Guest ororomunroe

Hello Everyone, I am new here.

Its been a long time since I posted a comment in a thread but this drama just hooked me up and I wanted to share what I think about it.

So I didn't read the manhwa so for me its something new, I love all the characters and I love the drama. I just love how things are going fast.

But I kinda find Lee Sung Kyung acting awkward, she is overacting ( in my opinion, you are free to not agree with me ^^)

And I am so happy that all the fuss over the lead actress just flew away after the first episode, I like her acting.

Park hae jin's acting was always good, but I am really surprised by Nam Joo Hyuk acting in a great way because I didnt like him in Who are you School 2015.

Hope this drama will be a hit, i am looking forward to the next episode :)

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/6/2016 at 9:06 AM, skeletonworks said:

@nearsea Hi I miss you!!!! Yeah I might hang around here once in awhile. I'm starting a job next week so I might be busy T_T

From the little that I've seen of him in the 1st episode, he doesn't seem to have that air of craziness that Baek Inho has. I hope he can prove me wrong as we see him more later on. So far I'm satisfied with the rest of the casts. Even though I don't really prefer SKJ as Baek Inho but I actually ship Inho with Seol because Yoojung is so mental hahahahaha 

I just watched episode 2 and I realised they totally omit Younggon's character, don't they? But I reckon the story is packed as it already is! They changed the storyline a bit but it doesn't change the core story much and it's sooooo fun to watch even though I've read the novel. And it's going at fast pace too! I think by episode 4, it already caught up to season 2. I need to start reading the webtoon again!

I missed you too! I have only finished watching the episodes today.And yeah,the pacing has been really fast.It would be interesting to see how they cleverly makes use of the script and concise the story for the betterment of the drama.Though I am kind of disturbed by the fact lol that they did not show much of yoo jung's craazy actions which made Sul so paranoid at the first place,=/.So people would assume there is just this mysterious aura around jung.Without knowing the things also he did to Sul,and to other people.Just that there are lots of backstory and flashback in season 1 and 2 as far as I remember vaguely,only that they omitted most parts of it..Also as you said the obsessive and crackhead young gon's missing lol.He was one of the main people who made Sul's life quite as hell,with his crazy stalker like attitude.
And also the way he is as a person,including nam joo yeon,kim sang chul or gong joo yong were what made this bunch of people an interesting mix.

Spoiler

But anyway,I am looking forward to see how the story showcases yoo jung's character,or whether they make an interpretation of their own.He has borderline OCD,obviously and it needs to be noticed and taken care of lol.Nevertheless,Sul stays with him,and tries to make this relationship work.I think I read up to season 2 or something.So,still don't know how she fairs after season 3.I did read a very interesting explanation of why jung is how he is in season 2 probably.And provided,this being a live toon,the story can take any different route.Still it's very much thrilling to see the characters you've read about,coming alive on screen.So,waiting for better reasons not to hate yoo jung again,like I did in the webtoon lol.I do remember @riribl doing an analysis upon Jung's mysterious demeanor and also the info that he has started to like Sul for real..but I have still a lot of catch up to do,story wise.And the 'paid per view' trick is one obstruction to consider too...=/.Do you guys know if season 3 is open to free online reading by now?

Erm sorry for the rant @skeletonworks.Still excited to get your posts once in a while! =]]]

http://m.koreatimes.co.kr/phone/news/view.jsp?req_newsidx=194902

Women swoon for Park in 'Cheese in the Trap'
음성듣기

21-01(70).jpg
Actor Park Hae-jin, who stars in the new drama “Cheese in the Trap,” attends a publicity event in Seoul, Dec. 22, 2015.
/ Yonhap

By Kim Jae-heun

Actor Park Hae-jin successfully returned to TV screens in tvN’s new drama “Cheese in the Trap” on Monday, in a program that recorded the channel’s record-high rating for a Monday and Tuesday drama.

His last appearance in a drama series was in cable channel OCN’s “Bad Guys” in 2014.

“Cheese in the Trap” is based on a webtoon of the same name that has had more than 1.1 billion hits on the country’s no. 1 portal site, Naver, since 2010. The drama stars Park and Seo Kang-joon and rising actresses Kim Go-eun and Lee Sung-kyoung.

“I was very worried about acting out my character in the scenes because the original story of the webtoon had gained so much love from so many people,” said Park during a press conference at Times Square in Yeoungdeungpo-gu, Seoul, on Dec. 22. “It (his character in the series) was the most difficult character in my career because viewers have a different image of the original character and I have to satisfy their expectation.”

However, fans of the original webtoon picked Park as a favorite to play the mysterious perfect guy character, Yoo Jung, in the drama. The actor, 33, said he would have made a more perfect Yoo if he was cast 10 years ago.

Unlike his previous role in the mega-hit drama “My Love From the Star” in 2013, Park takes on a stronger persona in this new romance series.

For Kim, who portrays Hong Seol, it is her first role in a TV drama. Kim starred in the movie “A Muse” in 2012 and rose to stardom after winning nine awards

“Hong Seol is a lovely character,” said Kim. “I tried to portray Hong as if she actually existed in real life. I just want Hong to be adorable.”

After the two episodes were aired on Monday and Tuesday, Kim was praised for adding her unique style to this adorable character.

“Cheese in the Trap” has, so far, topped competing dramas in the same time slot with a viewer rating of 4.6 percent, according to Nielson Korea, Tuesday. The romance series has already gained popularity in China, Indonesia and Thailand. 

Hi~ 

I'm new here, i think that I'm the only one who doesn't like the webtoon but still LOVED the drama :sweatingbullets:

it's been such a long time for me to be this hooked by a kdrama  , i think the last time was when i was watching IHYV

anyway , the 2 main characters are soo different from what i'm used to I'm glad that KGE didn't play HS as in the webtoon or she would have been the cheerful & poor MC like most dramas . i hope the quality doesn't drop because of the writers wanting to satisfy k-netizens.

btw does anybody here know the OST that was used in the 2nd episode , when she was apologizing to him 

Spoiler

tumblr_o0kvl9Hkio1ssif9wo9_540.png

OK, finally I have found a drama to my liking: hotness, good story, good characters, good acting, and college romance :D. The acting is superb and the chemistry is also great! I dropped Oh My Venus after ep 12, due to lack of chemistry in the latter part of the series and due to the boring story. I am so glad this drama is nailing everything, and lets hope the ratings will increase!

I truly like YJ character, and Kim Go Eun brings her into life and  she seems a real person unlike other kdrama characters. 

Hi everyone I finally joined the community after following so many drama threads anonymously. I've read a little bit of the webtoon and it was pretty entertaining but I was too lazy to finish it. At first I wasn't keen on following the drama and I kinda disliked the style of Seol (her hair is too wild for me haha).  But I'm glad I gave it a try coz now I find myself loving both lead characters. Kim Go Eun is spectacular and I don't care how they style her anymore. Btw, I still think that Nam Joo Hyuk needs to make a stronger presence (just my personal opinion).

I'm officially in love with the drama :D Maybe it helps that I did not read the whole webtoon. I didn't have anything to compare the drama to! 

11 hours ago, madlena said:
Women swoon for Park in 'Cheese in the Trap'

Park takes on a stronger persona in this new romance series.

Yes!  I've watched PHJ in two other dramas prior to "Cheese in the Trap," and in "Family Outing," and I am just blown away by the manly vibes that I get from him in this drama.  I mean, I've always found him attractive, but I never got all swoony over him.  And then I started watching "Cheese in the Trap" . . .

I think it was the printing scene that sealed the deal for me.  I'm not ashamed to admit that I wanted to be Hong Seol writhing in embarrassment in between those arms!  ;)

Anyway, I'm glad I started watching this drama.  There was so much pre-hype that honestly, I kind of wanted to stay away.  But my drama roster is pretty thin these days and with nothing else to watch, I found myself giving it a chance.  I'm so glad I did!  I'm totally in love after two episodes, and can't wait to find out more.  There are so many unanswered questions but at the end of the day, I also feel like Yoo Jung and Hong Seol are a bundle of misunderstandings.  I can't wait to see how they unravel those misunderstandings.  (Hey, Hong Seol!  Wake-up!  Can't you see dude's interested in you and just wants to share a meal?!)

I must be blind because I keep reading comments around the interweb about how Park Hae Jin is too old for the role or looks older than the cast and I honestly don't see it. When I watch the episodes I don't see his age at all. He looks like a college sunbae (meaning he is older and is supposed to look older than some of the other students) to me and I don't think he looks bad or too old standing next to Seol/Kim Go Eun. Even in the last scene of ep 2 when he as standing with Seo Kang Joo I didn't notice the age difference much neither. Maybe I am able to suspend my belief in reality (or my eye sight is poorer than I think) but he honestly looked like a hyung or maybe slightly older friend to SKJ's character. I have read the webtoon and know they are supposed to be the same age or that In-ho and In-Ha (I know for sure she's older than the two in the webtoon) are supposed to be older. But the drama could simply have him be a year or two older than the two and it wouldn't affect the story at all.

I've watched the first two episodes like 5 times now and I love it more and more each time. I seriously cannot wait for episode 3. I love Jung. He's no as scary and bad and as psycho as we think he is (although he is LOL) a lot of it is Seol's own paranoia (though very warranted). It's easy to see he's a guy with a crush on her and that perhaps he asked around about her schedule at work (he dropped in to buy coffee noticed she wasn't there, asked the cashier who explained Seol doesn't work that day and time and he remembered) as for being in the same class, some of it is a coincidence and some of it (Kang's class) is him switching his schedule so he could be in the same class as her. I don't know I like the grey back and forth of him. 

I ship Seol/Jung. I know he's problematic and theirs could be a problematic relationship but I don't care. I am a fan of problematic things. They have nice chemistry and I think they could be good for one another and really learn from and help to balance the other out. Their bench conversation said it all. He's too selfish/self centered and she's too selfless and gives way to others waaay too much. San Chul, then Nam Jeon, and many others that will pop in and out of her life. I think she could help him understand the need to have some empathy and think of others, while he could teach her that it's okay to be selfish, not understand, and put herself and her needs first. Also the comics made it clear how they feel/felt for one another and although their relationship is no an easy one (nothing with either Jung or Seol is ever easy LOL) and sometimes I question my own self for shipping it...I can't help but ship it. Also I noticed in the episodes they are almost always matching in their clothes either by color or some other thing. 

In episode 1, they were both wearing grey shirts at their first meeting. Then in ep 2 I noticed the knit wear, then the matching blue and watches on their left wrists (omo damn Reply series for making me unconsciously notice these things no matter what drama I watch LOL). 

Park Hae Jin hit another jackpot.

Park Hae Jin made an official comeback channel tvN's new TV series, 'Cheese In The Trap,' recently, and he is getting a great number of compliments for his fabulous interpretation and performance.

The second episode of 'Cheese In The Trap' has achieved 4.8% of viewer rates, further indicating Park Hae Jin's colossal popularity and influence.

Park Hae Jin is widely recognized as one of the most leading young actors of Korea not only in Korea, but also in other countries all across the continent, and he is rising as the most wanted commercial star once again.

Directly after the premiere of 'Cheese In The Trap,' Park Hae Jin started appearing on a few different new convenient store, accessory brands, and outdoor-wear brands.

The biggest factor of Park Hae Jin popularity is his gentle and charismatic image, and also the deep trust that he built with many different companies during his career.

Park Hae Jin is becoming the most anticipated actor of the year already, and many fans and netizens are focusing their attention to new achievements that he will make this year.

Meanwhile, 'Cheese In The Trap' airs on every Monday and Tuesday at 11 PM.

Park Hae Jin hits another jackpot

/Reporting by Kim Dong-Joo en@starnnews.com\

---

Source: http://starn.hankyung.com/global/en/news/index.html?no=427692

Nice to see familiar faces in the thread ^^

Hopefully as the episodes are shown, more will join in the party.

I am actually reluctant to watch dramas as they air (because I am impatient enough to want to know what happens next!)

Still not intending to read the webtoon but I read here that there are more characters to be introduced and I was intrigued by how In-Ha is on the villain side so hmm... another love rival for Seol. 

I will be interested in how the webtoon writer and the writer of the series (who I presume are different people) will wrap up the drama since the webtoon is yet to end. 

Does anyone know when the webtoon is supposed to wrap up?  I know that it's on Season 4, but I couldn't find any information online about how long the creator plans to continue or if she had set number of seasons planned.  Or this supposed to be open-ended until the creator decides to end it?  Just wondering.  Thanks.

Great to hear that the filming is almost done. 

This means that there will be less spoilers and the drama may not suffer from any changes due to changing the script according to viewer's taste/.

I always feel bad for the actors and actresses who would still be filming right up to before the next episode airs. (Looking at you R88) because the cast and crew may end up fatigue or need to go for a medical drip due to exhaustion. 

Perhaps since the drama is based on the webtoon, there is already a certain direction plotted. We know endgame is Yoo Jung and Seol but what makes it interesting is how the drama will reflect the webtoon and the fun may be in seeing the scenes in the webtoon come to life. 

[PS I am still not reading/watching the webtoon til after the drama ends ^^]

5 hours ago, MrsSoJiSub said:

I must be blind because I keep reading comments around the interweb about how Park Hae Jin is too old for the role or looks older than the cast and I honestly don't see it. When I watch the episodes I don't see his age at all. He looks like a college sunbae (meaning he is older and is supposed to look older than some of the other students) to me and I don't think he looks bad or too old standing next to Seol/Kim Go Eun. Even in the last scene of ep 2 when he as standing with Seo Kang Joo I didn't notice the age difference much neither. Maybe I am able to suspend my belief in reality (or my eye sight is poorer than I think) but he honestly looked like a hyung or maybe slightly older friend to SKJ's character. I have read the webtoon and know they are supposed to be the same age or that In-ho and In-Ha (I know for sure she's older than the two in the webtoon) are supposed to be older. But the drama could simply have him be a year or two older than the two and it wouldn't affect the story at all.

I've watched the first two episodes like 5 times now and I love it more and more each time. I seriously cannot wait for episode 3. I love Jung. He's no as scary and bad and as psycho as we think he is (although he is LOL) a lot of it is Seol's own paranoia (though very warranted). It's easy to see he's a guy with a crush on her and that perhaps he asked around about her schedule at work (he dropped in to buy coffee noticed she wasn't there, asked the cashier who explained Seol doesn't work that day and time and he remembered) as for being in the same class, some of it is a coincidence and some of it (Kang's class) is him switching his schedule so he could be in the same class as her. I don't know I like the grey back and forth of him. 

I ship Seol/Jung. I know he's problematic and theirs could be a problematic relationship but I don't care. I am a fan of problematic things. They have nice chemistry and I think they could be good for one another and really learn from and help to balance the other out. Their bench conversation said it all. He's too selfish/self centered and she's too selfless and gives way to others waaay too much. San Chul, then Nam Jeon, and many others that will pop in and out of her life. I think she could help him understand the need to have some empathy and think of others, while he could teach her that it's okay to be selfish, not understand, and put herself and her needs first. Also the comics made it clear how they feel/felt for one another and although their relationship is no an easy one (nothing with either Jung or Seol is ever easy LOL) and sometimes I question my own self for shipping it...I can't help but ship it. Also I noticed in the episodes they are almost always matching in their clothes either by color or some other thing. 

In episode 1, they were both wearing grey shirts at their first meeting. Then in ep 2 I noticed the knit wear, then the matching blue and watches on their left wrists (omo damn Reply series for making me unconsciously notice these things no matter what drama I watch LOL). 

Honestly he doesn't look older,its just after reading comments that i knew he's in his 30s. Which doesn't make a difference to me. It's not like he's playing a high schooler. The characters are spot on for me maybe except baek in ho and that's just a tiny bit, which i realised after reading the 1st season of the webtoon coz i couldn't wait for the second episode. Even jae woo looks exactly alike it's eerie. 

Archived