culture. But for young people like my son or older than him, they desire to have the ending that Junsu and Linh come back and fall in love again.  

@dodomummim

Haha, I understand you ship Phong and Linh now... actually Phong's character is really interesting, and yeah I agree with you he will wholeheartedly love Linh when he realizes Linh is the right girl.  I've changed my mind toward him after watching 9 eps, but I won't ship him and Linh ...LOL... Linh belongs to JunSu, so does he. Phong or Cynthia's role that is to help JunSu to find himself back.

I like how the story goes, that is JunSu doesn't need to regain his memory too soon all for Linh's sake, he slowly realizes Linh must be someone really important in the past, he changes his attitude towards Linh then slowly fall in love for Linh again. I am waiting how Kang Tae Oh's acting ability would be when his memory is coming back later. That scenes require a good acting showing how JunSu's inner struggles.

The mature story of all adults makes season 2 really entertaining and promising in my opinion. Except some minus points I am satisfied so far. :wub:

2 hours ago, TTXFYoung said:

@dodomummim

Haha, I understand you ship Phong and Linh now... actually Phong's character is really interesting, and yeah I agree with you he will wholeheartedly love Linh when he realizes Linh is the right girl.  I've changed my mind toward him after watching 9 eps, but I won't ship him and Linh ...LOL... Linh belongs to JunSu, so does he. Phong or Cynthia's role that is to help JunSu to find himself back.

I like how the story goes, that is JunSu doesn't need to regain his memory too soon all for Linh's sake, he slowly realizes Linh must be someone really important in the past, he changes his attitude towards Linh then slowly fall in love for Linh again. I am waiting how Kang Tae Oh's acting ability would be when his memory is coming back later. That scenes require a good acting showing how JunSu's inner struggles.

The mature story of all adults makes season 2 really entertaining and promising in my opinion. Except some minus points I am satisfied so far. :wub:

When watching the preview of 9th episode - the accident of Korean couple in Danang street, my son and I shouted that the classic motif of old Korean dramas would let Jace (new Junsu) could recover his memory after the period of 20 years old backwards. Fortunately the scenario is not foolish like that :D

Now we can say that Jace is afraid of facing the past, he does not want to remind, not in the case he lost fully his memory, though maybe in his mind, the past seems in the mist not in the darkness. I hope the writer and director can let the string like Jace does not need to remember everything, he can start learning how to love a new Linh, don't let the past annoy all 4 people at present :D but it's impossible.

But I hate the way of make-up or make-up team, I'm sure that the faults belong to Vietnam because Korean team of make-up seems perfect. The Vietnamese ones made Junsu's face like white mask as ghost or zombie not handsome man, the fake nose of Linh and also fake face of Cynthia. Maybe I'm quite difficult like old woman but for me they are not minus points, they are really big ones :(

@dodomummim About the make-up, poor them, they were filmed under such a hard weather, the temperature was just too hot during the whole summer time, that made them really tired. I can see that they had to touch up make-up over and over again in each every single scene.

Ep 7, 8 are out, Enjoy all!

Ep 9 will coming soon!

GgCDF79.jpg?1

1oxslXt.png?1

WzkSjj2.jpg?1

AInzDAu.jpg?1

s7akcAD.jpg?1

yuAZckg.png?1

gWptvof.png?1

@TTXFYoung Thanks for your explanation relating to make-up problems in filming in Vietnam. You made me feel ashamed, you are  reasonable when explaining me caused by humidity and weather in Vietnam.

On the other hands, after finishing watching the 12 episode, I desire that Linh can feel the better change of Phong. He cannot realized that he truly loves Linh step by step so I don't like Jace and Linh come back again to love each other because Jace now is a totally different person in comparison with Junsu. He is not Junsu at the age of 24 years old, he avoided the time gap from 20 to 24 years old including love story with Linh. But at present, Linh and Jace have both grown and not still at the age of youth, I wish they can change their minds and keep everything like now, Linh and Phong, Jace and Cynthia :)

@dodomummim Been so busy lately that couldn't reply to you sooner. Don't feel that way, friend. I myself also don't like the make-up, hair-style, outfit particularly for JunSu this season. The darker colour fit him better. Anyway about the weather, I still remember when they were filmed the temperature was always 40 - 45 oC, summer this year was so much hotter than ever, we can see how terrible the weather was judging from watching the scenes. So I think that had effected to our actors actresses's acting and also the look.

Beside, I get what you meant about Phong- Linh / JunSu-Cynthia theory, but I still ship Linh and JunSu. I am so glad to see JunSu is now slowly falling in love with Linh again despite the fact that he still has no memory about Linh yet.

Eps 12 -13 are out! Enjoy all!

AxjV8qS.png?1

ADrSXM7.png?1

The drama is getting better and better in each episode, I hate the fact that they only show 2 eps each week.

JunSu begins to feel curious about the time after he turned 20, what happened to him, what was the true relationship between him and Linh, why does Linh keep taking care of him no matter what... He begins to feel jealous when Linh is with Phong...etc. All such things makes him really want to comeback to Korea for once after 3 years being abroad. At the same time Linh also has a sudden business trip to Korea, she was supposed to go with Phong but at the last minus Phong couldn't arrange his schedule due to some sudden stuffs, so he must stay and Linh goes to Korea all alone.

There, in Korea, she is coming back to the house where she had lived during the studying time 9 years ago together with JunSu. Everything now has changed, but this time she could not believe she would meet JunSu here once again. He now looks exactly the same compare to 9 years ago, everything seems so familiar, time seems to have stopped between them...

gmBRvvh.png?1

eeUHJDb.png

I can't wait for the next coming eps!

How amazing the previous episodes from 12th one to 15th one are :) and I was very surprised when Linh watched the half up body of Junsu. From that moment, I found out the love line between them is still alive and warmed up better and better. But in fact, I feel little regret relating to Phong, he must fall in love with Linh, though he has had much experiences of flirting girl by his money and his handsome effect, but he is still native when he wants to get attention of Linh.

Same to you, I feel that I cannot wait until next Wednesday for next episode and I'm afraid that during the Tet holidays (Lunar New Year), the drama will be not launched and we must stop keeping watching it.  

@dodomummim :phew: Finally you and I are in the same mood. What makes me feel so relived is that, at least Kang Tae Oh and Nha Phuong still can bring out a good chemistry, which we all miss from 1st season. I need their sweet chemistry coming back to the screen so desperately, since 1st ep was quite dissapointing. I guest after filming for a while Kang Tae Oh and Nha Phuong have finally found back the real emotion in their characters, their convincing chemistry is what we are seeking for after watching 15 eps. At least I can see my old JunSu is back...:wub: Their beautiful love in 1st season is the spirit of the whole story, if their chemistry was gone, then making 2nd season is so useless.

About Phong, I really like his character in this season, if he is in other drama, probably his character will be the main lead and will have the girl at the end, sadly for him, this drama is all about Linh & JunSu finding their way to get back together, so there will be no place for Phong or Cynthia to take in this messy love.

Kuddo to Phong, he makes this season more entertaining to watch. I hope there will be a reasonable ending for Phong and Cythia, I don't want to see them getting hurt, especially Cynthia. Although she gets on our nevers, however she helped JunSu to recover and supported him to pursue career in interior design. Above all of that, she is his fiance, no matter what her place in JunSu's life is undeniable, so I don't know how the directors would do to make this love line have a fine ending.

Archived