Im Si Wan 임시완

sky5joyous

WHICH DRAMA DO YOU THINK WILL DO THE BEST?

Spoiler

Those are this year dramas' lineup leads:
- Song Joongki, Kim Jiwon
- Park Boyoung, An Hyoseob
- Shin Sekyung, Cha Eunwoo
- Ha Jimin, Jung Haejin
- IU, Yeo Jingoo
- Lee Seunggi, Suzy
- Lee Jungjae, Shin Minah
- Im Soojung, Jang Kiyoung
- Kim Jaewook, Park Minyoung
- Jung Yumi, Nam Joohyuk
- Joo Jihoon, Bae Doona
- Ong Seongwu, Kim Hyanggi
- Kim Youngkwang, Jin Kijoo
- Jang Kiyoung, Nana
- Choi Siwon, Kim Minjung
- Im Siwan
- Kam Woosung, Ki Haneul
- Park Haejin, Jo Boa

|2019.03.21 11:07 
[+146  - 3 ]Although Im Siwan is alone, he's enough..
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, sky5joyous said:

Reveal hidden contents

Hi sky5joyous, thanks for sharing the videos. I'm happy that Siwan is officially back from the military! He looks the same - he looks very fine! I can see that his discharge is open to the public with some Medias there.  He met with fans and take photos with them, and also the press. I look forward to his upcoming drama. “Strangers From Hell” is slated to air sometime in the second half of this year. :P

Singer, actor Im Si-wan to return on screen after military discharge

optimize

By Jung Hae-myoung

Im Si-wan, a member of boy band ZE:A, was discharged from mandatory military service, Wednesday.

When Im stepped out of the Army base in Yangju, Gyeonggi Province, more than 100 fans from Korea, Japan and China were there to greet him, showing continuing support.

"I still don't feel that I have been discharged from the military. It will come to me when I can sleep late in my bed without any roll call," Im said. "My colleagues and military officers have given me so much help while I was staying in the military. I am also grateful for my fans who have been waiting for me for years."

Im started his military duty in 2017 at a recruit training center based in Yangju, Gyeonggi Province where he received basic military training for five weeks. After this, he served at the center as an assistant instructor.

After two months of training, he received top scores for his skills and was awarded "special warrior" status ― a Korean military title reserved for high achievers.

Im's discharge ceremony was held behind closed doors, but he held a separate event for his fans at the Gamaksan Hall in Yangju. "We reserved a private space to not disturb other soldiers and their families," Plum Actors, Im's management agency, said.

Im is already on a tight schedule with his return to the entertainment industry ― he is soon to star in the television drama series "Hell Is Other People."

"Hell Is Other People" is a thriller based on a web cartoon by Kim Yong-key and revolves around suspicious people living in a "gosiwon," a low-cost residence with very small, basic rooms. Im will play Yoon Jong-woo, a job seeker who recently moved to Seoul.

"When the cartoon came out, my friends said I was perfect for the role. I was amazed when I actually got it," Im commented.

Im debuted as a singer for ZE:A in 2010, but grabbed attention from audiences and directors for his outstanding performances in multiple films and dramas since 2012. He is best known for his portrayal of Jang Geu-rae, an everyman office worker in the 2014 tvN drama "Misaeng: Incomplete Life," which drew empathy from young job seekers.

credit : Korea Times

• Like 1

*** Siwan started an Instagram account now that he's out from the military just this morning of March 27. His agency PLUM Actors shared a video of him creating an Instagram account and uploading his first post with a caption - "I made an Instagram account" - . Here's his IG account : https://www.instagram.com/yim_siwang/

NICE to see him again! So COOL that he’s ready to communicate with fans through this newly-opened IG. I can see from the discharge pictures that he's very happy.  He's in celebration! I heard that there were 100+ fans who came to see him return to the public. Welcome back Siwan!  :P

• Like 1

WELCOME BACK! salute.gif

March 27, 2019

Actor Im Si-wan discharged from military, set for new TV series

Actor discharged after military duty

SEOUL/YANGJU, South Korea, March 27 (Yonhap) -- Actor Im Si-wan was discharged from the Army on Wednesday as the 30-year-old completed his mandatory military service, setting him up for his return to show business.

Im made his first official public appearance in 21 months in a discharge ceremony held at a boot camp in Yangju, Gyeonggi Province. He has been serving in the Army special forces since joining the Army in July 2017.

With a big smile, he gave his final military salute to fans and journalists who gathered together at the scene to welcome him back.

"I still can't believe (I was discharged). Maybe I will after getting up late in my own bed without the morning bugle tomorrow morning," Im told reporters and fans.

About 100 fans from as far as Japan and China, as well as South Korea, came out to the military camp to celebrate his discharge.

"I thank (my fans) for waiting for me. I also had chances to talk to (senior actor) Seol Kyung-gu a lot and get help while on leave during my military service. With so many things to be thankful of, I will work harder," he said.

Im started his entertainment career in 2010, debuting as a member of idol band ZE:A before venturing into acting, appearing in a number of TV drama series and movies, including "The Attorney" and "Misaeng."

His first project after the military discharge is "Strangers from Hell," a webtoon-based thriller by cable channel OCN.

He has been cast in the lead role as a young man who moves to Seoul to find a job but finds himself in the company of very strange neighbors. The series will hit the small screen in the second half of the year.

Actor Im Si-wan salutes his fans at a military boot camp in Yangju, Gyeonggi Province, on March 27, 2019, as he was discharged from the Army after completing his mandatory military service. (Yonhap)

Actor Im Si-wan salutes his fans at a military boot camp in Yangju, Gyeonggi Province, on March 27, 2019, as he was discharged from the Army after completing his mandatory military service. (Yonhap)

pbr@yna.co.kr

• Like 1

March 28, 2019

Im Si-wan finishes military service

Source: INSIDE Korea JoongAng Daily

27195338.jpg

Singer-turned-actor Im Si-wan was discharged from his 21-month mandatory military duties on Wednesday morning, and he is eager to return to the small screen.

The 30-year-old actor greeted his fans and the press in front of the Army’s 25th division training center in Yangju, Gyeonggi. According to Yonhap News, around 100 fans from around the world were on hand waiting for him.

“I still cannot believe [that I’m discharged],” Im said. “I will only believe it after I wake up late tomorrow without having to hear an alarm.”

He added, “My friends, fellow soldiers and my officer were all a great support during my enlistment. I’m also thankful to my fans who waited for me. I’ve also met a lot with my senior colleague, Seol Kyung-gu, while I was out for break, and I received a lot of good comments and help.”

When asked about his most memorable experience while in the military, Im said that it was when he made bungeo-ppang (fish-shaped bread stuffed with red bean) and shared it with his fellow soldiers. 

Im, who debuted as a member of the boy band ZE:A in 2010, became famous for his acting roles in such hit TV shows as MBC’s “Triangle” (2014) and tvN’s “Misaeng” (2014). 

Im is set to return to the small screen in OCN’s upcoming thriller “Strangers from Hell” (translated) which is an adaptation of a web comic series that goes by the same title. 

The series tells the story of Jong-u (Im), who meets strange people and faces mysterious circumstances after he moves into a small dormitory to concentrate on his studies.

By Yeo Ye-rim

March 28, 2019

Im Si-wan to Make Return with TV Series as He Completes Military Service

Singer-turned-actor Im Si-wan was discharged from the military after completing his 21 months of mandatory military service on Wednesday.

Im, who has already been cast in a TV series on a cable channel, is set to prepare for the filming of the series, which will be aired in the second half of this year.

2019032800853_0.jpg

The series is about a young man who moves to Seoul from the countryside in search of a job, but finds strange things happening involving his neighbors.

credit : The Chosun Ilbo

*** Time sure flies that it seems Siwan just entered the military yesterday - Now, he's finally discharged! "The King Loves", which was his last drama prior his MS is in its 2nd year now.  I'm happy that after his discharged he has already received offers and he's going to work right away & do his comeback drama soon. We could get to see him back at work soon. :P

Im Si Wan Officially Discharged From Military, Requests Fans To Support His Upcoming Drama

im-siwan.jpg?resize=658,400&ssl=1

ZE:A member and actor Im Si Wan has been officially discharged from his active military service on March 27, 2019.

Im Si Wan was greeted by  fans and reporters as soon as he exited. The actor was ecstatic as he saw the number of fans who greeted him and handed him bouquets of flowers.

Im Si Wan | My Daily

My Daily

“I cannot believe it’s real yet. I can’t wait to go home today and sleep in my own bed. When I  wake up tomorrow morning and not hear the sound of the morning horn, that’s the only time I’ll believe I’m finally home. ” he said.

The actor thanked his fans for waiting for him. He appreciates them and promises to live better because of them. Additionally, he also expressed gratitude to his colleagues.

In particular, he mentioned senior actor Sung Kyung Gu. The latter often stayed in touch with him and met him many times during his breaks from the military.

Im Si Wan | My Daily

My Daily

Prior to his enlistment, Im Si Wan completed the drama The King In Love.  The actor grew close to the cast and the production crew of the drama as they also visited him during his enlistment, to which he thanked them for their thoughtfulness.

Im Si Wan | My Daily

My Daily

Additionally, the actor also officially announced his own Instagram account. His newest OCN drama Strangers From Hell is slated for release in the second half of 2019.

source : Hellokpop

Im Shi-wan heads back to work following discharge from army

ISW1.jpg

Im Shi-wan (The King Loves) is officially out of the army and back in the civilian world as of today (March 27). He seems to be adjusting to civilian life very quickly as he’s already made his own Instagram.

Im Shi-wan’s jumping headfirst into work as he has already confirmed his comeback project will be the OCN psychological thriller, Hell Is Other People. He will be playing the protagonist, a small-town guy who relocates to Seoul to find work. He moves into a gositel but finds his fellow occupants unsettling.

ISW2.jpg

The drama follows Trap as the second installation in OCN’s new “Dramatic Cinema” project so we can expect a shorter than usual episode count. Hell Is Other People is being adapted from a webtoon that was a big hit in Korea. The webtoon was known for its skillful (and scary) telling of the conflicts that can arise between people.

Lee Jung-eun (The Light in Your Eyes) is being courted to join Im Shi-wan and the role she’s considering is that of the gositel’s resident caretaker and owner.

Rookie PD Lee Chang-hee is attached to direct, and there is no writer attached as yet. The drama is scheduled to air in the later half of this year on OCN.

(skipped unrelated.....)

LINK here : http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/03/im-shi-wan-heads-back-to-work-following-discharge-from-army/

April 1, 2019

Im Siwan In Talks To Join Ha Jung Woo In Upcoming Film About Boston Marathon

Source: Soompi by D. S.kim

Im Siwan In Talks To Join Ha Jung Woo In Upcoming Film About Boston Marathon

Im Siwan is looking to make his return to the silver screen!

On April 1, news outlet Sports Chosun relayed words from several sources in the film industry that Im Siwan was confirmed for upcoming film “Boston 1947” (tentative title).

“Boston 1947” will tell the story of South Korean athletes who participated in the 1947 Boston Marathon, which was the first international sporting event following the end of World War II. Ha Jung Woo and Bae Sung Woo have confirmed their appearances, and Kang Jae Kyu of the 2015 film “Salut d’Amour” will direct the film.

In response, a source from Im Siwan’s agency Plum Actors clarified, “It is true that [Im Siwan] received an offer to star in ‘Boston 1947,’ but nothing has been confirmed. The offer is being positively reviewed.”

Im Siwan was discharged from the military on March 27 and will be making his comeback through OCN’s upcoming drama “Strangers From Hell.”

Source (1) (2)

Top Photo Credit: Xportsnews

Siwan, please promptly accept so that our eyes can be blessed with this combination of charisma and talent! :o

Really proud of him for receiving this offer. It seems from other sources he’ll likely play Suh Yun Bok, the first Asian winner of the Boston marathon and a world record holder at the time. The film sounds like a prestige project and really, HA JUNG WOO is all that needs to be said.

Going to rewatch that scene in Misaeng where Siwan runs up the hill! 

Spoiler