[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

4 minutes ago, gilaswan said:

Hahahaha... I think SiJin would respond quite differently from SDY. I can imagine him looking up at MoYeon with a cheeky, impish glint in his eyes asking, "Oettaeyo?" Heh... 

YES :) Ahahaha! I can imagine him responding in a rather flirtacious way. 

• Like 11

18 hours ago, gilaswan said:

Anyone felt that the last kiss scene between the two leads was just exploding on a personal level? Either that or that was some helluva convincing acting going on there. I could feel the passion and desire tney had for each other just radiating off the TV screen!!

AGREE!!!! Gives me butterflies in the stomach each and every time I watch/replay it...its screaming intimacy in all angles!

• Like 18

57 minutes ago, Chellsee said:

I want to hit a dislike button but can't find one! hahaha!

You better put your hands up @annettegatuslao or else... I'll shoot you! LOL...

I think I'm the only one here believes that nothing "too deep" had happened between the two. Are you guys not convinced that Big Boss is a TRUE gentleman? He's maybe an exception to many! :P ;)

i'm sorry i rather believe him as A REAL men wkwkw... he is indeed exception because he wait quite a while.

@gilaswan Exactly...  thought her "like a man". what a man usually think about woman after diner, watch movie, hug, holding hand... and then?????? panda-emoticon-04.gif?1292863504

• Like 14

Guys, I just wanted to share a personal opinion on something. So I read an article here on Soompi saying that a season 2 for My Love From The Stars is currently in the works, but Kim Soo Hyun and Jun Ji Hyun will no longer be its main leads because Soo Hyun will be enlisting in the military soon and Hi Hyun will be expecting her first child. Honestly, if this happens to DOTS too, I don't think I'd be too delighted. 

One of the main reasons why DOTS (and even MLFS) was such a hit was because of its actors. It would be such a gamble for the producers and the writers of the show to have a season 2 in the works, but have an entirely different cast. I mean, can you imagine DOTS without SJK, SHK and the other actors/actresses? I think it's been stated here before that highly successful series with second seasons could not live up to the success of the first, because of storyline and casting problems.

Whether we admit it or not, even if a few years from now, Kim Eun Sook will shock us with a DOST Season 2, if SJK and SHK will not be in it, I'd rather not watch. I mean, it would nice knowing new soldiers and doctors, but DOST will always be YSJ and KMY (as well as SDY and YMJ)'s story for me. 

I don't want a new YSJ and KMY ;_____________; 

• Like 13

16 minutes ago, baykawaii said:

Does anyone know whats the sad background music called? For example, when KMY & YMJ received the sad news.

i think you should check the OST. there include instrument too.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, dhia205 said:

i'm sorry i rather believe him as A REAL men wkwkw... he is indeed exception because he wait quite a while.

@gilaswan Exactly...  thought her "like a man". what a man usually think about woman after diner, watch movie, hug, holding hand... and then?????? panda-emoticon-04.gif?1292863504

Waaaaaaaah! :confused::bawling:

They can have coffee all night long (with no heart choco stirrer pls) or play cards... Just to avoid the 'deed'...

I'm putting my hands up and resting my piece... It's so hard to go in a battle wherein you already know that you're digging your own grave! LOL!!!

Big Boss to Beauty: Would you give an answer if we really did it... YES or NO? -Over-

tumblr_o5v12fkKon1tjt42ro3_1280.jpg

• Like 18

7 minutes ago, Chellsee said:

Waaaaaaaah! :confused::bawling:

They can have coffee all night long (with no heart choco stirrer pls) or play cards... Just to avoid the 'deed'...

I'm putting my hands up and resting my piece... It's so hard to go in a battle wherein you already know that you're digging your own grave! LOL!!!

Big Boss to Beauty: Would you give an answer if we really did it... YES or NO? -Over-

YESSS...panda-emoticon-24.gif?1292863509 ahahah.. i'm sorry..

have coffee all night long bad for your gastric, playin card could be boring too as time goes by. i don't think you could avoid it especially wen he come time to time to her house. 

i need to stop this my god beg-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862490

@annettegatuslao for now, i don't think i want new SJ n MY, it will be hard to except new face for this character. beside, i will be salute to anyone who except the over (if there any in the future) to replace SJK n SHK. they will be crazily compared

• Like 13

46 minutes ago, annettegatuslao said:

Guys, I just wanted to share a personal opinion on something. So I read an article here on Soompi saying that a season 2 for My Love From The Stars is currently in the works, but Kim Soo Hyun and Jun Ji Hyun will no longer be its main leads because Soo Hyun will be enlisting in the military soon and Hi Hyun will be expecting her first child. Honestly, if this happens to DOTS too, I don't think I'd be too delighted. 

One of the main reasons why DOTS (and even MLFS) was such a hit was because of its actors. It would be such a gamble for the producers and the writers of the show to have a season 2 in the works, but have an entirely different cast. I mean, can you imagine DOTS without SJK, SHK and the other actors/actresses? I think it's been stated here before that highly successful series with second seasons could not live up to the success of the first, because of storyline and casting problems.

Whether we admit it or not, even if a few years from now, Kim Eun Sook will shock us with a DOST Season 2, if SJK and SHK will not be in it, I'd rather not watch. I mean, it would nice knowing new soldiers and doctors, but DOST will always be YSJ and KMY (as well as SDY and YMJ)'s story for me. 

i don't think that kim eun sook will write DOTS season 2. her other dramas like LOVERS IN PARIS (has highest ratings follow with DOTS by 2nd), SECRET GARDEN (extremely popular and has high ratings although below LOVERS IN PARIS and DOTS) and she got awards because of secret garden drama but there's no season 2 of these dramas. i read she will working with tvN for her next drama that involve korean folktales and goblins. (i might check it out;))

While it was announced earlier that writer Kim Eun Sook, who wrote the popular drama “Descendants of the Sun,” is working with tvN for her next drama, it has been revealed today that actor Gong Yoo is considering the star role in her upcoming work.

According to an affiliate on April 16, Gong Yoo will be starring in Kim Eun Sook’s drama airing in November. There were rumors that actor Kang Dong Won was first approached for the drama, but that was later refuted.

Gong Yoo’s agency also stated, “We are positively considering the new project by Kim Eun Sook. While there was a productive meeting between Gong Yoo and Kim Eun Sook, nothing has been decided yet.”

Not many details of this new drama has been revealed yet, except that it is inspired by Korean folktales and goblins.

credit to soompi

but i read there a discussing about DOTS movie/dramas (?) remake chinese version. stil for me nobody can replace SJK and SHK as CAPTAIN YOO SI JIN and DR KANG MO YEON!

but since they had to edit about North Korean soldier part in china broadcast, they must edit it in remake chinese version too. i never understand about the remakes though:huh: people will always compare it with original:sweatingbullets: i think what makes yoo si jin character different is because he's not typical soldier types in dramas. he's so flirty and like to jokes a lot. he's also the most cheerful among the 4 main leads:lol:

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, enzek said:

i don't think that kim eun sook will write DOTS season 2. her other dramas like LOVERS IN PARIS (has highest ratings follow with DOTS by 2nd), SECRET GARDEN (extremely popular and has high ratings although below LOVERS IN PARIS and DOTS) and she got awards because of secret garden drama but there's no season 2 of these dramas. i read she will working with tvN for her next drama that involve korean folktales and goblins.

but i read there a discussing about DOTS movie/dramas (?) remakes chinese version. stil for me nobody can replace SJK and SHK as CAPTAIN YOO SI JIN and DR KANG MO YEON!

but since they had to edit about North Korean soldier part in china broadcast, i wonder how they will tackle this in chinese version. 

@enzek Oh yes yes :) I do not know that a season 2 for DOTS seems a bit blurry, but we never know. A lot can happen in a few years and we might just wake up one day with the news that Kim Eun Sook has it in the works. But for the mean time, I will repeatedly watch and cherish those 16 wonderful episodes <3 

• Like 8

42 minutes ago, dhia205 said:

i think you should check the OST. there include instrument too.

I checked on YouTube & couldn't find it. The only instruments I found was the songs with lyrics. The background song I'm trying to find has no lyrics.

3 minutes ago, baykawaii said:

I checked on YouTube & couldn't find it. The only instruments I found was the songs with lyrics. The background song I'm trying to find has no lyrics.

Hai, I think you should listen to DOTS OST Volume 1. You can find all the instruments there. If the instrument you want not in there, it must be on DOTS OST Volume 2. Hope this help. I think someone has posted youtube vids from ost vol 1 in this thread but better you search it by yourself on youtube. :)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, annettegatuslao said:

Could not agree more. I am not fond of sequel, unless they can bring the original actors for the season two. There are many sequels that failed to meet audience expectation. And I have to salute those who will take on the role for sequels bcos they will be crazily compared with the original cast. 

DMJ and CSY is KSH and JJH, there will be no way they can re-create such a great tandem for the season two. And here in DOTS, it's impossible to surpass the level of chemistry and acting skills of SJK and SHK, the characters are meant for them I can't even imagine someone else act this characters except them both. Maybe they will create a new characters similar to them but what's the point? I think better just leave the series end in this 16 episodes, no need to ruin the story. 

Anyways, I can only accept season 2 only with the original casts :D 

• Like 13

@Chellsee Annnd.. they couldn't be playing cards for the whole night. Did u see KMY's place? It's small. The bedroom is just right behind the living room.. and there is only ONE room and ONE bed. And ONE couch. Ohohoho. @gilaswan has to write a fic on this. The next scene. At KMY's house.

And no SEQUELS please. I don't mind a movie. Seriously. They could have maybe a national terrorism or smtg. And Haesung Hospital held hostage. Has anyone watch London Has Fallen? Yeah, we can have something like that. Lol!!

• Like 10

“Descendants of the Sun” Co-Writer Speaks Out on Second Season

One of the scriptwriters for “Descendants of the Sun,” Kim Won Suk, has given his final opinion on the rumors of a second season.

“I have no plans for a second season,” he said in an interview on April 19. “I’ve already told the story I wanted to tell. I hope that Yoo Si Jin will lead a happy life in the future without any more trouble.”

Kim Won Suk co-wrote the “Descendants of the Sun” script with Kim Eun Sook, and many viewers are curious as to what his next project will be.

“I want to write a historical drama,” he said. “I also want to try writing in the 19+ genre. I am curious if the Korean drama industry will produce more adult dramas in the future.”

It looks like “Descendants of the Sun” won’t be getting a second season (at least from the same writers).

http://www.soompi.com/2016/04/18/descendants-of-the-sun-writer-speaks-out-on-second-season/

• Like 17

Cf_XE_JUUAA9x1G.jpg  

Cf_XFDzVAAA_hGB.jpg

cto

Song Joong-ki Interview Part ③ ‘Acting career’

Updated : April 19 2016

restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20160419
“Descendants of the Sun” has come to an end, and so has Song Joong-ki’s role as the dashing Army Capt. Yoo Shi-jin. For the first time since the show’s completion, Song engaged in an interview session at the Grand Hyatt Seoul to talk about his life as an actor and a 31-year-old. Below is the full transcript of his hour-long interview, including responses to questions asked by K-pop Herald readers via email.

Q: What are your tips to acting out a romantic scene? (Asked by Huixin)

Well, not just for romance but also for other genres, the script is always considered the most important. It is always my top priority to go by the script or the book, and that’s why I think that it is so important. Another tip would be to think about why the writer created the scene, why she or he wrote the lines this way, or to put myself in the writer’s shoes.

Q: Are there any specific characters you want to do? What about acting as an antagonist? (Asked by Grace Chong, Tammy Chai, Kara Wynona, Filzah Razak, Marshandyar Aisha Dwitarahma, Mei Yen, Asiya Hussain, Belle Sia, Orachorn Ruangchoengchum, Trang Ngo, M.R. Wang, Sara, Daniella, Karen Ho)

As many of you already know, I‘m quite greedy when it comes to acting. There are many characters that I would love to try out, but I did certainly achieve one of my goals. I have always wanted to act in a drama or film based on the time of the Japanese colonial period, and I will be doing so in the upcoming film “Battleship Island.”

I also want to take on a scary, blood-chilling role one day. Personally, I like the actor Edward Norton. A role similar to what he does would probably be very attractive to me. Maybe in a thriller?

Q: It has been nine years since your debut. What were your goals as an actor and have you achieved those goals? (Melina, Bea Jorda, Intan)

When I was off to a fresh start as an actor, my main goal was to try as many different roles in various genres of works. I didn’t think about trying to reach the top in a short period of time, because I wanted to prevent myself from making mistakes or showing a low quality of acting. In terms of those goals, I think I have partly achieved them, and I am still in the process of doing so. 

Q: Talking about genres, are there any genres that you would like to avoid or give a try? (Asked by K-pop Herald)

I have not and will not give much thought to the genre of the drama or movie. That’s why I have acted in the fictional-historical drama “SungKyunkwan Scandal,” fantasy romance film “Werewolf Boy” and others. They were all chosen simply because I loved the character itself. If I am attracted to the role, I think other things (like genre) are pushed out from being a priority.

Q: Your role as a soldier received a lot of attention in “Descendants.” Surprisingly, your next role in “Battleship Island” is also going to be similar. Why did you choose such roles and how will the new character be different? (Asked by Elisabeth C, Ellen Ng)

Actually I never imagined myself in such a role. I just happened to choose a soldier role for “Descendants,” and the same for “Battleship Island,” mostly due to the great storyline. In terms of the latter, the character is a Korean soldier fighting for independence from Japan. I am still in the process of preparing for it so I cannot be specific about the results, but it certainly will be a very interesting piece of work to watch. 

By Kim Ji-young (christinekim@heraldcorp.com)

=============

One of the scriptwriters for “Descendants of the Sun,” Kim Won Suk, has given his final opinion on the rumors of a second season.

“I have no plans for a second season,” he said in an interview on April 19. “I’ve already told the story I wanted to tell. I hope that Yoo Si Jin will lead a happy life in the future without any more trouble.”

Kim Won Suk co-wrote the “Descendants of the Sun” script with Kim Eun Sook, and many viewers are curious as to what his next project will be.

“I want to write a historical drama,” he said. “I also want to try writing in the 19+ genre. I am curious if the Korean drama industry will produce more adult dramas in the future.”

It looks like “Descendants of the Sun” won’t be getting a second season (at least from the same writers), but you can still watch its full run on Viki!

soompi

• Like 20

‘Descendants of the Sun’ cinematographer admits product placement excessive

“Descendants of the Sun” director of photography admitted that the drama series contained excessive product placement throughout the series, but argued that there was no other choice due to the drama being fully produced before being aired.

He said on KBS 2TV’s Web talk show “Got TV” that he opposed product placement in some scenes, but his opinion was overruled. The show was aired through the network’s YouTube channel dedicated to entertainment and mobile apps.

“I strongly opposed the product placement during the kiss scene of the Song-Song couple,” Kim Si-hyoung, the series’ director of photography, said, referring to a dating scene of Song Joong-ki and Song Hye-kyo in a coffee shop. The scene exposed the exterior sign of the coffee shop and the brand label on a cup. 

“But there was nothing I could do. I hoped viewers would tolerate the product placement,” Kim added.

Kim also said it was “not right” to air a kiss scene between Jin Goo and Kim Ji-won in a driverless car. 

But Kim argued that product placement was “essential,” as he and other production staff found it hard to secure revenues from TV advertising.

“Advertisers doubted the series’ success. No one could be sure if the series would be a success or failure,” said Kim when asked about a scene where Yoo Si-jin orders a sandwich from a global sandwich chain. 

He added that the team was not paid for a scene featuring a Choco Pie, one of the Koreans' favorite confectioneries. 

The series’ revenue from such product placement reached about 3 billion won ($2.5 million).

“Got TV” is the network TV broadcaster’s first live streaming show hosted by TV personality Heo Jun and announcer Lee Jeong-min. The move to draw viewers through the online platform was launched in the first week of April. 

By Son Ji-hyoung (json@heraldcorp.com)

http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201604191305576133179_2

• Like 13

song-joong-ki-aegyo.gif

song-hye-kyo-batting-eyelashes.gif

song-song-couple-fist-bump.gif
 dots-myung-joo-kicking-rock.gifjin-goo-chocolate.gif

=============

11 Song Joong Ki facts every fangirl needs to know

Fact 2: My dating style? I learned a bunch from Yoo Shi Jin.

Spoiler

dff5a94a-62c8-4e53-904d-48bd177d68b0.png

“I learned from Yoo Shi Jin, ‘Oh, this is what my girl would like.’ I understand why so many female audience members like my character.”

Fact 3: My married fiends are annoyed at me.

364f19dd-286a-4812-b72f-164ea4de96a3.png

“I would’ve been so popular if I were like Yoo Shi Jin. Does someone perfect like Yoo Shi Jin exist in real life? That sounds like fantasy.”

Fact 4: It’s hard to think of myself as a Hallyu star.

Spoiler

075e2114-cdc7-45da-94a3-e462497a1a80.png

“I’m just popular at the moment. The real Hallyu stars are Hye Kyo noona and ‘Asia’s Prince’ Lee Kwang Soo.”

Fact 5: I’m upset about people close to me getting exposed to the media.

Spoiler

ce922902-7b6c-49db-971d-e56f78c76a55.jpg

"My family is exposed to the media, and (reporters) visit my house. There’s something sad about the situation to think that it is what I should deal with."

Fact 7: For an actor, appearance is as important as acting ability.

Spoiler

396375a3-7ee5-4e83-815a-749041768e7d.png

“Acting well isn’t everything. Things like physical condition and facial features are just as important.”

Fact 8: I’ll never abandon the “Flower Boy” title.

Spoiler

02991db8-c4a8-4b31-b393-444d51cb2905.png

“I’ve never thought about abandoning the title ‘Flower Boy actor.’ Because appearance means a lot to an actor, I’ll do my best to take care of my skin and prolong aging. Of course, I’ll do my best to cultivate my inner side as well.”

Fact 9: My perfect type? A wise woman.

8aa50583-0402-42c8-955d-e51d5b021fd9.png

“My perfect type is still a wise woman. That’s the most important part.”

Fact 10: Military had a positive influence on my life.

Spoiler

4fa8f09e-3819-4db7-a7e3-be0833b95192.jpg

“I learned so much being the person Song Joong Ki (let alone the actor Song Joong Ki). I believe that is reflected in my acting.”

Fact 11: I’m greedy when it comes to acting.

8da6db0b-837d-4ce0-a7d4-b73d408bda47.png

“Because I’m greedy when it comes to acting, I want to play a lot of characters. I chose to star in the film Battleship Island because I have wanted to do one that’s set during the Japanese colonial period.”

https://www.dramafever.com/pt/news/11-song-joong-ki-facts-every-fangirl-must-know/

=========

‘Descendants of the Sun’ (DoTS) episode 17, 18 & 19 spoilers, promo, preview: What happens in the three-part special, epilogue? [Video]

Jaskiran Kaur | Apr 19, 2016

‘Descendants of the Sun’ epilogue (episode 17, 18 &19) spoilers, promo: What happens in the three-part special? [Video] (Photo : Facebook/Descendants of the Sun)

"Descendants of the Sun," also known as "DoTS," is not yet over. Fans will be treated to a special-three-part epilogue following the finale that aired on April 14, Thursday. Even though an extension for the show was denied, the KBS drama starring Song Joong-ki (Yoo Shi Jin), Song Hye-Kyo (Kang Mo Yeon), Kim Ji-won (Yoon Myung Ju) and Jin Goo (Seo Dae Young) will return to the television this week for special episodes. Here is what to expect from episode 17, 18 and 19. Also, watch a promo video to the epilogue.

Fans must brace themselves to relive the story of "Descendants of the Sun" (DoTS) and watch Captain Yoo Shi Jin and Doctor Kang Mo Yeon tell their epic love story all over again. Meanwhile, the after-finale episodes are expected to delve deeper into fan-favourite Sergeant Major Seo Dae Young and Lieutenant Yoon Myung Ju's story, too.

In addition, the special episodes that will air for three days on April 20, 21 and 22. According to Soompi, episode 17 and episode 18 will each be 70 minutes long and feature highlight reels.

As for the final special segment (episode 19) it is said to bring some never-seen-before-scenes and behind-the-camera moments. And before the show bids goodbye to the fan, "Descendants of the Sun" (DoTS) special episode will present an epilogue to the Big Boss (Captain Yoo Shi Jin) and the Beauty's (Kang Mo Yeon) story.

Recently, the "Descendants of the Sun" actors Gabriel Dye, who plays the role of an arms dealers in the series, shared some behind-the scene photos on his Instagram. Scroll down to view them.

A promo video for "Descendants of the Sun" (DoTS) was recently released teasing three-part epilogue of the number one Korean drama of the recent times. It gives a glimpse of warm moments between Shi Jin and Mo Yeon and some behind-the-camera scenes.

"Descendants of the Sun" (DoTS) finale (episode 16) ended with Shi Jin and Mo Yeon's emotional reunion. For all these years, Mo Yeon thought Shi Jin was dead. Miraculously, on the day of his death anniversary, Shi Jin makes a return and leaves Mo Yeon in tears. As for Dae Young and Myung Joo reunites and Dae Young graduates high school. At the same time, it is revealed how Dae Young and Shi Jin were tortured for days in an unknown location. The show ended showing that the soldiers and the doctors are back on duty, saving lives.

"Descendants of the Sun" (DoTS) concluded with record-breaking ratings, garnering 38.8 percent rating. The show broke its own records as the finale earned four percent higher ratings than it earned for its penultimate.

What are your expectations from the highly anticipated special three-part epilogue? Let us know in the comments section below.

"Descendants of the Sun" (DoTS) episode 17 and 18 will air 10:00 pm KST on KBS and Episode 19 will air at 9:25 KST. Stay tuned for more spoilers, information and updates.

Read more: http://en.yibada.com/articles/117321/20160419/descendants-sun-epilogue-episode-17-18-19-spoilers-promo-what.htm#ixzz46FgytQnt

• Like 21