Ji Chang Wook 지창욱 - Upcoming Dramas: "The Queen Woo" (우씨왕후) (TVING) / "Bulk" (벌크) (JTBC) / Upcoming Movie "Revolver" (리볼버)

cherkell

@nadster  WHEW!  :lol: You are back!  I was worried.  Head injuries are nothing to trifle with.  I was joshing you the other day because it seemed more prudent at the time than to wail and worry.  So good to know you finally remember your name........:D.

And wow!  You are on the mend, quick on the uptake, etc., to notice The Bros is on Netflix.  I skimmed the "New Releases" last night and missed it completely.  Some JCW fan I am.  I'll try again tonight and spend a lovely two hours watching.  

So, Later, then.  I owe, I owe, it's off to work I go...........

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

It's 7:00 AM  Eastern Standard time,  Feb. 13, Tuesday, where I am and I see on the Soompi Awards page that Ji Chang Wook has vaulted into second place in the Best Actor Category.  Am I the last one to see this?  Am I stating the obvious, that us voters overcame the miniscule gap of 21, 641 votes as listed above?  Hooray! :D for this surge, but it's not over yet, is it?  Go Ji Chang Wook!!! 

wook-best-actor.png

• Like 4

bestkiss.png

Wheeeee!!!  Suspicious Partner still on top for BEST KISS!  With 6 more days of voting, it needs to stay on top, and it would be great if some other categories could go to the top, too.  Congratulations to Ji Chang Wook and Nam Ji Hyun for giving fans their best.  Since we still have voting time, I thought I would do what I have fun doing and capture some SP pictures, GIFs, and re-visit that great interview he did, which is translated for us in The Kitchen, complete with some great still photos.  Link:  https://jichangwookkitchen.com/2017/07/19/interview-20170718-ji-chang-wook-suspicious-partner-press-interviews/

Trying not to put things on this page that have already been done to death.  The internet, other forums, and YouTube have great videos of THE KISS, and I know I couldn't do it any better, so I am concentrating on just short snippets from Ep. 1-4 of Suspicious Partner, mainly of JCW's face running through a fascinating gamut of emotions.  I am SO easily amused.:blush:

tic-sp.gif

credit SBS 

sp1.gif

credit as tagged

More under the spoiler.  Please enjoy.

Spoiler

sp2.gif

credit as tagged

sp3.gif

credit as tagged

sp5.gif

credit as tagged

It occurs to me that this series of short vignettes could almost, almost, pass as @nadster's long wished for Actor's Studio.  I guess in the meantime this offering will have to do.

From his interview I loved these two paragraphs:

You said “Suspicious Partner” was meaningful. Please elaborate. 
It was my first romantic comedy. Before starting on this, I had a lot of pressure wondering if I will be able to do well in this project. This was also a project without action scenes in a long while. But I still enjoyed myself on set nonetheless.  These trivial little scenes made it enjoyable for my mind and body. That’s why the show carries deep meaning (for me).  Emphasis mine.

These  GIFs are my re-enactments of some "trivial scenes."

Was there anything that you focused on while acting as Ji Wook in “Suspicious Partner”?
In the drama, Ji Wook may seem perfect but he has a personal charm. He has some deficiencies; his personality may be different from mine but it can’t be help that he also shares some aspects as my real self since I’m the one playing this role. You can see the man Ji Chang Wook through Ji Wook’s manner of speech, actions, and way of expressing things. The character’s own personality is different from mine though… Emphasis mine.

These two things he said make me wish for an Actor's Studio, too.  With ya, @nadster.   I just had an interesting time thinking what I could ask him during a Studio appearance........

• Like 4

On 2/12/2018 at 10:18 PM, cherkell said:

I have no idea where or how this person gets their information, but it is what it is.

And what it was, was GREAT!  Showed everyone where their voting energies needed to be focused.  Now, nothing.....:blink:  Did someone request a takedown?  That info is great to have.......why is Soompi Awards keeping it secret?  Or is it because they just can't keep up with the vote?  Phooey on them.   

Still 5 days and a few hours to go to vote.  Suspicious Partner, Ji Chang Wook, and Nam Ji Hyun still rule as having the BEST KISS!  But I/we want more......more firsts.......more, more, more.  I am voting as fast as I can, dang it!

Here are some lighter moments from the early few episodes:

sp10.gif

credit as tagged

sp7.gif

credit SBS

And one of the darker, or semi-darker moments, to re-live, under the eye:

Spoiler

Ji Chang Wook can go from suave to raving loony in 0.5 seconds flat.......wow!

ezgif-5-de0ae37d66was9.gif

credit as tagged

• Like 4

AHEM!!!!  'Scuse me......With 4 days, 8 hours and some minutes left to go in the Soompi Awards voting, I have to ask.......is it too soon to celebrate that Ji Chang Wook is now #1 for BEST ACTOR?  Too soon?  Maybe.  So for a while we can celebrate this one quietly.  Like this, small print, small pictures:

wook-best-actor1.png

wookwolfsmallhappydance-e1513551384888.gif

But after voting is over.....we are gonna celebrate LARGE for BEST KISS, and with much hope, BEST ACTOR.  Who knows?  Maybe other wins in the pipeline.

Well, well.  Someone beat me by 3 minutes.  Thanks.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

EDIT after 4 hours~

Now the voting is down to 4 days and 4 hours, and Ji Chang Wook is still in first place for Best Actor, and Best Kiss is holding steady at #1 also.  Still not counting chickens before they hatch, but hopeful, and rightfully so.

To continue celebrating Suspicious Partner, here are a couple more GIFs.  This one is on the lighter side.  Lawyer Noh, or No, depending on which version you watched, is upset, to put it mildly.

ezgif-5-3f8c66ff0fwas11.gif

credit SBS

This one is on the darker side.  

Spoiler

Ji Chang Wook sure can take a punch.

was12.gif

credit as tagged

But I always hate to see him taking punches and not giving them back.

• Like 4

WOW, AGAIN WOW.  It's 7:38 in the AM in my part of the world and I see JCW and NJH have finally reached NUMBER ONE as Best Couple in the Soompi Awards.  Congrats........for now in tiny print and pic until voting is over.......

now-best-couple.png

• Like 2

Coming up for air just to REJOICE at both Ji Chang Wook's progress in the Soompi Awards and his Lunar New Year Letter! Yes! Yes! A thousand times, yes! (OK, wrong movie and cultural setting, but whatever)

Sorry for the repeat GIF (under spoiler tag), but it's too good not to reuse!

Spoiler

vduTb3v.gif

Keep on voting. chingus! Nearly there! :heart:

Actor of the Year (and all the years since and thereafter): https://www.soompi.com/awards/category/drama/actor-of-the-year

Best Soundtrack (ear candy): https://www.soompi.com/awards/category/drama/best-soundtrack

Best Kiss (finally one of the most smouldering kisses this side of Rhett and Scarlett is being recognised) https://www.soompi.com/awards/category/drama/best-kiss

Best Couple (JCW would have excellent chemistry with a tree trunk. Luckily NJH was far from being one) https://www.soompi.com/awards/category/drama/best-couple

Drama of the Year (why bother with the rest) https://www.soompi.com/awards/category/drama/drama-of-the-year

• LOL 2

As of right now there are still 3 days and 3 or 4 hours left to vote in the Soompi Awards.  Suspicious Partner, Ji Chang Wook, and Nam Ji Hyun are still holding their own as                            #1 in Best Kiss

#1 in Best Couple

#1 in Best Actor

(Holds breath) and may they stay that way!:heart::blush:.            #2 in Best Drama

#3 in Best Soundtrack  (What is WRONG w/people?)

For viewing I have something a little different.  This morph is taken from 2 still photos of JCW taken during the post-SP interview mentioned above in The Kitchen.  https://jichangwookkitchen.com/2017/07/19/interview-20170718-ji-chang-wook-suspicious-partner-press-interviews/ Please enjoy.  (Did you know you can enlarge the picture by clicking on it?)

fm-kitchen-end-of-sp-interview.gif

• Like 2

I had seen some of these dramas when they first came out, before I even knew about the Fabulous Actor Ji.  Others I never bothered to watch after Actor Ji and his other dramas came along .  This video is a good short review of the dramas you've seen, or never seen, and may help you make up your mind while voting.  HINT, HINT!  And look......now there's a Soompi TV.  I didn't know that.....

But why on earth did they pick that (@3:03) scene from Suspicious Partner to showcase BEST ACTOR? Why?  Wae? Not that it

is not a good scene, but there were others.........sigh.  

They did get the best scene for BEST KISS! @ 1:03 NO CONTEST!! 

• Like 2

15 K-Drama Actors Who Didn’t Fail To Impress Us In 2017

Park-Hyung-Sik-Lee-Jong-Suk-Ji-Chang-Woo

As we start of the year 2018, it’s the perfect time to look back at 2017 and the wonderfully charming and talented actors who impressed us in their lead roles. We had everything from an MMA fighter, a ’90s K-pop star, to even a handsome goblin! The year was definitely not short of unique and intriguing characters. These actors are considered some of the top actors in the Korean entertainment industry and we were lucky to be able to see them on the small screen in 2017.

[unrelated snipped]

Ji Chang Wook: Best looking in glasses

Suspicious Partner

Ji Chang Wook played the heart-broken prosecutor, No Ji Wook in the rom-com, “Suspicious Partner.” There really is no further explanation required as to why Ji Chang Wook looks great in glasses. Because look:

ji-chang-wook-suspicious-partner.jpg

And…

ji-chang-wook-suspicious-partner1.jpg

You’re welcome.

ji-chang-wook-suspicious-partner2.jpg

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

47 minutes ago, cherkell said:

Ji Chang Wook: Best looking in glasses

Also contact lenses, sunglasses, no eye wear at all, sackcloth and ashes... @MyStars - cue for one or several of your lovely moving pictures please :D

Speaking of him taking hits - what about most adorable while receiving (a completely unwarranted and unwarranted) flying kick from batty girl*?

HpcP2qb.gif

Credit: Suspicious Partner Teaser #2 - just another example of how cleverly 'meta' this drama could be. Another being the scene where NJW and JEH get their behinds handed over to them by a group of high school thugs - whereas if this was Action Star Ji Chang Wook quite the opposite would be true!

Less than 24 hours to go guys! Let's keep on voting and give our Actor Ji a lovely gift while he's serving his country!

Actor of the Year (and all the years since and thereafter): https://www.soompi.com/awards/category/drama/actor-of-the-year

Best Soundtrack (ear candy): https://www.soompi.com/awards/category/drama/best-soundtrack

Best Kiss (finally one of the most smouldering kisses this side of Rhett and Scarlett is being recognised) https://www.soompi.com/awards/category/drama/best-kiss

Best Couple (JCW would have excellent chemistry with a tree trunk. Luckily NJH was far from being one) https://www.soompi.com/awards/category/drama/best-couple

Drama of the Year (why bother with the rest) https://www.soompi.com/awards/category/drama/drama-of-the-year

• Like 4

10 hours ago, nadster said:

Also contact lenses, sunglasses, no eye wear at all, sackcloth and ashes... @MyStars - cue for one or several of your lovely moving pictures please :D

Why, @nadster, you ole sweet-talker, you!  I don't have one of my own, that I made with my own two hands, but I do have a good one on  the glasses theme that @cherkell started.  I guess it is OK to continue with the glasses bit, just for a while, during the exciting countdown to the Soompi Awards.  Then we can go back to the Suspicious Partner referencesI gotta ask, "Is it true gals don't make passes at guys who wear glasses?"  Answer:  No only NO, but heck no, not if he's Ji Chang Wook.  See under the "eye."  The Brown-Eyed Handsome Man is back.  

Spoiler

jcw-tvbs-in-a-bed-shoes-glasses-chair-gl

credit as tagged

Just for fun I played the video in slow motion while I took the GIF frames.

• Like 3

Coming down to the wire on the Soompi Awards.  Are you like me, checking the rankings every hour :ph34r: or so to make sure no one has leapfrogged ahead of Ji Chang Wook - Best Actor, or Best Couple, or Best Kiss (featuring JCW and Nam Ji Hyun)?  So far, so good, with 1 day and 4 hours left to go, the suspicious duo are maintaining their standings. B)  Just to celebrate what a good time I have had watching Suspicious Partner, I want to feature a couple more GIFs from the lighter side of the drama.  

ezgif-5-6cbe4ed0ecwas8.gif

credit as tagged

Lawyer No, (Noh) upon receiving the phone call from Bong Hee telling him she is in jail for murder.

Then there is this scene as he wins the Worst Prosecutor ranking AGAIN.  Wonderful sense of comic timing and writing.

Under the "eye."

Spoiler

ezgif-5-3f54230d70was6.gif

credit as tagged

I get to go vote now.......See ya later.  At the CELEBRATION!

• Like 4

Oh, @MyStars, I knew you’d come through! Harry  Potter glasses - be still my geeky beating heart! 

Speaking of that comic timing - quite apart from

the “big” gestures in  those GIFs you featured, like our beloved “tongue-in-cheek”, the rapid but subtle unravelling in that phone call, the eye rolls - check out that slight eyebrow raise in the second GIF. Actor of the Year? Pfft. Not good enough. But it’s the very least Ji Chang Wook deserves! 

화이팅, Chingus! Not much longer now? (My F5 button is getting worn out, haha)

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, nadster said:

check out that slight eyebrow raise in the second GIF. Actor of the Year? Pfft. Not good enough. But it’s the very least Ji Chang Wook deserves! 

Soooo Troooo!!  The man can do anything asked of him in the way of displaying human emotion.  He can go from broad farce to subtle and intimate in the blink of an eye (or eye raise)......In the same scene, probably within the same sentence.  I am always just amazed at what he can achieve playing off of his co-workers.  That "We don't like you either" scene is so good because all of the actors are on the same wavelength, working smoothly in a mini-ensemble.  They are not together in the drama that much, but when they are together and are given good lines, the scene just hums.  Could it be that when a good actor (or good soccer/football/basketball player) is around, everyone else's  performance is just that much more heightened and polished?   Where is @cherkell's expertise when you really need it?  

In the "phone call" scene above I edited out anything that wasn't JCW, just to juxtapose the "subtle unraveling" as you say, of the facial expressions, and to make the GIF smaller/shorter.  Now that I look back, I wish I had done it in slow motion.  I may rework it later.  The scene unedited, in the drama, is very well done also.   

• Like 3