[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

Kim Tae-hee, Song Hye-kyo and Kim Hee-ae are coming

photo611058.jpg

Distinguished actresses are coming back this year. Kim Tae-hee, Song Hye-kyo and Kim Hee-ae are coming back and fans are excited.

- KBS "The Descendant of the Sun" Song Hye-kyo and "Assembly" Song Yoon-ah Song Hye-kyo is back with the new KBS 2TV drama "The Descendant of the Sun". "The Descendant of the Sun" is a blockbuster human melodrama about a young soldier who dreams of love and success in extreme conditions and a group of doctors. Song Hye-kyo and Song Joong-ki play a doctor named Kang Mo-yeon and soldier Yoo Si-jin. Song Yoon-ah is back with "Assembly". "Assembly" is a human political drama in which Song Yoon-ah plays Choi In-kyeong. She is a politician's aid and perfectionist. The first episode of the drama is due on the 15th.

- SBS "Yong-pal-yi" Kim Tae-hee, "Mrs. Cop" Kim Hee-ae and "Six Flying Dragons" Sin Se-kyeong KBS has Hye-kyo and SBS has Tae-hee. Kim Tae-hee plays a rich girl in the new drama "Yong-pal-yi". "Yong-pal-yi" is about a fraud doctor meeting an heiress who is asleep in his hospital. Joo Won plays the title role, Yong-pal-yi. Kim Hee-ae is the chief of police in the drama "Mrs. Cop". This is her first ground wave drama in four years. Sin Se-yeong is Lee Bang-won's lover in "Six Flying Dragons". Yoo Ah-in plays Lee Bang-won.

- MBC "Scholar Who Walks the Night" Lee Yoo-bi and "I Am Geum Sa-wol" Baek Jin-hee MBC also has tough competition. Lee Yoo-bi is coming back with "Scholar Who Walks the Night" and Baek Jin-hee with the newest, "I Am Geum Sa-wol" this September.

Source: star.moneytoday.co.kr/view/stview.php?no=2015070611363780692&type=1&outlink=1
hancinema.net/kim-tae-hee-song-hye-kyo-and-kim-hee-ae-are-coming-84094.html

• Like 5

Pic of Joong Ki today. This is probably his uniform for Descendants of The Sun. Looking good. His hair is longer than expected haha 

[Pic: yangyang1492] via songjoongkidaily on IG

well he is a captain so I don't think he has to cut his hair like a recruit lol.

i was in the army and I have seen captains with longer hair xD

• Like 3

"Yong-pal-yi" Kim Tae-hee VS "The Descendant of the Sun" Song Hye-kyo

photo612140.jpg

Kim Tae-hee's comeback drama SBS "Yong-pal-yi" is competing with Song Hye-kyo's KBS drama "The Descendant of the Sun".

At the script reading session of "Yong-pal-yi on the 25th there were Joo Won, Kim Tae-hee, Jo Hyeon-jae, Chae Jeong-an and other casts. Producer Oh Jin-seok started the reading by saying, "I'll do my best to make a good drama" and writer Jang Hyeok-rin said, "I trust you all".

Drama "Yong-pal-yi" is about a quack doctor named Yong Pal-yi who would do anything for money, meeting a sleeping heiress in the same hospital. This drama is to be released next month.

Meanwhile, at the script reading of KBS "The Descendant of the Sun", there were Song Joong-ki, Song Hye-kyo, Jin Goo, Kim Ji-won-I and others.

Producer Lee Eung-bok said, "I wonder how I can be in the same room with such great people for such a great drama. It's going to be good and I hope for all the best".

"The Descendant of the Sun" is a human melodrama about the youths in this generation to dream of love and success in extreme conditions. This drama is coming this September.

Source: wowtv.co.kr/newscenter/news/view.asp?bcode=T30001000&artid=A201507020606
hancinema.net/yong-pal-yi-kim-tae-hee-vs-the-descendant-of-the-sun-song-hye-kyo-84214.html

• Like 5

Song Hye Kyo Vs. Kim Tae Hee: Who Will Win The Ratings?

song-hye-kyo-and-kim-tae-hee.jpg?w=600

Two popular actresses will soon compete for the number one spot in K-Dramaland and they will both appear in medical dramas.

Kim Tae Hee returns to the small screen in the SBS medical drama "Yong Pal Yi" with co-star Joo Won.

Song Hye Kyo makes her comeback in the KBS disaster drama "Descendants of the Sun" with co-star Song Joong Ki.

Kim will play a patient, while Song plays a doctor who works for a humanitarian medical organization.

The dramas will overlap as "Yong Pal Yi" begins in August after the end of the melodrama "Mask," while "Descendants of the Sun" begins in September.

"Yong Pal Yi" tells the story of a man who becomes a doctor but is crippled by debt after paying for his sister's expensive kidney dialysis. Joo Won plays the indebted doctor, while Kim Tae Hee will play a young heiress recovering from a coma. After Joo Won helps her recover, she seeks revenge on those who put her in a coma.

"I have always wanted to play an heiress role. I want to show people new aspect of an heiress from the one that is usually portrayed in dramas," Kim said in an interview with the Korean media outlet Joongang Daily.

Kim Tae Hee's last k-drama was the historical drama "Jang Ok Jung." After that she appeared in the Chinese drama Wang Xizhi, playing the wife of the famous Chinese calligrapher.

In "Descendants of the Sun," Song Hye Kyo will play Kang Mo Yeon, a doctor who works with the international charity organization Doctors Without Borders. Song Joong Ki will play a Special Forces officer. The two characters will not hit it off from the start but working together in dangerous situations helps to bring them closer and eventually leads them to fall in love.

Song spoke about her character in a recent interview with the magazine Elle Korea.

"I'll be playing the character of Doctor Kang Mo Yeon in the drama 'Descendants of the Sun.' I haven't taken on a lively character like this one in a Korean production in a long time," said Song. "You could say she's the grown-up version of my 'Full House' character."

Song Hye Kyo's last k-drama was "That Winter the Wind Blows" with co-star Jo in Sung. After that she starred in the k-movie "My Brilliant Life," followed by the Chinese films "The Crossing" and "The Queens."

Which actress do you think will win the ratings war? We wish them both the best.

kdramastars.com/articles/89659/20150710/song-hye-kyo-vs-kim-tae-hee-who-will-win-the-ratings.htm

• Like 7

I really hope Dots will have high ratings ...l have the fealing that song - song will be awesome couple ....As for song hye kyo ....its time for everybody to admit that she deserves to be number 1 ... She has proven her powerful acting skills through her past projects ( that winter ,MPL,crossing )  she nails her characters properly ...and I hope she will do even better in dots ..fighting 

• Like 10

I really hope Dots will have high ratings ...l have the fealing that song - song will be awesome couple ....As for song hye kyo ....its time for everybody to admit that she deserves to be number 1 ... She has proven her powerful acting skills through her past projects ( that winter ,MPL,crossing )  she nails her characters properly ...and I hope she will do even better in dots ..fighting 

yess absolutly right, shk always can proven with audience about powerful acting skill starting from the reason to live (best actrees),that winter (daesang apan), MPL, thr crossing, the queen, especially the crossing movie, her acting very impresive and received so many praise from critics, media and of course from the director Jhon Woo..im really proud to see her career more bribrilliant even in the midst of difficult she can remain calm, cheerful,optimistic and humble...for dots im veri optimistic can achive postive result...fighting dots!!! Cant wait to see SONG COUPLE...

• Like 3

I'm dying for some DoTS news :( when will we finally hear about airing date? Or some photos on set? Meanwhile, there is this information without photos:

Words are, they were spotted having dinner in a restaurant together. Looks like they're getting along pretty well. Great chemistry is expected then :) There's no proof to this, so better take it with a grain of salt. 

• Like 8