[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

3 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

@sanaeozoraI have just edited your last comment.;) I hope, you don't mind but that way, @gilaswan and the others will noticed that they have been mentioned. 

I agree with your comment about Lt General Yoon. He doesn't care about YSJ the man. Interesting is that he sent DY there knowing that the latter would do anything for his sister. He is really heartless and selfish. He knows how much Dy loves his daughter, but as soon as it is convenient, he will use him for his own selfish reason: save his daughter. Actually, he is abusing his position as such. 

Thanks a lot for that! For some reason (perhaps my browser is too slow!) when I add the @ tag the user names don't always come up so I end up having to type them manually. Anyway, technical issues aside, I hope that this abuse stops right there. I've said it at-nauseam but I would hate it if Lt General Yoon abused his positon to pressure Shi-jin into marrying his daughter to get the connections Shi-jin lacks. As Shi-jin's dad said, who is going to make him a general if he doesn't have any strings to pull? Lt Gen Yoon is in a position in which he can be the one helping Shi-jin...but he can also equally be the one preventing him from moving forward. I am genuinely worried about the story heading in this direction because of all the damage that can do, not only to Shi-jin's career but to the other three parties involved (Dae-young, Mo-yeon and Myeong-joo).

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, sanaeozora said:

Thanks a lot for that! For some reason (perhaps my browser is too slow!) when I add the @ tag the user names don't always come up so I end up having to type them manually. Anyway, technical issues aside, I hope that this abuse stops right there. I've said it at-nauseam but I would hate it if Lt General Yoon abused his positon to pressure Shi-jin into marrying his daughter to get the connections Shi-jin lacks. As Shi-jin's dad said, who is going to make him a general if he doesn't have any strings to pull? Lt Gen Yoon is in a position in which he can be the one helping Shi-jin...but he can also equally be the one preventing him from moving forward. I am genuinely worried about the story heading in this direction because of all the damage that can do, not only to Shi-jin's career but to the other three parties involved (Dae-young, Mo-yeon and Myeong-joo).

When you use @, wait a little because it doesn't appear immediately.

I watched the scene between YSJ and his father and the translation between viki and DF is different. In the latter, YSJ's father says that YSJ refused to get promoted and on viki, it's different.

If YSJ's father was so low in the military hierarchie, I doubt, Lt General Yoon would support YSJ. So his father isn't that powerful, but he has a good reputation. I agree that Yoon might abuse his position again and I really hope, this will be exposed.

• Like 10

My first comment for this drama.... I am having so much fun reading this thread. 

I love how well the characters have been fleshed out. I believe a lot of credit goes to the director too. Its easy to mess up a well written script. But here every frame is executed to perfection. That the actors are easy on eyes is a bonus of course!!! :)

I love the interaction between YSJ and his dad. Its very obvious that this family puts honour and commitment before money and rank. The heroine KMY seems to be momentarily swayed from this path because of the incidents back at her hospital... But it makes a good plot line where she will return to her old self. Will they show us more of her friends and family? 

Something very dramatic is around the corner.. the much essential angst in the kdrama... YSJ trapped/missing in action presumed dead scenario... or YSJ rescued but blind/immobilised or (I am dreading this one.. please dont let this cliché happen) amnesia!!! But since there is also a villain/smuggler/drug lord angle I am thinking they wont put YSJ out of action for too long. I am hoping there will be a parallel scene to the resident doctor scene (where his patient dies) and KMY scene when they will bring her the wounded YSJ... where she would refuse to give up and resuscitate the hero :)

And then there is the handsome Yoo Ah In cameo to look forward to. Do you think he will play the former object of KMY and YMJ's affection!

• Like 17

Image result for descendants of the sun korean drama episode 1Image result for descendants of the sun korean drama episode 1ASK K-POP "Descendants of the Sun"

Forgive this late thought but after watching episode 6 again just now.  I realized something I didn't give much thought to the first time I saw it.  YMJ's Dad the General being given the report in his office being reminded his daughter hasn't reported.   Inspecting the roster asking, not about the Boss or his where abouts but about Seo Dae Young.  Only to find out he was already waiting & ready on stand-by.

This was a Dad speaking not a General he knows just how much SDY loves his daughter.  If your daughter is in harms way who would you send?  The best yes, but even more the man who has proven time and time again that he loves your daughter and is willing to sacrifice all he has.  His happiness, his heart, even himself for her.  Knowing he would do anything & everything to find her.  For he knew that if anyone could bring his daughter to safety it would be the Sheriff.  Because LOVE goes  & moves us way beyond what even the human spirit can endure..... [心]

I love the emergency medical support scene at the disaster site. And I love especially how KMY took charge. We've been talking a lot about how she became a doctor for practical "head reasons" - she was academically able. But wasn't there an early scene where YSJ asked her how she could recognize a gunshot wound and she said she had volunteered in a medical mission to Africa before? The entire episode of disaster relief was brilliantly shot and edited. I can see why production costs were so high. Production details and quality are very much evident. So much to love and appreciate in this show, from the frivolous abundance of eye candy to the well written and excellently delivered script. They have quite a talented cast. 

• Like 20

1 minute ago, bebebisous33 said:

When you use @, wait a little because it doesn't appear immediately.

I watched the scene between YSJ and his father and the translation between viki and DF is different. In the latter, YSJ's father says that YSJ refused to get promoted and on viki, it's different.

If YSJ's father was so low in the military hierarchie, I doubt, Lt General Yoon would support YSJ. So his father isn't that powerful, but he has a good reputation. I agree that Yoon might abuse his position again and I really hope, this will be exposed.

Thanks for the tip!

Regarding the conversation between Shi-jin and his dad, the one I've seen says:

Shi-jin: I'll become a general and make you take a picture with me.

Shi-jin's Dad: Oh, my, who'll make a person without strings, a general? You even threw away the chance to become a major.

A few pages back I wrote a post about Shi-jin's position in the army and my own personal theory that he might have been Lt General Yoon's trainer while he was still a cadet. I feel that Shi-jin's father is being a little too modest, which makes me hope that perhaps Shi-jin is not as lacking in terms of connections as his father makes him out to be. 

That said, it's undeniable that Lt Gen Yoon might abuse his positon, even if he is indeed cose to Shi-jin's dad, and force his hand in this whole affair so that he gets his way. As another person said earlier, I am counting on his love for his daughter as a deterrant, hopefully he'll stop himself before he does some serious damage...

• Like 6

How unfair is it that all of the cast and crew already know exactly how this drama is going to end? And here we are, praying for time to go by faster, waiting for the next episode.

At least with non pre-produced dramas we're all in the same boat, not even the actors know wtf is going on until a few hours before the last episode airs :lol:

• Like 22

11 minutes ago, USAFarmgirl said:

Forgive this late thought but after watching episode 6 again just now.  I realized something I didn't give much thought to the first time I saw it.  YMJ's Dad the General being given the report in his office being reminded his daughter hasn't reported.   Inspecting the roster asking, not about the Boss or his where abouts but about Seo Dae Young.  Only to find out he was already waiting & ready on stand-by.

This was a Dad speaking not a General he knows just how much SDY loves his daughter.  If your daughter is in harms way who would you send?  The best yes, but even more the man who has proven time and time again that he loves your daughter and is willing to sacrifice all he has.  His happiness, his heart, even himself for her.  Knowing he would do anything & everything to find her.  For he knew that if anyone could bring his daughter to safety it would be the Sheriff.  Because LOVE goes  & moves us way beyond what even the human spirit can endure..... [心]

And this is exactly the reason why I am so upset with Lt General Yoon. He uses DY as it pleases him. Now, he needs him that's why he sends him there, but as soon as his daughter is safe, Yoon will ask for his return.

@staygold I agree with you. YSJ was raised differently: honour and commitment are more important in SJ's family than rank and social status. It seems to me that Lt General doesn't know YSJ's father that well. If he tries to push YSJ to marry YMJ, I hope, YSJ's father will intervene.

@sanaeozora Yes, but YSJ doesn't like nepotism! He is such an idealist... if he wants to be General, then it has to happen due to his own merits. That's why YSJ's father is so different from Lt General yoon. Neither SJ nor his father want to use strings/connections.

• Like 12

I really tried to get through the day without thinking of DOTs...  Well you can say that.... I failed miserably.  While thinking about MY and I thought about this song.....

''if today passes by that's all for me" - that moment when SJ cannot be reached through the radio and when she heard somebody crying below begging to be saved.... I can just imagine this song....

this addiction of mine driving me nuts.....

• Like 9

42 minutes ago, saenain said:

I'm actually having the same thought, I hope it's not promotional, since "Alpha Team" handle so many different situation, it might be that YSJ goes for another mission that makes him look stunningly awesome in a black suit. :wub: 'my imagination keeps going on'

Both YSJ & SDY seem to fit in any kind of working attire.... or without (if needed). Not gonna complain here :wub:

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, USAFarmgirl said:

OMO!!!! My heart full of buterflies just read your comment

I cant wait anymore!!! Director-nim, give me some DAEMYUNG/SEOYOON/YOUNGJU or ect. NOW!!

Pleaseeeee........

Hope they won best couple award with SiYeon couple!!

Anyway I cant read this thread one by one cz this thread is so crazyyy ahahaha

but anyone know what song played when DY-MJ flashback scene? Another ost?

The production team kill us with a beautiful way, right? Hahahahahaa

• Like 8

What pisses me the most is MJ's father knows how a good soldier DY is. Probably the most than anyone else. He even said, "So the legendary instructor is back."  He even admitted it to MJ. He also knows how much DY cares for MJ. But still he doesn't approve their relationship. Only because of DY wouldn't  be able to reach his position? That's just too selfish.

• Like 12

7 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

@sanaeozora Yes, but YSJ doesn't like nepotism! He is such an idealist... if he wants to be General, then it has to happen due to his own merits. That's why YSJ's father is so different from Lt General yoon. Neither SJ nor his father want to use strings/connections.

It's just like you said. Lt Gen Yoon does not know Shi-jin as well as he thinks he does. He just sees a good soldier who probably came top of his class in MA and who is, as he said, 'general material'. That's all. He'll soon learn (I hope) that Shi-jin will not accept any form of favouritism just as he will probably not accept any form of pressure to do anything he does not deem honourable. And it's at this point where I hope Shi-jin's dad will have his back by being the awesome dad he's shown himself to be in his mere 2 minutes of screentime.

• Like 8

@bebebisous33  Agreed he most likely will, but I sure am hoping that somewhere in the future he realizes that his daughters happiness is what matters most. That as a parent it's the only thing that should matter.  Not rank, power or the prestige those things bring because the truth is next to real love they all look & are hollow.

1 hour ago, hclover96 said:

I don't know if this has been posted or not.  This thread is just going too fast for me to catch up :P

SHK's birthday last year (Nov. 22) was celebrated on the filming set.  A group of good friends came to hold a party for her.  As her good friend, Yoo Ah In also came to the set to help her celebrate her birthday.  As a birthday present to her, he filmed a guest appearance for the drama.  His guest appearance will be broadcasted in late March.  He will play a bank employee.

http://www.allthatstar.com/view.php?action=1791&postID=220831&rtn_sns=weibo

Beautiful fan arts

MOD EDIT: Please do NOT quote images.

THANKS FOR THE INFO !

I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR HIS CAMEO. IM ALL THE WAY FOR SONG-SONG COUPLE BUT Yoo Ah In and Hye Kyo looks kinda cute too

hehe

:grimace:

• Like 5

2 hours ago, mktb said:

That's what I'm thinking too, there were trailers that showed before this drama was aired when they are in a situation where their life is at stake, not sure what episode will it be shown. I mean, how many events do they need to understand each duties? The conflict will always be there as long as they are doing what they have and vowed to do. Not that I'm jumping into conclusions but there's only 4 scenarios I could think of:

A. Give up and let go

B. One will die

C. One must make a choice to meet what is needed, if giving up one's job then let it be.

D. Accept and embrace the "reality" for the sake of love.

I really hope it is D...(C is not bad too)  Along the way, we might see KMY will be exposed to danger, YSJ might think of letting KMY go... they might be separated again for a while.... but still, I have a strong instinct that in the end, they will end up together with YSJ will be no longer with alpha team, instead, become one of a high rank officer which demand him to work in the office rather working in the field, fighting and KMY will open her own clinic.

I couldn't imagine if the ending is A or B... If it is, it will haunt me like forever... 

• Like 13

If this ends in a tragedy I'm booking a ticket to Korea to find KES and sob at her front door. I will be so heartbroken if anyone dies. These characters have touched my heart so much and I feel so protective of them. :tears:

SJK SHK JG KJW please tell us if it's somewhat happy!! Say something please we are going crazy

• Like 21