Nam Joo Hyuk 남주혁

melleri

Really love to see the kind of answers JH would give to interview questions are as expected as he is still the same sincere young man over the years :heart: Here’s to cheer for 2021 and wish him the best in becoming a trusted name for good projects as he wishes- “JH agreed to do this drama/ movie. It must be good”

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Hallo!!  Passing by.  Keke!! Good to see some familiar chingus here.  :)

Not sure whether this is shared.  Eng sub of their interview.  Although NJH did not follow Ji Min IG.  They do seem very close.  Having so much fun watching this.  Ji Min keep reminding NJH to say the truth.  Keke!  

Credit to author

@inBinJinitrust, i am also a long time GY fan too.  I actually know Ji Min later than GY.  But become more bias of her than GY now.  Haha!  I love the chemistry that she is having with NJH.  They are really comfortable with each other.

• Like 2

Hi chingu @tok-soompi :wub: nice to see you here. Yes I try to keep this thread going as a tribute to JH. The boy’s fan base is mostly young so they don’t visit soompi much. They are a lot more active on IG, Fb and Twitter. Do come by from time to time to make the thread more lively (here and in GY thread tooB))

I agree and I think like Ji Min shared when she was asked “what is NJH to you”, she treats him like JIS would, ie. a good younger brother. Ji Min and JH have quite a few commonalities in their characters and get along very well. Moreover it is very hard NOT to be fond of each other after they already had two such tear jerking projects together :heart: I’m so happy that they are close. There is much for JH to learn from Ji Min:wub: 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Yes there is much to learn from NJH.  But surprisingly there is much to learn for Ji Min too.  According to the interview i shared earlier, NJH teased that he is surprise Ji Min does not know many things.  Haha!  And he is good at explaining to her.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

@tok-soompi generation gap haha. My youngest sister who is around JH’s age is my technology and social media guru as an example :D lots for me to learn. Although the fact is that JH is quite an old soul for his age. I remember Ji Min mentioned JH recommends lots of old songs to her. She said he would tell her this particular type of situation would be suited to a certain song, etc 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I am still in a musical mode B)

JH’s first acting experience was from the MV 200% by AKMU (2014) and it was after this that he thought more seriously about becoming an actor. Soon he made his acting debut with a supporting role in The Idle Mermaid and a year later, his first lead role in School 2015

Fast forward to 2018, 4 years later and this time the actor JH invited Soo Hyun from AKMU to duet with him at his fan meeting :)

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

On 1/2/2021 at 8:27 PM, inBinJinitrust said:

Continuing my series of promoting jjwogi the singer. This time is the 23 year old version with a cute dinosaur on his jeans B) (White Night- Zitten cover)

I wonder if he played that guitar he was carrying:wub:

Whoa so good! In his usual videos, he is always sheepish, shy, but in this video, he sings and carries himself (even body language) like a pro! It’s like he’s really lost in his own world and appreciating the song. 

Btw I’ve finally finished watching WFKBJ. Finished in 7 days lol. Loved the show! Although I was personally not interested in all the weightlifting hijinks between the coaches and the love story with BJ’s uncle’s plot, the rest of the show was pure perfection. Here’s a mini review from me!

1. What can I say - BJ and JH are just the heart and soul of this wonderfully heartfelt, relatable and earnest show. Their friendship and love story were so so genuine, you could really feel like you were watching a real frenemies to besties to lovers journey. Everything was just so honest!
2. Bok Joo is so very relatable, and everything they portrayed in the show was really how university life was for most people, I imagine. I remember watching one scene where Bok Joo sneaked out to speak to JH one the phone when she was in Taerung, and how he fell asleep on her when she had to stay up to secretly talk to him after everyone is asleep. That totally reminded me of my university days. That’s why they really took all the coming of age experiences and put it in a show, it’s just so darn realistic. 
3. The show is amazing in the sense that it straddles between realistic, relatable yet surreal at the same time. Surreal in the sense that - how can there possibly be a JH in this world?? But yet again, I don’t doubt that there is someone like that. (But I doubt that the person would be THAT HOT AND WELL BUILT at the same time lol). JH is just goals and ideals in all sense of those words. 
4. I loved how the show normalized seeking mental health therapy too, although I wish more time and attention was given towards the impact and outcome of the therapy on the lives of our young ones. 
5. And I can see how you said that the character just felt like NJH playing himself. I remember watching a very old interview (2014?) of his in which he said that actually he’s someone that likes to play pranks on people. I can see how he not just fits into the character, but IS the character himself too. I loved Joon Hyung to pieces in this show, and I can imagine how he built a cult following after! 
6. I love the OST “Dream” by Han Hee Jung. Each time it played it gave me all the warm and fuzziness haha. 

I’m curious, what are people’s fav scenes in this show? 
Mine were definitely the theme park and snowfall scene haha. And Joon Hyung’s scenes with his family and his real mum in Episode 15 was amazingggg too. 

Speaking of which, I just wanted to say, if everyone said that NJH was very like his character in WFKBJ, then it further makes me think that he has truly matured and in some ways, is slightly mellow now? If I did not see him in WFKBJ, I would have thought he was a very reserved and serious person. Someone who watched Start Up and started following his career too told me that he looks very serious, both in personality and looks haha. I am not a long enough fan, I only know that he’s shy and likes making corny jokes (LOL) for sure, past and current, but I wonder if he has taken a more cautious approach to his public life these days it seems! Anyhow, understand that we barely know even 10% of a celebrity’s real life, and what we see is all reel, so maybe he’s the goofball with close friends still haha. 

• LOL 1
  • Awesome 1

@The Reel Life (ps. congrats on LJS’s army discharge) I love your review, I didn’t love WFKBJ but watching it brought many smiles to my face that was for sure :). I totally got why until today it is so hard for fans to let go of Bok Joo and Joon Hyung (ie picture JH with any other girl reel or real). My absolute favorite scene was also the snow scene. And yes agreed, IRL there are guys with Joon Hyung’s lovely characters but perhaps minus the hot body and handsome face haha. I do think JH is still goofy with people he is comfortable with, but in public eyes he is more restrained which is mature and natural as he ages.

On another note I think I shall finish the musical series with this oldest video of baby JH during the Back to School variety show. Cute :wub:

• LOL 1

1 hour ago, inBinJinitrust said:

On another note I think I shall finish the musical series with this oldest video of baby JH during the Back to School variety show. Cute :wub:

Aww pls don’t end this musical series yet! (Unless there are no more videos haha). I loved all the clips you shared, love discovering what a singer he enjoys being. Haha, I think his singing has definitely improved down the years too :P

yea I get why WFKBJ wouldn’t be your fav show, I doubt I would have even batted an eye and watch it if it wasn’t for NJH in the show. It’s totally not my genre haha. I much prefer thrillers, dramas and melos. I admitted that I fastforwarded a lot of non JH and BJ scenes lol. 

And thanks for rmbring that I like LJS!! Despite being discharged there is still no casting news :sweatingbullets: for some odd reason, I feel like I’m looking forward to NJH’s next casting news more though... it’s like first time being a fan of his and I wanna experience what it’s like to learn about his casting news!! LJS is already pretty much established and experienced so I’m not too worried about him but I find myself hoping that NJH truly gets the offer he deserves. His last project before going to the army is quite important, hopefully going to be a good one so that people can remember and look forward to his return. 

have you watched Josee btw? 

On 1/6/2021 at 1:25 PM, tok-soompi said:

Not sure whether this is shared.  Eng sub of their interview.  Although NJH did not follow Ji Min IG.  They do seem very close.  Having so much fun watching this.  Ji Min keep reminding NJH to say the truth.  Keke!

Thank you for sharing this! I noticed that this particular YouTube user has been very generous in translating all the interviews that I really wanted to know but couldn’t understand, so am super thankful to the person! Now I’m hoping he/she will translate more haha, especially those 40-min long radio interviews they did while promoting josee :winkx:

• Love 1

I read another NJH interview article today that had slightly new (past) information:

When Nam Joo-hyuk played the lead role with Jo In-sung in the 2018 film "Ansi-sung," (it was said by some that) "I think all the rookie awards at this year's film awards will go to actor Nam Joo-hyuk." At that time, Nam Joo-hyuk replied with a serious face, "Thank you, but I don't have much greed for the rookie actor award. If there are people who do better than me, they should receive it. "I don't have much greed for the award," he said. 

It was very impressive to see him shaking his head with his answer and stirring whether he would continue to praise himself. It was impressive to see him hate the praise for himself. In short, he seemed to have chosen to step up one step at a time in the world of acting as the driving force behind his strict assessment of himself. 

This just makes the fact that him receiving the award even though he has no expectations and greed for it even sweeter, hopefully he felt truly validated of his growing acting skills!! He’s way too humble! 

Im so excited to see his movie with Han Ji Min, and later “Remember” with Lee Sung Min. Fingers crossed the latter movie will be shown on Netflix... 

2 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

Thank you, but I don't have much greed for the rookie actor award. If there are people who do better than me, they should receive it. "I don't have much greed for the award,"

@The Reel Life see this short clip for the difference in the attitude of the nominees for Blue Dragon “best new actor” :heart:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqhfHV2ByzU/?igshid=1eceszrdu8h74

About the singing haha, if you can suggest to JH to widen his repertoire then I’ll be able to share other songs too :D otherwise till now JH just loves to sing the same old songs again and again. Not sure if you have watched this silly show but I’m sharing one episode as below. Lots of live singing lol.  JH and his best friend Ji Soo participated in season 4 (this was in 2016). The total 6 episodes are not that long and his goofy side is well shown :mrgreen:. I like that in this show the cameras were hidden and they didn’t know when they were filmed so the interactions were not “staged”

p/s I’m also impatiently waiting for Josee being available digitally. And “Remember” next year. Fingers crossed he will land a blockbuster for lasting impression before disappearing for 2 years serving the army xx

• Like 2

1 hour ago, inBinJinitrust said:

Loved the new photo shoot so much I have to re share here :wub:

Yes yes yes!!! did you see the Dior one for W magazine too? Smokin’ hot. I really like his look after he bulked up more haha. Happy he’s got a new endorsement in TopTen! Wonder what’s next for him.. still patiently waiting for casting news hehe 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKD3zCZpiZ1/?igshid=1sbec522s5awg

• Like 1

@The Reel Life yes I love that one too, he can rock any image, from innocent school boy to sexy lofty chap B)

did you find the article on posting photos on soompi helpful? I’m still waiting for the photo collection you mentioned :D

This is so funny:wub: JH with that lovely soft voice attempting to be a morning alarm clock