Ji Chang Wook 지창욱 - Upcoming Dramas: "The Queen Woo" (우씨왕후) (TVING) / "Bulk" (벌크) (JTBC) / Upcoming Movie "Revolver" (리볼버)

cherkell

@hanaseyes: I think I understand your frustration with EK. This drama is beginning to test my faith in the drama writers. It’s getting to the point where my head hurts and my heart hurts after watching the latest episodes. The main reason I am still hanging on by a thread is JCW, he is such a new find for me, so fascinating to watch. The super baby scenario is really “getting my goat.” 
I will miss your commentary there. You are so direct and clear.

hanaseyes said:

@susany2k5_1 : I mean the drama and EK theard too, because i don't want to watch it anymore. It's not because of WY shipper, but the drama has so much mistake and difficult to accept, and then turn into a most melo drama i've seen. It has a huge cost of prodution, why they let all of that happen ??? And then now they became a tragedy even for a little baby ! Even WY said on the conference that's his character is too much perfect, not real and conflit. And JCW said it is not right to ignore or deliberately distort history. But then they said that's a drama. Before when i saw a scene, i have the feeling, even hurt, happy, angry, but because of these illogical detail, i feel nothing, just ridiculous. I don't know what's they can imagine more in 25 may be 35 ep next. OMG. Ok, i said thousand times with myself, i close my eyes and force me to accept all that unbelivable details.

But behind of all mistakes make me laugh enough  , these scene with , JCW acting, it's so deep and so real. Sorry JCW, but I drop that drama, i can't saw you just crying over and over again. It's make me mad, sad, hopeless and too much time to follow. I must do another thing than your saddess face rest on my mind !!! For the film : look at TH, he's nothing and has nothing till the end, a family, a wife or a child of his own with the woman he loves and all the people just lie to, use to him !!!  What's the meaning behind alll of this ??? Is that ending for all these ones  who love another one too much ! I just don't accept ! Well, since it's not EK theard,  i can't said too much. But really, that drama makes me mad. I'm very angry now. I just want SN, WY, after YC family die, please take the baby and run far away from TH. Let's him alone , at least no one lie to him. Give him another life,  the life of his own. Don't use him for your own purpose anymore. It's enough ! For these ones continue to watch it. Sorry all of you too. Thank you and good luck.

@hanaseyes I understand your frustration, my dear. Most kdrama were so amazing when they were first aired and the quality of the drama deteriorated rapidly after a few episodes. And this seldom happened in Chinese drama land because they do not practice live shooting.... I think kdramas are still very very popular because of the stars, yes, the talent. And, of course the looks, too. I can never find a more handsome Chinese actor than most of the Korean actors... Anyway, do hang around here, will you?

HOT BREAKING NEWS!!!

Our Emperor Puppy has just been cast in a new FILM!!!  Details are slowly leaking out, so stay tuned and I'll keep updating!!! *squeeeeeeeeeee*

EDIT #1:  Looks like this is going to be a 'buddy cop' flick set in the Joseon Dynasty called "Two Constables" as a reboot of the PD-nim's prior works.  JCW will play the rookie cop (of course), with Sol Kyung-gu as his seasoned veteran partner.  Sol Kyung-gu just starred in the 2013 Grand Bell Daesang film "Wish," and has tons of other notable roles under his belt.  So far as I can tell, these are the only two cast as of today.  Off to do more research!

EDIT #2:  Directing will be Kang Woo-seok, who has brought us "Fists of Legend," "Hanbando." "Two Cops (1, 2 and 3)" and the "Public Enemy" trilogy so there's no slouch in that department!  He has often been called the most powerful man in Korean cinema, topping Cine21 magazine's list of '50 Most Powerful Men in Korean Cinema' for seven consecutive years from 1998 to 2004.  Billed as an "action comedy," but to me it sounds like a remake of something recent.  Still researching!

EDIT #3:  This film has been in the works since June 2013, right when Director Kang agreed to take on the project.  No exact start date for filming yet, but with a release date of the latter part of 2014, I assume nothing will go forward until EK has been wrapped.

EDIT #4:  If this is what I'm thinking is the right track, Director Kang adds another notch in his previous "Two Cops" oeuvre, with this new flick bringing the genre into the Joseon Era this time around.  (I remember seeing the first one that starred Ahn Sung-ki and Park Joong-hoon all the way back in 1994 at the Chicago Asian Film Festival.  Good times... )

OH MY GOD I THINK MY HEART IS GOING TO EXPLODE NOW!!!

Guest susany2k5_1

@hanaseyes your profile pic always make me laugh! Lol

@cherkell looks like the crazy pregnancy storyline has made Empress Ki ratings climb! Koreans really do love their makjang and craziness! :)) I'm glad that JCW is gaining a lot of credibility and fame out of this role. Can you imagine if jang geun seuk took on the role of TH? I don't think I'd like the Emperor as much as I do now for sure. Thank god he turned that down and the role eventually went to our Wookie! Do you know why our Wookie turned down the role at first? I'm sure I read somewhere that he reportedly refused the role but the producers were adamant and offered him the role again....

And here's some stills from the Mnet Wide Entertainment interview aired on 20 January 2014.  Still searching for a video that I don't have to spend time converting, dammit!  *hmpf*

2042026205_c33c4b2c_zps98eb0b03.png
2042026205_19a4e9b6_zpsddc8d8f7.png

A-HA!  That's where I saw the shirt he wore in his Twitter picture from a few days ago.  No wonder it was recognizable! *hee*

2042026205_d6ac004b_zpsb8a2d2e3.png

2042026205_44cf3b23_zps3507ed87.png
2042026205_5bc255f6_zpscd06c90c.png

(I believe the above photos are ones taken for the NYLON April 2014 issue.)

• Thanks 1

Guest ziimblu

Thank you all for the good news!
 **showers spring-themed confetti**
Movie for JCW!  This is manna. Especially at this most parched & trying times in EK journey :) Lovelovelove!!!

Helllo~! suddenly so much new activity here.
I'm also watching Empress Ki but I only lurk on the thread. 
Excited about the news about his new movie. The news say that production of the film is expected to commence in the first half of the year. Since Empress Ki is only ending in April, I hope this doesn't mean that his role in Empress Ki is going to end anytime soon, especially seeing how Ta Hwan seems to be having some heart problems. How can I continue watching this train wreck of a drama without our Ta Hwan?! :((
If he's not going to get killed off halfway in the show ala Princess Aurora style, I guess JCW is probably going to head straight into filming of his movie once EK ends. Such a busy man! No need to rest? It also makes me wonder if this is a last-minute push to film as many works as possible before his army enlistment. It's always better to leave on a high note!

2042026205_c33c4b2c_zps98eb0b03.png
This screenshot cracks me up. He looks so satisfied looking at his own picture. Even the caption says that he is happy just looking at the photo lol. Well, if you look that hot, is there any reason not to be happy about your own face?

Guest ziimblu

@CherkellThanks thanks thanks for all the gorgeous  photos and juicy details about JCW. :) :) :) 
Re: JCW interviews with eng sub - I have been searching online to watch eng sub interviews of him (film/drama/any cf/guesting-related interview).   May I know/ask where or which site can we access his interviews (or press con of EK, or other projects) with eng sub.....thank you  ;;)

@ziimblu As far as I know, Eng-sub interviews of him are few and far between, because I've tried searching them myself too. Unless @cherkell has some tips to share hehe. There are quite a few interviews of him on Youtube and non-English websites though, albeit without subtitles. 
I don't even see English translations of his magazine interviews, so I was considering helping to translate some, just that I don't have much free time at the moment.
In fact, I think quite a lot of his stuff without subs aren't even posted online or have since been removed, such as the "Night Trip" variety show and his holiday trip to Singapore that he filmed for the SBS morning programme. Gah!

Exactly what @daegorr says -- it's like a needle in a haystack trying to suss out subbed interviews and other media.  A few years back, there was a gal at WITH2 who was translating the smaller items like the sub-2 minute snippets, but she has since gone missing and took her content with her.  (Tracee, come back PLEEEEEEEEEEEEASE!!!  We need you more than ever right now!!!!)

I was really shocked to see that SBS took down about 9/10ths of the Singapore show.  I have some but not all of it, but am afraid to get another cease-and-desist from SBS from the last time I put up one of the segments.  Must be time to set up that personal sharing cloud server?  *hmmmm*

And on that note, I am completely wiped out from covering today's events and getting up at 4 AM for EK.  So I leave you all with some lovely .gifs of today's Mnet interview put up by the fine folks at DC JCW.  Enjoy and see you in a few hours for Episode 24.  Ta!

3077032512_107dc227_zps1606d209.gif
3077032512_0606daad_zpsb9e066a9.gif
3077032512_15a62aee_zps883e9534.gif
3077032512_00b1d62a_zpsce6acf74.gif
3077032512_77c487c5_zps76bf6179.gif
Dead.  Officially DEAD NOW.  :X :X :X

• Thanks 1