[Drama 2015] Who Are You: School 2015 후아유: 학교 2015 | Mon - Tue 10 pm KST

czakhareina

You guys want to know why MAJORITY of the viewers were rooting for Taekwang? It's because, Sungjae, as an actor, portrayed that character so freaking well that as viewers, we couldn't help but care for him, feel his raw emotion, and become attached to him. That's what an actor is supposed to do: make you, as viewers, feel the character. If a shitty actor had done his role, viewers would have found him annoying, but that's not what happened because Sungjae succeeded in making us become a part of him and his journey toward growing up in the drama. That's where Joohyuk failed to do in portraying YiAn - people, including myself, started to not care for the character and that is never a good thing. Yes, at part it was the writer's fault to failing to develop YiAn's character, but you cannot turn blind eye to the awkward acting and he is definitely not a natural gifted actor. He has got good looks and a big agency behind him, but he is lacking the raw talent. He was not ready for lead role. He should go back to supporting role and get more experience. I am sure he will improve and will do better in the future. 

then you just admit that you're being bias and refuse to understand the whole story.

So what if I am biased? My comment had nothing to do with refusing to understand the story - you just made that claim yourself. My comment was about an actor doing his job well and making the viewers connected to him, hence ended up liking him and rooting for him regardless of how pitiful Taekwang was becoming with all his rejections.

And as not understanding the story, yeah I agree, I don't understand the whole story because the story itself doesn't make sense. You really think majority of the viewers are refusing to understand the whole story? The story that is supposedly about Ebi getting a new identity and new life. No I don't get it! As the story progress, Ebi becomes nothing but a damsel in distress who needs others to save her. Her sister had to come in and save the day and clean up all the mess. Her character doesn't grow up; all she does is cry and apparently falls in love with YA. As for the YA-Ebi love story; Yes, Ebi liked him - I get that. And apparently YA liked her back as well - ummm..okay, I will take that as well. What I don't get it why or how. What I don't get is why the majority of viewers, including myself, couldn't understand or feel this "love" between YA-Ebi. Does that mean we are all Taekwang biased? Because that would mean that Sungjae did such a damn good job of portraying his role and we couldn't help but root for him regardless of how many times he got rejected and regardless of how much YA-Ebi liked each other. What I don't get is that this drama, which was supposed to be about growing up and a mystery involving twins, became a makjang love story. What I don't understand is why the main actor, YA, was rarely on screen and failed to make an impact as a male lead. The story might have looked great on script in beginning, but on screen, it failed big time. 

What makes even less sense is Eunbi ends up becoming Eunbyul 2.0, just a nicer and a more submissive version. As others have said, she practically replaced Eunbyul's life. So what is her identity then? 

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys want to know why MAJORITY of the viewers were rooting for Taekwang? It's because, Sungjae, as an actor, portrayed that character so freaking well that as viewers, we couldn't help but care for him, feel his raw emotion, and become attached to him. That's what an actor is supposed to do: make you, as viewers, feel the character. If a shitty actor had done his role, viewers would have found him annoying, but that's not what happened because Sungjae succeeded in making us become a part of him and his journey toward growing up in the drama. That's where Joohyuk failed to do in portraying YiAn - people, including myself, started to not care for the character and that is never a good thing. Yes, at part it was the writer's fault to failing to develop YiAn's character, but you cannot turn blind eye to the awkward acting and he is definitely not a natural gifted actor. He has got good looks and a big agency behind him, but he is lacking the raw talent. He was not ready for lead role. He should go back to supporting role and get more experience. I am sure he will improve and will do better in the future. 

then you just admit that you're being bias and refuse to understand the whole story.

So what if I am biased? I don't understand the whole story because the story itself doesn't make sense. You really think majority of the viewers are refusing to understand the whole story? The story that is supposedly a love story between YA-Ebi? No I don't get it! Yes, Ebi liked him - I get that. And apparently YA liked her back as well - I get that as well. What I don't get it why or how. What I don't get is why the majority of viewers, including myself, couldn't understand or feel this "love" between YA-Ebi. Is it because we are all Taekwang biased? That would mean that Sungjae did such a damn good job of portraying his role and we couldn't help but root for him regardless of how many times he got rejected and regardless of how much YA-Ebi liked each other. What I don't get is that this drama, which was supposed to be about growing up and a mystery involving twins, became a makjang love story. What I don't understand is why the main actor, YA, was rarely on screen and failed to make an impact as a male lead. The story might have looked great on script in beginning, but on screen, it failed big time. 

What makes even less sense is Eunbi ends up becoming Eunbyul 2.0, just a nicer and a more submissive version. As others have said, she practically replaced Eunbyul's life. So what is her identity then? 

just like TK has obsession toward EB, maybe you have obsession toward TK.

It will be better if the writers extended the episodes to explain everything. unfortunately they only have 16 episodes and decide to add TK scene and lessen the other. so, there are some whole in story.

Eunbi replace eunbyul? I dont think so. Eunbyul decide to pursue her dream, and its a good thing.

Sungjae is a great actors and I hope to see him more in the future. I hope to see more school 2015 casts acting gigs.

So what if I am biased? I don't understand the whole story because the story itself doesn't make sense. You really think majority of the viewers are refusing to understand the whole story? The story that is supposedly a love story between YA-Ebi? No I don't get it! Yes, Ebi liked him - I get that. And apparently YA liked her back as well - I get that as well. What I don't get it why or how. What I don't get is why the majority of viewers, including myself, couldn't understand or feel this "love" between YA-Ebi. Is it because we are all Taekwang biased? That would mean that Sungjae did such a damn good job of portraying his role and we couldn't help but root for him regardless of how many times he got rejected and regardless of how much YA-Ebi liked each other. What I don't get is that this drama, which was supposed to be about growing up and a mystery involving twins, became a makjang love story. What I don't understand is why the main actor, YA, was rarely on screen and failed to make an impact as a male lead. The story might have looked great on script in beginning, but on screen, it failed big time. 

just like TK has obsession toward EB, maybe you have obsession toward TK.

Sungjae is a great actors and I hope to see him more in the future. I hope to see more school 2015 casts acting gigs.

Umm..gee thanks for the personal attack. Next time, If you can't counter argue to a claim that you make, try not to insult the opponent at a personal level :) It's not a good look. 

Guest flysinger

I am wondering what do you expect Eunbi to be. In my eyes, she is awesome.Everybody has her own personality. As long as crying doesn't hurt anybody, what's the problem? Eunbi is a girl who looks weak outside, but strong inside. EunByul is the vice before this swap. We are happy to see that EunByul took this opportunity to learn to know to follow her heart and face the problem. The fact that Eunbi chose to end her life when she was so helpless does not mean she is a coward. She has already tried all her best to fight. The circumstance doesn't give her any chance.She couldn't do what EunByul did to Kang Soyoung is just because she is EunBi. If it happens to EunByul, she can do the same as what her sister did for her. Anyhow, Nobody can transform to a superman in the real life.

OK i finally complete this excellent serie that I would recommend it. First at all I would say I didn't shipping no couple inside this serie because I do like a lot both guys GTK and HYA. So the shipping wasn't really affect me. BUT it's true that TK life and story make me waver a lot for him. I did have a tear when his father was in prison or when he visit him. When KSY try to break 'Eunbi'' image and ''Eunbyul'' image, I did hate her. But when you listening her story and have a father really pushing her to be ''number 1'' and ''to make everyone under her feet'' I do understand why she become like this. When she accept all her fault I was happy she finally find her own way. About Eunbyul didn't have any feeling for HYA seem strange, seem they change the story from the beginning OR I'm the only one who thinking like that. The teacher  KJS shoudn't quit the school, he should be there for all students. That was sad when all students ask him not quit, love him..:tears:

I know I can see Eunbi from the beginning seem have a special attraction to HYA. GTK was in love with her from beginning and also know her true name. hm...GTK do have a lot scene in this serie more than HYA also...HYA was confuse when Eunbi said she wasn't Eunbyul...hm but finally find he in love with Eunbi and have a happy ending together. isn't too fast a bit? anyway i'm happy for hya x eunbi to become a couple at the end

I DO LOVE SO MUCH the relation between the two sister!!! Eunbyul love so much her little sister and protect her. When someone make fun or hurt her little sister, she hurt also. Omg she a excellent big sister !!!!  I was also hope Eunbyul have some relationship with TK. Why? because Eunbyul seem keep call a lot TK so if they have a after story from who are you... i was hope they meet and become a future couple. I just hope TK have also a happy ending too hehe. 

the new teacher it's the guy from ''Secret Love'' LOL Bae Soo Bin loll long time no see him and seem he appear like a cameo :)

I did like the ending it's simply but a bit open ending too. I was hope to see one last time Eunbyul lolll only ^^

Okay, I don't understand why people call YA out of being pushy and obsessive and ignore TK doing the same thing, but far worse since he still had romantic expectations even after EB had rejected him.   TK was completely obsessed with Eun Bi towards the end, even asking if he could live without her.  TK followed her to her home town,  was constantly around waiting for her (and interrupting her time with YA when she had had to talk to the guy) followed her to her academy, hung out at the academy...  And he DID tell YA to back off, just how YA did to him. 

Serious question, did this guy have any goals outside of dating Eun Bi?  It doesn't seem like it.  YA went to her academy too, but only after he asked where she was (accidentally of course) and he did hang around her house and wait for her, but it is slightly understandable considering he thought they were long time friends.  Even when she tried to reject TK he'd just ignore it and continue on... he'd was rejected not too long after he kissed her.   In episode 16, she tried to reject him again but he ignored it until he finally came around and "let her go".  Well, thanks for finally listening TK after the 4th time.  :w00t:

The writer could have done so much more with his character and drama as whole (making YiBI better as well) had they ended the stupid love triangle after the first hug/rejection. 

I am wondering what do you expect Eunbi to be. In my eyes, she is awesome.Everybody has her own personality. As long as crying doesn't hurt anybody, what's the problem? Eunbi is a girl who looks weak outside, but strong inside. EunByul is the vice before this swap. We are happy to see that EunByul took this opportunity to learn to know to follow her heart and face the problem. The fact that Eunbi chose to end her life when she was so helpless does not mean she is a coward. She has already tried all her best to fight. The circumstance doesn't give her any chance.She couldn't do what EunByul did to Kang Soyoung is just because she is EunBi. If it happens to EunByul, she can do the same as what her sister did for her. Anyhow, Nobody can transform to a superman in the real life.

I wanted Eunbi to go back to being the person who we were introduced to in the beginning, the one who stood up against the bully. I understand that she was broken by Kang Soyoung and her minions that eventually led her to suicide. In Seoul, she had a new life and whole lot more support than before. The few moments where she stood up against KSY, I was so happy, but sadly it never fell through. It was all talks and no walk. Maybe because I hated KSY so much (thanks to JSH's great acting) that I wanted her to be punished and put in juvenile and even possibly get some medical help for being borderline psycho. Maybe I am a vengeful person because I wanted the story to focus more punishing the bully with Eunbi taking the action and Eunbyul supporting from the behind. I wanted the sisters to take her down together, not just Eunbyul by herself. And as for the crying, that's just personal preference. I can't stand it when the female lead does is cries in almost every episode. That's probably why I preferred Eunbyul and wished that she had way more screentime. 

But oh well, the drama has ended and I am left dissatisfied but it was fun roller coaster ride :D

Guest flysinger

I wanted Eunbi to go back to being the person who we were introduced to in the beginning, the one who stood up against the bully. I understand that she was broken by Kang Soyoung and her minions that eventually led her to suicide. In Seoul, she had a new life and whole lot more support than before. The few moments where she stood up against KSY, I was so happy, but sadly it never fell through. It was all talks and no walk. Maybe because I hated KSY so much (thanks to JSH's great acting) that I wanted her to be punished and put in juvenile and even possibly get some medical help for being borderline psycho. Maybe I am a vengeful person because I wanted the story to focus more punishing the bully with Eunbi taking the action and Eunbyul supporting from the behind. I wanted the sisters to take her down together, not just Eunbyul by herself. And as for the crying, that's just personal preference. I can't stand it when the female lead does is cries in almost every episode. That's probably why I preferred Eunbyul and wished that she had way more screentime. 

But oh well, the drama has ended and I am left dissatisfied but it was fun roller coaster ride :D

I like this drama which introduce quite many topics to audience to think. 

Lack of love and support from parents make the class president be jealous, KSY be bully, TaeKwang be passive. KSY is more a miserable kid than a horrible kid to me. No friend is already a big punishment to a girl in this age. If her parents still don't know the root of this problem and continue their way , KSY will be even more miserable.  

This series could have been better if it is more carefully designed. I know it originally aim to attract different age  group audience, unfortunately it seems that its audience are mostly teenagers who care more about love line and learn little from this drama.

Guest ruby014

stop it already :P... the writers already destroyed Eun Bi's character ...Now, Eun Bi is perfect for Yi ahn. 

Start shipping Tae kwang to Eun Byul. #bestcouple #strongcouple 

Guest ruby014

I wanted to ship it, but I don't think TK is Eun Byul's type judging by what she said.  Both Yi An and TK are too suffocating.  Not her style.  She needs a man who won't bug her much. 

hehe thats the purpose of  their so called "time skip" dear :w00t:B) everything can heal, forgotten and change! 

stop stop.. how much you hate tae gwang character don't change MANY people feels and support him:wub:. YIBI shipper you already get what you want right? YIBI as ending. so no need to bring tae gwang down. :(

Guest ruby014

True.  And Eun Byul can just smack him if he bugs her.  He also listens better to her than her sister. :w00t:  Can't get over him sitting down at lunch just because she said so. :lol:

Nahhh haha Its now GO Eun Bi's job to smack and order him this time :w00t: while they did not show Eun Byul .....she was just shown as a mere pretty picture who is smilingly with a little girl haha but they hint she'll be back  :w00t: It was shown in the last episode :w00t:  better watch it again dear! :P 

Guest ruby014

Nooo..it wasn't a hint cos the mum said she was coming back,then we will have both Go Eun Bi and Go Eun Byul smacking him left and right while YiAn, Shi Jin and the rest smother their laughter. Happy Ending ! :wub:

hahaha lets say we agree to dis agree hahaha but like I said 

hehe thats the purpose of  their so called "time skip" dear :w00t:B) everything can heal, forgotten and change! 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :w00t::w00t: 

Guest ajumma-pants

Analyzing it all, i think the writers are just evil genius(is this good or bad idk?). The writers knew exactly what they were doing. They maliciously calculated/set-up things to a bittersweet end. They "killed"(sacrificed) the most innocent character, Taekwang, to teach us a lesson--to always look at the other person's POV, aka don't be one-sided(nooo his poor love). So many(too many) double meanings hinting at things, "It's okay, we're only 18"(20 korean age years = 20 students), every word had 2 meanings till the end. Those writers are trolls, haha!

in the end of the day I am so thankful because the writers choose to stay in their original script with EBYA. While maybe some people find them boring, I find EBYA is so sweet and romantic. I can totally relate to my own life. When I am in love, I can only care about the person I love, I will do anything for him. but i wont force them to like me and doing something that burden him. just like EB to YA.

TK being pushy and follow EB everywhere like he has no life. While EB give YA some space for his own and give a perfect amount of support.

some TKEB shippers only see based on TK POV, but they refuse to see from EB POV. Always have these assumption "my poor baby TK, he needs his happiness and EB is his happiness, bla bla bla". but they don't want to respect eunbi feeling. EB doesnt like him in a romantic way no matter how much he tries, no matter how many scenes he takes to make EB waver, how many duration of the dramas that he uses to confess to eunbi. Im afraid TK never consider EB feeling until ep 16 on his last confession.

actually in real life, I wont have a crush on someone that has no responsibility with his life. TK has no dream, sleep in class, skip classes, etc. that's no cool at all eventho I knew that he is still so young. but even at the end of the drama, he still skip class. and the only good point about his ending is that his relationship with his father.

Well said girl. Maybe I just like eunbi type in real life, no matter how many people said TK is sweet bla bla. I just couldn't like him, same with what eunbi did. If I am eunbi, I will choose Yi Ahn without any second thought.

I'm sorry to said this but he's so annoying. . like why he keep following eunbi anywhere , he has no life huh? He keep interfere other people business too (eunbi) when he didn't any right to do so. He has no responsibity, he is student but he keep skip classes, keep fighting around with other classmate, and just because he is director's child, he doing all those action without woories or punisment. .like wtf?

Even her sister, eunbyul keep worying about eunbi, because he keep following her everywhere. Remember scenes in ep 15? eunbyul said this to tweang :: 

I know you like eunbi. but I am annoyed, thats why. imagine that someone like you is following around my sister. I know how you feel but what about eunbi? Does eunbi like you?

And of course he can't answer because he know that she didnt likes him. Thanks god, eunbyul didnt know what eunbi feel at that time, because if she know eunbi didnt like him, what she will doing ? of course as her unnie, she will stop taewang to following her sister because eunbi didn't have any feeling to him, yet someone like taewang keep following her around. You know eunbyul is taewang classmate since beginning, he know taewang so well so she won't stand to do anything if someone like taewang keep following her beloved sister around

Of course taewang has more fans because the writer is so bias give that him many scenes and his family story. I remember they are worried if he didnt get girl in the end because people pity him because of his family story. They are always said "Give taewang happiness" "Please let taewang-eunbi because he has no other person" bla bla. People have sympatic to him more so the taewang-eunbi ship is more strong because of that.

But the thing is, a couple is born because two people must have a mutual feeling each other. I know taewang is a sweet boys, but does eunbi feel the same to? like eunbyul said, did she likes him to? That's the most important part. You can't forced a couple that didn't have any mutual feeling. You must watch to eunbi's POV too not just one sided pov. .

Nooo..it wasn't a hint cos the mum said she was coming back,then we will have both Go Eun Bi and Go Eun Byul smacking him left and right while YiAn, Shi Jin and the rest smother their laughter. Happy Ending ! :wub:

hahaha lets say we agree to dis agree hahaha but like I said 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :w00t::w00t: 

For me time in School 2015 stopped when the drama ended - nothing will change the fact that YiAn and EBi are happily together in the end and what I see in the drama remain. Nothing changes  - time stand still at the end of the story and shall remain for as long as we live and even longer.  The rest of us viewers move on...

Archived