[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

@IrisFM

I'm the same way! Last night before bed, I thought long about the 3 kisses that we've been shown so far and how each of them will happen. :sweatingbullets: Well the two other ones now. The wine kiss caught me off guard because I did not expect that to be the "kiss without permission". I thought the poster one would be that kiss but just like with this entire drama, Writernim surprised me. It makes me wonder why I even try to figure it out anymore when I've been wrong about everything. Hey, that says something right? This drama isn't typical so it's not predictable. But I'm so hopeful that there will be many more kisses because there's no way all the kisses have been shown in teasers. I hope we get as many (or more) kisses as It's okay, that's love. In there they also made love on the beach. Not a bad idea for Song Song couple either. :phew: Hey, Greece is known for its exquisite waters. Why let it go to waste?

• Like 22

heol....daebak...finally i am finished!!!!!! yeah i did my home work in soompi (OMG even soompi give me homework....hahahahahahaha) yeah the homewrok is back reading 37 pages....WOW... i dont believe that i didnt give up in the middle of read it, because it fun to read all your posts in this  thread...the pictures...the gifs...loved it all..hahahahaha, thats why i dont feel bored when back reading..

just finished it last night...and ofc i liked it....i loved it...i cant wait to see next episode, how many days already????2 or 3???yeay...the waiting time is almost over...Episode 3 and 4 not as fast as two episode last week. But this two episode give more roller coster feel when watch it, it slow but so many things happen in this slow pace. I cant take my eyes off from my laptop when watch it while when watch another drama i still can do multitasking, but i did nothing in this drama.The intense makes me nervous and my heart beat faster when watched it.oh come on, even i loved the war and fight scenes in this drama so i can see that hot and sexy soldiers YSJ and SDY....

i dont have problem with all main lead acting. I love SJK acting as YSJ, you know he has baby face but in this drama i cant see that baby face anymore, what i see is captain YSJ a manly army guy (he looks matured and his hot  body makes it better that i even forget he has baby face..hahahahahaha). SHG, ah why this unni never get old????i saw him first  time more than 10 years ago, but she still beautiful. Many ppl still complain about  her acting, but so far for me, i dont have problem hers( many actress worse than her okay...she still okay for me, getting better in this drama). Their chemistry....hmmmmmmmm makes my heart flutter, even beat faster, and almost exploded (or already exploded). I dont fall at first sight with this couple but i loved them as i watching their love story in this drama, more episode makes me love them more while the 2nd couple also already stole my heart since first sight, yes they are my first sight love...guwoon couple.

Spoiler

i am in awe with KSE chakanim, how can i always fall in love with all her heroes in her dramas. Actually YSJ isnt my hero type, but really cant help falling in love with him too even tough my ideal type is more like hyunbin character in secret garden. yeah i love hot-cold guys like him. hahahahahahaha.  in ep 3 and 4 it show how SJ role as a leader in military. and it show how military world works too, the command really important thing in military world. I saw many drama and movies about military itself and yeah you cant ignore that command no matter what happen. Though maybe that is bad command for them but they must do it. I love how YSJ also show his humanity like what he did in arab leader operation. He know the consequences when he didnt do the command but he did it what he think its right at that time, its not because of woman but doing operation is the best option to save the arab leader. I think at that moment he just a human that makes that decision not as army guys and can see from KMY point of  view about that condition. I loved how his subordinate still do his command despite their higher supervision already threaten them. YSJ ssi....you are really a great leader, aw i love you more,,

And about our heroine KMY. She is strong heroine as character, but not in action. I mean she really has high pride, strong principle, strong  personality but somehow in action she just look like a weak heroine. Okay maybe some ppl said she is s bit forshadowed by YSJ. But her character as doctor also  shinning as bright as soldier YSJ in my opinion. It just, in action YSJ has more power for now than KMY has. . I think KMY character still in growth process. I still think she will be stronger heroine in next episode.  If i adore YSJ as a leader, KMY still need a time to be good leader. In my opinion, in that situation when all your operation medic team scared, she need to motivate their team first before started the operation. Motivate them to not being scared and just did their roles as medical team, as doctor or nurse to save a critical patient and talk to her team for not being scared by that intense fight between arab body guard and korean army, also told  them not being scared by consequences later, lets hust did their the best as medical team for now and dont care about anything else.so we wont see their whinning in the middle of operation. (come on you are doctor, how come soldier can understand that situation more than doctors?) hahahahahahaha

i read comment about SHG being immature and childish characters, that comment also slightly walk in my mind too but i think KMY characters still on growing up process.. But that childish is a process to be mature. I think if she already learn about what she must know, she will be more mature heroine. In my brain, she is being childish is normal for woman that being stand up by a man  3 times already. Once okay i let it go....twice i cant understand why?....thrice??whattttt?????.... but come on she already know he is a soldier. He can leave anytime  if the command comes,even in the middle of the date. Why she must upset again and again if she already know the reason behind it? (okay YSJ always give absurd reasons to  answer MY question why he leaves her in the middle of the date, because what MY want is specific reason and SJ cant give that answer because he forbidden to talk about it..and they still debate over this again, i understand it fully) Yeah she still learning about that situation i think. She still cant understand the soldier values and how their job really different with medical job. She still in the process to understand him so its normal to being childish over  everything until she know more  about  YSJ as soldier (i mean she still didnt understand fully about what soldier did). I was a bit upset when she talk to YSJ supervision,when she still dont know how the army world works. And thats why YSJ angry to her, i understand him (if i were him, ill get angrier to her maybe) but i believe its all still a growing process, learning process to KMY character to understand YSJ more. YSJ already can see KMY pov in that operation scene but in future we will get KMY to see from YSJ pov. How difficult that military works and how dangerous is it. Please be strong our heroine!!!!

I loved how this drama show 2 different love line with their own problem and struggle. YSJ and KMY still need a long way to know each other, to understand each other, so they can walk in the same page. For now they are too different even the joke standard is different. What they need is time and talk more about themselves .Please dont just flirt (okay i love your flirting YSJ but lets talk seriously about yourself to MY so she know you more and better) and debate about their profession again and again. They need to be considerate to can start a relationship. Their dynamic isnt my favorite but it really like real life dynamic.

And for 2nd couple...we see many drama with this kind of plot. A father who interfered his daughter relationship, but it my first time see it in military background, i wonder how it will solved later. i loved the flasback scene to shhow how their love started in ep 3 and 4. Its beautifully well done and i cant stop grinning when see it. The car scene...omo i love SDY flat expression when answer the concept for today is virgin ghost...lol....abd YMJ just answer its angel with cute face...i love you both. SDY really loves YMJ i can see it in his face but really he still cant find the best solution for their relationship and it hurts me too. my favorite scene, that hug scene.. MJ grab DY wrist and DY is the one that pull for hug okay.,,,,i thought it MJ that did it before i watch the scene but DY is the one that did it...Gosh this man, really struggles a lot. i want to see their story more...i hope i can see sweet scene between then in present timeline. a bit surprised when DY asked SJ about MJ, wow this man........okay i am speechless. i just wonder what will happen in their story in future, i thought at one point MJ will give up in army but when see she want to put star in her shoulders,wow this girl also strong and have a strong goal too. i want to know her more really. i kinda imagine many scenario to make this two together, and one of them is MJ is pregnant, i cracked up imagine DY shocked but flat expression when MJ tell about it...hahahahahahahaha.. (plese dont use this plot...hahahahahaha,,its funny but i want the strong one)

its fascinating in this drama that one couple struggle and have problem because their profession really different to each other, the background of their job really like two side of coin that opposite between each other even before they start their relationship, while one couple already have same background and same profession, but the father and rank is stand up as big mountain in the middle of their relationship.and ofc the bromance, i love SDJ and YSJ bromance....i loved how they use formal language like soldier did when tease and make fun to each other. its awkward but funny at the same time.hahahahahaha. They really can read each other mind  without talk..wow... SJ is the president of MJ and DY shipper while DY is the president of SJ and MY couple..hahahahahaha..ya, both of you spent a lot money on woman, but of you just same...like twins..hahahahahaha

two more sleep again to episode 5....yeay...yeay

• Like 15

Can I confess that I'm actually worried Abt the kiss scenes ?

In my mind , kmy is a passionate fiesty kinda girl. . So i guess she won't be too innocent and chaste if she loves ysj.  But I'm worried Abt how shk will 'perform '.. she's always been a bit chaste in her approach to kissing scenes .. don't misunderstand me.. I love shk to bits.. ( she's the reason I watch k dramas) 

Unfortunately... the few times she's shown some passion in her kissing are the ones with her ex-bfs.. and with kdw ( possibly because they are familiar with each other ) 

I just hope she will surprise me and kiss ysj like kmy should... please ... 

• Like 14

7 hours ago, KymberleeD said:

Missing SJK after that last kiss on episode 4 that i finished The Innocent Guy in less than a week...! Crazy ei? 

Ha. ha.. and I was watching "Sungkyunkwan Scandal" ..... 

Glad to see the maturity of those actors now especially SJK.

• Like 7

@IrisFMLets talk about kiss on your pictures then:

1. I think this is taken by another camera, possibility of different take from the wine scene that we got on ep. 4, if let say me this is practice kiss or kiss made into poster hehehe you cant see both of YSJ and KMY faces which is bit odd, but again.... huuuh i think this will be shown in ep 5, afterall for 15 yo (series under 15 category instead of 18) so the image still photo will be favorable for those audience hehehe. In my memory of the wine scene taken from window angle, KMY have her chin up taken the kiss with close eyes and then open her eyes a bit with YSJ hand i think near her nape

2. Now this is almost the 1st picture which is for advertorial and you cant get nasty with promotional picture hehehe. The difference is that this is taken beautifully and SHG lips open a bit. I can see SJK have the more work on it but I dont think he would complain imo hehehe.

3. Now standing in some kind balcon? This one the dirtiest them all one that my heart content. Can we all see the body language? The tension? KMY hand in YSJ back? The closed eyes, the lips, the..... ok this writing should not be a paperback novel 

HUUUH ANOTHER 2 DAYS GAL 2 DAYS... THIS IS MIND TORTURE EVER

• Like 16

42 minutes ago, applegirl2 said:

In my mind , kmy is a passionate fiesty kinda girl. . So i guess she won't be too innocent and chaste if she loves ysj.  But I'm worried Abt how shk will 'perform '.. she's always been a bit chaste in her approach to kissing scenes .. don't misunderstand me.. I love shk to bits.. ( she's the reason I watch k dramas) 

Unfortunately... the few times she's shown some passion in her kissing are the ones with her ex-bfs.. and with kdw ( possibly because they are familiar with each other ) 

LOL I have to agree with her kissing with male actors. I feel like she is reserved. Gosh it was so real during World Within. That kiss video has more than 19 million views. To me that drama was SHK best in terms of acting. 

Shall we predict?! What would  KMY do after the kiss?

1. Drop the wine bottle and walk out 

2. Slap YSJ and argue 

3. Push him and run away from the storage room

4. Insert [ Others]

• Like 14

@rubylia I've read that interview of SJK's. I grinned as well. :) They're so close that even the staff started to question whether it was still a melodrama. Also what does Writer Kim mean by telling him to date properly? Seems like she's encouraging him to go with his heart and make a move. :phew:

@applegirl2 No worries, I feel the same way too. Though I'm a huge fan of SHK's, I'm not going to deny that when it comes to kissing scenes, she can't really draw a line between acting and reality. When she's uncomfortable with her partner, it's evident because she tenses up and the gesture is not reciprocated. I, too, hope she isn't that way with SJK! SJK is such a great kisser so it'd be such a waste. LOL. I want hot steamy kisses that will make us drool! Because they're both way too beautiful together, I crave brewing make out sessions. And like you said, she should kiss SJK like KMY would kiss YSJ. The sexual tension between these two are way strong so I want their kisses to showcase just that! 

@xukii

4. I think she's going to fumble for words, ignoring that the kiss ever happened and leave scarcely out of there. 

I think if she slaps him or cries, that'd be pretty off. The setting and mood was right for the kiss. If she ends up enraged about it, I'd say it's unreasonable because we can see that much that they're friends and on great terms for the most part. They're both attracted to each other, there's no denying that. Also if she cries about it, I'm sure YSJ would have addressed it sooner rather than put it off and only spoke of it when he asked her whether she wanted an apology or confession. 

• Like 21

Thanks @rubylia for the article.. I've always been very curious Abt sjk's view of shk.  I have not read much Abt his opinion of nuna shk elsewhere  :) anyone else has other interviews / articles where sjk talks Abt shk ?  I felt a little sad when I saw that they seemed to be a little distant at the press conference and there are absolutely no photos of them together privately.  Only drama  stills. . :(  I understand that shk is behaving like this cos of her previous relationships and all the flaming she got 

don't get me wrong. . I don't ship them together in real life but I like to think.that they actually get along like good friends cos I think.they seem like nice people .so i ship them as siblings? Lol ..  And somehow.. they can say standard nice things in interviews but I prefer seeing evidence that they are actually  friends..

What does he mean in the article? When the staff said  'This story must be a melo.  Aren't you growing too ? '  

@xukii yeah.. the WW bts kiss was really something wasnt it.. definitely dating or interested in each other then ..;)

@ilovesjk yes yes yes.. the sexual tension between them is amazing. . Now we can only hope it will show in their kisses too. Dont waste sjk's kissing prowess shk !! :D

• Like 13

36 minutes ago, applegirl2 said:

its kinda worried me too about how SHK will perform the kiss scene. So far its not many actress that can show the proper kissing scene in this kdrama world but we can see many many actors that can did it well and perfect. i dont remember any of SHK kiss because that didnt capture my heart, and isnt special in my standard.hahahahahahaha..so just forget it after watched it...

lets pray and hope she will surprise me and kiss YSH like her character should,,,not as SHK but as KMY...

16 minutes ago, ilovesjk said:

I, too, hope she isn't that way with SJK! SJK is such a great kisser so it'd be such a waste. LOL. I want hot steamy kisses that will make us drool! Because they're both way too beautiful together, I crave brewing make out sessions. And like you said, she should kiss SJK like KMY would kiss YSJ. The sexual tension between these two are way strong so I want their kisses to showcase just that! 

huwaaaa chinguuu...you really speaks my words.. i agree with everything you said..especially that purple highlight...(is it possible??will their first kiss be like that too???hahahahaha...i dont hope too much right??)okay i let it go if their first kiss still like awkward kiss..but their 2nd must be steamy passionate kiss...it will be a waste because SJK is really a good kisser and their chemistry, sexual tension between them already strong..dont waste it...hahahahahaha.

• Like 11

2 hours ago, xukii said:

LOL I have to agree with her kissing with male actors. I feel like she is reserved. Gosh it was so real during World Within. That kiss video has more than 19 million views. To me that drama was SHK best in terms of acting. 

Shall we predict?! What would  KMY do after the kiss?

1. Drop the wine bottle and walked out 

2. Slap YSJ and argue 

3. Push him and run away from the storage room

4. Insert [ Others]

Since it's just for fun, I'll take a guess and predict and see if I am anywhere near right on Wednesday episode :lol:

I think she will reciprocate his kiss since he is too good looking in that dress uniform that she even complimented him on. She will unknowingly let her heart takes over momentarily and feels the softness of his kiss and responds back sweetly until she realises that it's in not her character to do so and there goes the wine bottle crashing to the floor and startling them both. They just look at each other trying to get a hold of their fluttering hearts before they even have a chance to say anything, a solider entered the room to check up on YSJ....KMY left the scene afterward ....later on we see them have a confrontation scene re their first kiss....

lol is that a fair guess:lol:  

ps: my scarf guessing was only partially right kkkkkkkk

• Like 19

15 hours ago, ilovesjk said:

1) how did you started watching this drama?

- As any dedicated fan of SJK's, I waited for him through his military service and it was one of the best news of my life when he decided to take on a project as soon as he discharged. SJK being in the drama already was enough reason for me to watch. For many weeks/month(s), there were speculations of who the female lead would be and from the very beginning, I wanted Song Hye Kyo. I discussed this with my significant other and he told me the chances were slim concluding that SJK is too baby faced for SHK. I disagreed as I felt SJK was compatible with Park Shi Yeon of Nice Guy who I personally think look mature and was older than SJK. I kept my hopes high and everyday I checked the web for news regarding this matter and one afternoon I saw the first article that SHK was offered the role, not some fan speculations but an official news! You better believe I jumped for joy! And when she actually confirmed the role, well, the rest is history! Not going to lie that I felt this happened because I wanted it so bad, much like SJK's answer regarding their pairing too.

2) what scene that started make you hooked for this drama?

- Mine may be a bit bias but it was the first teaser where YSJ asked KMY to apologize or confess for the kiss he gave her without her permission. From the moment I saw these two on one screen, I was hooked!

3) what your most favourite line from the male lead from overall episode so far?

- "I was okay until now but I suddenly feel the urge to break out of here because of a certain someone."

(This line really shows just how much Kang Mo Yeon means to him. It pains him to see her hurt.)

4) what your most favourite line from the female lead from overall episode so far?

- "The next time I watch a movie with a guy, I shouldn't watch a fun movie. Because for many months after, that movie was all over the news and it kept me thinking of you. Because that day wasn't about the movie for me, it was about Yoo Si Jin."

(This line I felt was the first time she said aloud to him how much she really liked him and how hard she took their breakup.)

This! :heart: love it...love everything you said. Particularly the last part in parenthesis!

• Like 7

@mianabelle

Thats true. SHK was harshly bashed by the media after 2 failed relationships with her fellow costars. The girl was proven to only be human and fell for the opposite sex like any normal functioning human being would. Am I wrong? So I don't understand why knetz were so mad about it. Unfortunately since then she has made the extra effort to friend zone all of her costars else the media would talk. Though she did her absolute best at that with JIS, there were still rumors that she tried to seduce him. So we can understand why she has her guard way up. Since I know SHK to be a girl who wears her heart on her sleeves and a human being, I'm sure she has some feelings for SJK. At least attraction towards him as YSJ. :) 

And for SJK, he has said he would only date publicly if he was caught. In other words, he will try his best to date in secret. He also revealed that when he likes someone, he likes them a lot and is always the cold one who takes it the hardest after a breakup. The feelings that develops doesn't just go away. And since I know SJK as a human being too, I don't doubt his attraction toward SHK, in that matter. 

• Like 17

Hello guys, I've read all of your comments and can't hold my feel to give my opinion too about them.

@enzek

Q: How did you starting watching this drama?

I've known about this preproduced drama since SJK discharge from military. So, I've been waiting since then and continously update about the news of the drama (from when they started to shooting in both SK and Greece until the last teaser come out also with the heart breaking news about JK incident). And i'm still counting at least for Wed episode with the longer kiss scene. Puahh!!

Q: What scene that started make you hooked from this drama?

For the truth, all of the scene are make me hooked! But I will explain for each episode. Starting from episode 1, scene that make me hooked is when Alpha team tried to save another soldier from being kidnapped by NK troops. I dunno why but it's my first time since 2010 I've watched drama continously, this scene is probably the best opening scene! Such a heart attack feeling that make me feeling guts. From episode 2, is the scene when SJ pick up MY 2 hours earlier for the date. It feels like the situation, dialog, even the wardrobe are so lovely to see! And for episode 3, of course the scene when MY saved the president of Arabian win my heart! So breath taking and make my heart stop for a while (okay this is too over). And last for episode 4 of course the long waited wine scene!

Q: What ur most favourite line from the male lead from overall episode so far?

Because I'm a college girl, so this line is indeed my perception at least when the homework from the lectures make me so frustated. Although this is not from YSJ dialog, but it says much bcs its his motto after all

"Go easy, and all will be well, avoid hardwork" - YSJ

And also "bumping into each other as we pass by" also really realist.

Q: What ur most favourite line from the female lead from overall episode so far?

And for MY, this line "Life is sanctified, there is no ideology or value above it" -thats so philoshopical, indeed.

@alleverything

From the scene when SJ and MY going together to find internet cafe, I think SJ did that because he didnt want to leave MY alone, and he is so afraid that something will happen to MY so at least when she is in the Daniel's store with the girl who have the gun, she will save for one hour. Just my point of view, dunno if its false.

@hrh77 And for the SHK aunt case, come on guys the example of the big age gap of kim soo hyun and jun ji hyun in my love from the star they can make it with great ratings and get many awards. So, with Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo only 4-5 years gap, they will make it!! No, they definitely make it Now!!

Also, 2 sleep more for episode 5!! Excited all over where we are!!:wub:

• Like 10

14 hours ago, missling1 said:

I read it or saw a clip somewhere earlier but can't remember where :sweatingbullets: apparently it's reported that after airing for 2 episodes only, the feedback this drama is getting from viewers etc are so overwhelming that by the end of 3rd episode, it has surpassed MLFTS in viewership ratings.  Hence, the articles that @utkim posted are probably talking about that and how well this drama is receiving the attention and attracting million viewers.  Please correct me if this isn't the case.  Thanks :)

@dienummereins: IKR, if some sexy guy whispers to me and with that sexy gaze too, i'd definitely shivers and feels the chill down the spine from excitement.  With that scene where YSJ flips the phone off KMY's hand, it would be nice to see the BTS clip, would like to see how it's done... if it was shot successfully in one go :lol: and yes the part conversation re: sergeant- sheriff, YSJ was holding himself not to laugh out loud, can't believe he's so playful... looking at his facial expression, i actually thought he acted this scene quite naturally and played this scene repeatedly haha.  Come to think of it, was it in episode 4 that KMY got it right and said it's sergeant or was I imagining it? :D I can't seem to find it :(

@ladyme: Hahahah yes, it's a mosquito coil.  How can he make it looks romantic? Me dunno either... maybe cos it's SJK? lol

Like i said earlier, their playfulness is such a breath of fresh air to watch...I also love the fake land mine incident specially when SJK bit his knuckles I think 2x just to show how serious the situation is...but we all know its not....it's such a give away specially when SHK's facial expression is on cue with the comic musical background...I love that treatment. It never seizes to make me laugh each time I replay that part.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, ilovesjk said:

@IrisFM

I'm the same way! Last night before bed, I thought long about the 3 kisses that we've been shown so far and how each of them will happen. :sweatingbullets: Well the two other ones now. The wine kiss caught me off guard because I did not expect that to be the "kiss without permission". I thought the poster one would be that kiss but just like with this entire drama, Writernim surprised me. It makes me wonder why I even try to figure it out anymore when I've been wrong about everything. Hey, that says something right? This drama isn't typical so it's not predictable. But I'm so hopeful that there will be many more kisses because there's no way all the kisses have been shown in teasers. I hope we get as many (or more) kisses as It's okay, that's love. In there they also made love on the beach. Not a bad idea for Song Song couple either. :phew: Hey, Greece is known for its exquisite waters. Why let it go to waste?

I have given up in guessing the story ever since the scarf scene. This writer is too smart for me, I bet she knew the audience will be guessing SJ is not ignoring her but walking pass her just to pick up the scarf and give it back to her. At the end he really is ignoring her but also picking up her scarf :D I also thought the kiss on the poster will be their first kiss and now I've been proven wrong again. 

As for some negative comments, cheer up guys, I'm sure there will be people who don't like the drama or the actors in it (which I can't understand why, btw, LOL). The well acceptance by majority of the audience is enough for me. The cast and crew hard works has been paid of by the overwhelming responses. I hope the story will stay this good or even better, I'm sure this will be one of the best in Kdrama history :D 

• Like 15