[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

2 hours ago, mulder9999 said:

DOTS is a KDrama come true....it has everything in it....

but credits should go to the scriptwriters as they beautifully intertwine previous episodes dialogue and scenes back to the current scene.

theres so many of them, just a few as an example

3 trashed cars

minefield

confessions

washing hair

jealous boy friend girl friend

i've never watched a drama anywhere where this happens ... The drama gods were looking from above...

great acting to bring it all to life... DOTS will be a classic  KDrama and has set a benchmark which will be hard to equal

I wait for the "blood type" scene. Why do ysj ask about that? Hi hi. 

Wait for the next episode 

• Like 6

Hello...I am new here, just found this thread recently. I was a long time shipper from shipper paradise but never made an account, just be a silent rider. Because DOTS i bravely make an account since my english not good enough. 

I really love DOTS, i got hooked again with korean drama. I think DOTS is a different from another korean drama. Evertyhing about this drama is beautiful...the storyline, the cast and the most epic is cinematography. At first I tought is this korean drama? When i look at it has 16 episodes than I realise that oh yeah this is korean drama. I just tought I watching a movie with a lots of suprise in each episodes.  DOTS has complete package : romance, bromance, comedy, suspenes and thriller..worth watching and totally love it 

When DOTS end, can I dream that someone make DOTS the movie with the same cast, it would be awesome 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, ayaindah said:

Maybe because KMY said she’ll take the deposit to open a her own office, so that's when she could see YAI. Maybe..

I dont care what YAI name .... Ex crush or not... I only care what scene will i see and how Yippeuni and big boss will react kekekekekek

• Like 9

20 minutes ago, joongkyo said:

Hmm...so YAI is a honest bank teller she meets when she goes to take her deposit back, the one she speaks to on the phone in Urukr?. Or is he Yoon Gi oppa, I'm confused with all the different news sources saying different things.

Don't be too confused.... each of us has the same bits and pieces of information ;) and tries to make our own prediction based on that while waiting for the next episode.  Some might get it right, while most of the time the writers managed to amaze us with a different approach.  

Waiting anxiously for YAI's appearance...

• Like 7

i really bow down to this drama,....to KES for making the awesome script...it cheesy yeah but here i am a fangirl that really need cheesy things that i dont even get in real life..hahahaha...for making a great characters in this drama, that i dont dare to choose which one is my favorite. like how i can choose which one is my favorite episode..every episode left a special mark in my heart, on my mind, and i think i wont ever forget it for a long long long time.

i still amazing to KMY character really...yes because at first i kinda annoyed with her character and cant connect with everything she think and did, but now i really really really really love her. KES makes this character so awesome...such a well written character with well character development too..its like now i can understand everything she did and thinks...and its like i am walking on the same way with her..i like riding in heroine shoes, especially a strong heroine like KMY. So far yes, she is one of my favorite heroine in kdrama. She really have strong character as a woman and as a doctor. She did many amazing things that i cant do in my life if i were KMY. Thats why i respect her more and more nowadays. She really have soldier mentality that never give up and always fighting to her best. and she didnt even changed when she is in love...mostly a heroine will changed her character to become someone else when they are in love but not with KMY..yes..she really one of a kind. She always calm in every intense and panic situation (okay she didnt calm when got caught after speaker confession scene..hahahahaha..thats so cute actually). and yes she is really brave too...i feel like a coward in front of KMY right now.

and in the romance part, i really adore her. at first she confront ti YSj about his lies..and its like let it go all the weight from her chest. but after that she is the one that find a way to make their relationship works again. the way she deal with YSJ situation. She is the one that deal it alone, try to asking herself about it, and come with a great conclusion too. Its hard really to deal with YSJ situation and profession too, but yeah she really learn little by little about YSJ and yeah now YSJ must deal with KMY too, because thats the way love works...do the best from both side..i really loved how their relationship being show in this drama,, such a big supporter and big comfort to each other...they both look like a home to each other...a place to come back..a place to feel comfort...a place to get many love....a place to get many support no matter what you do..ah so sweet... my most favorite scene from this couple is when both of them talk face to face and heart to heart..this is what gowoon couple never do until last night episode.

talk about YSJ....in ep12 it show me that he is not that strong like what i already see in this drama. He has a weak side on him too. after my jaw dropped in action scene by alpha team, the moment YSJ shoot asparagus...my tears that dropped...i cried with him..its really must be hard for him. Like KMY side his goofy and funny side is to talk many things that he cant talk. and his cried said that too. and once again wanna thanks KES, for making YSJ have many priceless expression...i never see SJK show that many priceless expression though i know him a long long time ago..thank you really,

why after watched ep 12 i suddenly feel sad that they are going back to korea and left Urk...i thought i wanna be happy because yeah i already bored with Urk things..wanna something new...but it turned out i sad and wanna cry too...especially when LCH and that little kids scene..that so funny conversation between those two but its sad when i think i wont see that little kid again and will miss him too..

i think KMJ and LCH look like a bromance now...their love-hate relationship...their push and pull relationship..such a symptoms to bromance...hahahaha...will i see them again in korea????yeah i dont think soo...bye bye minjae too TT.TT

• Like 22

7 minutes ago, miss sojisub said:

I dont care what YAI name .... Ex crush or not... I only care what scene will i see and how Yippeuni and big boss will react kekekekekek

Ahahaha I want to see more of our jealous Captain... As he said and I quote "I don't know how to react when I met that guy" and if he going to shoot him or blow him up kekeke

• Like 9

12 minutes ago, lila7 said:

I wait for the "blood type" scene. Why do ysj ask about that? Hi hi. 

Wait for the next episode 

OH  really, that will be funny I guess.

KMY never actually revealed her blood type to YSJ , she replied back with some cheesy lines. :)

• Like 5

NOT ONCE..   Image result for descendants of the sunImage result for gif of descendants of the sun soldiers in episode 12

NOT TWICE...  

Spoiler

Image result for descendants of the sun

Spoiler

Image result for gif of descendants of the sun soldiers in episode 12

Three Times.. 

Spoiler

Descendants of the Sun”: Song Joong Ki Is a Man in Black and on a ...tumblr_o4x0qdQSHW1r1rqm7o6_500.jpg

They Showed Us Their Edge....

Spoiler

Image result for gif of descendants of the sun soldiers in episode 12th?&id=HS.146848744889&w=325&h=175&c=0&p

And Their Heart [羞嗒嗒]......

Credit & Thanks to original owners:wub:

25 minutes ago, triplezg said:
6 hours ago, bluemac said:

In ep 12, i did hear MY called Sijin as Jagi (baby or honey). The scene after samgyetang incident, in SJ office, before she confess SJ in the only one ❤

I heard that too.. i thought i'm the only one 

i just rewatched it

she said  여기  (chogi) = here.

cmiiw ^^

• Like 14

5 minutes ago, Layna Minho said:

When Dr Kang was speaking with Captain telling him and confessing her fears I started crying I felt her pain, her struggles dealing with the hard situation obviously she loves her captain but don't know if she can handle this man and his past present and future and God can we talk about character development ? Dr Kang she is stronger smarter, braver, what a change !! SJK is a fabulous actor, shout out to the writers and his acting when he was crying for the lost of is comrade I was crying with him like a baby. I watched this episode 3 times and I don't think I can't handle the pain :bawling:

That was a great scene with YSJ showing his vulnerable sensitive side, but what was even better was KMY through her imagination to cover his eyes so that he could forget that he took out his friend argus...to erase this memory just like he shielded her eyes from shooting argus telling her to forget this act..

both need to forget to move on...

the scene is quite poetic ....the writers and actors have brought the whole series to a level where each scene to brought to life onscreen..

its truly a magical journey they have given us, best KDrama ever.... 

• Like 18

1 hour ago, stelala said:

Did anyone notice the way SDY's ears moved when MJ said "I love you"? Like he perked up totally! :heart: 

I have this bad and resigned feeling for the next episode.. I think the YMJ/SDY will hve the worst outcome.. The toughest jobs goes to sergeant major seo! And the most heartwrenching scenes too... I wish YMJ and SDY will really overcome all odds and last! Totally in love with their love story.

JinGoo said the ending will be 'refreshing' in an interview. The other time I heard the word refreshing used to describe a plot, it turned out really sad!! Different from expectations, refreshing, but totally heartbreaking :confounded:

I think the ending is going to be different from what everyone is expecting, I don't think it's going to happy ever after.

i think the pebble is going to be the link to the ending..as YSJ says at the end of episode 12 when gives the pebble to KMY 

"now its your turn to see if it works". It's not  going to be a smooth ride towards the end.imo.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, larienssi said:

I have accepted, after having seen Mo Yeon went through such a traumatic experience, i.e., being kidnapped in a foreign country, made to wear a bomb vest, almost getting killed, that noble idiocy may come into play, and I was ready to forgive writer if she would do this, fortunately, this was not the case. Yey! But what really pulled me more in this episode was Si Jin’s vulnerability was finally shown. And Mo Yeon was the witness to this. Mo Yeon imagining herself covering his eyes while he was crying, was probably one of the most moving scenes I have seen in a drama. He must have been more damaged than we think, for causing Argus’ demise. Argus, who, seeing that he kept a photo of them together, was probably once a good friend. Further, Si Jin was probably feeling responsible for putting Mo Yeon through that horrible experience. All through out the series we see him as strong, almost always unfazed, but Mo Yeon really had him figured out, and she realised that more than her fears and the lies, she wants to be there for him, to comfort him. She understood the lies, that somehow, she accepted that it was sometimes, necessary for Si Jin. However, she isn’t going to let those lies, however necessary it maybe, to ruin their relationship. They both had to compromise and that was what Mo Yeon asked of Si Jin. Mo Yeon wants the normalcy of being in a relationship, being able to talk about mundane and trivial matters, and she wants them with Si Jin. But she really stepped up. I like that though she accepted the fact that she will always be in the dark in the sensitive aspects of Si Jin’s job, she bravely asks him to tell her whether he is going somewhere dangerous, and she will satisfied even if he tells her in codes, for instance, like what she said, “If you say you’re going to the department store, then I will understand that you are going on a difficult mission.”, that was to be Si Jin’s compromise. To let Mo Yeon fight those worries on her own, the right to be insecure, as what she said. And it's funny, because even if Si Jin tells her that there will be nothing that she will have to worry about, she comfortably answers him "I don't know", showing that she is realistic, her feet is on the ground, but she trusts him, and she is hopeful. 

I cannot praise Song Hye Kyo and Song Joong Ki enough for their portrayal of these characters. 

Wow, everything I have felt while watching episode 12 that I can't seem to put into words, is right there in your post. I struggle with finding the right words to express so I don't usually post lest I'd look like a total idiot because i can't seem to get my point across. lol I have been noticing your posts and I feel so envious since you seem to be very articulate. I may sound biased since we share almost always the same opinion. kekeke. I enjoy reading your posts, keep on posting. :wub: 

• Like 22

10 minutes ago, Layna Minho said:

When Dr Kang was speaking with Captain telling him and confessing her fears I started crying I felt her pain, her struggles dealing with the hard situation obviously she loves her captain but don't know if she can handle this man and his past present and future and God can we talk about character development ? Dr Kang she is stronger smarter, braver, what a change !! SJK is a fabulous actor, shout out to the writers and his acting when he was crying for the lost of is comrade I was crying with him like a baby. I watched this episode 3 times and I don't think I can't handle the pain :bawling:

I have to admit, I was a little frustrated with Dr. Kang after Big Boss (love the nickname) had rescued her. I know the reality of knowing that he is constantly risking his life for country and political matters scares her, but I think for the first time she also realized that killing people, especially those that he cared for, doesn't leave him unscathed.  His job has highs and it has lows.

Like you, I've watched this episode 2 times already. LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!  

I loved when the 'girls' got themselves in trouble while arguing about a doctor they knew in front of the guys.  

I can't say enough about this drama. I just don't want anyone to die.

• Like 9