Hell Is Other People 9 OCN 2.4%
Melting Me Softly 3 tvN 3.2%
Sunday, Oct. 6      
Beautiful Love, Wonderful Life 7 KBS 21.7%
Beautiful Love, Wonderful Life 8 KBS 25.7%
Hell Is Other People 10 OCN 3.9%
Melting Me Softly 4 tvN 3.2%

(skipped unrelated.....)

LINK here : http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/10/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-sep-30-oct-6-2019/

October 9, 2019

Im Si-wan Wary of Being Typecast in 'Bromance' Roles

2019100900395_0.jpg

Singer-turned-actor Im Si-wan is hungry for work after returning to showbiz since completing his 21-month military service in March.

"I was tremendously hungry to act while I was in the army. I want to work nonstop for at least two years," said the actor.

Im, whose recent TV series "Hell Is Other People" on cable channel OCN ended on Sunday, said he still has "a lot of energy left."

In the series he played an aspiring writer who himself gradually turns evil by living among a group of evil neighbors in a crammed residence. "I had so much fun shooting it, so it's such a shame it just consisted of just 10 episodes," as opposed to 16 episodes or more for most TV series, he said.

Im debuted as a member of boy group ZE:A in 2010 and made a successful transition to acting in 2012 with MBC's hit TV series "Moon Embracing the Sun." He has since starred in TV series and films, winning praise for his performances.

Im says he is busy running these days. He is currently shooting a new film about Koreans who competed at the 1947 Boston Marathon, the first international marathon held after World War II.

"So far, I'm not sure if I'm acting or just running," said the 30-year-old actor. "I was pretty confident [in my fitness] because I just got out of the army... but I should probably work out more."

He seems to have given some thought to his acting career while in the army. He says his "biggest fear" is being typecast in "bromance" movies, following his two previous films "The Merciless" and "One Line," in which he had amazing chemistry with veteran actors Sol Kyung-gu and Jin Goo. In "Hell Is Other People," he partnered with actor Lee Dong-wook.

"Somehow I ended up doing those types of stories, but personally I have zero interest in bromance," said Im. "I want to try acting in a really solid melodrama."

credit : Chosun Ilbo

10 Most Talked About Actors & Dramas On October 2019

Good Data Corporation releases weekly rankings of the most talked about dramas and actors/actresses of the airing dramas. The data are collected from the netizen’s reactions to online news, community, social media and videos.

1st Week of October (Release on Oct. 7)

-Dramas-

1- “When the Camellia Blooms

2- “Hell is Other People

3- “Tale of NokDu

4- “Flower Crew: Joseon Marriage Agency

5- “Vagabond

6- “My Country

7- “Extraordinary You

8- “Melting Me Softly

9– “Pegasus Market”

10- “Graceful Family

most talked actors, most talked dramas, most talked korean dramas

-Actors-

1- Park JiHoon – “Flower Crew: Joseon Marriage Agency

2- Gong HyoJin – “When the Camellia Blooms

3- Jang DongYoon – “Tale of NokDu

4- Yang SeJong – “My Country

5- Kim SoHyunTale of NokDu

6- Suzy – “Vagabond

7- Lee SeungGi – “Vagabond

8- Im SiWan – “Hell is Other People

9- AOA‘s SeolHyun – “My Country

10- Woo DoHwan – “My Country

source : https://www.kpopmap.com/10-most-talked-about-actors-dramas-on-october-2019/

Update 2nd Week l 10 Most Talked About Actors & Dramas On October 2019

Good Data Corporation releases weekly rankings of the most talked about dramas and actors/actresses of the airing dramas. The data are collected from the netizen’s reactions to online news, community, social media and videos.

-Dramas-

2- “Hell is Other People

3- “Tale of NokDu

5- “Vagabond

6- “My Country

7- “Extraordinary You

8- “Melting Me Softly

9– “Pegasus Market”

10- “Graceful Family

Good Data Corporation

-Actors-

6- Suzy – “Vagabond

Good Data Corporation

source : https://www.kpopmap.com/10-most-talked-about-actors-dramas-on-october-2019/

Update 3rd Week l 10 Most Talked About Actors & Dramas On October 2019

-Dramas-

2- “Hell is Other People

3- “Tale of NokDu

5- “Vagabond

6- “My Country

7- “Extraordinary You

8- “Melting Me Softly

9– “Pegasus Market”

10- “Graceful Family

Good Data Corporation

-Actors-

6- Suzy – “Vagabond

Good Data Corporation

(skipped unrelated.....)

Spoiler

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The 10 Best Dramas of the 2010s According to the Munhwa Ilbo

photo1130230.jpg

The Republic of Korea is the 'republic of dramas'. There are 20 or more dramas airing every week and they can be seen on TV anytime.

Some smile and some cry because of them. The 2010s are not an exception. Numerous dramas flickered and numerous more stars were born. The pop culture team of the Munhwa Ilbo selected the 10 best dramas that heated up the 2010-2019 period in terms of ratings, headlines and expert recommendations.

photo1130222.jpg

- "Incomplete Life" (tvN 2014): My office life as a drama

This drama broke the tradition of dramas. Until then, most dramas had been engaging in revenge, infidelity, and comedy with the appearance of chaebols, doctors and other professions. However, "Incomplete Life" starred an ordinary office worker as the leading character and focused mainly on the daily lives of normal people. In the past, such a 'boring' drama would have been difficult to see overcome the broadcasting threshold. However, as the original webtoon gained great sympathy among office workers and revealed its specialty in everyday mediocrity, it gained 'sensation-like' popularity among viewers.

Viewers discovered someone in the way new recruit Jang Geu-rae (Im Si-wan) showed frustration at work, but somehow found a way to get back up on his feet again; they discovered themselves. Going in and out of the office, the meeting room and even the rooftop for a break with their passes hanging around their necks was all too familiar. It was this connection that got through to the viewers, as well as director Kim Won-seok's delicate directing.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : Hancinema