[Drama 2015] Answer Me 1988 응답하라 1988

czakhareina

Finally watched today's episode and the snow in the preview reminded me so  much of chilbong....hopefully the love line won't be as bad as 1994 >_<

I just noticed  that the episodes almost always end with a scene of JH-DS like the alley the bus and now the umbrella scene, did any of the other reply series end like that?  All these cute scenes with JH-DS make me believe he is the husband, if he gets chilbonged I'm sure ill be disappointed, im trying so hard not to ship them too much to avoid heartbreak but the writer makes it almost impossible with all these scenes xD 

The two previous Replies often ended with the OTP or something related to their relationship.

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@lelee @carolinedl Mine too! His expresionless face it's what made it funnier, just like when he did the greeting gag lol. I love this guy. He pretends he doesn't care but he's such a sweetheart. 

I don't think he pretends he doesn't care. I think  he is quite observer type but as much as I see it is just that even if he knows what is going on he just doesn't know what to do about it. For example he knows how he felts toward DS and knows her different approach to SW so what? He just needs to go ask counselor ^^

Finally watched today's episode and the snow in the preview reminded me so  much of chilbong....hopefully the love line won't be as bad as 1994 >_<

I just noticed  that the episodes almost always end with a scene of JH-DS like the alley the bus and now the umbrella scene, did any of the other reply series end like that?  All these cute scenes with JH-DS make me believe he is the husband, if he gets chilbonged I'm sure ill be disappointed, im trying so hard not to ship them too much to avoid heartbreak but the writer makes it almost impossible with all these scenes xD 

The two previous Replies often ended with the OTP or something related to their relationship.

I see then I guess maybe the writers are keeping the same style in the way they section the drama (when concerning the husband), more reason to believe that JH is the husband now lol

@lelee favourite scene is the part when JH's mum wasn't home and all the men had the freedom to do whatever they wanted. I was also impressed with JB(JH's hyung) and the way he solved things. That guy may not like to study but he sure as hell knows a lot of things.

I keep seeing people on twitter say one of the reasons SW is/could be the husband is because DS left the chocolate in his bag. However, doesn't that just NOT make him the husband? Considering the actual husband in the present time said he never got chocolate from DS.

I don't know I kind of feel the chocolate "story" isn't that big of a deal in the husband mystery but still

They have been trolled, If you watch Reply series, you know how the writers trolls the viewers with those clue, never believe of anything until it is 100% sure that its him, plus the fact that the writers never give obvious clue, Its is more possible that SW will be another CB of 1994 or SW is not attracted to DS but with her sister Bora. So far I think it is between Jung Hwan and Taek and I will not be surprised if Dong Ryeong will be a possibility. 

I find that the episode title for the Answer Me series is usually very telling about the episode and serves as the "theme" of that episode.

However, the title for Episode 5 ("월동준비", or "Preparing for Winter") does not seem very fitting. Yes, Episode 5 showed the families stocking up on coals for winter (and in the case of SW's family, not having enough), but when the theme of today's episode was clearly about the role of the mom in her child's lives, I know that the writer could have come up with a more clever title.

Instead, in light of the fact that we know SW intends to confess to his crush in winter and that the title for Episode 6 is "The First Snow Is Coming," episode 5 must be laying out the groundwork (or preparing) for what is the major event to come in tomorrow's episode. It also makes sense why Episode 5 ended so abruptly, also pretty uncharacteristic of the Answer Me series. 

In other words, hang on tight for tomorrow! 

I wonder how SW's mom feeds her kids. I mean she doesn't work, SW doesn't work yet...neither does JJ.. How is she paying for everything? She clearly doesn't have much, but something. Did I miss something here? ^^;

In today's episode, when the mother in law visits, she mentioned that SW's mom doesn't work and lives off her son's (SW'S dad's) pension.

Someone mentioned here earlier hypothesizing that SW's dad may have been a pilot or was in the armed forces. I'm not sure if that's exactly right, but it's probably not far off. In Korea, pensions are paid to public servants or government employees after retirement or death.

Okay, this is beyond crazy. But EP5 rating is 10.2%!!! And for everyone's information, the highest rating for Reply1994 was the finale EP20 with 10.4%

Reply 1988 is only 5 episodes in and broke 10% record!!! At this rate maybe they might even break 20% by end of the drama and create new record!:blink:

2mr9oqr.jpg

And I'm somehow not that surprised cause I see a lot of products in Reply1988 become popular again thanks to this drama. Like the chicken, beer, soju, ice cream and chocolate brand etc became popular, in demand and trend again after it aired in R88. Not to mention the famous "Aigoo Kim Sajang" greeting is also making it rounds as everyone is imitating it. Scenes from the drama is also going viral almost every time new episode finish airing:p

Okay, this is beyond crazy. But EP5 rating is 10.2%!!! And for everyone's information, the highest rating for Reply1994 was the finale EP20 with 10.4%

Reply 1988 is only 5 episodes in and broke 10% record!!! At this rate maybe they might even break 20% by end of the drama and create new record!:blink:

And I'm somehow not that surprised cause I see a lot of products in Reply1988 become popular again thanks to this drama. Like the chicken, beer, soju, ice cream and chocolate brand etc became popular, in demand and trend again after it aired in R88. Not to mention the famous "Aigoo Kim Sajang" greeting is also making it rounds as everyone is imitating it. Scenes from the drama is also going viral almost every time new episode finish airing:p

OH MY GOD THAT IS AMAZING!!! I am so so happy for the cast :w00t:

Not surprise with the increasing ratings.  With each new Reply series, they retain viewers from the previous series and gain more as well.  Happy for the cast.  This almost guarantees more Replies to come.

If there's another Reply after this I hope they cast Kim Sooro as one of the parents. I think he's good at comical roles and can also do emotional well, and I'm also fan of him from Family Outing. And since PD already had him cameo for R88, they might as well invite him to join their next installment I wish xD And of course there's no Reply without dad Dongil and mom Ilhwa^_^

Guest nchoerunnisa

Okay... now I'm interested in JB. I bet he's actually a genius. If only he put more effort in his education, I'm sure he would be as good as JH and BR or even better than them both. I think he's one of those special kids who doesn't fit in some conventional school because it's way too boring for them and failed to catch their interest. He has such a great potential, he just need to be directed.

Was this just my imagination or what, because I think he has crush on BR. It seemed like he tried to impress BR by speaking english in private tutorial scene. I hope this was not just my imagination because I bet they will be cute as a couple. Maybe someone as rough as BR is all he need to get motivated and do something about his life. LOL. Maybe I'm such a loner in this ship, because so many of you has jump to SW-BR's ship already. Hahaha.

OMG the rating hit 10.2% already? Impressive achievement!! Especially because Reply 1988 is a third sessions. And there's no third session in film or television has ever been successful.

Archived