Ji Chang Wook 지창욱 - Upcoming Dramas: "The Queen Woo" (우씨왕후) (TVING) / "Bulk" (벌크) (JTBC) / Upcoming Movie "Revolver" (리볼버)

cherkell

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/14961/20140129/revenge-and-romance-boost-ratings-for-empress-ki.htmRevenge And Romance Boost Ratings For "Empress Ki"

Viewers of "Empress Ki" have waited a long time to see the drama's characters exact revenge against the tyrannical regent El Temur and his evil family. And now that Ha Ji Won's character Seungnyang has returned to the palace and revenge seems palpable, the anticipation and ratings keep climbing. The historical drama has already broken its own record in viewer ratings for several episodes.
On Tuesday "Empress Ki" achieved a 24.9 percent viewer rating, a 2.1 percent increase from the previous night's rating of 22.8 percent.

Seeing these villains meet justice will be sweet but it will probably take a few more episodes to realize. For 25 episodes, the tyrant has subjugated the emperor, court and country. With Seungnyang officially at his side, advising and encouraging him, the emperor, played by Ji Chang Wook, can finally attempt some real steps to regain his power.

Besides revenge, many viewers are also tuning in to find out if she will grow to love him.

Still rushing ahead at a heart-racing pace, each new episode of the show offers new intrigues, tests and challenges, and that's what keeps viewers tuning in.

The first half of the 50-episode show was the clever invention of the screenwriter. Now the plot moves into the part of the story that may be closer to the real Empress Ki's actual history, as she was a concubine sent from Korea to the Yuan emperor. There is no historical record of her shooting arrows, rescuing the Yuan Emperor or loving the Korean King.

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/14961/20140129/revenge-and-romance-boost-ratings-for-empress-ki.htm

:-*

‘Empress Ki’ Ha Ji Won & Ji Chang Wook Share Their First Night

"Empress Ki" Ha Ji Won and Ji Chang Wook shared their first night in the same room together. However, rather than sweet talks, Ha Ji Won and Ji Chang Wook only talked about the politics.

On the MBC Monday Tuesday drama "Empress Ki" which aired in the night of January 28, 2014, Ki Seung Nyang got an invitation from Ta Hwan to join him in his room.

On this day's episode, Ta Hwan appointed Ki Seung Nyang to spend the night together and conversed with Hwang Tae Hoo. Hwang Tae Hoo said to Ta Hwan, "If you are not feeling well, you can spend the night with Ki Seung Nyang at another time." However, Ta Hwan ordered Gol Ta to prepare for a night with Ki Seung Nyang anyway.

Ta Hwant, when alone in a room with Ki Seung Nyang said to Ki Seung Nyang, "You are very pretty," and could not hide his feelings for Ki Seung Nyang. Ki Seung Nyang then said to him, "Do you know why I came to this castle? Because I did not want to live alone. I wanted to apologize to the people who have died for me."

Ki Seung Nyang then handed the letter written in blood to Ta Hwan. Ta Hwan, after seeing the letter written in blood by his father, felt said.

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/14931/20140128/empress-ki-ha-ji-won-ji-chang-wook-share-their-first-night.htm

daegorr said:
Regarding the issue of an international fan club, it would be AWESOME if there was one, but I think not many actors actually have an official fan base for international fans. Rather than having an official one, I think it would help if Ji Chang Wook has at least an unofficial fan base on facebook or twitter or somewhere where fans can receive regular updates about him, and also with a proper subbing team to translate his stuff. I noticed he now has a Chinese subbing team on Baidu for Chinese fans...just formed not too long ago I think. I see some of us here actually know Korean, but seems like all of us are busy with real life stuff to fully commit to regular subbing duties? I think it's quite crucial that he has a proper subbing team so that the English-speaking world can get to know more about him. Otherwise, people will watch his shows and like him, but they can't go a step further to truly become his fans because of the lack of information and content in English for them to "get closer" to him. That would be such a pity.

@Cherkell thank you for your detailed explanation!  
I was speaking based on what I see with another one of my favourite actors. Like what you've mentioned, that actor also has an official facebook page but hasn't been regularly updated. His international fans used to have a proper website but have since migrated to Facebook, where they have an unofficial page that shares information about him in English and appears to be quite successful, with fans from all over the world interacting on that page and organising support activities for the actor. So I guess that's why I thought such a thing might work for JCW too. But of course, it's easier said than done. A proper website like what you are suggesting might be a better way to unite fans rather than having them scattered in various FB pages. As an international fan, I never once thought it would be possible to actually join membership and receive goodies like photobooks, because that has always seemed like an exclusive privilege for Korean and Japanese fans only, that's why having a proper fan site never once crossed my mine.  
Likewise, the fans of the actor I was talking about have also gotten into nasty conflicts with the management because the management is only interested in marketing the actor in China, Japan and Korea, treating the rest of the world as invisible. I think many fan bases of kpop singers and actors/actresses operate in isolation from the official management. Possibly because the popularity of kdramas and kpop is spreading faster than these companies can manage, so they only have the ability to market their stars domestically, or in East Asia for some, but are quite unprepared for taking their star to the global stage. With Glorious being such a small company, it seems highly unlikely that a proper international fan club will ever materialise. But it is encouraging to know that his management is at least open to ideas and feedback from fans.  
I must say Ji Chang Wook is very lucky to have such a dedicated fan like you who will go all out for him! ;)
Ah yes, Happy Lunar New Year to all! I'll be spending the next few days feasting and adding kilos 

OH MY GOD THE FEELS ARE COMING BACK AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

From this week's episode of "Dugeundugeun Hangugeo," we present to you... THIS BLAST FROM THE PAST:

Now if you'll all excuse me, I'll just be whimpering over there in the corner.... *squeeeeeeeeeeeeee*

English translation of his Ceci February interview! Enjoy! It's another long article so you may refer to the link for the full version --> http://haeppimemoli.wordpress.com/2014/02/01/translation-ji-chang-wook-ceci-feb-2014-interview/

Vibrant red light, Ji Chang Wook

fcc1eb03738da9770452457eb251f8198618e33c

50-episode drama “Empress Ki” is approaching its halfway mark. Response has been very warm recently.

When I think back on how worried and vexed I was in the beginning, it seems like a lot of time has since passed. It’s fortunate that the audience like “Empress Ki” and I’m thankful for that. Although the weather is cold, the atmosphere at the set is very warm thanks to everyone.

Ta Hwan is a 3-dimensional character with emotional highs and lows.

Recently, there have been many nicknames such as Jealous Ta Hwan, Childish Ta Hwan and Serious Ta Hwan. The position of an emperor is such a lonely and tiring one. Because he is powerless, he lives surrounded by jealousy and evil scheming. He displays immature and foolish behaviour because he is vulnerable. He hasn’t been loved, doesn’t know how to love and has no idea what love is. Isn’t he very pitiful?

As a man, do you approve of a guy like Ta Hwan who can arouse the maternal instinct of women?

When your heart keeps going towards someone, one can get confused whether it is because of liking that person, because of concern out of pity or because of sympathy. In the long run, it could even become love. That’s why it will be good if Seungnyang will come to like Ta Hwan.

Are there any similarities or differences between Ta Hwan and yourself?

All my characters filter out through me. Although I can’t pinpoint exactly, parts of Ta Hwan’s childishness, jealousy, anger and sadness come from my inner self. Through the character, those feelings are expanded and drawn out from within?

So you are like Sun Wukong in “Flying Superboard” who can split himself into clones by plucking his hair. (*

a Korean animation that is based on the characters in the Chinese tale Journey to the West)

That’s right (laughs). There is catharsis in playing immoral characters sometimes. For example, when I have to act angry, I feel much better when all these suppressed feelings are released. My heart feels lighter after I exert all my strength. That’s why rest is important to an actor. You need to regain back all those emotions that you have lost so that you can use them again when you act.

What is rest time for actors?

A time to break free from your previous character. It’s also a time to prepare for your next role. Breaks are very short. That’s why when there’s time, I will go out of the house to mix around with people.

I recall a past photo of you in the subway being a hot topic.

I’m worried that I won’t be able to gain experiences needed for acting if I don’t do anything. There are many details of life that you can discover when you mingle with people. It is also interesting to witness and listen about the different life experiences of people. Because every person is different from the other.

What is your ideal girl like?

A cheerful girl with a positive mind. No matter what, someone who can be understanding of my abnormal work schedule as an actor. Most importantly, we should communicate well with each other. If I do meet such a girl, I will also be diligent with celebrating our anniversaries and coolly prepare surprises for her, right?

Source: http://mnbmagazine.joins.com/magazine/article.asp?magazine=201&articleId=D01P72IJ4C24UV