[Drama 2015] Answer Me 1988 응답하라 1988

czakhareina

Guest nchoerunnisa

Sometimes i hope JH will ask DS to study with him rather than her go to study room at night ..its to dangerous for her come back home late like that because she's a girl..

-i m also CALL for a kiss.. 

I know right!

Why didn't he just offer DS to be tutored by him and lend her his Mr. Number One's Note plus potential exam question, and then name for a price as disguise of his true
nice-sweet-genuine-intention?

Oh wait, I think that's a scene from another drama. :P:lol:

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay someone hold my earrings and my glasses *puts hair in a bun* These people are trying me. @blue_angel_1004 and @hamiki I already clearly stated that Bong hyung is my man! (yeah yeah he's 2 decades older than me in the present but age ain't nothing but a number) Don't mess with my ahjussi oppa ok! Unless Duk Seon breaks Junghwan's heart and my poor little pit bull who like Yoon Jae needs lessons on how-to-properly-tell-a-girl-who-is-a-dunce-to-the-most-obvious-of-things-that-you-like-her aka use your words before your best friend or brother beats you to it and ruins  your d-day, allows me to mend his heart and have him proclaiming ala Maiah Carey "I don't know ha" while making heart eyes at me; HYUNG IS MINE!!! I DON'T SHARE! BACK OFF OR GIVE ME JUNGHWAN. Actually just have a kdrama writer come and write my life and give me four unbelievably awesome and handsome male friends who all thirst after me because Seol is that small, I am a special snow flake, no other girls exist (or boys for that matter) so I will never meet or love anyone but one of them and vice versa. Even if it's been 4577875:5 years no one ever gets over their first love, EVER! Fate will have us meet (after that heifer cockblocks us a few times) at the slowest closing elevator doors known to man. The only coffee shop or rooftop or airport or middle of the road (especially if it's raining or snowing but watch out for the van of death) because there is only ever just one. Me and this friend that has loved me forever will kiss, marry, and live happily ever after. Better yet let a kdrama writer give me the ability to do the slow mo THE ONE pass by so I can find my one and only already, and Bong hyung is yours :D 

Got few questions to ask, 

1) Reply 1988 those leads never speak dialect?  So far, only the parents speak dialect... 

2) From which scenes, you guys get the hint that SW like BR?  I think I miss out? Coz I never see how SW go "peep" on BR?

Can you guys enlighten me?

Thank you. 

The writers of the Reply Series are total trolls! i hate them but I LOVE them. I just need to get that off my chest.

SunWoo could go both ways,  it hints at DS but it kind... of... hints at Bora as well. I personally think it's DS since for some strange reason, he starts screaming her name before he even enters the front gate or her house. BUT, he always follows her into the house regardless if she meets him outside or not, to see Bora perhaps? See where the reasoning blurs?? Anyways, i'm firmly planted on JHxDS ship, been on it since episode 1. But if SW does like DS, then SW will most likely be the husband since Reply is very firm on "first love" and how it will always be end game.

BUT then, I really don't know because I think that deep down DS is developing feelings for JH. It's my girly feels! My spidey sense is sensing romance I tell you. Do you all see that baffled confused look on DS when JH handed her the umbrella? ok, so i might be slightly delusional, but really i feel it!!!  

I forgot to mention, although my heart is bending over Jung Hwan because I've seen his swoon-worthy actions, but I don't really have a strong OTP to ship at this moment. I'm both on Jung Hwan or Sun Woo's side, whoever makes Duk Seon feels loved the most. Sun Woo, given his brighter personality compared to Jung Hwan, appears to be so opaque. There's more to it than what he shows to everyone. When I watched the first episode, I thought I'd be frustrated in reading Jung Hwan (especially when he secretly gave that secret smirk for Duk Seon on TV). But now, going into episode 6, Sun Woo is so hard to puzzle and leave little clues here and there. What a contrast between him and Jung Hwan when real feelings are involved. Also, with parents too. Like Jung Hwan acts so transparent when needs to be around his parents, but Sun Woo bottles it all in (ie, hid where he got his wound on his chin, not saying about his mom's cooking etc). 

I've always had my main OTP from first/second episodes and stuck with them till the very end, but this is the second time (after Sassy Go Go) where I don't really care who the girl ends up with because the boys who care for her are just soooo genuine. I might be saying this way too early (that Sun Woo might eventually see her as more than a childhood friend), but yeah as of episode 5, I don't have OTPs. (I fangirled during the first few minutes of Ep 3 with Sun Woo constatly calling out to Duk Seon, but fangirled more halfway the episode with Jung Hwan and Duk Seon trapped in the narrow alley). If Sun Woo is really a strong contender for the husband here, he better step up his game and stop being so opaque! 

I feel the same way (minus the Sassy Go Go part - I was a KYD+KY shipper from the beginning). I like both Sun Woo and Jung Hwan. It's so hard to choose. 

Ugh. I wish Dramafever would upload the episodes faster. 

From Dramabeans

"They say that God couldn't be in all places at ones and so created mothers. Even when I become a mother,my mother is my guardian angel, and calling her by the name "Mother" makes my heart choke up. Mom is strong"- Adult Bora.

Excuse me while I cry in a corner. :tears: 

Immediately after reading DB recap(especially the bolded), I called my mum to tell her "I love you"(which i dont say at all) and all I got was "errrr..What big thing did you do wrong this time?" LOL yep..I'm back to earth but I still love her and had I told her.

Got few questions to ask, 

1) Reply 1988 those leads never speak dialect?  So far, only the parents speak dialect... 

2) From which scenes, you guys get the hint that SW like BR?  I think I miss out? Coz I never see how SW go "peep" on BR?

Can you guys enlighten me?

Thank you. 

I wish this could help you, :)

1. the parents are from outside Seoul, we got to see Duksun's appa hometown while grandmom passed away, and as per Junghwan's mom told his husband to find his friend who left to Seoul together with him. While the kids, except Taek, were born and raised while they're living in the neighborhood. That's why parents speak in their saturi while children in perfect Seoul accent.

2. My first impression actually started because I read speculative comments by K-Netz, and since that I keep on seeing hints, I see Sunwoo is starring at washing-hair-Bora while he was trying to borrow correction fluid to Duksun. Also he took glances at Bora when he was picking up Duksun for a ramyeon at Taek's. He is the one who realized that Duksun wearing her sister's denim jacket, no matter Duksun said it was hers. And he dolled up himself with wet denim shirt for the private lesson, and I think he won't need to dolled up if it's for Duksun because he sees her everyday anyway.

I posted this before :

Screenshot_2015-11-16-21-49-43_zpsnbmzss

About #2 are just my speculation because of what K-netz hv stated, so it might as well wrong. Don't be too affected by it anyway, chingu~~^^ 

SeonWoo said " What’re the two of you going to do when I’m gone? " . 

Is this foreshadowing that something might happen to SeonWoo? I hope this isn't true.

I hope this won't happen to him and all of the characters.

No, it's Junghwan who said that. ^____^

I quote Dramabeans :

Deok-sun feeds Sun-woo his banana milk, and he tries to get her to go home because she’s hovering. Deok-sun tells Jung-hwan to leave instead, and that gets him all jealous and riled up: “What’re the two of you going to do when I’m gone?” Ha. Sun-woo tells them to stop fighting and kicks them both out instead.

SeonWoo said " What’re the two of you going to do when I’m gone? " . 

Is this foreshadowing that something might happen to SeonWoo? I hope this isn't true.

I hope this won't happen to him and all of the characters.

No, it's Junghwan who said that. ^____^

Thanks for the corrections. Nevertheless,  I'm still worried that something might happen to any of the characters. 

I really hope they're going to be okay up to the present.  

Taek kinda reminds me of actor Freddie Highmore, especially in the movie August Rush he almost look like Taek. Anyways, this drama is so entertaining, me lovey :wub:.

OMG...yes yes yes. Freddie has similarities with PBG when it comes to their acting. Theybdont have to say anything but little acts they do will move you. 

DongRyong is  great on giving advices to people ... that could be considered smart and wise, right?

Speaking about baduk genius cutie Taek, I'm sure we will have more surprises from him ... we will get more sheep and goat sound effects (just like the rubik's cube scene).

I forgot to mention, although my heart is bending over Jung Hwan because I've seen his swoon-worthy actions, but I don't really have a strong OTP to ship at this moment. I'm both on Jung Hwan or Sun Woo's side, whoever makes Duk Seon feels loved the most. Sun Woo, given his brighter personality compared to Jung Hwan, appears to be so opaque. There's more to it than what he shows to everyone. When I watched the first episode, I thought I'd be frustrated in reading Jung Hwan (especially when he secretly gave that secret smirk for Duk Seon on TV). But now, going into episode 6, Sun Woo is so hard to puzzle and leave little clues here and there. What a contrast between him and Jung Hwan when real feelings are involved. Also, with parents too. Like Jung Hwan acts so transparent when needs to be around his parents, but Sun Woo bottles it all in (ie, hid where he got his wound on his chin, not saying about his mom's cooking etc). 

I've always had my main OTP from first/second episodes and stuck with them till the very end, but this is the second time (after Sassy Go Go) where I don't really care who the girl ends up with because the boys who care for her are just soooo genuine. I might be saying this way too early (that Sun Woo might eventually see her as more than a childhood friend), but yeah as of episode 5, I don't have OTPs. (I fangirled during the first few minutes of Ep 3 with Sun Woo constatly calling out to Duk Seon, but fangirled more halfway the episode with Jung Hwan and Duk Seon trapped in the narrow alley). If Sun Woo is really a strong contender for the husband here, he better step up his game and stop being so opaque! 

I actually think SW is doing a great job at his own pace if the one he likes really is DS. Unlike SW, JH just begun crushing on DS, these feelings are newly developed and i think that's why they are so transparent. SW's crush started 3 years ago, needless to day, he has figured out how to hide his feelings while still showing interest. Of course, these are just my assumptions because it all comes down to WHO it is that SW has been crushing on...

Guest neonmoon

I love how the latest episode focused on moms. I can totally relate to Junghwan's dependence on their mom in the household. Haha. I also have to say Sun-woo's mom is such a strong woman to endure all those struggles, trying her best to raise her kids by herself yet still have to hear nasty stuff from her mother-in-law. Her statement is an ugly truth that sometimes strangers feel more like a family than you own blood. Somehow I now understand why it’s that easy for her to get emotional when it comes to her kids.

I almost teared up when Bora immediately backed down upon seeing how much Mom got hurt while looking out for her. Omoooo. At first, I wasn’t much in favor of her whiny and stubborn nature who acts like she’s the queen of the Sung household. But I’m glad the writer’s adding more depth to her character. She’s been progressively redeeming herself being a pillar of strength to her siblings during their grandmother’s passing and then we knew from Mom she’s had her fair share of sacrifices setting aside her dreams of becoming lawyer so she can have a way of supporting her studies without relying on her parents. I bet she’ll still be able to pursue it eventually knowing how smart and determined she is. 

We’ve also got more obvious signs that Jung-hwan and Deok-sun will get together eventually just by the multiple scenes which highlight his growing jealousy and concern for Deok-sun. Junghwan just won me over and I’d declare that totally he deserves to be the future husband! He’s not your typical tsundere, he's someone who'd make you squee even in middle the wee hours. <3 Seriously, who wouldn’t root for him? Unlike with Jung-hwan, we’re still kept in the dark of Sun woo’s thoughts except a hint of his motivation for those sneaky moves. And our little girl Deok-sun hilariously tries so hard to be her best in front of Sun-woo but cracks me up each time she fails. HAHAHA. 

I think Taek’s character development is so low-profile and subtle that I’m quite scared the writers will drop a bomb on him one seemingly fine day. Eotteokke?

The new episode is out in a few hours so I'm gonna camp here to catch up on the happenings! =O)

Archived