[OFFICIAL] Oh Yeah Couple || Oh Min Suk && Kang Ye Won ||

Guest stoicbot

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In oredr to send notifications I put those IDs who pressed "like" on my message before.(about MS article)

@se7enheaven @phoenixcv @dinaz  @marnny  @susantie09_st  @mcleen

Hello ladies, 

It's been a while since I wrote a comment last time. Although I said I would come back soon with my comment about the interview, I’ve been busy with my work and couldn’t have enough time to write……I’ve felt sorry about keeping you waiting for a long time……

[MS’s interviews]

2016.1.16   http://sports.donga.com/3/all/20160115/75925508/2

2016.1.1 (Interviewed on Dec 30)    http://www.newdaily.co.kr/news/article.html?no=295543 

2015.12.8 (Interviewed on Nov 25 or 26)

http://m.bntnews.hankyung.com/apps/news.view?aid=201512080032063&media=bntMobileStyle

So some of you wanted to know how I think about MS’s latest interview. I assume that you felt uneasy about it because of his answers on which style he likes more (YW or costar) and his marriage plan (no special plans). Am I correct? Well, even Korean fans of DC got uneasy that weekend, so it might be natural to have felt in that way…

Okay, here are how I think and see: 

<The reason MS didn’t choose YW>

The interviewer asks, “Now you are with YW in WGM and with SYE in drama. Their images are different. Which style you like more.” Then he says, “It’s difficult to choose because they are so different.”

Why didn’t he choose from 2 types? Since you have already read all of my comments before, I think you could easily guess what I’m gonna write about this:sweatingbullets:

He CANNOT choose because he is in two production now. Even if he was not in two productions, I think he would not choose. If I were in his position, I would not answer this question. Why? Because it’s rude to pick one. He has to meet both of them not only during shootings but also in the future….

Then what did I think about after reading his answer (avoiding answer)? Well Good job!! He just got better to handle interviews. Do you remember the ep in which MS and YW had an argument over his drama conference about his ideal type? He chose SYE because she was there and YW understood MS’s situation. Yet she said if she was asked the same question, she would not answer because one of them might feel upset. What did he say to her? “It was the first time for me in such a situation so I made a mistake. But I’ll do better next time.” Then he did well this time. Good job MS!

However, the most important part of this question is next!!

Interviewer askes, “What kind of woman is your ideal?” then MS answers, “No special preference. If she has any interesting/fascinating aspects, she attracts my attention. I’ll be attracted to a woman who has something I don’t have. I also feel a powerful pull to surprise and unexpected/unpredictable charms.”

Okay, please go back to ep1,2 (or more?) in Jeju. How many times did MS say “unexpected” about YW? He clearly stated that he wants to know her more seeing her unexpected aspects.

So whom he is talking about? It’s obvious, isn’t it? He is talking about YW.

You know, I have actually been curious about why some of you emphasis on his former “ideal” woman, I mean previous one like angel type. I assume that those who emphasis on ideal could be…..young and have ideals/hopes in everything? Which is good though, since 10s and 20s should or must have them. But MS/YW and I are in the same generation and old enough to know harsh reality. Ideal type is just an image. He is not an idol, so don’t emphasis on his ideal woman. It’s nothing especially after meeting YW who is her own woman and unique. He cannot get enough from ordinary woman anymore.:sweatingbullets:

<Marriage plan>

MS answers that no special plan and doesn’t think he “must” do that. But when he finds a right person, he will get married and if so, he wants to get married before he turns 40. Interviewer asks if he wants to feel get married seeing his niece. He said that he loves babies but adores only his niece and doesn’t have any plan to have a family very soon.

Hmmm….I think his answer is a good one though. You know, when you have an interview, you don’t need to be completely honest and you can choose what you talk about and not talk. His answer is a general answer. So-so one. Yet, thinking of his current situation, if he said he has a plan, then readers would be like…with whom? Since he is in WGM now, I think his general answer to this kind of question is correct one.

Then again the important part comes next:

After saying he doesn’t have any plan to have a family soon, he continues, “even though it’s a virtual, I’m now have been married?” He means that he is now virtually married so he doesn’t even think about real marriage.

I think all of you know how he adores/takes care of Romy& Yomy. No doubt he loves children as well. Yet, see the interview date, this article issued on Jan 16, which means the latest ep they took at this point was about health check and taking care of mimi sisters shot on Jan 6. Go back to the ep305. He got tired after taking care of mimi sisters and felt sad facing the fact their honeymoon phase is over…..

When he had an interview, it could be hard for him to think about babies… ^_^ 

<Interesting point of this interview>

I personally think this interview is very interesting, since MS repeatedly uses “we” (MS&YW). This interview is about MS and he is an only interviewee. When the interviewer asks how he does skin ship as he is in relationship (to real girlfriend), MS says that WE think ourselves a real husband and wife and appear in WGM and talks about their skin ship. (The interviewer doesn’t ask about skin ship between MS and YW, but when MS is w/ real girlfriend.) Then about what kind of woman he is attracted to. He describes a woman who is very close to YW. Then about family….he doesn’t have a specific plan because he is now married although it’s virtual.

Many of you might have thought this interview is quite different from previous two interviews (bnt and New Year) which he mentions YW’s name directly. Yet, at least to me, the contents of his interviews are the same. This time he didn’t mention YW’s name directly, but he talks about her a lot indirectly. Don’t you think so?

Part 2

<EP305 and this interview>

I didn’t have time to write comments yet I skimmed all of comments here and found a different interpretation from mine about ep305. It’s interesting to know how people see the same scene differently. I don’t have any intention to argue about this and am just gonna write how I see it.

In the buffet after their health check MS asks YW what if she meets an attractive man on a set. Some wrote that MS was attracted to Joy. Yet, from my pov, no he wasn’t attracted to Joy. He isn’t interested in idols at all. See the interview, you can find he is not that type of guy and doesn’t see girls who are much younger than him as love interests.

Then why does he suddenly ask YW such a question?

Because she didn’t hesitate to show her excitement to have met Sungjae at the award in front of MS. What we see has heavily edited yet still this conversation is included. YW said “I liked meeting Sungjea, remember?” which means she expressed her excitement at the award and MS knew that. Then again she brought up this topic and asked if MS liked meeting Joy. She said she understands even if MS liked meeting Joy. (well of course Joy was so nice and she even complimented him as a great husband!) Since YW said she understands, MS said “you don’t mind (if I like to meet someone else… )” To MS, YW’s reaction was too cool. YW got excited to meet Sungjea, but MS didn’t get jealous because SJ is so much younger than YW and MS knows that she didn’t see him in that way, just adores. So, MS goes next sentence, “let’s say you meet an ideal man on a set, how will you react in that situation?”

YW didn’t seem to get his intention why he asked this, then said “are you saying that you are attracted to Joy?” The point is that YW is the type who expresses herself even in front of MS meeting Sungjea, so he got uneasy if she meets an attractive man on a set and wanted to know how she will react. YW answered that she would restrain herself even if she would be attracted to the man. Knowing that she would be attracted to the man even for a second, MS got annoyed and said that “why do you have to be like that!!”

What MS wanted to say here is just “don’t look at other men and look at only me!!! I’m your priority #1!! ” Well I agree with what a fortune teller said. “He cannot express him well" :sweatingbullets: 

If I remember correctly, go back to ep3 in which MS said he is a jealous type and gave us an example: when MS and YW are watching TV together, if her ideal or attractive man shows up and she goes “oh this guy is so cool,” He will be like, “what’s so cool about that.” This example is a quite similar situation compared to this time (what I wrote above.) In addition, when he does something new with YW, he has tendency to ask her if she does that first time, which means he wants to be her first man. (Many men have this kind of tendency though…..)

Well reading the interviews and seeing MS in WGM, as a woman in the same generation, I would say that he is ….a bit childish at his age especially about women….:sweatingbullets: Yet, I also think that he completely opens his heart to YW and doesn’t even hesitate to show his uncool side to her. This shows how firmly MS and YW have built their relation upon mutual trust.

<The reason why there is no part about YW at a Fortune teller>

Some might have wanted to see how the FT will see/read YW. So did YW’s part edit out?

I think no, there is no YW’s part from the beginning. They took only MS part and MS&YW’s compatibility. When the FT did their palm reading, she called YW “yewoni” 3 times. I don’t know well about Korean culture, yet I don’t think people call their first name in friendly term when they meet first time. We know that YW likes fortune-telling, so it’s natural to think that YW already met the FT and knew about her fortune in 2016.

The FT said that both women and men should expose between the eyebrows since the luck comes in.

You know that YW’s hair style has changed since a short while ago and she has exposed her forehead. Around Jan 8, her hair style has changed and many made comments on her IGs about it. So I would say that she might have met the FT around Jan 8.

At the last part when the FT said she can’t stop thinking they will start dating for real, she directly look at MS and said “I’m not saying this to please you.” YW might have heard about this from FT beforehand.

<Xmas ep>

PD’s interview on Feb 5 (there are part1-3)

http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=109&aid=0003255016

http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=109&aid=0003255017

http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=109&aid=0003255018

The above are PD’s interviews from yesterday. She talked about mainly Ohyeah, so if you are interested, please try to read them.

On Xmas day MS visited YW at her film site and it was his private visit. Yet he took video by himself and his manager. You might wonder why they needed to do that. Because the production team of WGM needs its continuity. We, ohyeah shippers know that they meet outside of WGM and can easily follow their story or conversations. Yet general viewers cannot follow. Both YW and MS also talk about their off cam activities, so the production team needs to insert their IG posts. Ohyear is a very special and unique couple and PD have given them much freedom. That’s why they have met off cam. However, when they met only themselves, there should be one condition. Take pics or film to insert. That’s why MS took video although it’s his private visit. In the interviews, PD also mentions about their meeting off cam. They were joking to say if the production team come along, they will not meet outside (which means they want to meet only themselves and I think MS is the one who said that  ;) I think this was a Xmas ep and MS insisted to visit her on his own.(not sure, but could be.)

Part 3

<MS’s costar SYE’s interview>

Just in case you are interested in or feel uneasy to see tira---‘s IG (the other party) about MS’s costar’s interview. I also put the link.

I read captions translated by “T”, but actually I found that she completely mistranslated the part SYE talks about MS. So I gonna make a summary here. (SYE just answered questions from an interviewer.)

MS’s costar SYE’s bnt interview

http://bntnews.hankyung.com/apps/news?popup=0&nid=08&c1=08&c2=08&c3=00&nkey=201602011650523&mode=sub_view

She was asked about what kind of actor MS is and answered that he is an easy mind actor and it’s comfortable for her to act together. Establishing a rhythm with costar is not easy and not for every actor, but she had a good rhythm (literally “breathing”) with MS. (I think that’s why many viewers saw that they had a chemistry in acting as a couple.) Then the interviewer asks her how different MS in WGM and in drama, then she replies that MS in WGM is just who MS is (just himself) and drama staffs also talk about MS in WGM is just himself. LHG, on the other hand, is a quite different from MS himself.

Due to MS's popularity from WGM, some people also pay attentions to her as his costar and she appreciate these attentions and the fact she has gained more fans. Thar’s all.

<Regarding lack of skin ship>

I still think there is a high possibility that they will be real, so I don’t expect any skin sip from them. You know that there are more than10 staffs around them and if they can do skin ship a lot or get lovey-dovey in front of these people, then to me they are just acting. Their relation is just a business one. Thinking of their age, if they are seriously thinking of their future, they will not do that in front of cameras. After the photo shooting of bathtub, what YW did? She explained they didn’t have any intention to be sensational and asked understanding on her post, although they did nothing wrong. Then in the conversation about the photo, what YW was worried about is how MS mother saw that. When there were only two of them in the room, we already saw how they naturally did skin ship at sauna. That’s how they do at their age. If you feel lack of their skin ship, then there is certainly a reason for that. So don’t expect too much skin ship from them if you hope that they will be real. I personally think that they don’t need to entertain us in such a way.

You might think taking an action and being in relationship is not so difficult, but relationships in 30’s and 20’s are very different. Both a man and a woman at their age cannot move easily. I just hope they enjoy their time in WGM without any pressure.

Feb 3 was their latest shooting day, so I assume that at next shooting they would leave for somewhere Sothern islands, since MS’s drama will be over until then. (I’m not sure if they can go to Hawaii.) YW’s film will be release in Apr, so her promotion will starts……around mid-March? If they don’t have any projects, they might be free until mid-March. But in March, there is a possibility that WGM will be re-formed, so they might end their run in March. In that case, their travel might be their last ep and they will be have their wedding ceremony. If so, they might have some skin ship though.

Finally, while I’ve been away from the thread, other regular members have gone somewhere as well? Where are they?? I know some are active on their IGs but some seem too busy to stop by? Please come back!!! 

*I didn’t check spells and there must be strange sentences. I hope you can understand what I wrote:sweatingbullets:

Oh! The coat!! As write before, it’s a gift from MS!! Great! Can’t wait today’s ep!:)

@8mm8 Seriously,thank goodness you got this thread off page 240.  I thought for sure we were gonna end there!  Thanks again for your in depth analysis of MS interviews.  I find that there is a fine line in translating from one language to another and I appreciate all that is done here since I lack the ability to read or understand Korean language or have a clear understanding of the culture.  I suppose it is natural in all relationships that there is change of emotions, but I sure miss the playful interactions of Minsuk and his explosive laughter when he is tickled by Yewon's antics uncovering her quirky personality.

Thank you @8mm8. That was very interesting. Sorry but my Soompi account doesn't give a notice to anyone for now. The part about skinship is right I think. They are on the brink of going to real and to do skinship just for the sake of it, would taint the relationship. I never can keep dates straight along with filming. So I am glad you had a timeline. I guess the reason why none of the MCs make a big deal about some of the skinship they do or even the "date" talk, is because it would seem the show is pushing them. Maybe the PD nim is holding her breath and letting them go on their own path without too much direction. How does Korea view them as a couple? I know their friends are trying to get them together. One thing about fortune tellers: if you like what the FT says, you'll say it is true. Don't like - call them a fraud. Minsuk clearly liked what the FT said about them and their relationship. He's using as a validation : ) . , . ... ... @marny His big smile and laughing over her craziness is what keeps me going back to earlier episodes. But I also like that he now feels good just being with her and contented.

It's such a looooonggg week :bawling: been caught up with works and other things that i don't even have time to finish subs for ep 306 and 298 :confounded: sorry i've been away the whole week, i just hope i'd had time to finish those 2 episode and todays episode's subs before i got back to work on tuesday :bawling:

@8mm8 Oh my god! thanks for your post, such an interesting read. :wub: and i can't express how much i agree with all the points you made :lol:

about the wgm team letting them meet offscreen with the requirements to take photos and videos is such an interesting fact. i know from long ago that WGM couples are restricted on offscreen interactions due to the possibility of discontinuity on their onscreen interactions. now it makes sense why both of them had been quite active on posting their offscreen meetings on IG, it's the penalty they had to pay to meet offscreen :lol: i do thinks that the production teams had gone further on this couple's freedom, beyond anycouple before. in each seasons WGM crew always had one couple that they tried to push to be real and free, cause i think every season there's always one couple that seemed to get less mission card (compared to, say, idol couples who get some kind of mission card almost every time). but i guess all couples in the past never gone the extra miles that OHYE couple had walked.

and about skinships, i guess it just that different views as you said. i think most fans who get anxious on the skinship parts are the younger fans while those that see it as normal are the older ones (me included LOL). i think at first it was minsuk who demands skinship as he want to move faster in this relationship, but then it was yewon who demands more as i think she needs a guarantee that minsuk still interested in her. but now i think both had been comfortable enough with each other that skinship is not something they put too much care into. the only skinship that they need to overcome now is a kiss LOL :lol: but with all those crew and the fact that it'll be catch on camera might be a bit of a burden for them, especially if it's a real kiss (not something scripted like in movies). i'm won't be surprised if they'd only kiss near the end of their run or even never on WGM . ( i mean a real deep kiss LOL :wub:)

@colourgrae and @marnny :lol: i also missed those bickerings and arguments and wacky conversations on their early episodes, seeing them now, they really had progress a lot as those bickerings and arguments and wacky conversations mostly came out due to misunderstandings between them. i do think that they had known each other well enough now that we rarely see those moments again. (atleast on minsuk, as yewon sometimes as clueless as ever LOL) :lol:

YAY!!! Done streaming for ohye couple :glasses:

i didn't understand a thing they said in the street stalls but i just laugh with them LOL they seemed like they had such a fun time.

and i love how casual yewon asked that bomb question :lol: i guess she's just carried by the emotion that time LOL

Omg! Why is KYW wearing a wedding dress from the 1980's in the preview? Ugh!!!! She has such a nice body shape and they put her in that monstrous white gown? Is it just me or it is really an ugly dress!?? Mianhe....I was so looking forward to the wedding episode... But her dress is really disappointing.. :tears: 

5 minutes ago, Rizta23 said:

Omg! Why is KYW wearing a wedding dress from the 1980's in the preview? Ugh!!!! She has such a nice body shape and they put her in that monstrous white gown? Is it just me or it is really an ugly dress!?? Mianhe....I was so looking forward to the wedding episode... But her dress is really disappointing.. :tears: 

Her dress is like 1980's nightmare...... She is a damn beautiful woman and there are bazillion vintage dresses out there.....why oh why did she chose this one???? :sweatingbullets:

3 minutes ago, pengskie_fifi said:

did OMS rejected KYW? Y do I feel sad seeing their wedding?

I think he's just flustered Or shy?. Yewons question must had caught him by Surprised. We know he's not as forward as yewon is.

I think we might feel sad deeing the wedding cause deep inside we know that their wgm days might end soon. 

7 minutes ago, t4ol33 said:

I think he's just flustered Or shy?. Yewons question must had caught him by Surprised. We know he's not as forward as yewon is.

I think we might feel sad deeing the wedding cause deep inside we know that their wgm days might end soon. 

If I understood correctly he was gonna ask her the same thing but like a scene from a movie. Something like " if you finish drinking it, we are dating" . And they were talking about him missing the timing because she asked before him.

Well i might be wrong/missing things. My korean skills are not trustworthy :phew:

ps. The wedding dress :crazy:  Tbh i was expecting more from WGM regarding their wedding. I think YW and MS deserve more than what they get

Archived