Ji Chang Wook 지창욱 - Upcoming Dramas: "The Queen Woo" (우씨왕후) (TVING) / "Bulk" (벌크) (JTBC) / Upcoming Movie "Revolver" (리볼버)

cherkell

Here's a translation of Ji Chang Wook's Elle interview. It's quite long, so here's an excerpt of it. Link to the full article is below :)

Let’s meet Ji Chang Wook who stirs the hearts of women!

Adolescence spent in emptiness, the period of aimlessness gripped by confusion and worry, the adventurous period that turned the keys for him. Face-time with the shy 28 year-old actor Ji Chang Wook.  

JCW_elleJan01

*Note: Lines in bold are questions asked by the interviewer. 

Congratulations on winning the Excellence Award at the 2013 MBC Drama Awards. Thank you. I am always nervous during award ceremonies. Because so many seniors are seated at the front seats, I somehow feel embarrassed and the live broadcast also makes me feel uncomfortable, so this is still difficult for me. Seems like you have nerves of steel. I’m like that when I’m acting. But otherwise, it is still uncomfortable for me although I try not to feel that way. That’s why I can’t do variety shows. Last year when I appeared on “Radio Star”, I couldn’t even utter a single word. You seem different from your cheerful and feisty characters in your dramas.I’ve played various kinds of roles before, but my role in “My Too Perfect Sons” and “Smile, Donghae” seem to be the most memorable among the public. That’s why when I starred in “Five Fingers”, a question that kept cropping up was ‘how does it feel like in your first time as a villain?’. But in actual fact, I have played such strong characters several times in the past, that’s why I do not consider Yoo In Ha as a villain. You did musicals in between “Five Fingers” and “Empress Ki”. When I was in university, I used to wonder how it would feel like to stand on stage as a lead actor at the grand theatre.  I used to dream of such a day while I searched for musical numbers to listen to and practised alone. Wow, when I really got to stand on stage, and even received a newcomer award at “The Musical Awards”, it really felt like a dream come true.

Read the full translation here: http://haeppimemoli.wordpress.com/2014/01/26/translation-ji-chang-wook-2014-jan-elle-interview/

• Thanks 1

Hi all ~  :-h
I'm working on a huge project that is sucking the life out of me and frying my eyeballs....so I came here to purify my eyes and soul by looking at pics of our stunningly beautiful MAN. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ~
Thanks to everyone for the updates and photos! I think I can return to work now ~ ♥

HelloI'm new to this forum.. and i have been JCW fan since his new drama ( empress ki ) anyway, jcw has been participated in many musical shows including " the days or those days " dose anyone one know where can i find the full version of this musical ?
130221_thedays

Also, can any one lend me a link of the eng sub of " radio star 120403 "  
2013040409061115876_1.jpg
Thank you ^^

• Thanks 1

moongirl999 said: HelloI'm new to this forum.. and i have been JCW fan since his new drama ( empress ki ) anyway, jcw has been participated in many musical shows including " the days or those days " dose anyone one know where can i find the full version of this musical ?

Thank you ^^

class="entry-title single-title" style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; margin: 5px 0px 20px; padding: 0px; background-image: url( section-header.png); background-position: 0px 50%;"

CherKell

said:

moongirl999

said:

HelloI'm new to this forum.. and i have been JCW fan since his new drama ( empress ki ) anyway, jcw has been participated in many musical shows including " the days or those days " dose anyone one know where can i find the full version of this musical ?

Thank you ^^

moongirl999 said: thank you for being so sweet .. I've searching in many korean site and i could't find any so disappointed   
:((
how about ( this) article do you know what it says ?? another thing .. musical thrill me do you know where can i find it " the whole version " ?sorry I caused you to feel annoyed when I kept pressuring you to give me an answer . thank you again  :x

CherKell said: Ah, that Donga article was referencing one of the hosts' questions to both he and Oh Jong-hyuk on whether or not they were being now (or then) treated as 'homosexuals' because they shared a kiss while starring together in "Thrill Me," and which one of the two boys 'was the better kisser/who enjoyed the kiss better.'  You can definitely tell that Chang-wook was mortally embarrassed over having to come up with some sort of answer to that.  *poor baby*

And the same thing applies with any full versions of "Thrill Me" -- there are also no plans to release the show on DVD either, but there are a lot of fan-cams put up on YT as well.

No worries in asking -- that's what I'm here for! :D

@cherkell @hanaseyes thank you for the clarifications about the Korean age issue! Although I've been obsessed with Korean stuff for several years, I still don't quite understand how the counting system for the korean age works. And being Asian myself, I never knew of the story about fairies lol. I do know the origins of the 12 zodiac signs though! 
@moongirl999 I myself would very much like to watch a full recording of all his various musicals, but unfortunately, there are none. If I'm not wrong, most Korean musicals except the reaaaalllly popular ones get released in DVD. As for the Radio Star episode, MBC has uploaded the whole thing on their Youtube channel, but without subtitles. I watched it and only understood a fraction of what was going on, but Ji Chang Wook didn't really speak much though, as he had mentioned in his Elle interview :P I guess the show's highlight would be him demonstrating his "tumbling" skills and the bromantic moments with Oh Jong Hyuk.