[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

Hey if anyone is looking to purchase the DotS OST,  I found a really good deal for it on Global Interrpark which is also offering free international shipping. I just ordered mine and it came out to $15.49 in USD. Here is the link! I've ordered beauty products from GP before and they're a great site. 

• Like 4

Chingus, just want to make sure.

The reason why capt yoo go against the order in ep4, (in VIP case) is to protect dr kang, isnt it? Otherwise dr kang will take the blame.

I also notice he deny it to dr kang. Saying that it is what he learn from his captain.

Please explain 

11 minutes ago, annypooh said:

I'm about to have a heart attack.

per DOTS fb in regards to ep 13.. 

The first & second pic i doubt it, i think its from wine kiss...but the third pic is.....omoo...omoo...Its so hot...i am excited waiting for ep. 13 ♡♡

Come fast please....

• Like 6

1 hour ago, liewalf0512 said:

Isn't it crazy? For past few week since dots airing my head full about this drama..i repeat again the episodes for countless time, what am i gonna do when this drama end T_T..

Wednessday palli waaaaa...

Omo, I'm in the same situation. I have a bunch of assignments but keep enjoying watching over and over again all 12 eps without being bothered by the coming deadlines XD I have to stop now to finished everything. This drama is just so good TTTT

• Like 5

58 minutes ago, gilaswan said:

Just updated with a new chapter and rearranged the order of the chapters, so newest chapter is the first. It's the after coffee-hug gap. @rainbowbrite

Waiting for your update chingu....♡♡♡ you now what, your fanfic can fill my time while i am desperatly waiting for next episode. ♡♡ Thank youuu♡

• Like 4

10 hours ago, gilaswan said:

The report that said Yoo SiJin is an "unrealistically perfect special forces captain". Hahaha... He is. Who cares? I watch kdramas to live out my fantasies, yo. 

And why all this talk about Jin Goo and JoongKi not being "man enough" (i.e. too slender) to be special forces? Are special forces meant to be bulky? Yeuch!! It's more realistic to have men of SJK's and JG's built to be special forces. They need to be nimble, agile, and small enough to get into tight spaces! Y'know, this is what happens when men cast for male roles. Pfft. They're living out their own fantasies ("I wish I were the hulk"). GAG. 

The report that said Yoo SiJin is an "unrealistically perfect special forces captain"

heh. it makes me remember this:

"(Song Joong-ki) is very good looking with a boyish look. In real life a captain must shoulder a lot of burden and would look older." - Prayuth Chan-ocha, prime minister of Thailand

sorry not sorry but i prefer drop gorgeous captain yoo si jinB) i'm pretty sure he's enjoying it too;)

Are special forces meant to be bulky?

by reading some comments, this is some factor that make people feel that song joong ki is unsuitable for the role in this drama. it seems that soldier, especially captain must be bulky in their imagination:P

JoongKi not being "man enough" (i.e. too slender) to be special forces?

song joong ki is a great actor for me but before this he always gives cute and boyish charm in his drama. and for me song hye kyo gives mature feeling whenever she acts. so at first i'm also feel skeptical for song joong ki role as a soldier to be honest. will they match as a couple? can song joong ki act as a soldier beside song hye kyo? but since i love this doctor/soldier type of romance i'm just watch it. and i'm sooo glad i did. they match the role so much. song joong ki can transform yoo si jin character to boyish, manly, sexy, cool charismatic and intense whenever it's needed. he erase all the doubt in my mind before. song hye kyo also rocks as kang mo yeon. she can be vulnerable but also mature, sassy, lovable and cute. and i like that song hye kyo acts all that in such a womanly way. no overacting like some female character in some korean dramas. nobody can replace song joong ki as yoo si jin and song hye kyo as kang mo yeon. 

captain yoo and dr kang are among my top otp right now:wub: give me mini kang mo yeon and yoo si jin pleaseee! their children will be super duper gorgeous!

e4d266a4-d709-4f87-88de-b1e03b357439.jpg

picture credit to owner

• Like 16

...PIjPb1y.gif?1...

===

==============

Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo spotted at the airport together

By alim17  

song-joong-ki--song-hye-kyo_1459780886_a

Actors Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo of KBS 2TV's hit drama, 'Descendants of the Sun,' were spotted at the airport together on April 4!

Photos were posted onto Weibo of the two at the Incheon International Airport on this day getting prepared to leave the country.  In the picture below, for example, you can clearly see the handsome Song Joong Ki, and then a bit ahead of him, the beautiful Song Hye Kyo.  This understandably became a hot topic and people got very excited, wondering if the two were spotted leaving for a date overseas - but people also got ahead of themselves...

A drama rep stated shortly thereafter that the two were at the airport in order to go promote 'Descendants of the Sun' which was preparing for its first broadcast in Hong Kong through Viu TV.

Allkpop

PARTNER CONTENT Presented by: dispatch.png

Hong Kong International Airport paralyzed due to Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo’s appearance

Posted on April 4, 2016

Spoiler

Image: Song Hye Kyo's Instagram / Dispatch

The “Song-Song” couple Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo proved the popularity ofDescendants of the Sun as they paralyzed Hong Kong airport with their appearance. 

On April 4th, Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo arrived at Hong Kong International Airport for a number of promotional events in the city. However, local reaction was explosive as fans patiently waited and cheered for their arrival, proving their huge popularity in Hong Kong.

The popular onscreen couple also impressed the awaiting fans with their fashion attracting modest styling and sunglasses.

Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo will be in Hong Kong from April 4th to 10th to promoteDescendants of the Sun. 

http://www.koreaboo.com/photo/hong-kong-international-airport-paralyzed-due-to-song-joong-ki-and-song-hye-kyos-appearance/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

• Like 21

Guest Tinkiebell
27 minutes ago, IrisFM said:

Does anyone know when the press conference is on today and whether they will broadcast it live and where we can watch it?

Also looks like SHK and SJK may  have a photo shoot with Elle Hk...i'm excited and hope this is true since jG and KJW already have theirs.

According to ViuTV HK's official Facebook page they'll broadcast it live on their FB page at 12 o'clock noon, Hong Kong local time. 

viuhkfb.jpg

That's around 7 hours from now.

9 Reasons you will fall in love with Descendants of the Sun

by Shelly M

8b328685-e8dc-441e-a723-0dd303d0ee15.png

Descendants of the Sun is one of the most popular TV dramas currently airing in South Korea. The romantic action series has quickly captured viewers across the globe within a few short episodes. Why is everyone falling head over heels in a love with this series? I'll give you nine great reasons, and after reading this article I think you will too.

1. The intense fighting scenes.

You literally feel like you are watching a box office hit in your home. The action for this series is so amped up it keeps you on the edge of your seat.

Spoiler

caa05eef-0ce4-413f-aa9c-2656866bab4b.png

2. The riveting OR scenes.

Viewers around the world are rooting for the doctors to save lives episode after episode. They put so much heart into each operating room scene, you feel like they are operating on your loved one. 

3. Skinship from episode one.

K-drama fans usually have to wait forever for the leading stars to even get near each other in other dramas! However, DOTS allows the coveted skinship to happen before the end of the very first episode. 

Spoiler

4e5d7309-ee34-43eb-84f2-b08fd86826c2.png

Spoiler

7a88c745-5a2d-4d8b-9b57-5dc9d07cab93.png

4. The sexy shirtless soldiers.

The actors portraying soldiers in this series are not afraid to show off their tantalizing six packs. I have a feeling everyone will be fangirling about their scenes for years to come.  

Spoiler

4534f4c5-fef0-4092-a79e-a665d2525579.png

5.  Dae Young and Myung Joo's intriguing love story.

The writers have made the second couple's love story so mysterious! You actually anticipate their scenes more than Eun Taek and Bo Ra's scenes in http://www.dramafever.com/drama/4747" target="_blank">Cheese In A Trap.

Spoiler

eac39676-cc5d-4cde-9a16-7a6ec1470d0d.png

6. Shi Jin's superior way of breaking dates. 

"The government calls" has to be the most honorable way of breaking any date! Plus, the fact that a helicopter picks him up the first time gives the star extra brownies points.

6a29af6f-c809-4ac6-8ed4-625e05d1cc9b.png

7. Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Gyo's sizzling chemistry.

Viewers have been shipping this couple since the drama started. Their impressive acting has convinced fans that these two were meant for each other.  

Spoiler

27c7c816-13eb-4d74-a445-169bb07855ed.png

8. The "kiss" comes early!

The main stars don't leave viewers hanging by a thread episode after episode. The very first "kiss" debuts in the first few episodes!

Spoiler

ad1b79b3-1ea3-4b84-9402-a6486aa727f9.png

9. Onew sheds his "idol" image with his outstanding acting skills.

SHINee's leader has been praised for his acting since he began starring in the popular series. His hilarious "Onew Condition" makes a comeback in episode four, too.

Spoiler

36feaeb0-598b-47f3-9161-35d3c733f004.png

Which reason made you fall for Descendants of the Sun?

https://www.dramafever.com/news/-reasons-you-will-fall-in-love-with-descendants-of-the-sun/

• Like 15

Kids parody memorable scenes from 'Descendants of the Sun' and it's the CUTEST thing ever!

By jubilantj  

buzz_1459796242_af_org.jpg

Recently Chinese portal site QQ shared cuts of cute children parodying the most memorable scenes from 'Descendants of the Sun,' playing the lead roles which were portrayed by Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo. Everything from the outfits to the gestures are imitated down to a tee, and we can't help but go "awwww" over how cute the kids are. 

Take a good look at the photos for yourself below and let us know what you think of this adorable parody! 

buzz_1459797653_1.jpg

Spoiler

buzz_1459797653_2.jpg

Spoiler

buzz_1459797654_3.jpg

http://www.allkpop.com/buzz/2016/04/kids-parody-memorable-scenes-from-descendants-of-the-sun-and-its-the-cutest-thing-ever

• Like 17