Nam Joo Hyuk 남주혁

melleri

18 hours ago, Sunny Lin said:

He really has this look and traits that makes his acting feel more genuine. 
I don't think I can handle it either if I were his co-star. I mean look at that smile, face and body behind the  scenes!! 

I don't blame his costar one bit if they zoom on him like bees to honey. :lol:

17 hours ago, Sunny Lin said:

I also like to commend his styling team especially his hair stylist for a job well done! 

Yes! I appreciate the respectful and adventurous vision of his stylists! I could be wrong but he looks like he is having fun in this shoot too? 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like dear JH is not taking a break after all...Both Soop and Kim Tae Ri’s agency have announced they are “positively considering” TvN drama Twenty Five, Twenty One (to be released later this year). At this stage, the script is revealed to be a story of love and youth during the turmoil of the 1998s, where JH’s proposed character Baek Yi Jin is a sports reporter. The theme of the drama is surely JH’s favorite at the moment. I’m also glad his partner would be a talent like Kim Tae Ri. 

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/311/0001280224

(Pic collage from their CF before)
spacer.png

• Like 2

7 hours ago, inBinJinitrust said:

Looks like dear JH is not taking a break after all...Both Soop and Kim Tae Ri’s agency have announced they are “positively considering” TvN drama Twenty Five, Twenty One (to be released later this year). At this stage, the script is revealed to be a story of love and youth during the turmoil of the 1998s, where JH’s proposed character Baek Yi Jin is a sports reporter. The theme of the drama is surely JH’s favorite at the moment. I’m also glad his partner would be a talent like Kim Tae Ri. 

I’m not kidding, I’ve been harboring hope for this pairing and yes I remember we all talked about the possibility of him being casted with either IU or Kim Tae Ri a few pages back. And HERE WE ARE! Wow. Still feels quite surreal to me, for the first time when I wanted a pairing to happen (and it even felt quite impossible because she seldom does dramas, and at a time when everyone has been casted left right center I must say I almost gave up hope that he would be casted in anything). 

hoping both accept, fingers crossed! Can’t wait to see how it will turn out to be. I can’t quite grasp the part around how it will be story that spans from 1998-2021. Like do they get old and get makeovers??? 

• Like 2

I think it would involve some sort of time jump through which the maturing journeys of the characters are depicted. 

I personally feel there are not that many impressive young actresses as yet (born in 1990 or after) compared to the previous generations of female sunbaes. Kim Tae Ri is one of the very few already critically acclaimed, so she would be a good pairing for JH. If they do say yes, I hope it would be a very well constructed, well directed project with unexpected twists rather than a slice of life kind of drama. The latter is tough to be well executed and will require a very strong script so as not to make the majority of the audience super bored and drop the drama halfway.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, inBinJinitrust said:

I think it would involve some sort of time jump through which the maturing journeys of the characters are depicted. 

I personally feel there are not that many impressive young actresses as yet (born in 1990 or after) compared to the previous generations of female sunbaes. Kim Tae Ri is one of the very few already critically acclaimed, so she would be a good pairing for JH. If they do say yes, I hope it would be a very well constructed, well directed project with unexpected twists rather than a slice of life kind of drama. The latter is tough to be well executed and will require a very strong script so as not to make the majority of the audience super bored and drop the drama halfway.

Yeah I hope the plot is thick enough! I haven’t watched Search WWW so not sure how good the writer is but let’s wait and see if they will accept the offer. 

wow it’s so annoying seeing how people write JooHyuk off just because they don’t like him when the show has not even started. Is this how all casting news for him is going to be? It’s my first time having his casting news after being a fan, and it’s just so ridiculous how people can be so dismissive. I guess it’s just a reflection of how mean people can be (even if they keep trying to say it’s nothing personal). I hope he never cares or let what people say get to him because what’s most important is he receives feedback from those that matter to him and not just haters that jump on every opportunity to hate on him. 

let’s hope they both accept the offer, if the script is good!! 

• Like 2

On 3/26/2021 at 11:23 PM, Sunny Lin said:

Hello @kawaiinoona! I remember you brought up this pairing. I can only imagine how happy you'll be once this news reaches you. :D

Hello hello! It wasn't me (was it @The Reel Life) but I did say that I support this pairing! This news was such a welcome shock! If they both accept the job, then I will gladly watch them! I can't fully imagine the story/plot yet though. That part I am dubious but I am happy to be surprised with a great plot from an obscure synopsis. 

I didn't watch Search WWW but I have seen good reviews. I watched the first episode when it first aired and my first impression was that it had strong women characters. 

Now, if he is cast with IU as leads any time in the future, I will die a happy woman. 

@The Reel Life don’t mind haters my dear, esp. those hypocritical ones who preach “it’s nothing personal but...”:sweatingbullets: the truth is they can’t dismiss JH’s achievements nor do they have any say whatsoever in what offers keep coming at him. I have seen a snippet from Unexpected Business (waiting for Eng sub so I can watch the whole episode) where Jo In Sung was praising JH and he was saying it was so hard to get JH on the show given how busy his schedule was, and that he really appreciated JH making time for his hyung. These sorts of indirect feedbacks speak volume and other than perhaps more awards I feel no other validation is necessary :wub:

22 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

22 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

wow it’s so annoying seeing how people write JooHyuk off just because they don’t like him when the show has not even started. Is this how all casting news for him is going to be?

It can be quite frustrating! Perhaps this may happen even to many celebs with a very wide fan base. There are bound to be some haters. (I used to not love Suzy and was rather neutral about her as I do not know her well until While You Were Sleeping came along and changed my mind about her. All I knew about her was from her appearances in Happy Together and Running Man). 

Edited by kawaiinoona
  • Like 1

On 3/27/2021 at 2:46 AM, The Reel Life said:

Still feels quite surreal to me, for the first time when I wanted a pairing to happen (and it even felt quite impossible because she seldom does dramas, and at a time when everyone has been casted left right center I must say I almost gave up hope that he would be casted in anything). 

I didn't expect this too! I thought we were just waiting for Here to happen. They just cant let this man  rest. :joy:

On 3/27/2021 at 10:50 PM, The Reel Life said:

It’s my first time having his casting news after being a fan, and it’s just so ridiculous how people can be so dismissive

They sound so insecure and ignorant to be honest. Obviously, they don't know he worked with 3 Baeksang actresses last year and he complemented well with all of them. 

I agree with @inBinJinitrust they cant dismiss the fact that he's young and successful. Directors and writers are digging his image. And he has solid number of fans. 

• Like 1

In our first year of high school, they told everyone to present our career goals to the class. I said, 'I am going to be model', and all the kids laughed at me. So then I said to myself, 'Just you all wait and see. I'm gonna make it happen in 3 years'. And I did make it happen in 3 years. It was because I had that goal set in my mind." 

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2021/04/nam-joo-hyuk-talks-about-being-laughed-at-when-he-told-his-high-school-classmates-that-he-wanted-to-be-a-model

D70-ED626-0-E89-42-ED-92-FB-55-EA2-A4-B2

• Like 2

Well, it was a treat, watching Joo Hyuk in Unexpected Business. As a new fan, shall I weigh in on his guest appearance?

I think he loves connecting with children. His eyes lit up, and his voice and gestures were soft and gentle with the kids. My heart melted. He didn't say much to the kids as he was probably shy. But small smiles, gentle voice and actions are just fine to me. 

He was probably so enduring that even his sunbaenims linked arms or gave his head a gentle pat as a sign of affection. 

As a fan, I thoroughly enjoyed his quiet presence onscreen. His bare face, the dark shadows under his eyes, his shaggy hair, were rather refreshing and relatable. And his anxiousness regarding his mistakes were rather normal to a lot of us who are starting something new. Glad Yoo Jae Suk made that call and assured him that his blunders are exactly what the variety PDs would want and enjoy.

Was rather sad to see him go home after his part-time role at the store! Hope to see him on screen again soon. 

Edited by kawaiinoona
  • Like 2

I think I found an uncut version of their drinking session on youtube! Love his bare face also! Thankful for the director for giving us zoom shots. 

He is so beautiful inside -out. The fact that his seniors vouch for him says a lot. Jo Insung praised his attitude and growth as an actor while Byung eun intentionally mentioned that NJH is a really nice guy who is matured for his age. The way his hyung's look and act towards Joohyuk show how much they love him. I'm just happy he is surrounded by these men. 

His good disposition and character shines through, as expected. I guess no matter where you put him, he'll always be this deep and shy man with great humility. In the store, he was so concerned by the 400won mistake he had , but when there was a kid who didn't have enough money to pay for a chocolate, NJH voluntarily gave it.  I was moved when he genuinely said to Insung "please keep it a secret till the end". He knows its his duty to make sure the store earns but his good character still ruled over him. 

I just love this man so much. I feel so bad for people who still dont know who is Nam Joo Hyuk. 

• Like 2

On 4/11/2021 at 2:12 PM, inBinJinitrust said:

@kawaiinoonai really like to see him bare faced like this, real, manly and just the way he is. The image is the similar in The School nurse files, minimal dolling up and no pink lips :sweatingbullets:  He is always very sweet with kids and he also said he wanted to marry in his early 30s so we will see about that one haha

Bare faced Joo Hyuk is handsome! Can't stop looking honestly. Looking at the details like shadows and marks and redness. Yes let us see if he does get married in his early 30s! And see how many children he may have! 

On 4/11/2021 at 2:26 PM, Sunny Lin said:

I think I found an uncut version of their drinking session on youtube! Love his bare face also! Thankful for the director for giving us zoom shots. 

Great find! Love it! A pity I don't understand Korean. Years of watching kdrama and kvariety don't help me learn at all. I'm spoiled with subs or fan subs. 

I suspect his continuous licking of his upper teeth became a habit from his time wearing braces! Can't help but see what he is doing from the zoom shots. Hee. 

Edited by kawaiinoona
  • Like 1