[Drama 2015] Late Night Restaurant 심야식당

larus

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ahaha. That's so cute. I think a happy set with actors who hit it off well is important. For their own enjoyment, which they deserve.
It also can help with the chemistry sometimes and it's a good preview of what we might get in the actual series chemistry-wise.

I can't wait. ^_^. Thanks for the video, @jongski!

Credit: nebula2592

That little clip of Taehyun's character I saw just broke my heart....this is why I dont usually watch drama's XD

I think I'm going to end up crying watching Midnight Diner....Minwoo (Taehyun's character) seems so endearing!

CI9I5TiUcAAG9qg.jpg
Awww.

Waiting Midnight Diner! Food for the soul. Quality drama

i read they have some special guest coming to the restaurant including ji jin hee ^^ .

oh tomorrow the night ?~~ ...thanks for the teaser ..ah the chef has the same scar ~~

cant wait to see who will be the first guest and the first story ~~

@shirley.  Looks like you and I will be having a late night snack too..

Thank you all for comments.. and videos.

@jongski very cute videos.. I agree with @Orion. I too love the dynamics we are seeing. I also agree that he is smart to pick up a drama like this, quieter, and with great sunbaes he can learn from.

SBS drama “Late Night Restaurant” with WINNER’s Taehyun trends worldwide

late night restaurant trending

The drama made to satisfy food cravings, Late Night Restaurant trended worldwide on SNS.

With WINNER‘s Nam Taehyun as the second lead, Late Night Restaurant stars actor Kim Seung Woo in a drama that focuses on the culinary beauty of Korean dishes.

Influenced by the drama series Let’s EatLate Night Restaurant shows the business and events in a restaurant from midnight to morning. Transforming into a late night mukbang, Taehyun captures attention from viewers with his striking visuals and appearance.

Releasing its first episode on July 4th, the drama has earned positive feedback, trending worldwide on Twitter with the Korean title “심야식당.”

Source

I forgot the snacks. Two East Asian food stores opened up in my neighborhood recently. I'll need to stock up on stuff.
I know the series is not mainly about the food, but even regular dramas destroy me, let alone a restaurant themed one.

For the sake of my sanity, stomach and ability to critique this properly, I need snacks! (excuses ftw)
I hope the dishes in the show somehow reflect the client well. Like, their hometown or mood or such.

Guest ascsp

Today and tomorrow I will have tons of things to do, so I will not see the drama until monday, but it's fine :)

I will cook oyako donburi for first twp ep and watch eating!

in this short video from midnight dinner and nammie make me as InCles cry

http://video.weibo.com/show?fid=1034:225103ffe8a31d079e760eae5d868429

OMO awww.. I definitely felt the same. We are going to tear up up here! Taehyun! endearing poignant Taehyun and  KSW! love the scene!

I forgot the snacks. Two East Asian food stores opened up in my neighborhood recently. I'll need to stock up on stuff.
I know the series is not mainly about the food, but even regular dramas destroy me, let alone a restaurant themed one.

For the sake of my sanity, stomach and ability to critique this properly, I need snacks! (excuses ftw)
I hope the dishes in the show somehow reflect the client well. Like, their hometown or mood or such.

Looking forward to your review here. Too many  dramas but we want the the ones with qualities. This seems to be the one. No super superstars. Just good veteran actors and probably a breakout for a young one.

Oh love. Here's Midnight Diner teaser with Younha's OST. :wub:

This drama! Just from the teaser alone....it's your not over the top drama. Kinda muted, tone down. I don't know the exact term for it but, I'm sure you guys know what I mean, Love this. When you can tell from the teaser alone it's going to quality drama. Again, this is the k version Shinya Shokudo jdrama.

Guest ororomunroe

I'm so hungry just looking at these stills. It's a good thing I'm asleep when it airs otherwise I'll be tempted to do a midnight grocery run :lol:

I see some familiar faces, hi @jongski, @valsava

Yey.. forum is back. Anyway....

1 Midnight Diner (cr: dyunie292)

Embedded image permalink

And I wasn't disappointed and I love it! I watched both episodes. Definitely Nam Taehyun was highlight. Endearing scenes. It wasn't corny, it wasn't over the top. It was cute, and just felt. I like the voice narration and the interaction of the patrons..especially towards Minwoo (TH character).  Oh and The Master.. what can we say,  KSW... I like!

This boy.... we have to clap.  Poignant scenes. From being hungry, to sleepy to laughing to crying to to just being endearingly cute.

Embedded image permalink

super cute the smile!

So this is the scene where I guess MW was crying but laughing.. it was sweet and cute. I don't know what he was saying cause I watch it raw no sub... but guessing from feeds it about  not having parents.

CJFRpKdUwAA706K.jpg

CJFRpGtVAAIH6Se.jpg

CJFRpKnUkAEBKN_.jpg

(cr: ferny)

I was gonna do the live recap as I was watching it via sbs channel but also live stream ( yeah I wanted to make I don't miss anything..hehe) but not sub so hard to understand but even w/o the sub.. I watched both episodes. I'll wait for @orion to do review/recap. Or anybody who likes this show. Because I definitely do. 

-----

The image below is the scene where Mafia boss ask Master to cook seaweed he shared it with our hardworking young student/mascot/part-time boy at a another restaurant. MW copied the Mafia boss how to eat the seaweed.. again from the twtrfeedrecap it seems he said.. it's just how his dad used to eat. Oh.... But I love how the Master just stands there and looks protectively at MW

Embedded image permalink

Guest aenale

Hello! ^^

I couldn't catch on the beginning of the first episode but I enjoyed the other part and the second one. I find this drama very interesting and I like how it is told. There is something with atmosphere that is very warm and comforting.

The pace is also a good thing along with the music and the narration. ^^ It suits the time it airs and it is quite contemplative.

Archived