Ji Chang Wook 지창욱 - Upcoming Dramas: "The Queen Woo" (우씨왕후) (TVING) / "Bulk" (벌크) (JTBC) / Upcoming Movie "Revolver" (리볼버)

cherkell

Guest minksquared

Hi @mtdt, I've seen you from LMH's forum. Welcome and let's enjoy JCW together here! :) JCW is really daebak in Healer! :) He's also simply awesome in Empress Ki too, watch it if you have time :) :) :)

Guest minksquared

@CherKell  thank you sooo much for translating so many of JCW's resources. I really appreciate and enjoy all of the work that goes into jcwkitchen! It really is one of the best sites for English speaking fans like me!  >:D<

minksquared said: Hi @mtdt, I've seen you from LMH's forum. Welcome and let's enjoy JCW together here! :) JCW is really daebak in Healer! :) He's also simply awesome in Empress Ki too, watch it if you have time :) :) :)

@kanyaprasetyo thanks so much! i thought so too about gentle monster but never knew about oakleys….:D
suddenly thought of something else to add on: (oh no i really dunno how to edit the posts here….grrr…)
so i guess there's really not many options for overseas fans when it comes to sending him gifts? I don't know when will I be able to actually see him in person haha…i just think it'd be nice if we could deliver it to his agency instead...

Translations of Ji Chang Wook's Tudou Interview (Translated from the chinese subs in the video)
Did you ever imagine Healer to be so popular?
I’m arranging my thoughts, how did I complete Healer… Who did I meet in this process, recalling the wonderful time I’ve spent. In truth, after the filming concluded, I feel relaxed yet sad to part with the drama, and also feel pity about stuffs. Even though it’s good to get some rest, I feel some regrets towards this project.

Motive to act in Healer? 
Healer’s script is interesting. And I think Healer is a character that male actors would all want to try… In the drama, there’s a lot of things that fit with the reality of the society - whether will it be able to let audience enjoy the show, I carried that thought as I acted.

Hardest part in filming?
It was really cold. Is china cold too? /told that china is cold too/
It’s really cold, and there’s a lot of actions scenes so it’s hard. There's also a lot of changing styles.. there’s the two characters SJH and PBS, and I have to portray their different sides respectively, so it’s hard, but it’s fun.

I haven’t felt real towards my popularity in china yet, but China audiences gave me a lot of love, so i’m thankful. Thank you for the support, hope that u all enjoy and i will present a better side to u all in the future.

What's attractive about Healer?
The action scenes in the drama is nice, and the loveline is rly romantic and sweet too. 
The reality about the society is also relayed in a light manner. I think thats the main attraction of this drama.

SJH's charms?
SJH is a lonely and sad kid, with flaws. So everyone will want to hug, protect him. While he is manly and has got strong will to protect others, but his loneliness makes people have the thought to want to protect him. I think that flaw and inferiority gave SJH this character some unique charms.

On working with Park Min Young...
PMY has rly good acting skills. I met her for the first time in this project, and we talked about the drama together a lot. And we have the chemistry in the filming of our loveline. When I was watching our scene tgt on the tv, the scene is really beautiful. 
So my mood is really good and felt happy in the process of acting together.

On his acting...
I actually dont have much skills and methods in portraying emotional scenes. 
I just read the script well and understand it well, and I'll naturally be able to portray well. I think that’s the best method to act those emotional scenes well.

Then he was asked to act with SJH eyes/expressions, and he initially laughed and got awkward and shy. But he recited a line anyway with the SJH expression, the line where he said about the things he like and what he dislike... *cue swooning*

On releasing an album...
I don’t have the intention to release an album, but hopefully a chance to try in the future. Not
 just singing a song but telling my story, i think it will be interesting.

Do you prefer drama or musical?
Drama and movies are different from musical. Dramas and movies tend to be very strict on details to be perfectly done. Musical wise, the audiences are just infront of you, and it's more like a place where actors on stage receive respect. So each of these (drama, movie, musical) has their own attraction.

When u went on Running Man, it caused a hot topic. Are you that blur in real life?
/laughs/ I don’t know if i’m blur in real life. I’m not good in variety shows, and in RM u have to lie to win, i didnt know well the rules, so I think my honesty and directness in that episode makes everyone feels that its interesting and funny as they watched. I even sat on rides, which i dont usually in real life, so I felt scared. My character in real life is not much different from on the show.

What do you do in your free time?
I like to stay at home and meet friends. I
f i meet friends i’ll keep meeting and going out. If i stay at home i’ll keep staying and not step out.

Ideal type?
Not much in terms of looks but have to be able to communicate well with me. 
I think that’s important. Only then, the process of dating can be fun. If both parties cant communicate and are not in the same frequency, it will not be fun.I would get together with someone in the same freq as me

What kind of boyfriend will u be?
I’m not the overbearing type character. So I would probably be gentle and sweet to my gf.

Update weibo on his own? 
Yes I update it personally.

Feelings towards increase in fans? 
I feel happy, that everyone is following me is a happy thing. 
Healer receiving such attention, proved that we are really successful. I hope that everyone will keep supporting my future works, and I will meet everyone in even better future projects

Will u read fan comments? 
Yes. I occassionally will see comments in korean which i understsand. In chinese not really, but the emoticons i understand, so I use emoticon to understand and reply.

He was then asked to speak in chinese that he knows, and he said "what is your name"

I learn chinese in high school, but it's been such a long time, I'm not really good at it anymore. 

What would you be if you're not an actor?
An office worker? A normal worker perhaps.

Where do you see yourself in Ten years? 
Acting in roles i like, living with the person i love

Upcoming?
Healer just ended, so i'll be doing Healer related promotions. Also, to choose my next project carefully and prepare well. And maybe go to china, for a chance to meet china fans.

Greetings to china fans (Tudou is china-based)
I'm Ji Chang Wook, I haven't got the chance to meet everyone until now, but thank you for liking and supporting me so much. Hopefully I'll be able to have a fanmeet soon, and i'll bring better projects in the future, thank you!

Guest uctqepe

he's nothing but consistent and lacks of juicy stuffs.. kakakakakakka.. he has been repeating he has some regrets on Healer.. Beside the ratings, i wonder if there are more to it... By repeating it, I feel like he wants that message to be relayed, maybe to the producers of sponsors or I dont know, just my personal baseless opinion.. 
I wish the reporter asked questions like "who is the actor/actress you want to act with in the future?"//"What genre you'd like to try?"//.. it's a common question asked to any K-actor/actress anyway.. but i have never heard from him.. 
Thank you so much @kdramafangirlz !! 

uctqepe said: he's nothing but consistent and lacks of juicy stuffs.. kakakakakakka.. he has been repeating he has some regrets on Healer.. Beside the ratings, i wonder if there are more to it... By repeating it, I feel like he wants that message to be relayed, maybe to the producers of sponsors or I dont know, just my personal baseless opinion.. 
I wish the reporter asked questions like "who is the actor/actress you want to act with in the future?"//"What genre you'd like to try?"//.. it's a common question asked to any K-actor/actress anyway.. but i have never heard from him.. 
Thank you so much @kdramafangirlz !! 

Guest uctqepe

@kdramafangirlzyup! clues from his previous interviews and SJN's words, the regrets could be related to ratings, editing, lack of time/liveshooting, lack of money for the production.. 

Kanyaprasetyo and I have subbed many of his taiwan interviews and fan meeting clips.
just go to youtube link hereIts under Kanya's ji chang wook indonesia account (although I am Singaporean, nevermind we are neighbours)
I have also spent hours translating his appearance on Radiostar in 2013, but due to copyright issues, it is not uploaded on youtube and only for private circulation. Please pm Kanyaprasetyo for the link. I think even though he didnt get much screen time on that show, it is still interesting to watch because it was one of his rare variety appearance before his fame from Empress Ki. He did a back flip there and you can see how close he is with Oh Jong Hyuk.

:bz

he is really sweet ..i like his way to ans questions....wanna see video with eng SUb soon...i hope anyone does it ..his latest IV -  tudo with  eng sub

class="entry-title"[Eng Sub] 20150216 Ji Chang Wook Tudou Exclusive Interview

The video is finally out!

In the interview, Ji Chang Wook talks about “Healer”, his innocent appearance on “Running Man”, and also a short but interesting segment on his usage of Weibo and his Chinese language abilities.  (Note that the English subtitles are mostly translated based on what he said in Korean rather than the Chinese subtitles, which were somewhat inaccurate and left out certain lines of what he said.)

Continue reading →http://jichangwookkitchen.com/2015/02/17/eng-sub-20150216-ji-chang-wook-tudou-exclusive-interview/