Ji Chang Wook 지창욱 - Upcoming Dramas: "The Queen Woo" (우씨왕후) (TVING) / "Bulk" (벌크) (JTBC) / Upcoming Movie "Revolver" (리볼버)

cherkell

As seen above, our Little Emperor Puppy has been chosen by Ad Hoc Menswear to be the face for their Spring/Summer 2014 clothing line.  One of the press articles stated that "even with his shooting schedule, he barely looked tired and shows a variety or poses and facial expressions."   Oh, I dunno... I think he looks plenty tired in some of those shots!  Get some rest, Puppy!!!

2014012301019_0_zps862ed2e8.jpg
(Credit: Fashion Chosun Online)

Here's a link to the Mnet WIDE Entertainment interview from 20 January 2014:  http://enews24.interest.me/news/article.asp?nsID=332215

LOL LOL LOL troll away, My Precious Pumpkin!  A better video will be embedded as soon as we get our hands on one!

6f80007e-8754-4504-aaa5-567e528b4afa_zps

• Thanks 1

Here's the other official press shoots from the ELLE Korea February 2014 issue.  Don't be alarmed, folks -- the smoke is only a prop.  My Precious has not started smoking again (from what I've been told)... because he knows that some of us would beat the holy crap out of him if he was back on the nicotine!!! 

And here's a link to the ELLE article itself (Korean):  http://www.elle.co.kr/article/view.asp?MenuCode=en010302&intSno=9764

2006273918_cebe9ecb_image_zps19d685fb.jp
2006273918_de175e2b_image_zps3f43ab2f.jp
2006273918_fbff85d2_image_zps65424995.jp

[NEWS] Ji Chang-wook Taken to Hospital with 39ºC Fever and Severe Cold; Filming and Appearances Cancelled:  http://www.nocutnews.co.kr/news/1173365

Our Emperor Puppy was too sick to attend the VIP Premiere of Ha Ji-won's "The Huntresses" movie tonight (23 January).  He was stricken on set and chose to remain there, but the fever and pain became too great and he was rushed to the hospital around 12:30 PM KST today (24 January).  All filming of his scenes have been postponed until further notice.

*sobs*  Dammit, I knew this was going to happen.  Rushing around from photoshoot to filming to awards shows back to photoshoots in this wicked weather was going to catch up with his immune system.  Everyone keep My Precious in your prayers and hope this passes quickly.  JIBAEUNIM FIGHTING!!! :X

Guest niknokdagu425

Uri Paeha, get well soon!!! OH MY HE is so gorgeous on those pictorials, im going crazy with sexiness and handsomeness why did he have to be so younger than me,hehehe, how i wish him and HJW unnie would date oopps sorry forgiive my wishful thinking :)>- :)>-

Here is a twitter update from JCW a few hours ago:
으아...정말 감기 너무심하다... 움직이기도 힘들만큼 ㅠㅠㅠ 촬영밤새고 어제아침에 기절해서 이제 정신차렸는데... 다시촬영장으로..ㅠㅠ 다들정말 감기조심.....으윽 ㅠ
Whoa….really cold is too harsh....moving just as hard (sad, sad, sad) shooting through the night and yesterday morning I fainted but now I am back to my senses....Again back to the set (sad, sad) Everyone really be careful of colds….Ugh (sad)

How can he be heading back to the set? I hope he doesn't push himself too hard and has time to properly recover. :-S 

Looks like Changwookie is feeling much better now! At least...well enough to tweet. My korean is still not perfect, so forgive me if there are mistakes in the translation! 
몸이 많이 나아졌어요..! 걱정마세요^^ 제가 꼴에 배우라고 항상 주변에서 챙겨주신답니다 감사합니다.... 아...열심히해야지... 다들 정말 감기조심하세요!!!!!^^

Translation:I'm feeling much better now...! Please do not worry^^People around me always have to take care of such a pathetic actor like me. Thank you...ah...I ought to work hard... Everyone please take care not to catch a cold!!!!!^^

The Two Acts Of "Empress Ki"

A round of applause may be in order for the writers of the 50-episode historical drama "Empress Ki." Not only have they been able to keep the pace of the drama going for 24 exciting episodes. But the complex puzzle of a plot was set up so neatly that the story is now divided into two acts.

Right on target, by the end of Episode 24, Act One ended. Ha Ji Won's character Seungnyang underwent a transformation. She left her dreams behind and abandoned her principles to enact revenge and attain justice.

Seungnyang has lived through terrible tragedies, losing both her mother and father in horrible circumstances. And she plotted murder before to avenge her father's death. But in the end she could not exact her revenge. She has been a fierce determined warrior fighting for what she believed in, but she always had some principles. She could have used Emperor Ta Hwan's affection for her to change her own destiny and that of her fellow enslaved Koreans. She didn't. She was clear about wanting to return to Korea and serve her king Wang Yoo, played by Joo Jin Mo.

And for a while it seemed that she would not only get her heart's desire but she would reign in Korea as his queen.

The cruel loss of Lady Pak, her friends and her newborn child made Seungnyang want to avenge their murder, which was ordered by the reigning empress. And then finding out that Wang Yoo was marrying someone else broke her heart. What she saw as his betrayal helped her realize how she would accomplish her revenge.

She does not know that he thinks she died or that he is using his marriage alliance to seek revenge for her death.

The second act in "Empress Ki" may correspond more closely to what actually happened in history. The real Empress Ki arrived in the Yuan court as a concubine and rose to Empress by winning the Emperor's favor. Winning the war of court intrigue she became a powerful ruler in her own right.

Sungnyang is now prepared to do whatever it takes to revenge the deaths of those she loves. She will marry the Emperor, played by Ji Chang Wook. She cares for him but does not love him the way she loved Wang Yoo. But it is only by helping him regain power that she will be able to defeat El Temur and his evil daughter, the reigning Empress.

From the first act, viewers know that Seungnyang will do whatever it takes to accomplish a mission. In the drama's second act she will use the arts of war to win at court intrigues rather than on the battlefield. The real battle is about to begin.

K-Drama Actors Who Also Perform In Musicals

A few k-drama actors are not satisfied with merely starring in dramas and films. They also like to perform in musicals.

Since some started out as singers, that only makes sense, but a few who never had a singing career also like to perform on a stage.

Ji Chang Wook, who plays the Emperor in "Empress Ki," began his acting career in musicals and apparently still enjoys them. In 2013, besides readying himself for a leading role in the 50-episode historical drama, he also took part in three musicals: "The Days," "Jack the Ripper" and "Brothers Were Brave."

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/14669/20140123/k-drama-actors-who-also-perform-in-musicals.htm

:-h