[Drama 2015] Late Night Restaurant 심야식당

larus

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IOh our smiling cat mascot!  Nam Taehyun at the presscon for Midnight Diner. Indulge :D

credit: wildboys/kang&nam

CI4pFSYUcAACtCy.jpg
CI5GB_BUcAEtMnt.jpg
CI5GCoUVAAAbHU-.jpg

This tho. :)

Is that the sun??? No it's just Nam Taehyun (cr: mae)

Embedded image permalink
The character description is on previous pages.

via sbs feed:  7월 4일 토요일 밤 12시 10분 첫 방송되는 #심야식당 제작발표회에서 마스터(#김승우)가 인사를 보내왔어요~! 따뜻한 정을 나눌 수 있는 곳, 심야식당에서 한 끼 함께 하시겠어요?

rough transalation: July 4 12:10 am. Share Late night warmth.

SBS' 'Late Night Restaurant' May Satisfy Our Hunger For Visual, Culinary Feasts

BY Adrienne Stanley | Jul 02, 2015 02:04 PM EDT

Veteran actor Kim Seung Woo and WINNER's Nam Tae Hyun star in the upcoming weekend drama, 'Late Night Restaurant.'

SBS is preparing to satisfy Korea's craving for culinary-focused shows with its upcoming weekend drama, "Late Night Restaurant."

The drama combines the hazy, muted cinematography of "Heard it Through the Grapevine" with the close-up shots of traditional Korean food that has helped to popularize tvN's "Let's Eat" series. While it does not appear to incorporate mukbang or eating-on-camera scenes, "Late Night Restaurant" has the potential to be a visual feast.

The is an adaptation of the 2006 Japanese manga series, "Shinya Shokudo," which yielded a three-season television series and film.

The drama stars veteran actor Kim Seung Woo (IRIS, Athena) as Master, the elusive proprietor and head chef of a restaurant with the unconventional hours of midnight through 7 a.m. The establishment does not abide by a set menu, following the whims of its owner. Read more Kdramastars

The teaser from You Tube

Well, it is coming up this weekend...

Currently Viki only licensed it for Europe.

Drama Fever has a page for it, but hardly any response from potential viewers. Even if DF does sub it, we will most likely only see the episodes on Mondays, but it is better than none (in N. America)

So, please, comment on DF drama page, letting them know you want to see it, and have it licensed in N. America.

Please Comment on DF drama page. Right now, this drama licensed by Viki for Europe only. Let help DF decide to bring to us. First episodes coming up this weekend.

http://www.dramafever.com/drama/3048/Late_Night_Restaurant/#

WINNER’s Nam Tae Hyun Enjoys Food in Behind-the-Scenes Stills for “Late Night Restaurant”

WINNER’s Nam Tae Hyun Enjoys Food in Behind-the-Scenes Stills for “Late Night Restaurant”

Behind-the-scenes stills of WINNER’s Nam Tae Hyun on the upcoming SBS’s late night drama “Late Night Restaurant” have been revealed.

In the revealed photos, the singer shows off his handsome visuals as he focuses on his acting.

Nam Tae Hyun2

Nam Tae Hyun3

The budding actor will play the role of Min Woo who is described as being sincere and kind. With delicious food at the center of the drama, the WINNER member gets to feast on appetizing dishes.

Nam Tae Hyun4

This project will be the singer’s second drama after having previously starred in the web drama “Midnight’s Girl.”

“Late Night Restaurant” will air two 30-minute episodes for every broadcast. The drama tells the unique story of a late night restaurant that only opens between midnight and 7 a.m. Its special customers and their stories will have viewers sympathizing and identifying with them. The first two episodes will air on July 4 at 12:10 a.m. KST.

Source

more and waiting for this tomorrow.. yey! :)

WINNER’s NAM TAE HYUN in Movie-Like Drama “Midnight Diner”: Honored to be a Part

namtaehyun.jpg

NAM TAE HYUN from YG’s WINNER commented that he is “honored” to be part of the drama “Midnight Diner.”

He was at Gangnam Samseong-dong Ramada Hotel at 2pm today at the preview event of SBS’s new weekend drama “Midnight Diner.”

He plays a character named Min-Woo in the drama, who experienced much ordeal. Without knowing whom his father his, his mother dies when he is only 7. He prepares for the qualification exam for entering university while working part-time in a cat costume.

He commented, “When I received the request to be part of the drama, I was overwhelmed by the fact that I was going to be involved in a work with so many great actors and Producer Hwang In Roi. I am so honored and infinitely thankful.”

He added, “The drama is very movie-like. It has scenes that carry subtle moments that touch your heart.”

“Midnight Diner” is based on a warm story that revolves around a unique restaurant that only opens from midnight to 7am, and the customers who visit. Every episode is 30-minutes long, and is aired twice a day.

The first episode will be aired at 12:10 am on July 4.

source

Tomorrow is the premiere. I hope it will have decent ratings. I am a little worried because it will air at midnight.

One observation. So many articles about the idol Nam Tae Hyun. I wonder if he would not have been cast, there would be articles about this drama? 

@larus Sometimes it's drama like this may give us quality show we want. It's midnight but weekend. Definitely the viewers for this drama would be adult ones/ professionals.  There may be viewers bored with this type of drama plus no super superstar but the quality of drama makes it special.

There would be articles with this drama. It's a k version manga and jdrama original. In jdrama land there's like 2 seasons already.  Whether Taehyun is part of it or not... we'd still watch it. For the story, for what it is and for good quality drama. Almost all of the dramas we're(webdramas, cable/ main network) have at least 1 or 2 kpop idols.. and they're mostly boys.. not enough girls.

I'd like to think these idols are not doing dramas for the sake of something else. But  for broadening their abilities in the acting field.   This drama is serving our appetite already. :)

I'd like to think these idols are not doing dramas for the sake of something else. But  for broadening their abilities in the acting field.   This drama is serving our appetite already.

:)

I think this is too minor a drama for this specific idol to be doing it for major exposure. Those go for rom-coms and such.
That said, there is apparently a big fan base for the manga and Japanese live-action, so it will get reasonable exposure.

At least on the Korean/Japanese side. The reason, @larus, we get so many articles on the boy is because he is kpop-related and a selling point abroad.
The hordes of fans won't care about human drama, cooking or even a big "ajeossi" name. And most sites about Korean drama go for the popular coverage.
He also has many fans who have fanclubs, blogs etc, and translate things that bigger portals might not. This is always the case with idols. Kpop is big.

Idols in dramas is a worrying thing for many of us, but if he can act and if the creators do not lose focus because of his presence, coverage is not important.
I think he chose an interesting project and it's a choice which makes me somewhat confident that he is in this for the work itself and to develop his skills.

I am one of those who usually opposes this habit, but in this case, I do not worry just yet. Let's see how the boy does. :)

Idols in dramas is a worrying thing for many of us, but if he can act and if the creators do not lose focus because of his presence, coverage is not important.

I think he chose an interesting project and it's a choice which makes me somewhat confident that he is in this for the work itself and to develop his skills.

I am one of those who usually opposes this habit, but in this case, I do not worry just yet. Let's see how the boy does. :)

It was just an observation. Thanks for your explanation. Indeed these articles are translated more for popular artists.

I do not worry as well. He is a supporting cast and I trust the casting department. Good for him to choose a quality show (not buzz worthy in kdramaland) to learn and to gain experience.

i read they have some special guest coming to the restaurant including ji jin hee ^^ .

oh tomorrow the night ?~~ ...thanks for the teaser ..ah the chef has the same scar ~~

cant wait to see who will be the first guest and the first story ~~

Archived