[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

Guest parisonheaven

Hi everyone, it's my first post here - been following the drama slowly in my free time and I didn't see the written preview being translated yet for Episode 10 yet so here it is :) But if it has been posted before, please forgive me.

Episode 10 Text Preview

빈틈없이 총을 겨눈 시진과, 갈등하는 모연! 대영은 아구스의 변한 모습에서 자신의 처지를 돌이켜 본다. 돌아온 성당막사에서 모연과 명주는 시진과 대영에게 온 의문의 택배를 받게 되는데...

Si Jin who aims his gun without any gaps, and a conflicted Mo Yeon! Dae Young sees Argus' change and looks back on his own situation. Back at the cathedral and barracks, Mo Yeon and Myung Joo receive a suspicious package meant for Si Jin and Dae Young...

Episode 9 is lighter than the previous episodes - romance and comedy all mixed together.  Both lead actors continue to show us they are deserving of the roles assigned to them.  SJK is so charming, he's such a tease - he finally broke the wall surrounding his love interest, Dr. Kang MoYeon.  

i was right when I guessed Lee ChiHoon won't return to Korea with the group.  Another guess- Dae Young won't leave the army.

i can't help but laugh (not smile) every time I watch the scene where YSJ and KMY have hays on their hair.

i was trying to imagine who else can better play YSJ but couldn't think of anyone.  SHK was right when she said 'who else can do it but Song JoongKi'.

• Like 19

The comedy of embarrassment for Mo Yeon is absolutely adorable. I have to say the reactions are dead on to a real situation if I were to be face with such a thing I want to run away and avoid the person in embarrassment. Of course this brings along questions to me on whether or not Yellow Tiger made a visit because he learns that Yoo Shi Jin (Yoo Si Jin) has kissed another girl and that the girl reciprocates his affection. This would mean that his daughter is sheer out of luck which I am sure she is thankful.

It also means that since he is taken now that Dae Young would have a chance to be with Myung Joo. However, I got a bit confused on the portion that talks about how the father gives Dae Young a chance to quit the army and join Myung Joo company (Confused here) and work for them up the ranks til he would be worthy of his daughter. I might have to wait for better translations to understand this portion, but could this be somehow related to Shi Jin and Dae Young being in black suits with ear pieces like body guards?

Sorry rambling.

• Like 19

Don't know if anyone has mentioned it yet, but the scene where they received Gen Yoon and met with him in his office where he asked SiJin if he was interested in MyeongJu at all must have been shot in Korea. Song JoongKi clearly has a cast on his right wrist in those scenes, but when was at the camp before going to receive the General and thereafter when he presumably walks out of the Genera;'s office, his right wrist is cast-free.

Separately, is he ambidextrous? He was tossing the stone with his left hand but he seems to handle other things with his right...

• Like 15

Before the gas station kiss scene... MY was reminded of how MJ stole her crush before so she was wondering why Captain Yoo didn't get attracted to her. She couldn't believe it that Captain SJ preferred her over MJ. Very cute scene, indeed! ;)

• Like 13

2 hours ago, bbsjk said:

There was a lot of skinships in this episode. I really have to pause the videos or stare endlessly at the GIFs whenever they are at very close proximity with each other. They are just so comfortable "under each other's skin". (Oh wait...)

1. During the mine scene, they touched each other plenty of times like they are so used to it. I've been comparing them to the many skinships I could recall in dramas before but these scenes in DOTS were the most natural. 

2. The positions of their legs in the truck. HEHEHEHE. I will just end that here. 

3. When MY was waving at the trucks to hitchhike, SJ(orrrrr.. SJK) grabbed her shoulder and never let go until she saw another truck coming. I SO LOVE HOW HIS HANDS STAYED ON HER SHOULDERS (there is also movement hehe) FOR SO LONG AND SO COMFORTABLY. UGH. 

4. When SJ keeps on moving his head closer to MY's during the gas station scene. And when he kissed her, his head just stayed that close to hers. 

And the best part is, I did not feel any (not one bit) of awkwardness from SHK. :wub:

Actually there's one more skinship happened in the car after the landmine explosion, I love to see how SJ controlled the car using his left hand and securely hold MY's shoulder using his right hand, although it's only a glance, but this lovely simple gesture never fails to impress me...

• Like 22

32 minutes ago, smiletall said:

Also, I'm not sure.. I might be the only one.. But when YSJ was using his sniper scope to spy on KMY and then proceeded to trace a heart with the laser pointer, my gullible kdrama fan side was like: aw that's kind of a clever twist. But then a larger part of me was all: that's kind of a freaky thing to do YSJ... super stalkery. And if it was me, I would be freaked out to see a laser target on my head. I wanted to tell the writer she was walking a fine line in that scene of almost overdoing things. hahaha. But I'll let it go in lieu of how cute our OTP was. 

Sorry to cut your post, but I can somewhat agree that it could have come across as rather creepy but SJK/SJ pulls it off because he's just SO smitten with her.  It also helps that MY and him are in a relationship, so he's not just some random guy but her boyfriend.  So I find it slightly less problematic?  Not that being a woman's boyfriend gives you the right to stalk her, but MY would not have minded him looking at her smile and calling her pretty (in fact, she loves it).  So while invasive, and a little weird, I found it more cute than harmful.   But I wanted to tell him he could go look at her closer up if he wanted to.  She accepted you, don't hide. :P    That scene is also helped by the fact that he's supposed to  be checking out his weapons, so he didn't just randomly set up his rifle scope to stalk her.  He just happened to see her and took advantage of the situation.  But yeah, KES let's not go TOO far now.  I find SJ does walk a fine line from time to time, but thankfully SJK makes him charming. 

• Like 18

I was like – really Yoo Jin Shi? The mines moved? ..  the whole area shifted? Or the mine moved in it’s place (hole) and it became active … seriously? It moved and shifted to the road area? I saw it was a paved road ..  Like Korea shifted a bit closer to japan? That kind of moved? .. Woah ..

Then I go – wahahahhahahhaha.. What da heck … wakakaka… Uruk can shift to korea (after that earthquake) for all I care …

Wakaka ..  I don’t care on the technical aspect of this drama … I couldn’t care less if YSJ pumping her stomach doing the CPR instead of her chest .. I couldn’t be bothered .. wahahhaha Or MY wearing heels to the disaster site (not like she had time to rummage through her stuff to find sneaker and she was on the way home to Korea – A girl has to look her best all the time HOKAY!!! .. and She is not psychic she didn’t know there would be earth quake :D )

But oh oh – I would mind very very very much if YSJ doing CPR but no mouth to mouth resuscitation … THAT IT TOTALLY WRONG … will effect the plot and overall story and message the writer trying to convey will not reach us the viewer ..

• Like 12