[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

Awe the bed scene of the SDY & YMJ was edited out. Wonder if the filmed an actual bedscene for YSJ & KMY.  The bed scene in the hospital didn't count as an actual bedscene because there is no insinuation of the deed!  LOL  There has been lots of witty banter regarding this but no actual proof.  The writers are such a tease!  I would actually like proof of intimacy between the YSJ & KMY LOL   Sorry pervy mind....still can't get over DOTS...... it has been my addiction for the past 2 months...

• Like 13

Most Chinese watched 'Descendants of the Sun' on smartphones

SEOUL, April 18 (Yonhap) -- A majority of Chinese viewers of South Korea's hit television series "Descendants of the Sun" watched the show on smartphones, a Chinese video sharing operator said Monday.

Broadcast simultaneously on South Korean terrestrial television network KBS 2TV and Chinese broadcasting and video sharing platform iQiyi, from Feb. 24 through April 14, the 16-episode series enjoyed explosive popularity in both countries.

South Korean actor Song Joong-ki and actress Song Hye-kyo appear in this still photo of KBS 2TV's hit drama "Descendants of the Sun," released by Blossom Entertainment. (Yonhap) South Korean actor Song Joong-ki and actress Song Hye-kyo appear in this still photo of KBS 2TV's hit drama "Descendants of the Sun," released by Blossom Entertainment. (Yonhap)

According to iQiyi, about 77 percent of the Chinese audience of the show watched it on their mobile phones. IQiyi is the drama's exclusive broadcaster in China.

IQiyi's data also revealed that more than 90 percent of Chinese watchers of the drama belonged to the "jiulinghou generation," a Chinese term for the generation of young Chinese born in the 1990s or after.

Of these young Chinese watchers, more than 70 percent felt attracted to the lead character Yoo Si-jin, played by actor Song Joong-ki, or the main supporting character Seo Dae-young, played by actor Jin Gu.

As of Sunday, "Descendants of the Sun" had scored about 2.7 billion cumulative views on iQiyi.

The number of clicks for the series even replaced the previous record set by another hit South Korean romcom series, "My Love From the Star," starring actor Kim Soo-hyun and actress Jun Ji-hyun and broadcast on MBC from Dec. 18, 2013, to Feb. 27, 2014.

South Korean actor Song Joong-ki and actress Song Hye-kyo appear in these still photos of KBS 2TV's hit drama "Descendants of the Sun," released by Blossom Entertainment. (Yonhap) South Korean actor Song Joong-ki and actress Song Hye-kyo appear in these still photos of KBS 2TV's hit drama "Descendants of the Sun," released by Blossom Entertainment. (Yonhap)

As of Monday, "Descendants of the Sun" was searched 12.83 billion times on Weibo, the Chinese equivalent of Twitter, becoming the third most popular search keyword on the service.

South Korean entertainment and market observers estimated that the popularity of the South Korean military romantic melodrama will continue to heat up China for the rest of the year, with a number of retail giants eyeing to ink promotional contracts with the drama's actors.

jwc@yna.co.kr

(END)

http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/culturesports/2016/04/18/0701000000AEN20160418006000315.html

congratulations to the team!!!

• Like 11

8 hours ago, melissala said:

Her mother alluded to her not having boyfriends or going far (but a girl doesn't tell her mother everything!), but if she only had Yoon Gi oppa and the chairman as dates (seriously with this face.gif????) because all she did was study then I guess she never did much.  I doubt he is.  I refuse to believe that lol  Not a mid 30's guy in the freaking army.  

+ @CatWhiskers Hahaha... I'm inclined to agree with CatWhiskers. From what we see, he doesn't have his own home and flits between the unit bunks and his own home and from the looks of it, he actually hardly goes home. He does seem the serious sort and not the kind who has flings (did we also not attempt to analyse the air stewardess dates the last time? Hahaha). Might have dated here and there, kissed a few here and there, but methinks serious stuff is just between them two. Heh...

• Like 9

2 hours ago, gilaswan said:

+ @CatWhiskers Hahaha... I'm inclined to agree with CatWhiskers. From what we see, he doesn't have his own home and flits between the unit bunks and his own home and from the looks of it, he actually hardly goes home. He does seem the serious sort and not the kind who has flings (did we also not attempt to analyse the air stewardess dates the last time? Hahaha). Might have dated here and there, kissed a few here and there, but methinks serious stuff is just between them two. Heh...

Our Captain Yoo is very innocent then.

NnPHKTp.jpg

I like how MY can shock him. :P  I'm still not totally convinced he didn't have a youthful indiscretion or two, but maybe not to that extent.  Though I agree, I bet the guy never had a serious relationship before.  Not many women can handle that sort of life. 

Speaking of homes, I guess he doesn't really have one when he's not at the base? I guess MY's apartment is his now. :phew:

• Like 18

It will be unfair to song song couple if Gowon couple bed scene were shown k k k k k....the director should let song song couple have their own too!! The sexual tension between the two are too much and yoo shi Jin visited mo yeon place so many nights just to have that

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, cristapark said:

It will be unfair to song song couple if Gowon couple bed scene were shown k k k k k....the director should let song song couple have their own too!! The sexual tension between the two are too much and yoo shi Jin visited mo yeon place so many nights just to have that

Okay, People are exaggerating this bed scene. lol  The guy even said it wasn't vulgar.  It sounds more like an after a bed scene, with nothing shown at all, but didn't fit with the tone of the couple that was about young love so it was cut.  And Song Song had two "bed scenes" if you want to get technical.  Though obviously there weren't any implications of anything going on there.  Well, many. 

• Like 10

I lurrrvveee the pic of him in the blue chequered top! So impish! Oh Wait.. are there even anything I/We don't like about him?! haha 

My take on the "deed" thingy : as much as I would love that they have done it, I still think they have yet to. Based on the fact that he choked when MY talked dirty at the cafe scene. He seems to be saying "what the...? We have not even done anything yet!" :D

And the camping scene, there is a "line" that he is not allowed to cross...HAHA! 

Just my interpretation! They are just toooo cute! Lurve them! 

24 minutes ago, lovehbhjw2013 said:

Does anyone remember in which episode KMY asked "Do you know who I am?"

Last episode... at the hospital auditorium right? 

• Like 8

Wednesday tomorrow, the final time we say that for DotS :(   

Even if BTS night, still all good!!    I recall the eight Wednesdays and Thursdays we all got all worked up to catch the recaps and screencaps, and watched subbed eps the following day, and rewatch.    While these are the last 3 consecutive days,   Am still so glad we have DotS, and all this time on this drama that brought us from different places in the world, together to spazz---for over 1,000 enjoyable pages to date.     Cheers everyone,  for these 3 more days that DotS is gifting us!  :)

• Like 12

It's still so funny that we keep thinking about whether YSJ and KMY really did the "deed" hahaha :D But come to think of it, there is also a possibility that they didn't. I mean, I don't mean to break anyone's bubble, but considering that the both of them don't have much experience, I felt like the closest they ever got to being intimate was intense make out sessions (omg just the thought of it is killing me).

YSJ is the typical conservative, army man after all. He may be a little naughty at times, but I don't think he was naughty enough to go that far with KMY. Though I have a feeling that he's thought about it, I'm pretty sure he shakes it off because he doesn't want to turn KMY off and he is unsure if she is ready for that kind of "commitment". I mean, boys will be boys, right? No matter how conservative they are, they've always got that "mischievous" side. 

P.S. I still think they did it. Hahaha! In KMY's house. If not once, twice. If not twice, thrice. I mean why would KMY tease him of being erotic after simply putting a chocolate stirrer inside a cup of coffee, right? :P

• Like 10

"Descendants of the Sun" Song Joong-ki, "I learned a lot from Yoo Si-jin"

photo715063.jpg

It was the drama of his life and it was the best character he'd ever played. Song Joong-ki's "Descendants of the Sun" left a deep impression on many people. No one can deny that Song Joong-ki was the perfect Yoo Si-jin and it's impossible to imagine a "Descendants of the Sun" without him.

Song Joong-ki and Yoo Si-jin are very alike. An interview was held at the Grand Hyatt Hotel on the 15th. He was very polite throughout the interview and it wasn't a coincidence that Song Joong-ki and Yoo Si-jin seemed alike.

Yoo Si-jin from "Descendants of the Sun" was great. Song Joong-ki did a great job but Yoo Si-jin himself was an impressive character. He is a patriotic soldier and a warm lover. His romance with Kang Mo-yeon played a big role in his popularity.

"I learned from Yoo Si-jin how to act towards a woman. I understood why so many women like him. I learned what women like to hear from their boyfriends or husbands. I would be adored if I was similar to Yoo Si-jin. Will there be a man like Yoo Si-jin?"

photo715064.jpg

Many people like Yoo Si-jin but some say he was too cheesy. We wondered what Song Joong-ki thought about this.

"I think it it's just the matter of taste when it comes to writer Kim Eun-sook's lines. I respect those with different opinions too, but I didn't feel like it was too cheesy. I am confident about the lines that I spoke and making it mine. My cons can become my partner's pros and my partner's cons can become my pros".

"There are many lines that I remember. I watched a replay of the drama on TV and recalled all the lines that I've said. They were attractive. The line, "I keep doing these hard things" at the end of the fifteenth episode explained a lot at the time".

photo715062.jpg

"Descendants of the Sun" and Song Joong-ki became popular at the same time. Song Joong-ki created a syndrome in Korea and continued that on to China, making himself a Hallyu star. However, he was calm about it.

"I was in Hong Kong for the drama promotion. I realized how much the fans love the drama. It was surprising, how many people were watching the drama. And they call me a Hallyu star but I don't agree. I try to stay calm about the popularity and the real Hallyu star is Lee Gwang-soo".

photo715061.jpg

Song Joong-ki had a lot of affection for "Descendants of the Sun". He accepted criticism and was proud to be the main character.

"I remember the director of the drama and my manager said we should make a drama that is talked about even after years. I realized how passionate that sounded. I have lots of opinions about the drama but it's an honor to be in a drama that everyone talks about. I know there are different opinions but I don't need to talk about them in case I bring about misunderstandings. I'm sure the director and writer will have a chance to answer them themselves".

Song Joong-ki gained confidence as the leading actor of "Descendants of the Sun". He's matured a few steps as part of a drama maker. "Descendants of the Sun" has become one of the greatest dramas of his life.

source: hancinema

• Like 14

1 hour ago, lovemetruly said:

Just look at the way he barges in and out of her house. He's too comfortable there!!! Going in and searching inside her fridge, placing candles everywhere. He's basically at home. 

I bet he has his own key by the time they are discussing Daniel and YeHwa's wedding. Hahaha...

• Like 7

OMO, at this rate the tread can add another 100 pages soon. This byeontae discussion is really something, huh? I think we never seen SJ's house, and the way he barges in MY's house is like it's his. lol

How many times did he stay at her home exactly, I lost count and out of all those nights I'm sure something happened, well not really about doing the "deed" haha, maybe just some serious make out sessions, judging from MY's character she is not that easy to let SJ gets his way. Love the night they are bickering about RV, just like husband and wife, and they did nothing after that? oh well...

Everytime they are together at her house and the next scene is the morning after with the other character, I feel like punching my screen, what the heck, can you show me just a little bit their night activities?

I really should stop here about this topic, lol...

• Like 15

1 hour ago, Astarzzz said:

I lurrrvveee the pic of him in the blue chequered top! So impish! Oh Wait.. are there even anything I/We don't like about him?! haha 

My take on the "deed" thingy : as much as I would love that they have done it, I still think they have yet to. Based on the fact that he choked when MY talked dirty at the cafe scene. He seems to be saying "what the...? We have not even done anything yet!" :D

And the camping scene, there is a "line" that he is not allowed to cross...HAHA! 

I actually think he choked cos he didn't expect her to be so forward in a public place, like, "Hush! These are things we say in the bedroom, not out here!!" And the line he's not allowed to cross was probably just teasing between them. After all, camping is quite "public" too.

• Like 13