Nam Joo Hyuk 남주혁

melleri

On 1/16/2021 at 5:49 PM, inBinJinitrust said:

I love that one too, he can rock any image, from innocent school boy to sexy lofty chap B)

did you find the article on posting photos on soompi helpful? I’m still waiting for the photo collection you mentioned 

Your description is so funny! Sexy lofty chap hahaha. 

yes it was helpful, but I haven’t had the chance to do it yet, drowning in work at the beginning of the year haha. Will get it done soon, hopefully within the next couple of weekends. I’m a total newbie in any editing though so will try to see what nice growth and transformation pictures I can come up with hehe. 

Enjoyed the Soop voice content too! I actually really like his tone. Deep and soothing but not toooo deep. Only wish they made it a video with his face lol. I need to find a way to make it an mp3 and then make it my real phone alarm :heart2beat:

ive also watched the last video you shared. He’s such a shy person! That interview was 2019, wonder if he would still say the same today, that he would still be embarrassed to confess his love. So unexpected coming from such a handsome man who is admired by millions haha. 

I also loved how he reminisced when he was shooting the MV for AKMU in Okinawa and said he still remembers those times. Such a nostalgic and grateful person! 

• Like 1

@The Reel Life hi ^^, same here I’ve been really swamped with year end work and have been away from the forum altogether. BUT have to log in today as some kind soul has shared the photos from the Feb 21 issue of WKorea. spacer.png

6-C1-E4-FA4-1353-464-C-9-F27-7-AAEB410-A

4-ABF31-D6-4-DC0-4-AEF-A563-AE213-D9-E35

And holy moly, below comes my favorite shot:heart::heart:

243-CD0-F7-B8-B5-4639-BC29-C768-F7557633

JH seems to be in a hiatus atm other than fulfilling his Dior ambassador duty. Hope he is enjoying his much deserved break. I am so looking forward to his coming birthday xx

• Like 2

Hello!! I'm a new fan of the actor since Start up and has been looking up anything related to him. Would like to hear your thoughts and updates about NJH. 
Anyway, I really find him deep, authentic, and down-to-earth. I wish for his success. 
   @The Reel Life

Sad that he is in a hiatus at the moment . But I agree that he deserves this short break. He still has an upcoming drama that I  heard would involve a lot of travelling. 

Though, I hope  he'd posts  anything personally related to him  aside from all promotional stuff. Like the one posted by park byun eun on his instagram (although I guess their shooting a variety show) 
  @inBinJinitrust

• Like 1

Yes, I understand.  I also realized that he's more focused on being a good actor and giving us good works rather than mere followers/popularity.  As usual, I admire him more lol. 

Anyway here's NJH working in very cold weather. How professional. 
I really like his recent Dior photoshoot. :) 

spacer.png

• Like 1

Hi All! Newbie here. I recently became a new obsessed fan of Joo Hyuk due to his Start Up character and portrayal of Nam Do San, and his glow up (I am simple), and I am glad that I rather enjoy his interviews. They are thoughtful, insightful, relatable and with depth. I love artsy celebs too so that's a bonus! 

I do remember him in Surplus Princess when it aired as I love that drama for all its wit and quirkiness. He was the most handsome and charming but not yet an imprint in my heart. He and LSK were a joy to watch in Weightlifting Fairy. I watched that as it aired too but LSK and the story were the main draws at that time for me. I can't remember him in Scarlet and Cheese in the Trap though! I I abandoned both halfway. 

I watched School Nurse files mainly for Jung Yumi, dropped it after a few minutes (I can be quite impatient) but picked it up again while watching Start Up as I was curious about how NJH acts. Well, I fell for NJH's character here as well. (manly and gorgeous yet again) 

While watching Start Up, I searched for him on YouTube and discovered Light in Your Eyes (he was amazing and gorgeous). I fell right into his emotive eyes. I totally believed that he fell for Han Ji Min's character. 

His depth in interviews made me wonder about who as FL he might match well with (reel and real life). This is only pure fun though! Please no hate! I thought IU can be a good match with him in a melo, or a mystery psycho thriller. Do you all have an idea of who he might act with? Either male or female? 

Haebak: Will not watch. Even with all my love for NJH. 

Watched Josee. No spoilers. Although I love his multiple micro expressions, this character he played I personally think is not my favourite. A friend likes the movie overall. Yet to watch The Great Battle through. Is he good there? 

By the way, @inBinJinitrust, I am also a fan of Gong Yoo, among others! And I am in the  group of lady fans born in the 80s so I will probably stand out in a NJH fan meet! Haha!

Will drop by here from time to time!

• Like 2

https://www.soompi.com/article/1451941wpp/watch-jo-in-sung-and-cha-tae-hyuns-new-variety-show-drops-1st-teaser-nam-joo-hyuk-confirmed-as-guest

some more info on the variety show. “The program will show the process in which two men who are used to city life take up the unexpected business of running an old supermarket in a rural village.” Now that already sounds funny, not to mention the host is Cha Tae Hyun :D although surely JH would have agreed to guest because of his hyung Jo In Sung.

It’s been a long while that he hasn’t been on this kind of variety show. Back in Welcome Back to School he was still a baby (cunning during exam time though haha) :wub: His cute, goofy side came out more in 3 Meals a Day and and Celeb Bros. Then came Coffee Friends from which his kind hearted and caring nature made me so proud. Really looking forward to this show, apparently he had already finished filming his episode!

@kawaiinoona welcome here :) We are from the same generation. As always I’d like to borrow a line from his character Habaek (terrible drama though don’t watch haha) about himself- once you fall for him there is no way out B). I am his long time noona supporter. I can’t speak for everyone here, but in all honesty I love everything about him. His outlook in life, attitude, sincerity, driven nature, talent and look, everything is just so my type :heart: And yes please watch the Great Battle, it is a good movie and JH so deserved the Blue Dragon Award he won

p/s I’m still waiting for Josee to be available where I am. But years ago I had watched the Jap version and didn’t like the male lead character either. JH’s character will more or less be similar as the story is the same. Yet I’m still looking forward to him convincing me to like his portrayal of the story, which I’m sure he will. He has that charm and power xx

6 hours ago, inBinJinitrust said:

@The Reel Life This one is for you

I feel so bad that I still have not uploaded the before after pics of how he bulked up as promised :sweats: will do so real soonnnnn it’s cominggggg hahah. I think I like his high cut photo shoot the best! The black and white one in the middle!

And welcome @kawaiinoona! So good to have another one more NJH fan here. I still follow his fan Twitter accounts but honestly enjoy Soompi-type conversations and interactions much more. There feels like there is a lot of toxicity happening on Twitter by his anti-fans, and sometimes it is so ridiculous to read gosh. The peace here in his Soompi Forum is just pure bliss. @inBinJinitrust has been feeding us with good ol’ (and new) NJH content, so thankful! I too love his personality and how gentle and kind yet cheeky he can be. His attitude and approach towards life is very admirable indeed. 

interestingly, I have also thought that IU would be a nice match in a melodrama for him. Another one I would like to see him act with is Kim Tae Ri. I feel like he is abit like LJS in the sense that I think they shine more when they act with Noonas. (Nonetheless his chemistry with Suzy was still very good). As for male actors, it would be a dream if he acted with my other fav Jang Hyuk hahaha. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

And welcome @kawaiinoona! So good to have another one more NJH fan here. I still follow his fan Twitter accounts but honestly enjoy Soompi-type conversations and interactions much more. There feels like there is a lot of toxicity happening on Twitter by his anti-fans, and sometimes it is so ridiculous to read gosh. The peace here in his Soompi Forum is just pure bliss. @inBinJinitrust has been feeding us with good ol’ (and new) NJH content, so thankful! I too love his personality and how gentle and kind yet cheeky he can be. His attitude and approach towards life is very admirable indeed

I can’t help but wonder what’s wrong with these haters lol and why there are so many of them in the world :sweatingbullets: like I have said in the SU thread, Do San is actually the only reason I stayed on and finished the drama. I got fed up with all the stupid unreasonable hates and the cheesy 2nd lead bandwagon. But Do San is just too adorable. I will always pick him over the K drama “prince charming” Ji Pyeong anytime. In fact all the moments that got my heart flutter came from Do San, such an honest and devoted guy with his quirky sexy brilliant brain. 

what’s most annoying with the continued hate on Twitter and other platforms is that they always hashtag JH, even in posts praising that other actor lol. Those new fans of this actor obviously are so insecure and want to borrow JH’s legacy to make their posts noticeable. Not impressed 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

hello @kawaiinoona!! I was so pleased to read your post because I also admire NJH's portrayal of Nam Do San as well as his interviews! Currently, I am into his past variety shows and watching him is like a treat.  I see him as a son that every mother would love to have or a friend that you'd be proud of to introduce to your parents. His jokes can get lamer but I would still laugh at it. :D
I can also see the chemistry with IU.  In this video, when they were asked who will they fall in love with if they were the female lead, IU pointed at NJH. Ofcourse I know they're talking about the characters, but it still made my heart flutter and low-key hoping they'll have a drama together. 

• Like 1

On 2/2/2021 at 12:06 PM, inBinJinitrust said:

@kawaiinoona welcome here :) We are from the same generation. As always I’d like to borrow a line from his character Habaek (terrible drama though don’t watch haha) about himself- once you fall for him there is no way out B). I am his long time noona supporter. I can’t speak for everyone here, but in all honesty I love everything about him. His outlook in life, attitude, sincerity, driven nature, talent and look, everything is just so my type :heart: And yes please watch the Great Battle, it is a good movie and JH so deserved the Blue Dragon Award he won

p/s I’m still waiting for Josee to be available where I am. But years ago I had watched the Jap version and didn’t like the male lead character either. JH’s character will more or less be similar as the story is the same. Yet I’m still looking forward to him convincing me to like his portrayal of the story, which I’m sure he will. He has that charm and power xx

No way out? Hee. Then I am glad I have some peers here who I can be with on this journey! Hope I can get some good info about him from you! I will start with reading the posts here! 

His personality is very endearing. I am riveted. He expresses and describes people, situations and life principles really well which made me really curious and thirsty for more! I like his Gentleness and kind hearted words and actions in interviews too. When he teases, it is a lot of heart fluttering fun for me! Hee. 

I hope you get to watch Josee soon. Curious about how you review it. I didn't watch the Japanese movie. Perhaps I shouldn't say more in fear of spoilers. Many loved the movie, and find the actors worked hard on the roles. I am impressed with NJH's ability to emote that's for sure. I believe that with the right team, he can shine in melo, and even thriller. I want him to play a bad dude for once. 

I am going to look up The Great Battle! 

On 2/3/2021 at 1:41 AM, The Reel Life said:

I feel so bad that I still have not uploaded the before after pics of how he bulked up as promised :sweats: will do so real soonnnnn it’s cominggggg hahah. I think I like his high cut photo shoot the best! The black and white one in the middle!

And welcome @kawaiinoona! So good to have another one more NJH fan here. I still follow his fan Twitter accounts but honestly enjoy Soompi-type conversations and interactions much more. There feels like there is a lot of toxicity happening on Twitter by his anti-fans, and sometimes it is so ridiculous to read gosh. The peace here in his Soompi Forum is just pure bliss. @inBinJinitrust has been feeding us with good ol’ (and new) NJH content, so thankful! I too love his personality and how gentle and kind yet cheeky he can be. His attitude and approach towards life is very admirable indeed. 

interestingly, I have also thought that IU would be a nice match in a melodrama for him. Another one I would like to see him act with is Kim Tae Ri. I feel like he is abit like LJS in the sense that I think they shine more when they act with Noonas. (Nonetheless his chemistry with Suzy was still very good). As for male actors, it would be a dream if he acted with my other fav Jang Hyuk hahaha. 

Hello @The Reel Life! I am sure I will be grateful for that future post on his transition from you!

Anti-fan posts still going on?? I don't get it either. I shake my head reading those posts from trolls. It goes to show how perhaps the Jipyeong character may illicit these kind of responses. I used to not have hate for Jipyeong as he is lovely is some ways, but this character is starting to lose some more of my favour as the toxicity is pushing me towards me finding more good points of Do San from fans who post supportive comments about Do San's soft and supportive nature. I am glad I have the forum here and some more fan accounts to support Do San and NJH in peace. 

Yay! Another peer supports the idea of Jiwogi and IU! I am not alone! IU really engages me and knocks me off with her emotional punches. I am her fan by the way. I love her songs and her acting. Her interview with her brother on life made me think that she and NJH are old souls who may have a lot to talk about together in a conversation. That chemistry might just work on screen. 

I believe he had great chemistry with Suzy too. Their story could have been better without the love triangle though. (I currently ship them. Not sure how long this will last though). I kinda agree that he works really well with noonas. Jung Yumi is another example. 

Jang Hyuk! That's interesting! Hmmm. This is going to be fun..thinking of matches with NJH. 

Edited by kawaiinoona
Forgot to add in info.

On 2/3/2021 at 8:59 AM, inBinJinitrust said:

I can’t help but wonder what’s wrong with these haters lol and why there are so many of them in the world :sweatingbullets: like I have said in the SU thread, Do San is actually the only reason I stayed on and finished the drama. I got fed up with all the stupid unreasonable hates and the cheesy 2nd lead bandwagon. But Do San is just too adorable. I will always pick him over the K drama “prince charming” Ji Pyeong anytime. In fact all the moments that got my heart flutter came from Do San, such an honest and devoted guy with his quirky sexy brilliant brain. 

what’s most annoying with the continued hate on Twitter and other platforms is that they always hashtag JH, even in posts praising that other actor lol. Those new fans of this actor obviously are so insecure and want to borrow JH’s legacy to make their posts noticeable. Not impressed 

Yes! Do San is the one who made my heart beat so strong! This human character is so soft and supportive and nurturing and brilliant. He is our own Prince that's for sure. I really can't imagine anyone else playing Do San. I hate to think about NJH reading those hate comments. I even believe that this hate resulted in the lack of promotional photos and videos of Suzy and NJH. I am very grateful that Suzy continued to post photos of her and NJH during SU airing. To me, her photos support their characters and their partnership and that no amount of hate is going to change her opinion.

On 2/3/2021 at 11:07 AM, Sunny Lin said:

hello @kawaiinoona!! I was so pleased to read your post because I also admire NJH's portrayal of Nam Do San as well as his interviews! Currently, I am into his past variety shows and watching him is like a treat.  I see him as a son that every mother would love to have or a friend that you'd be proud of to introduce to your parents. His jokes can get lamer but I would still laugh at it. :D
I can also see the chemistry with IU.  In this video, when they were asked who will they fall in love with if they were the female lead, IU pointed at NJH. Ofcourse I know they're talking about the characters, but it still made my heart flutter and low-key hoping they'll have a drama together. 

Hello @Sunny Lin! Yay another person likes the idea of NJH and IU in a drama! Ooooo this made me flutter too! IU, you made me want to watch his scenes in Scarlet! Please casting directors. Make this happen.

Do San has become one of the most memorable leads. So fresh and different. I can't imagine anyone else playing him. Do San made me want someone like him in a healthy relationship. Soft, supportive, devoted, sees me as equal. Brilliant and driven. 

I remember reading NJH's interview that he wants to show all sides of him. Otherwise, he will feel trapped. And that alone validates my liking for him. Heck, he even encourages me to be at home with my quirks and awkwardness and not allow others to shame me for who I am. He teaches me that if people comment about how I am, like not comfortable with eye contact, I will say yes I am that way, and not feel disqualified. 

I am glad I became his fan now. 

Edited by kawaiinoona
To be more kind
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, kawaiinoona said:

Anti-fan posts still going on?? I don't get it either. I shake my head reading those posts from trolls. It goes to show how the Jipyeong character illicit these kind of responses. I used to not have hate for Jipyeong as he is lovely is some ways, but this character is starting to lose some more of my favour as the toxicity is pushing me towards me finding more good points of Do San from fans who post supportive comments about Do San's soft and supportive nature. I am glad I have the forum here and some more fan accounts to support Do San and NJH in peace. 

Oh I couldn't agree more!  Couldn't help but wonder if bashing is what the character brings out in them...

I hope some fans learn to cheer for their bias without bringing down others.  After all, the actors and staff worked hard to give us a good drama that led to the attention the actors are getting right now.  NJH himself has pure intentions with every actors in StartUp.  In NJH words : “I want to become a tree-like actor who can make a forest rather than an actor like a flower blooming alone.” [Star@Style] https://m.atstar1.com/view.php?uid=202012221018490910#photoen 

Honestly, the hate makes me want to root for NJH more. If you have any ideas how I can support the actor productively please share it with me.  :wub:

Edited by Sunny Lin
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, kawaiinoona said:

Do San has become one of the most memorable leads. So fresh and different. I can't imagine anyone else playing him. Do San made me want someone like him in a healthy relationship. Soft, supportive, devoted, sees me as equal. Brilliant and driven. If I have a daughter who hates on Do San, I would shake my head in disbelief. Silly girl

Same. I would also want to meet someone like Dosan who gives all his support to the one he loves.  The way he trusts Dalmi is so empowering for a woman.  I'd totally fall for that type of character in reality. 
It's a major bonus if he is as hot as Nam Joo Hyuk. :lol:

3 hours ago, kawaiinoona said:

I remember reading NJH's interview that he wants to show all sides of him. Otherwise, he will feel trapped. And that alone validates my liking for him. Heck, he even encourages me to be at home with my quirks and awkwardness and not allow others to shame me for who I am. He teaches me that if people comment about how I am, like not comfortable with eye contact, I will say yes I am that way, and not feel disqualified. 

I am happy you feel this way. I also learned a lot about life from his interviews. Imagine he's only 26, but his depth and maturity impress me. 

• Like 1

Recent video from twosome place. :) NJH sporting different hairstyles from time to time.
He is so shy and it's too adorable :lol:

I think one way we can support him is by watching and supporting his endorsements  :) 

Edited by Sunny Lin