Guest ororomunroe

1 hour ago, grcevln said:

has there been any other OST released? This Director and her Drama's OST are always on point... 

Yes it is.

Cheese in The Trap OST Part.1  – 우주히피 (Cosmos Hippie) - 어쩌면 좋아

Cheese in The Trap OST Part.1  – 치즈인더트랩

티어라이너 (Tearliner) – 우리 소곤소곤 (Sentimental Scenery Mix) (Cheese In The Trap OST)

티어라이너 (Tearliner) – Golden Coconut Club (Sentimental Scenery Mix) (Cheese In The Trap OST)

YT version alreadу posted here.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have just finished watching and I LOVE IT SO MUCH. Eventho I am still not planning to read the webtoon, both episodes are beyond my expectation.

I know that sometimes we as a human being have angel and devil sides and I just can tolerate Yoo Jung character. He is so smart and fabulous and amazing and so annoying sometimes.

Oh, There is nothing wrong about Lee Sung Kyung's acting tho. :phew:

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/111575/20160105/five-reasons-to-watch-cheese-in-the-trap.htm

The portrayal of college life: The drama shows the good and the bad aspects of life in college. On the bad side, there are cliques, snobbery, loneliness, and financial struggles, but on the good side, there's a strong sense of camaraderie and a chance that if you work hard you can improve your life

This part is so true. I've just graduated nearly 8 months ago and joined media company 4 months ago. Still hang out with my collage friends who have not graduated yet. To admit, I was not a grade maniac and thankfully it was not related to my current job.

Still I am doing well with my life with that nearly cum laude GPA. Oh, I realized something after finishing both episodes, I am still young, folks!!

I'm reading the webtoon right now because I was really confused about the premise of this drama, and it feel to me more like Seol was overtly paranoid when Jung seemed more sad and blazed than overtly menacing.  looking forward to  what coming next though.

Hiii fellow soompiers. :)

I watched both episodes yesterday and I love it! It's been months since the last time I was hooked right away I was actually losing hope lol.

A few weeks ago I started reading the webtoon so some things are familiar but I never got into the story enough for me to know now what direction the drama itself will take. I'm intrigued though! Now I'm considering if I should pick up where I left off in the webtoon or if I should just watch the drama with no spoilers. Hmm...

somebody please please whoever has read the webtoons..plz give spoilers..

1. How does proposal/firstkiss happen

2. what really is up with jung and siblings

3. whats up wtih jung...y is he like this..

4. any passionate scenes to look fwd to :0

5. and lastly i heard in latestepisode jung has done sthg bad to sung..what is it? 

After watching episode 2 with subs i appreciated more those 2 scenes: the scene of jung and seol after her blind date. so much feelings in his eyes. his sad and almost crying eyes when he says - it's so hard to eat meal with you.

another scene is the one of him and in ho. from good friends in the past they became so distant. its apparent how in ho hates him and how jung detest him. now that i watched with subs i could say more about SKJ acting. i think he's solid. maybe less violent like the webtoon but he has the similar vibe. at least he's not overacting. i can say the same with NJH. after seeing him in some dramas i think the adorable and cute hoobae role fits him more than the role he got in school 2015 as the brooding type. it seems like he is like that in real life. that's why i think PHJ feel so much like the real yoo jung. the actor himself said in an interview he's not open with everybody he meets and tend to cut ties with people who are not on par with him. very much like jung himself.

I can say now with full confidence that i love love seol. she's really one fresh female lead that is fun to watch. not candy girl or a dumb girl that falls over heels over some guy just because he courts her and chases her. it's not hurting that i already liked seol from the webtoon but KGE makes me love her more and more. i think after the drama ends i'll watch some of her movies (i wanted to do it before CITT started but didn't).

in addition PHJ and KGE chemistry is on point. no wonder the director said they should date haha. from the BTS it also seemed like they getting along very well and it's great for the drama (and for my shipping heart lol). don't know about you guys but my jungseol ship has long sailed :)

26 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

5. and lastly i heard in latestepisode jung has done sthg bad to sung..what is it? 

Spoiler

1. if i remember correctly the proposal happend in the end of season 1. .i think first kiss was in season 3

2. it is not clear yet where i get to in the webtoon. i still think it's some missunderstanding. maybe someone else who read forward knows. what i know its that in the past they all hang out together and were good friends and then the accident of in ho happened.

3. hmm..sorry but it's not sure yet too. we see along the chapters he is manipulative and maybe has some psychological issues but more than that it's hard to figure.

4. i don't want to spoil you too much but there will be some lovely scenes between jung and seol that are worth the wait ;)

5. you mean sang cheol? i just got to middle season 3 and read summeries until chapter 70 so i can't recall..

24 minutes ago, perl88 said:
  Hide contents

1. if i remember correctly the proposal happend in the end of season 1. .i think first kiss was in season 3

2. it is not clear yet where i get to in the webtoon. i still think it's some missunderstanding. maybe someone else who read forward knows. what i know its that in the past they all hang out together and were good friends and then the accident of in ho happened.

3. hmm..sorry but it's not sure yet too. we see along the chapters he is manipulative and maybe has some psychological issues but more than that it's hard to figure.

4. i don't want to spoil you too much but there will be some lovely scenes between jung and seol that are worth the wait ;)

5. you mean sang cheol? i just got to middle season 3 and read summeries until chapter 70 so i can't recall..

no i meant jung did sthg terrible to our heroine in the latest chapters which havnt been translated as yet i believe..

Dont just tease with when proposal happens..but where and how..sthg nice plz.. :P

What accident of inho?

lastly. in webtoon too..r we still not sure if jung really likes our heroine? n we r still not clear y he is what he is...did i understand u rt on this..

n thnks for replying

2 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

5. and lastly i heard in latest episode jung has done sthg bad to sung..what is it? 

Spoiler

1. The Proposal - Seol has moved into an unsafe neighborhood. Jung is walking her home. She falls down and drops her papers. But seeing Jung's foot she flinches unconsciously (similar the the scene shown in the first two episodes). Jung notices and tells her that he doesn't want their relationship like it was last year. He asks her is she will be his GF. She is hesitating , but she has a 'thing' about letting go of people's hands

Spoiler

( when she was little, she let go of her granny's hand and later the granny died )

So she holds onto Jung's hands with both of her's and says yes. 

http://www.webtoons.com/en/romance/cheese-in-the-trap/season-2-ep-18-beginning-of-relationship-8/viewer?title_no=99&episode_no=69

The Kiss - Jung has graduated and is working as an intern for the company. Seol and him find it hard to make time for each other but they make an effort. Jung is drunk ( I don't remember the reason why, maybe her dad made him drink) and he kisses her ;) Cheeky guy !

2. A famous psychologist who treated Jung's father , observes that Jung is going on the same path of using his intellect to manipulate and harm people who displease him. The twins are his grand children. The Dr. dies and Jung's dad brings them to live at his house to provide Jung some company. In Ho is a genius at piano. In Ha wants to be an artist but lacks talent. She desperately wants to be good at something like Jung and In Ho but she hasn't found a talent of her own. So she decided in her mind to be with Jung as no other girl will understand his personality like her. There is some misunderstanding and some guys break In Ho's hand. IHo thinks Jung made this happen. Jung thinks that the twins were being friends with him just to leech off them. The issue hasn't being resolved yet in the webtoon.

3. Apparently even his father was the same so its safe to say it is genetic due to excessive intelligence ? He can see through the weakness and calculation of other people but turns it into a weapon against them.

4. If they keep up with the webtoon, then may be ;)  I don't think the couple has slept together yet but there is a lot of kissing in the Season 3 n 4 :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKCJeDSgzlc

5. Like we saw in the first 2 episodes, Jung acts nice to Seol in front of NYJ because he knows NYJ will harass her instead. In the webtoon, NYJ is the class rep. Due to jealousy, she gives the wrong time for classes, wrong assignments to submit, puts diarrhea meds in Seol;s drinks and sends the drunken homeless guy to scare Seol who is studying alone in the library.There is a character called Youngon who ends up becoming Seol's stalker because Jung suggest to him that maybe Seol likes him.

Bonus MV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=af-TT3XVtjM

Whoa Yoo Jung look really scary standing there in the dark alley waiting on Seol to show up after her disastrous blind date, no thanks to Bora of course<_< The history between Inho and Yoo Jung is reminiscent of Bridget Jones' Diary-meets-School 2013:lol: I like how Inho just talks his thoughts out loud LoL. URG can that ***** Joo Yeon just die already!? She's soo annoying, not to mention dense. Like HELLO get a clue, Sunbae don't like U:angry: Poor Seol, she's confused unable to make out what Yoo Jung's actions mean.. whether they're sincere or sinister... Aigoo~

7 hours ago, Adwina Oltariani said:

I just love the scene above. She sees the real him, and at that moment, she's not a faceless person to him (just as the webtoon implies) and not to mention both of them wear grey shirt.. hahaa

Although I guess since this is a drama, we will be shown how Jung became so dark and how his character will develop in the span of 16 episodes. Unless Jung is going through some medical treatment for his problems, I dont see happy ending with them walking to the sunset, though. He's too.. cunning.. too problematic.. too manipulative... too unpredictable. Even until now, we dont know why he's so obsessed with her. Does he like her? Is he just feel bored? Is it because his ego that this one girl the only one who doesnt like him? so I'm excited to see how this will end, since the webtoon hasnt ended yet..

The rest of the cast are quite tolerable, I guess.. I never expected much from them anyway. I just wanted to choke Jooyeon at times for being such a beyotch. But I'm looking forward to interactions between Jung and Inho, seems like there's history between them in the past. and more Park Hae Jin being manipulative and menacing please.. it's soo hot and sexy

And @enigmatic_zephy

About Jung's feelings to Sul, I happened to read some of the raws after the latest translated chapter before the webtoon is made pay-per-view. Some of the questions regarding those were already answered in those raws. I'm gonna spoiler it, it's only hints so it won't spoil the thrill too much, and only read it if you really REALLY wanna know. I suggest those who haven't read the webtoon until season 3 to not read it, because it will really spoil the fun for you.

Spoiler

I'm warning you already

Spoiler

I'm warning you already

1. In the past, Jung really used to dislike Sul. One of the reason is he often found her looking at him with scorning look. He used to think Sul was like those people who viewed people negatively just because they're jealous of him. So he did belittle Sul in his eyes and used to ignore Sul purposely.

2. At the same time, despite Jung viewing Sul pretty negatively, Jung often sneakily looked at Sul, too, though with mocking and scorning look lol So ever since Jung noticed Sul negatively, Jung did pay attention to Sul more than others, more than Sul herself knew. There were a few moments Jung purposely approached Sul to indirectly mock her. Really, it can be said that the way Jung paid attention to Sul in the past was actually more intense than how Sul did lol (attraction from the first hate lol)

3. There's an incident that made Jung changed his mind about Sul. (Hint: Sul did something outside of Jung's expectation and it involves helping him, despite them getting into a little argument right before). This incident made Jung wanting to get to know Sul more and was the beginning of his (positive) attraction towards her. Thus, he lost his report on purpose so that Sul would get the scholarship and come back to the college. This incident was shown towards the end of season 3

4. Starting from the time Jung approaching Sul after Sul got the scholarship, he did genuinely want to get to know Sul and his feelings for Sul just kept growing until now. Now he really likes Sul, and honestly Sul is the only girl who matches him, considering how he actually is.

Added episode 1 captures for the Korean drama 'Cheese in the Trap'

2016/01/06

photo670877.jpg

Added episode 1 captures for the Korean drama "Cheese in the Trap" (2015)

Directed by Lee Yoon-jeong

Written by Go Seon-hee, Kim Nam-hee

Network : tvN

With Park Hae-jin, Kim Go-eun-I, Seo Kang-joon, Lee Seong-kyeong, Kim Gi-bang, Nam Joo-hyeok,...

16 episodes - Mon, Tue 23:00
Synopsis
"Cheese in the Trap" is based on a web-toon about Hong Seol and her senior named Yoo Jeong. The original was released in portal sites in 2010.
Hong Seol is a regular girl but she's thoughtful and sturdy.

Broadcast starting date in Korea : 2016/01/04

Spoiler

photo670876.jpg

More

Archived