[Drama 2015] Answer Me 1988 응답하라 1988

czakhareina

It's official. I am in love with Bong hyung. HE IS MINE AND I WILL FIGHT YOU IF YOU TRY TO SNATCH HIM UP! He's weird but intelligent in that odd sort of way. He's handsome and big and cuddly (I want sleep in his lap like JH did) and he could engulf me in a bear hug. The two of us would live rich fabulous lives because all those stamps and his weekly collections are worth some real green today. I truly love the character (he is so his dad in his oddity, while JH is more his mom). I anticipate his every scene (so little yet he does so much) and get all smiley and laugh and just fangirl over his perfection. I want to buy a ruler and play games in the arcade with him all day or slowly peel stamps and teach each other Engrish :) I adore the entire Kim family and my heart pitter patters for hyung :wub: (and JH but he's spoken for by too many :P)

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest durrahkhairuddin

i have a lot to say AGAIN hahahaha. 

1. it is always the female lead's first kiss will be his husband. ENDGAME there.
2. unlike R97 and R94, R88 doesnt show much present scenes during 2015 but shows more clues at the pasts. 
3. ALWAYS and ALWAYS the husband is not really handsome like typical korean actors but someone with more charms. 
4. I hope one is not worry with Go Kyungpyo's controversy. I dont really call that as controversy either. You need to know that knetz worship Suzy like some sort of GOD there. 

It's official. I am in love with Bong hyung. HE IS MINE AND I WILL FIGHT YOU IF YOU TRY TO SNATCH HIM UP! He's weird but intelligent in that odd sort of way. He's handsome and big and cuddly (I want sleep in his lap like JH did) and he could engulf me in a bear hug. The two of us would live rich fabulous lives because all those stamps and his weekly collections are worth some real green today. I truly love the character (he is so his dad in his oddity, while JH is more his mom). I anticipate his every scene (so little yet he does so much) and get all smiley and laugh and just fangirl over his perfection. I want to buy a ruler and play games in the arcade with him all day or slowly peel stamps and teach each other Engrish :) I adore the entire Kim family and my heart pitter patters for hyung :wub: (and JH but he's spoken for by too many :P)

I'll fight you for JB!  :P

It's funny because although I'm convinced that JH is the husband in the sense that it is what the producer/writer intends, I don't really ship DS with anyone in particular (in the conventional meaning of "shipping") because they're all truly great guys - JH, SW, Taek, DR, and yes, even our JB! Any girl would be lucky to have any one of these fine men and I can totally picture each of them just simply adoring their wife in their own way/style.

My favourite scenes in Ep 5 were mostly all of Jung Hwan's scenes looking after Duk Seon. It's so painful to see him be in the one-sided love, yet adorable at the same time. The things he can't say, but expressed in his actions.... And actions speak louder than words. It's so ironic that Duk Seon is so into romance novel, yet she doesn't see the romance coming around her corner. They all take for granted the fact that they've been always together since babies - that it's a given that everyone looks after the other. She doesn't see how Jung Hwan toned down his treatment of her as "just-another-'boy'-I-grew-up-with" because they are so close. If Duk Seon's friends didn't bring up the fact that they saw Sun Woo's extra special treatment towards her, she wouldn't have noticed it herself because she grew up knowing Sun Woo had always been like that. I guess, it will take another eye-opener for Duk Seon to see that Jung Hwan treats her different now.... (ie, a friend to enlighten her again or some event that will make her see Jung Hwan in another light)

Siigh,,but for now, I`ll sit back and enjoy Jung Hwan's efforts in trying to be a little closer to Duk Seon while getting his heart broken bit by bit every time Sun Woo and Duk Seon are inch closer. I seriously miss high school. All that first loves and heart breaks. It's so good to relive high school again through this drama.

The scene in the rain with Bora, her mom, the police was soo heartbreaking. Bora was rolling her eyes that her mom was defending her to the police. It's like "Oh, not again" - and it felt like she was gonna blow up at her mom any second there. She was adamant at admitting she did no wrong, but one look at her mom's bleeding toes and all what she had been fighting for, her strength and bravery in fighting for what was right all paled in comparison in her mom's efforts in protecting her child. She had hurt the person who loved her the most and the person she loved the most as she fought for her principles. My eyes were welling when she admitted she was wrong. It shows how powerful love is. When you love someone, you`ll do anything to ease their pain even if it takes you giving up your strong opinion and belief - just for that person you love.

I know Taek lives and breathes Baduk, but I hope his constant struggle in keeping up his position in Baduk is a sign that it's time for change. Everything happens for a reason. Maybe it's about time he looks for another opportunity outside Baduk. Maybe once he quits Baduk, he can go back to school and do what kids his age usually do. I know some people are just meant to be above of others, but in exchanged for that, they missed out on a lot of things. Taek missed out on a lot of what his best friends do - going on field trips, eat out after school, cram for exams. His only friends are his best friends while his best friends have other kids to hang out with. So I hope the drama will explore his story as he gives up on baduk and is on his way on discovering new things to love. 

I agree, I love all of these guys for  DeokSeon. They're all great and awesome.

As long as DeokSeon and her future husband are going to be happy and really love each other, that's what's more important.

As a said before, I respect the Reply production team's decision on whoever is the husband.

As we see that in 2015, DeokSeon  has a good and happy ending.

(PS. I hope I could watch the live streaming drama tonight, but another scheduled power interruption is going to happen again in my area. :( )

Good Morning...

@lelee thank you for the translation

Please allow me to share some points that i got from watching ep 5.

I streamed last night but it was so lagging so I need to rewatch the raw episode. It was just emotionally stirred up my heart about my mom, and also I love to see jealous Junghwan a lot. This episode reminds me that my mom is also a daughter, she's also needing someone to lean on, someone who thinking about her more than anything in this world. I'm crying together with sunwoo's mom. I always think that she is a great mom, she always trying to fulfill her children's need but seems it's not the way the world seeing her, she's just a lacking widow in other's eyes. 

I like how Junghwan, the cold-looking-kid really concerned about his parents, he's the one trying to break any ice cold atmosphere in the family, he is the most concerns about the harmony. And that's just the side he's trying to hide.

Bora, fiyuuuuh, I should say she is the character I least like. I was really upset watching her scenes, when her mom ask her to apologize I precisely heard she said "are you crazy? what have i done wrong? dad know nothing" to her mom and dad. She may not admitting her act, he may accused her dad to know nothing bout the demonstration, but to started it with "are you crazy?" is just too much for me. Her stubborn attitude is just the only reason I'm really don't like Sunwoo-Bora loveline. Sunwoo can be with anyone please just not Bora, huuuuh (it's just my wishful thinking) 

And I believe Sunwoo borrowed many things from Duksun is for Bora, because Duksun said she would bring the dictionary for him but he insist to go inside her house and take it by himself. And here I found something odd, in the morning Sunwoo borrowed Duksun's dictionary, but Duksun have it at the Study-Room right before Junghwan gave her umbrella, and the next scene Sunwoo came out from Duksun's house borrowing thread-needle wearing the same outfit when he borrowed dictionary, and then Junghwan found Duksun's dictionary in Sunwoo's room. I found this timeline is quite strange.

Junghwan, I just can help from loving him. His jealousy is strong and outburst, though uri lovely dense duksun doesn't catch anything but I believe Dongryung noticed it, he intentionally put his arm in duksun's shoulder and said "what's wrong with this, we're friend though." it's like DR wants to emphasis that Junghwan's curiosity no longer normal between friend. I found Junghwan's trademark line :

- what are you two doing?

- if i go, what are you two going to do?

with agitated tone and suspecting laser eyes.. And for the umbrella scene, it's just a dead card for me. it's just swoon worthy, and he just showing his feeling through action. he only speaks two words "일찍 다녀" which means "go early" I guess he means that for next time Duksun needs to go to her Study-Room earlier so she get home also earlier. DR said to Duksun earlier tho "no matter how you look you are still a girl, it's dangerous to go at night".  

and about the preview:

I'm strongly believe, the preview is trying to mislead viewers again, I never believe the preview since epi 2. Duksun said to someone unseen to confess when the first snow coming. but the sad thing is Junghwan refuses to listen to Sunwoo's explanation about the things he borrowed from Duksun's house and it makes me sad he looking so devastated seeing Duksun and Sunwoo together.

my only wish, is for writer to not break Junghwan's heart like she did to Chilbong. No matter who is Junghwan ended with later please don't make him so brokenhearted. Though I am still hoping for him to get his first love.

and I crowned and labeled them as my new Umbrella Couple after IU-Kimsoohyun in Producer.

and here is newest OST, original song by Lee Moon Se (radio dj on pilot episode) and remake by Oh Hyuk of Hyukoh Band.

and the MV itself full of Duksun-Junghwan moments and here is the lyric :

Only stay by my side
You can’t leave me
I can’t leave on a long journey with this longing
Going to look for your rainbow

As I sit by the window at sunset
I see the clouds floating far away
I draw out the old memories thatI want to find
In the cold blowing wind, if you get lonely
I will always stay by your side
I won’t leave you

As I sit by the window at sunset
I see the clouds floating far away
I draw out the old memories thatI want to find
In the cold blowing wind, if you get lonely
I will always stay by your side
I won’t leave you

I wish they would give PBG more scenes. I feel like he's sick or something.   I agree that once JH explode it's going to be HUGE.   I can see him giving DS her first kiss out of frustration and both will be like WTF??!!!

bogum was just appearing for a 2 minutes and 36 seconds in epi , despite taek's room is being used couple times by the gang. hahaha poor uri bogumie but seems next episode he will get his duration. seems like today episode is for sunwoo and his family~~^^

CALL for the kiss!!!

And about the controversies, I think all of the reply stars are really getting big, that's why more people put many attention and I wish all of them would stay away from unnecessary matter.

this one is about parkbogum, I wish netizen just don't keep pressuring in this matter though, it has nothing to do with bogum's work after all. 

http://aegyo.me/5HWz

Fighting all reply stars!!

Bora, fiyuuuuh, I should say she is the character I least like. I was really upset watching her scenes, when her mom ask her to apologize I precisely heard she said "are you crazy? what have i done wrong? dad know nothing" to her mom and dad. She may not admitting her act, he may accused her dad to know nothing bout the demonstration, but to started it with "are you crazy?" is just too much for me. Her stubborn attitude is just the only reason I'm really don't like Sunwoo-Bora loveline. Sunwoo can be with anyone please just not Bora, huuuuh (it's just my wishful thinking) 

@tituyphing, I was shocked when you said that Bora said to her parents, "Are you crazy?" If true, like you, I would not have approved of her saying such a thing to her parents who were obviously just concerned for her. But since I didn't recall her ever saying that, I rewatched the scene to make sure I didn't miss it the first time.

In fact, Bora never said "Are you crazy?" to her parents. Since it appears you understand Korean, her exact words were "내가 왜? 내가 뭘 잘못했는데?" This translates to, "What about me? What have I done wrong?"

It's true that Bora is denying any wrongdoing and arguing that her action is justified. But it's still different from calling her mom and dad crazy.

Edit: Never mind. I found the scene you were referring to, and you're totally right. She said, "미쳤어? 내가 왜? 내가 뭘 잘못했는데?"  which translates to "Are you crazy?" Why should I? What have I done wrong?"

I agree with you. This actually bothers me a lot too.  :blink:

@tituyphing, I was shocked when you said that Bora said to her parents, "Are you crazy?" If true, like you, I would not have approved of her saying such a thing to her parents who were obviously just concerned for her. But since I didn't recall her ever saying that, I rewatched the scene to make sure I didn't miss it the first time.

In fact, Bora never said "Are you crazy?" to her parents. Since it appears you understand Korean, her exact words were "내가 왜? 내가 뭘 잘못했는데?" This translates to, "What about me? What have I done wrong?"

It's true that Bora is denying any wrongdoing and arguing that her action is justified. But it's still different from calling her mom and dad crazy.

Bora said it. on minute 5.25-5.41. you can check again.

www.dailymotion.com/video/x3e5kw4 

미쳤어? 내가 왜? 내가 뭐 잘못했는데? 아빠 뭘 안다고 그래?

"michyeosseo? naega wae? naega mweo jalmothaeneunde? appa mweol andago geurae?"

Literal translation : "are you crazy? why should I apologize? what have I done wrong? dad know nothing"

JUNG BONG!!!

Who needs Jung Hwan or Sun Woo when there is Jung Bong??

His scenes today were HILARIOUS. hahahaha He's such a weird, quirky, but intelligent guy lol.

hi everyone,

i new here fo this threads...so far this drama really amazing and daebak!! that all happened in these drama really happened to my old times...all my memory times i almost forgot but in here they reminds and flashback my old life...I LOVE SO MUCH THIS DRAMA!!! the sharing food, old song from the airwolf and knight rider theme song hong kong drama era,ghostbuster,the olympic game in korea, UB40 songs, cry alone on bus coz my father passed away and ride a bus with all pack people,stand at bus door n falling down, ....hahahahahahahahahaha.....omo!! is like watch my old life on tv!! i rarely cry watch drama but these drama make i cry so hard.....so bravo for this writernim create ideas make this drama!!:tears::w00t: its really meaningful to me....

I forgot to mention, although my heart is bending over Jung Hwan because I've seen his swoon-worthy actions, but I don't really have a strong OTP to ship at this moment. I'm both on Jung Hwan or Sun Woo's side, whoever makes Duk Seon feels loved the most. Sun Woo, given his brighter personality compared to Jung Hwan, appears to be so opaque. There's more to it than what he shows to everyone. When I watched the first episode, I thought I'd be frustrated in reading Jung Hwan (especially when he secretly gave that secret smirk for Duk Seon on TV). But now, going into episode 6, Sun Woo is so hard to puzzle and leave little clues here and there. What a contrast between him and Jung Hwan when real feelings are involved. Also, with parents too. Like Jung Hwan acts so transparent when needs to be around his parents, but Sun Woo bottles it all in (ie, hid where he got his wound on his chin, not saying about his mom's cooking etc). 

I've always had my main OTP from first/second episodes and stuck with them till the very end, but this is the second time (after Sassy Go Go) where I don't really care who the girl ends up with because the boys who care for her are just soooo genuine. I might be saying this way too early (that Sun Woo might eventually see her as more than a childhood friend), but yeah as of episode 5, I don't have OTPs. (I fangirled during the first few minutes of Ep 3 with Sun Woo constatly calling out to Duk Seon, but fangirled more halfway the episode with Jung Hwan and Duk Seon trapped in the narrow alley). If Sun Woo is really a strong contender for the husband here, he better step up his game and stop being so opaque! 

I am glad that they explain about Sunwoo's family but wish they spend more time on Bora protesting part. Even if this episode don't have 3 major subplots I also wish that Bora protesting part last 2episodes instead of 1. Jungbong is really smart and love what he did when their Mum is away. DongRyong is always giving great advices. My favourite scene for this episode is definitely the part where he let his Mum feel that family cannot do without her. 

Congrats SunwooxDeoksun shippers! The dictionary part, so he really deliberately borrow it from Deoksun. The preview looks great. 
As a DeoksunxJunghwan shipper I am also happy with the moments we get in this episode especially the umbrella part.
Looks like next episode will be quite a crucial episode for the main love line if the series don't troll us.

From Netizenbuzz...

Article: 'Reply' What are we to do without our mother?

Source: X Sports News via Naver

1. [+12,239, -137] I saw my father cry for the first time during the scene when Sunwoo's mother was crying while saying "Mother"

2. [+11,368, -123] Who would bother watching the Grand Bell Awards when this drama is on ㅋㅋㅋ

3. [+9,966, -104] I love you, mother

4. [+8,581, -62] This drama is so touching ㅠㅠㅠ

5. [+2,962, -19] Dongryong knows the hearts of people well..

-

Source: Daum

1. [+1,879, -26] I cried so hard.. I miss those days. I miss my mother too.

2. [+1,525, -18] Cried and laughed, talk about an episode full of push and pulls

3. [+1,156, -48] Sunwoo and Bora at the end... Junghwan and Duksun... The reason Sunwoo went to Duksun's house is not for Duksun but for Bora, right? ㅎ I hope I'm right

4. [+705, -4] Could there be another touching dramas such as this... there was not one scene that could be discarded. This drama is like an oasis in a desert full of nothing but chaebol stories of affairs. I'm so touched that I don't think I can sleep tight ㅜㅜ..

5. [+596, -7] What is this drama... it's just drilling a hole into my heart...

-

Article: 'Reply' An episode that was by mothers because of mothers for mothers

Source: Newsen via Nate

1. [+290, -8] Because god could not be everywhere at once, he created mothers...

2. [+253, -5] I cried so hard when Sunwoo's mother picked up the call from her own mother and couldn't speak because she was so choked up ㅠㅠ

3. [+210, -5] How can each episode be filled with such touching scenes... the producers are amazing.

4. [+28, -3] As I grew and matured, I naturally started calling my dad 'father' but no matter how old I get, even in my forties now, I still call my mother 'mom, mom' she is no one but my mom...

5. [+25, -1] This drama is so much better with less love lines. The previous seasons were too focused on the love lines that the triangles tired us and all the husband searching got exhausting..

Article: 'Reply' hits highest viewer rating at 10.8% with the touching stories of mothers

Source: OSEN via Nate

1. [+197, -5] Honestly, this season's just daebak...

2. [+188, -6] 1997 = teen drama, 1994 = romcom, 1988 = family drama... the best one yet

3. [+128, -4] I cry almost every episode... laugh and cry

4. [+21, -2] Ugh, that part in the narration when they said "because god could not be everywhere at once, he created mothers." mom ㅜㅜ...

5. [+14, -1] Honestly, this season's the most daebak...

Sometimes i hope JH will ask DS to study with him rather than her go to study room at night ..its to dangerous for her come back home late like that because she's a girl..

-i m also CALL for a kiss.. 

Haha, all the shippers are waiting for a kiss. Bút as we all  know, they' re only in the 2nd year, same as 11th grade today n especially Duk Sun hasn't realized abt Jung hwan' heart yet :)). It will broke my heart if as time goes by Duk sun n Jung hwan have their own lover then only be together later, huhu. I just want the 2 to be a couple from the very start a have a long long relationship before marriage ;)

Archived