[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

35 minutes ago, MAROSA_JIN said:

MOD EDIT: Please do NOT quote images.

c as tagged 

Beautiful.... still a Goddess no matter what she wears, even recycled clothes...  :) 

She will dress up at tomorrow's press conference..it will be a media frenzy tomorrow ..looking forward to any pictures.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, gilaswan said:

Any other "missing scenes" in episode 12 that anyone wants filled in? Heh... No promises. Just wondering...

oh!  Her final night/day there.  How they said goodbye (other than the view from mars kiss since that was the day before).   Bonus points if SJ is extra pouty and grumpy about her leaving. 

• Like 10

Slim Chance of Season 2 for 'Descendants of the Sun'

YIBADA English 

Notwithstanding the record 40.9 percent rating that cliffhanger scene in Episode 11 of “Descendants of the Sun” got on Wednesday, chances of having a second season for the blockbuster Korean drama are slim.

Lee Eung-bok, one of the people who created the 16-episode drama, aired simultaneously over KBS 2TV In South Korea and video platform iQiyi in China, admitted it would be nice to have a second season but is not sure of the possibility. Among the reasons that Lee cited which makes a Season 2 difficult are to keep all the members of the main cast who would have difficult schedules to coordinate.

That’s because the current season was pre-produced, so everyone’s schedule was freed to shoot the 16 episodes. Being pre-produced is one element which contributed to the success of the drama, so clearing again everyone’s schedule to shoot for a second season would be a nightmare for the production staff.

Lee shared, “The shooting in Greece alone took a month. We needed three takes to create the earthquake scenes, had to construct a large-scale set on Mount Taebaek and constantly sought permission from the South Korean military to use their equipment and locations.”

Another reason is Season 2 would need two writers and again, and it would be difficult to find them again, Lee pointed out, reported Yonhap. It seems fans of “Descendants of the Sun” would really have to just content themselves with the three-day special to air on April 20 to 22.

It took the producers of “Descendants of the Sun” six months to film the whole season and complete the post-production. The producers then submitted it to the Chinese censors for review.

Lee admitted that he and production partner Bae Kyung-soo did not anticipate that “Descendants of the Sun” would become a megahit across Asia. He gave credit to the well-written script and the acting of lead stars Song Joong-ki and Song Hye-kyo whom he disclosed were not the production’s first choice for the main roles.

It is not just the show that is logging record ratings but also the soundtrack which sold more than 20,000 copies last week and dominated domestic online music charts. An OST album that reached the 20,000 mark is considered now an achievement in South Korean music market because of the competition from online streaming and digital downloads.

http://en.yibada.com/articles/113645/20160404/slim-chance-of-season-2-for-descendants-of-the-sun.htm#ixzz44r8pLUnI 

• Like 20

I have another noob question which I hope is not going to test your patientce too much:

How quickly do they tipically release the DVD set containing the dramas?

And, do you guys think that they'll come with the KBS-produced English subtitles?

Thanks in advance to whoever will be kind enough to answer this. ^_^ 

• Like 10

@sanaeozora I think it will depend on the production of the D-cut copies. 

Spoiler

I ordered my Healer DVD last Feb 2014 but I received my copy 1st week of July 2014. They originally planned to release it last week of April 2014 (after 2 months ) but there were various reasons that caused the delay.

The good thing about the Healer D-cut was the awesome english subs. Hope it will be same for DOTS.

Hope that I was able to answer your query.☺

• Like 11

Guest Tinkiebell
47 minutes ago, sanaeozora said:

I have another noob question which I hope is not going to test your patientce too much:

How quickly do they tipically release the DVD set containing the dramas?

And, do you guys think that they'll come with the KBS-produced English subtitles?

Thanks in advance to whoever will be kind enough to answer this. ^_^ 

It varies. Since there's no huge market for DVDs or Blu-rays in South Korea, a DVD/Blu-ray release isn't done by default after the end of the show. If there is enough fan interest in the show, then the drama would get a DVD release planned and announced a week/few weeks or months after it's done airing.

A DVD release for a Korean show doesn't automatically come with English subtitles. The ones that get it are often the popular ones with a strong international fanbase. Well, we don't have to worry about DotS not getting an English release, if it gets a DVD release it will definitely have English subtitles. Though I'm not sure if the English subtitles for this show will automatically be the KBS-produced ones. I suppose this also depends on who's going to produce the DVD release and the agreements they have with KBS. Will the DVD release be produced by KBS or production company "NEW" (The production company behind DotS), or who knows, even another party. 

I hope with its popularity, DotS will get a DVD/Blu-ray release. 

Anyone else more knowledgeable in this area, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. I'm not too knowledgeable in this area, but this is what I know. 

3 hours ago, gilaswan said:

Any other "missing scenes" in episode 12 that anyone wants filled in? Heh... No promises. Just wondering...

Would you please continue from this part writer-nim ?? -->>  ( http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1109460/3/dots-chapter-12-the-missing-scenes-dots-kangmoyeon-yoosijin-urk/18 )  How the other soldiers and doctors/nurses reacted with our Captain Yoo-Doctor Kang couple in the morning after that night ??  P.S.: since my English is not very good, please excuse me if i made a mistake. :) :) 

Edited by Yağmur Taşkın
  • Like 4

@MeandmyCraziness & @Tinkiebell: Thanks so much for the explanation. I'm more used to the Japanese market and they always release DVDs, usually in two different parts, the first part often while the drama is still airing. I was in fact surprised that they had not announced any DVDs during the end of the 8th/9th episode of DotS, hence my question here.

At any rate, if whether it gets a DVD release or not is down to the popularity of the drama, I daresay we're pretty much safe here that it will get one. Hopefully with the KBS subs, which I understand are really good. I also hope we will get news about this soon, perhaps they'll mention something during the airing of the special episodes. 

• Like 7

@sanaeozora  I hope one day after the series is over, and after the dizzying initial demand, I will be able to find an official DVD with subs and completed OST.   Right now my best option is watching and rewatching and marathoning at KBS World, albeit it is several eps late.  The translations are good, I think it takes time to edit.  And trust this: The station will rerun this right after,  remarathon,  then maybe a year or two later, show it again.  It has been known to do this for rating series.

• Like 15

Guest Tinkiebell
6 minutes ago, hazeljrr_c922 said:

@sanaeozora  I hope one day after the series is over, and after the dizzying initial demand, I will be able to find an official DVD with subs and completed OST.   Right now my best option is watching and rewatching and marathoning at KBS World, albeit it is several eps late.  The translations are good, I think it takes time to edit.  And trust this: The station will rerun this right after,  remarathon,  then maybe a year or two later, show it again.  It has been known to do this for rating series.

Has KBS World uploaded a DotS playlist in their official YT channel? I can't find it. Or are you not watching it online?

36 minutes ago, Tinkiebell said:

Has KBS World uploaded a DotS playlist in their official YT channel? I can't find it. Or are you not watching it online?

Hello...no, I don't think they will be uploading it on their playlist soon.

Surprisingly, KBS World is airing DotS with English subs with only one week delay; so, viewers could actually watch Ep. 11 and 12 this Wed and Thurs.  It also has replays.  Viewers can try and catch it based on their schedule uploaded on their site and through their live streaming in YT.

I think this is a very generous gesture by KBS.  :)

• Like 10

53 minutes ago, sanaeozora said:

@MeandmyCraziness & @Tinkiebell: Thanks so much for the explanation. I'm more used to the Japanese market and they always release DVDs, usually in two different parts, the first part often while the drama is still airing. I was in fact surprised that they had not announced any DVDs during the end of the 8th/9th episode of DotS, hence my question here.

At any rate, if whether it gets a DVD release or not is down to the popularity of the drama, I daresay we're pretty much safe here that it will get one. Hopefully with the KBS subs, which I understand are really good. I also hope we will get news about this soon, perhaps they'll mention something during the airing of the special episodes. 

Ah this is good to know! I really want to watch it with subs coming from the team directly since at least we'll know what the dialogues really mean. Don't get me wrong, I'm very thankful to the fansubbers (and I owe my fangirl life to them lol) but it's still different to know the exact thought of their lines. If not official, then at least close to official. 

• Like 5

I know this is a public apperance and that she probably had her stylist (or coordi, as they like to call them in Korea) suggesting her what to wear but, I find it very interesting how her everyday style doesn't differ that much from Mo-yeon's....perhaps Hye-kyo has a lot of input when it comes to the clothes she or the characters she plays wear. 

This is something I wanted to discuss with you guys: how refreshing is it that while Hye-kyo can look fabulous with a potato sack, as Mo-yeon the clothes she wears are actually something we could find at your random clothing store. Not to mention that, Praise the Lord, she's actually seen wearing the same clothes more than once! Like for instance, that denim miniskirt or the white shoes. I really like that because it's a small pet peeve of mine when I see a situation in which it would make sense that the character wears the same clothes, like for instance a doctor in a mobile hospital in a war-torn country, and instead, the character is seen with magazine-worth outfits that are never the same. So I appreciate it a lot that Mo-yeon is seen wearing simple clothes repeatedly...notwithstanding the fact that Hye-kyo still manages to make them look like garments coming straight from the Milanese fashion shows. 

• Like 19

3 hours ago, IrisFM said:

Slim Chance of Season 2 for 'Descendants of the Sun'

YIBADA English 

MOD EDIT: Please do NOT quote images.

Notwithstanding the record 40.9 percent rating that cliffhanger scene in Episode 11 of “Descendants of the Sun” got on Wednesday, chances of having a second season for the blockbuster Korean drama are slim.

Lee Eung-bok, one of the people who created the 16-episode drama, aired simultaneously over KBS 2TV In South Korea and video platform iQiyi in China, admitted it would be nice to have a second season but is not sure of the possibility. Among the reasons that Lee cited which makes a Season 2 difficult are to keep all the members of the main cast who would have difficult schedules to coordinate.

That’s because the current season was pre-produced, so everyone’s schedule was freed to shoot the 16 episodes. Being pre-produced is one element which contributed to the success of the drama, so clearing again everyone’s schedule to shoot for a second season would be a nightmare for the production staff.

Lee shared, “The shooting in Greece alone took a month. We needed three takes to create the earthquake scenes, had to construct a large-scale set on Mount Taebaek and constantly sought permission from the South Korean military to use their equipment and locations.”

Another reason is Season 2 would need two writers and again, and it would be difficult to find them again, Lee pointed out, reported Yonhap. It seems fans of “Descendants of the Sun” would really have to just content themselves with the three-day special to air on April 20 to 22.

It took the producers of “Descendants of the Sun” six months to film the whole season and complete the post-production. The producers then submitted it to the Chinese censors for review.

Lee admitted that he and production partner Bae Kyung-soo did not anticipate that “Descendants of the Sun” would become a megahit across Asia. He gave credit to the well-written script and the acting of lead stars Song Joong-ki and Song Hye-kyo whom he disclosed were not the production’s first choice for the main roles.

It is not just the show that is logging record ratings but also the soundtrack which sold more than 20,000 copies last week and dominated domestic online music charts. An OST album that reached the 20,000 mark is considered now an achievement in South Korean music market because of the competition from online streaming and digital downloads.

http://en.yibada.com/articles/113645/20160404/slim-chance-of-season-2-for-descendants-of-the-sun.htm#ixzz44r8pLUnI 

Does this confirm that the 4 leads will not die in the finale, as the producer is indicating that the schedules of the actors would be 

difficult to get together. For  a season 2.  Therefore, if he was able to get cast.again they would do a sequel.

• Like 16