[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

2 minutes ago, Carin UM said:

Mr Jin that dirty manager who swallowed the diamond

Ah right... I hope that will be really that stupid manager.... Like our friend said no way YSJ die esp right now since we still have 3 weeks ahead to closure or we will be in chaos without our captain at DOTS :lol:

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, miss sojisub said:

He swallowed all the diamonds...... Hemm i wonder if he can pass out the immigration screening anyway..... I'd really like to see argus break his bone 

Hik hik hik ... The diamond most probably in his stomach .. or may be way down 'stream' kikikikik ... 

I believe immigration screening can only detect metal (correct me if I'm wrong) ... it's not like he's going through xray or MRI ... so the diamond should be safe .. and urghhhhh!! I keep having this image flashing in my mind - him digging out the diamonds . ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

• Like 6

Okay I don't know if it's true or not. I got it from IG and they said not to believe this spoiler 100% because it might be wrong (they got it from weibo)

Spoiler

TEXT PREVIEW FOR EPISODE 11 : 

Kang Mo Yeon finally found the cure for the illness. She asked help in searching for the materials for the medicine. Yoo Shi Jin took her to look for it and finally they have some personal time for themselves after so long. They goes back to the beach that they had gone before. Yoo Shi Jin gave her back that stone that she gave to him. Their relationship was getting to the next step after that. 

Seriously. I just focus on the last sentence of the text preview. GETTING TO THE NEXT STEP? WHAT IS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN? MY HEART!!! <3 

Edited by Tinkiebell
rumored spoilers should be posted under the spoiler feature.
  • Like 18

14 minutes ago, miss sojisub said:

Why do i feel very worry about today episode? 

The preview...... Who is at the surgery table? Is it Argus? And why someone said "is it mr jin body?" Who is mr. Jin its not Yoo Sii Jin right? 

And where YSJ and KMY go when SDY and KMJ arrive? 

Will they survive from the gangs? 

After so lovely episode last night why do i feel so worry today...... And when KMY abducted she wear the same tshirt as i recall..... And who the squad with black attire and mask???? 

Jeezzzz..... I'm going crazy with wild thoughts right now....

the squad with black attire and mask..the one who pointed gun at Agus looks like its Sijin,,from the eyes?

• Like 7

6 hours ago, rubylia said:

part of Kim Ji Won interview, hope someone can translate

#金智媛##太阳的后裔# 智媛24日采访翻译① 关于收视率突破30% 金智媛说:“之前一直有好多人问 收视率有没有突破30%了 但是当真的突破30%的这一刻觉得好神奇 给宋慧乔欧尼宋仲基欧巴还有晋久欧巴都发了祝贺短信 等一下采访间隙还会给阿尔法组的各位发祝贺短信 大家为了拍摄都非常辛苦。”

MOD EDIT: Please do NOT quote pictures.

cr as tagged

i need SHK interview as well  :(

English translations (Sorry I tried my best!)

Regarding ratings exceeding 30%, KJW said: "Before, a lot of people kept asking if the ratings exceeded 30% yet. But when it really did, the moment felt amazing and I sent congratulatory texts to SHK unnie, SJK oppa and JG oppa. During the interview break later I am still going to send congratulatory texts to Alpha Team. Everyone worked extremely hard for the filming."

1st pic – “No second thoughts about a second collaboration with Kim Eun Sook”

After Heirs, KJW who has worked with KES for the second time felt very honoured and thankful for a role worth remembering by audiences in their first collaboration. She would have never have thought to be able to work together. But she was very worried about how to do well so she put in her best.

Why did KES choose KJW again? “I think it’s because she (KES) was satisfied with how diligent I looked at the script. During Heirs, because the script was very difficult, I often went to ask her. I think she must have saw the effort I have put in to play my role well.”

KJW continued to say that she has an amusing fate with KES. Because of DOTS, KJW said “as long as I meet KES, I would change my hairstyle. I have always had long hair but because of Heirs and Rachel’s personality, she suggested I cut bangs. This time, my transformation was also because KES asked me to cut it.

“To be honest I was very worried short hair would not be suitable for me, what should I do? While worrying about all these, the people around me said short hair looks better and suits me. Short hair is suitable for a role like YMJ because it is cute and shows her direct personality. As for my style, the team put in a lot of effort and I thank them for letting me show another me to the audience.”

2nd pic – “I do not have worries filming with a married man.”

Concerning JG, KJW said “I was very afraid of JG before I met him. I felt that he was a man of little words but once I met him he mischieviously said I was a orange juice girl (??? – sorry idk how to translate this part). While reading the script, I met some problems and felt frustrated. He would encourage me by telling me not to worry and to relax. I gradualy felt that he was an accomodating and a man who felt like a teen instead.”

KJW added on: “When JG is not filming, he would frequently mention his wife and son. I feel like he is an outstanding family man but when he was filming he would be focused on the script. I learnt many things from him and he helped me out a lot.”

KJW said “The rescue couple and song-song couple are different.. Initially there was a one-sided love, so we felt much of the audience’s sympathy and love. Although JG sunbae was a lot older than me, he liked to joke around even when he was filming so we did not really feel the age gap. To be honest initially I was worried because JG was a married man and as a woman if I were his wife I would be jealous and throw a fit. But his wife was not like that. We talked on the phone during the broadcast and ate a meal together recently. She asked me not to think too much and constantly gave encouragements. Her understanding makes me very thankful.”

3rd pic – “DOTS was a turning point in my life”

KJW expressed “DOTS to myself was a once in a lifetime opportunity and turning point in my life. I have been thankful for every production since I debuted as Rachel and ___, because without them there would be no YMJ now. Because DOTS was pre-produced, we put in the most amount of effort while filming and after that I had a large change in my attitude towards my acting skills. The past me would often worry about what I should do, what can I do to be better. But now I have desire and determination to do better.

Concerning her next production, KJW said “my next production would be a very important choice to myself and not one I can make on an impulse. The kind of role I want to act in my next production and how I want to portray myself to the audience are questions that need to be thought about seriously and not about doing what I want to do. If I have a good script now, I have to first consider what I can do so as to not let the character down and realize the character’s full potential.”

When asked about future plans, KJW said “now that I have tried a sad/melodramatic character, what about a bright and bubbly role for my next production? I feel that this way it would be interesting for myself when I act.”

• Like 23

Ep 9 brings out the byuntaeness in me omo been replaying the kiss scene countless times! ottokke?

Also this ep KMY reminds me so much of her character in full house. She's so cute and hilarious and funny, truly she's perfect for the role.   I can't imagine any actress who'll pull that role perfectly.  

I have watched lots of kdramas but this is the first time ever that I've seen such chemistry like c'mon they're so real and genuine idk lol I'm so in love with this drama.  I was just smiling and giggling and screaming the whole time and keep on checking the time because I just didn't want it to end. YSJ and KMY WHY SO LOVELY?:heart:

WOW DOTS WILL BE SHOWN IN MY COUNTRY PHILIPPINES VERY SOON!!!YAY TRULY ITS TAKEN THE WORLD BY STORM!!!

WONDER HOW MUCH THE NETWORK PAID FOR IT? HMMM                         

• Like 16

5 hours ago, Erin Lokanata said:

Okay I don't know if it's true or not. I got it from IG and they said not to believe this spoiler 100% because it might be wrong (they got it from weibo)

Spoiler

Kang Mo Yeon finally found the cure for the illness. She asked help in searching for the materials for the medicine. Yoo Shi Jin took her to look for it and finally they have some personal time for themselves after so long. They goes back to the beach that they had gone before. Yoo Shi Jin gave her back that stone that she gave to him. Their relationship was getting to the next step after that. 

Seriously. I just focus on the last sentence of the text preview. GETTING TO THE NEXT STEP? WHAT IS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN? MY HEART!!! <3 

Spoiler

Cinca???they will get marriage on that beautiful beach or another "marriage" :phew::rolleyes:

Edited by Tinkiebell
rumored spoilers should be posted under the spoiler feature.
  • Like 14

1 hour ago, melissala said:

What's in the box? :P  Or what do they think is in the box.... 

i think i've seen that scene from a FB acc. here.....

but i've no idea what it is...seems like it's just a misunderstanding...let's just wait for tonight :grimace:

• Like 8

29 minutes ago, miss sojisub said:

Why do i feel very worry about today episode? 

The preview...... Who is at the surgery table? Is it Argus? And why someone said "is it mr jin body?" Who is mr. Jin its not Yoo Sii Jin right? 

And where YSJ and KMY go when SDY and KMJ arrive? 

Will they survive from the gangs? 

After so lovely episode last night why do i feel so worry today...... And when KMY abducted she wear the same tshirt as i recall..... And who the squad with black attire and mask???? 

Jeezzzz..... I'm going crazy with wild thoughts right now....

It's the plant manager Jin Young Soo. His English name is Richard. Remember, he was about to leave Urk, but Argus' men were already there. Since the minions had stayed there until the plane left, I believe, Richard couldn't leave Urk. Yet he had to hide knowing that Argus was after him. Then he ate the diamonds and maybe because of the diamonds or because he hid in a certain place, he caught a unknown virus.

I am expecting that

- KMY will do the surgery on Argus

- but Argus' men will keep the girl and try to trade Argus against the girl late.

- Argus' men will set a trap and will try to kill the girl and YSJ while the exchange.

• Like 7

33 minutes ago, miss sojisub said:

He swallowed all the diamonds...... Hemm i wonder if he can pass out the immigration screening anyway..... I'd really like to see argus break his bone 

i think in ep 10 preview... they found his dead body

• Like 5

BTW, thank you Lt. Yoon for giving Dr. Kang a different POV on having a soldier boyfriend that gave her the courage to finally confess her feelings..Also, thank you again for giving the Captain a head's up on that too.. :thumbsup: 

• Like 17

5 hours ago, Erin Lokanata said:

Spoiler

I have also read the same text preview last week. In fact, not just episode 11 but the episode by episode text review from 9 to 16. So far episode 9 & 10  text preview is quite accurate. 

I am anxiously waiting to see if the text preview is correct  for 11 & 12  next week becos if it is. That means the ending is already leaked out? ??? 

• Like 15

Thai tourism agency requests visit by 'Descendants of the Sun' star: report

Thailand's tourism agency has asked its South Korean counterpart to help bring a South Korean star from the sensational hit drama "Descendants of the Sun" to the country, The Nation reported Thursday.

Since it premiered on Feb. 24 in South Korea and China, the drama has been an instant hit in the two countries and other Asian nations.

According to the report in the Thailand daily newspaper, Yuthasak Supasorn, governor of the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT), asked the Korea Tourism Organization (KTO) to help arrange a meeting between Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha and lead actor Song Joong-ki.

The TAT governor is reported to have said the lead actor's visit to Thailand would encourage Thais to travel to South Korea, which saw the number of Thai visitors drop to 370,000 in 2015 from

400,000 a year earlier due to the outbreak of the Middle East Respiratory Syndrome.

Separately, Thai Deputy Prime Minister Somkid Jatusripitak, during his visit to South Korea this week, called on both countries to work toward co-producing movies and TV dramas, saying it would enhance the tourism industries in both countries. 

"Dr. Somkid's suggestion is inspired by the success of the film 'Lost in Thailand,' which ignited a boom in Chinese visitors.

Similarly, we could make 'Love in Thailand' since a lot of South Korean couples come here for their honeymoons," the TAT chief was quoted as saying.

The prime minister took office in 2014 through a military coup.

Last week, he recommended people watch the Korean TV series and said he would give his full support to any drama that instills a patriotic spirit in people.

The drama centers around the romantic relationship between a South Korean special forces captain, played by Song Joong-ki, and a doctor, played by Song Hye-kyo, in the fictional war-torn nation of Uruk. (Yonhap)

http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20160324000955

• Like 13

Just now, jackioomg_stv said:

I have also read the same text preview last week. In fact, not just episode 11 but the episode by episode text review from 9 to 16. So far episode 9 & 10  text preview is quite accurate. 

I am anxiously waiting to see if the text preview is correct  for 11 & 12  next week becos if it is. That means the ending is already leaked out? ??? 

If it is not too much to ask, can you let me know the weibo source for text preview? Pls kindly PM me

• Like 5