Im Si Wan 임시완

sky5joyous

*** Many dramas that are on air or are due to start soon have in common and that they are based on webtoons or novels. One of them is "Hell is Other People". It has become more common nowadays. Popular webtoons and web novels attract drama producers because their stories have already been verified by the public and viewers have a high level of understanding of their works, which are guaranteed to be successful. However, there is also a risk factor in adapting webtoons and novels into dramas. Fans have high expectations due to the original. Despite, there will be more drama productions based on web novels and webtoons in the future. :P

*** This drama really looks so creepy! :o

Watch: Im Siwan Arrives At Dorm With A Sinister Secret In Eerie Teaser For “Hell Is Other People”

61efd180d9e047f087bea2d0dbea9598.jpeg?s=

OCN has unveiled an intriguing new teaser for its upcoming drama “Hell Is Other People”!

“Hell Is Other People” is a new mystery thriller starring Im Siwan as Yoon Jong Woo, an aspiring novelist who moves to Seoul after receiving an internship offer. Due to his limited resources, Yoon Jong Woo ends up staying at the worn-down but seemingly ordinary Eden Dormitory, which can only be reached by climbing a steep hill.

However, after learning that the outwardly unremarkable dormitory hides a secret—its highly unusual residents—Yoon Jong Woo finds himself in an unexpected hell created by his neighbors.

On July 25, OCN released a new teaser that features Yoon Jong Woo arriving at his new home. The video switches to the character’s point of view as a seemingly friendly landlady greets him by saying, “Student! You’ve arrived!” and proffering him a key. The clip then introduces viewers to several of Eden Dormitory’s residents through brief glimpses from his perspective, before showing Yoon Jong Woo entering his new room with a look of trepidation.

After the door closes behind him, Yoon Jong Woo’s neighbors and landlady peek out from behind their respective doors, as the caption eerily reads, “We invite you to the dormitory from hell.”

“Hell Is Other People” will premiere on August 31 at 10:30 p.m. KST.

In the meantime, check out the new teaser below!

*** Plum Entertainment announced that Im Si Wan will hold his first fan meeting after four years. As far as I remember he had one in 2015. The fan meeting is set on September 7 at White Hall Arts Center. His Fan Meeting is entitled – Close To You - Tickets to the fan meet will open on August 1 via Hana tickets. :P

10 hours ago, sky5joyous said:

Hi sky5joyous, thanks for sharing this.  I’m counting down the days on my calendar of the premiere of this upcoming drama. Watching the teaser of the drama is creepy. I'm having goosebumps. It also has that enhanced sound quality to horror films. It looks like ISW will have HELL entering this place. Yikes! I'm curious if he can find a good friend here in Lee Dong-wook or it's the other way around........  Is LDW scary, too?  I just really wanna know more about the story since I haven't read the webtoon. Can't wait on August 31. :P

• Like 1

21 hours ago, sky5joyous said:

Hi sky5joyous, thanks for sharing this. This is a strange poster - with the accompanying text that reads, “This place was hell. A horrific hell that was made by others.” This drama looks so interesting! Can’t wait to watch this! :P

***  Can’t wait for this upcoming drama. :P

“Hell Is Other People” Releases Photos Of Im Siwan’s Dreadful Dorm + Art Director Explains His Vision

8c87371f43004004942477d5d9438a90.jpeg?s=

Viewers got a closer look at the creepy dorm of “Hell Is Other People.”

The upcoming OCN mystery thriller is about an aspiring novelist named Yoon Jong Woo (played by Im Siwan) who moves to Seoul for an internship and finds himself in an unexpected hell created by unusual residents in his dorm building.

In the stills, Yoon Jong Woo looks up at Eden Dormitory, which is located on the third floor of a decrepit building. This is the only place he could afford, and the low price seems to directly reflect the looks of his new humble abode.

After pushing past the worn-out doorplate that reads “Eden Dormitory,” a dark hallway awaits. Closed doors line both sides of the long, narrow hallway and automatically heighten fears of any noises one may hear.

The kitchen is a common space for all of the dormitory residents, and its age is visible through the yellowed wallpaper and antiquated appliances. Each resident’s room is so narrow that you can only lay down after putting your feet under the desk. Just seeing these photos gives viewers a hint of Jong Woo’s challenging life in Seoul and the difficulties of living in a strange place with strange people.

Eden Dormitory is a set that was specifically created after carefully choosing each and every prop. Art director Park Jae Hyun, who previously brought a dark future to life in “Illang: The Wolf Brigade,” led the creation of this set.

He explained, “My goal for this project was to create a dormitory that felt humid and bleak just by looking at it, with a dark, long, cave-like hallway and rooms with tiny windows replicating a prison. I wanted to express the stress of being in a strange place and the vague fear of unknown strangers as a space of Eden Dormitory. At the same time, I had to maintain the possibility of this kind of place existing in real life.”

Im-Si-Wan_2.jpg

“Hell Is Other People” premieres on August 31 at 10:30 p.m. KST as the follow-up to “Watcher.” Check out the latest teaser here.

Source (1) / soompi news

Watch: Lee Dong Wook Gives Im Siwan Quite The Fright In “Hell Is Other People” Teaser

2bcdc660f14347518d2a8d8fd14d174e.jpeg?s=

OCN’s upcoming drama “Hell is Other People” has shared a new teaser of Lee Dong Wook as he meets Im Siwan for the first time.

“Hell Is Other People” will be a mystery thriller that follows an aspiring novelist who moves to Seoul to pursue his dreams and experiences an unexpected hell because of the unusual residents of his dorm building.

The new teaser introduces dentist Seo Moon Jo, played by Lee Dong Wook. He is first shown seeing to a patient, his slightly wavy hair and glasses giving him an intellectual aura and reflecting the many good words people share about him being a kind and competent dentist. He picks up his phone and says, “I’ll go straight after work today.”

Home isn’t what one would expect from a dentist, as he enters the worn-down building of Eden Dormitory. He arrives at the communal kitchen and sees newcomer Yoon Jong Woo (played by Im Siwan) sitting at the table. When Yoon Jong Woo turns around, startled by the dentist’s appearance, Seo Moon Jo says, “You’re the new person, right?” and Yoon Jong Woo replies, “Yes, please look upon me favorably.” Seo Moon Jo has a slightly unsettling smile on his face as he replies, “No, that’s what I should be saying to you.”

Lee Dong Wook’s character is expecting to bring more intrigue to the drama. He was reimagined from the original webtoon series and details about him are scarce other than that he is a mysterious character who you can’t tell is good or bad.

“Hell is Other People” will be the follow-up drama to “watcher” and will premiere on August 31 at 10:30 p.m. KST.

Source (1) / soompi news

sinister encounters

201908021103776176_5d439eb8d312c23661688

I’m equally freaked out and intrigued by the latest teaser for OCN’s Strangers From Hell or Hell Is Other People. The drama seems to be infused with black humour and the contrast between Im Shi Wan and Lee Dong Wook is fascinating. I think I might just check this out if I don’t chicken out halfway…

source : https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2019/08/02/sinister-encounters/

August 3, 2019
cuppa.gif Im Siwan Shows Love For Fellow ZE:A Member Kim Dong Jun On Set Of “Chief Of Staff”

Source: Soompi by J. Lim

Im Siwan Shows Love For Fellow ZE:A Member Kim Dong Jun On Set Of âChief Of Staffâ

Im Siwan showed his support for his fellow ZE:A member Kim Dong Jun recently!

Kim Dong Jun’s agency Major 9 shared photos on their official social media account with the caption, “Experienced intern Jang Geu Rae from ‘Incomplete Life (Misaeng)’ has sent his witty and loyal support to dedicated intern Han Do Kyung from ‘Chief of Staff’! ‘The life of an intern is hard for everyone~ From experienced intern Jang Geu Rae.’ Sunny and dedicated intern who is willing to run wherever he is needed. How much will Do Kyung have changed by the next time you see him? One big step! Please anticipate season two of ‘Chief of Staff’ to see Han Do Kyung’s growth!”

The photos show Kim Dong Jun posing in front of a snack truck with a bright smile on his face. The banners on the truck read, “The life of an intern is hard for everyone~ From experienced intern Jang Geu Rae” and “Our Do Kyung has a very sunny personality, but he’s also good at his job! From Im Siwan.”

Both Kim Dong Jun and Im Siwan have been branching out into the acting world. Kim Dong Jun wrapped up his appearance in the JTBC drama “Chief of Staff” in July, and he is set to reprise the role when the second season premieres in November. Im Siwan is currently gearing up for his new drama, OCN’s “Hell is Other People,” which will premiere on August 31.

Source (1)