[Drama 2015] Warm and Cozy 맨도롱 또똣

kaiskloset

JJ's line was something alright. The line pretty much said, my heart wont beat for you anymore :(  I wonder where JJ got her story though because Ahjussi had a different one when he was talking to GW.

GW was right in saying it is a farewell party.  

maybe JJ just being honest and told how she felt if GW left. she maybe just made up the story I guess

I agree with you. I think she only made up that story in order to grapple with her feelings of abandonment in symbolic terms. She was able to EXPRESS her feelings without EXPOSING herself to rejection.  It's kinda similar to Episode 7 when she pretended to confess that she liked him in order to cure him of his indigestion.  

Also, this ties in with Episode 13, that scene with the icebag, when GW asked her to leave with him, and she complained that he was confusing her with his jokes. Remember? He explained to her that jokes were his way of protecting himself lest she rejected him for real.  Well, in JJ's case, she protected herself with fairy tales ... or urban island legends. 

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oppa looked handsome while talking to Hyung before he left :wub:

This one right @agdr03? He is an eye candy here.

i second that.. i thought yys looked really boyish in that shirt and that hair style.. yet gw's character really matured in that scene... 

WarmandCozyEpisode14Part%203_825758_zpsg

lol. He was only missing a halo and a pair of wings. He could look like an angel then. 

Then, contrast it with this face --

tumblr_nvunx4Q2me1to9y0zo3_500.gifcredit: http://fyeahyooyeonseok.tumblr.com/

Cool, huh? :)

i second that.. i thought yys looked really boyish in that shirt and that hair style.. yet gw's character really matured in that scene... 

WarmandCozyEpisode14Part%203_825758_zpsg

lol. He was only missing a halo and a pair of wings. He could look like an angel then. 

Hidden Content

hahaha... your comment about halo and wings are really funny @packmule3.. really like your comparison between the 2 pics... indeed what a contrast.. subtle and strong expression for respective roles from our great actor...

BTW, another sad romcom line on my list is one from Reply 1997. It was when Seo In Guk's character said,

When a  man reveals to the a woman whom he loves one-sidedly like a pathetic fool... if he confessed everything, it means he doesn’t want to see her ever again.

Well, in this romcom, our GW didn't confess everything -- EVERYTHING, right? He didn't say that he loved her. So I guess that could mean that he was still holding onto her even when he said that he was letting her go.

That whole taxi scene was so convoluted. He told her: he wanted to let her go (because he was a good man) BUT he couldn't let her go because he was still a bad man; he wanted her to remember him EVEN if there were no guarantees of them ever getting back together again (how hateful is that?!!).  

But in confessing as much, he WAS in fact being a good man because he was telling her exactly what he thought would make the break complete for her.  He was going to hurt her so she would think badly of him and forget him. lol. 

It was nicely done though...that self-sacrificing idiot trope. It was totally believable. 

That's a quite a statement, thank you for sharing it here.

Btw I didn't watch any of the "Reply" drama.

I watched bits and pieces of the very first one: Reply 1997.

I welcomed the role reversal. Usually, it's the high school girl who has an unrequited love for the "perfect" boy in her class. (Ugh, I so dislike the stupid heroine in Mischievous Kiss/Playful Kiss. I could smack the writers with a pillow -- you know, one of those heavy Memory Foam pillows lol -- for writing a lovesick character like that.) In Reply 1997, however, it's the opposite. The "perfect" boy had a big-time crush on this totally oblivious, sassy, boy-band-crazy girl in his class.

The drama was well-written, too. 

Hidden Content

hahaha... your comment about halo and wings are really funny @packmule3.. really like your comparison between the 2 pics... indeed what a contrast.. subtle and strong expression for respective roles from our great actor...

That's why I want to ask our @vvan23 WHICH "oppa" did she pick up from @agdr03's house?  The angelic oppa? Or the devilish oppa aka Bad Boy? 

If I were her, I'd go for the Bad Boy....

52377-Jennifer-Lawrence-wink-gif-2oRb.gi

Hidden Content

That's why I want to ask our @vvan23 WHICH "oppa" did she pick up from @agdr03's house?  The angelic oppa? Or the devilish oppa aka Bad Boy? 

I will wait for @vvan23 to answer this question :lol:  to be honest, that pic of devilish Oppa scares me but then like @violet88 said, Oppa is such a great actor hence the angel and the devil look :)   I should really try to watch the Royal Tailor of Oppa. See how it is. Has anyone seen it at all?

I am trying to comment on some posts but work keeps interrupting me.  

Do you gals notice that this drama is really lacking "hug scene" between the otp?.. hehe.. it's because their chemistry is too strong that the fact they had few hug scene is a shame.. of course i'm saying this because i like farewell party hug scene too much.. wonder how many take they had to do cause i think it's not easy for yys to hold his expression while jj is doing the ghost story gesture towards gw...

hmmm yes come to think of it, there is only the farewell party hug of WooJoo. Unless we can consider their sideways hug right at the end of episode 16 a hug too? I like it because WooJoo looked really at peace and cozy :wub:  Oh what about JJ's hug to GW while they were kissing? :phew:  That was some hug from JJ! I cant blame her of course :wub: :P 

to add to the sideways hug, GW was hugging JJ at the pojangma too :)

Poor JJ recalling the past as she packs GW stuff. :(

That jar of facial  cream makes me smile for a moment - I think it only happen in k-drama that man & woman fight over beauty product lol.

I agree. The attention to little details like that make this romcom unique.  The facial cream incident was supposed to be petty. GW was "stealing" her cosmetics but he accused her of being so stingy that she wouldn't buy him his essentials. 

But the facial cream became a symbol of her growth, too. For one, she learned that she couldn't just go on accepting freebies from him and that she could exchange things. That is, it's also feels good to be the one giving rather than just receiving thing. She also showed this generous side of her when she cooked that inedible porridge of GW as a way to say thank you. wampC%20makeup%20as%20gift_zps0rylhuvr.j

Then, another thing, she learned to make herself look attractive for GW. She was skimping on her moisturizer/cream before, saying she only used it for special occasions. But in Episode 7, after GW commented about her hair, she went to have it done at a salon. Then, in Episode 16, when she used that facial mask, she reminded herself to start taking better care of her skin. Then, later on she was primping herself in front of the mirror in preparation for a date out with GW. I thought it was amusing that the last time we saw her primping was in Episode 4, when she was getting ready to have dinner al fresco with GW but JW dropped in on them unexpectedly. 

That's why I want to ask our @vvan23 WHICH "oppa" did she pick up from @agdr03's house?  The angelic oppa? Or the devilish oppa aka Bad Boy? 

I will wait for @vvan23 to answer this question :lol:  to be honest, that pic of devilish Oppa scares me but then like @violet88 said, Oppa is such a great actor hence the angel and the devil look :)   I should really try to watch the Royal Tailor of Oppa. See how it is. Has anyone seen it at all?

No. I don't think Dramafever has it but that's okay. I've so many movies on queue I don't think I'll ever get to catch up. 

@violet88, I still don't know what romcom to watch next so I can't give you any recs. :)

That's why I want to ask our @vvan23 WHICH "oppa" did she pick up from @agdr03's house?  The angelic oppa? Or the devilish oppa aka Bad Boy? 

No. I don't think Dramafever has it but that's okay. I've so many movies on queue I don't think I'll ever get to catch up. 

@violet88, I still don't know what romcom to watch next so I can't give you any recs. :)

thanks @packmule3 :)  I haven't seen any copy of it anywhere so I'm not sure if I will end up watching it. By the way, with regards to the romcom, I am still following SWP but I somehow felt it slowed down and is sort of hanging now. This is just me though. I wonder how it will go from now after SJ discovered who the real HJ is :) I almost wanted to give it up when HJ didn't want to tell SJ why she's not returning his feelings. I am glad she told him it's because of HR.

Anyway, back to regular programming :D

These two bickering away! :angry: :(

GW says things to hurt JJ then regret them. Ya, please slap your mouth harder GW!

JJ chased GW away then worrying and thinking about him.

Btw where did GW get those cans of beer?! :huh:

I too,wanted to smack his lips many times in this ep. good thing he immediately realized his.mistakes and says sorry afterwards.

WarmandCozyEpisode14Part%201_219219_zps2

lol. Sure! Go ahead, @lhej. Smack his lips if you want... but may I make a tiny suggestion?  

Instead of using your hand to punish him, smack his lips with YOUR lips. I think that would be infinitely more enjoyable.

Right, @violet88? lol. 

GW says things to hurt JJ then regret them. Ya, please slap your mouth harder GW!

I too,wanted to smack his lips many times in this ep. good thing he immediately realized his.mistakes and says sorry afterwards.

lol. Sure! Go ahead, @lhej. Smack his lips if you want... but may I make a tiny suggestion?  

Instead of using your hand to punish him, smack his lips with YOUR lips. I think that would be infinitely more enjoyable.

Right, @violet88? lol. 

this is not allowed while I am here :angry: :lol::P

Right, @violet88? lol. 

How about a smooch bouquet then?

a smooch bouquet!:credit: asubtlerevelry.com

Sigh. I wish I could GIVE Kang Sora some tips here....

I already watched Royal Tailor. I did not really like that movie but still enjoyed it. Oppa acting as usual, 2 thumps up for him^_^ I really like his eyes expression that I can feel his anger, frustration, sad..u can try to watch it so u can see the differences between The King and BGW...please let us know after u watch it chingu @agdr03:)                                                       

have u watch Whistle Blower? I really like that movie. oppa is not the first lead but his character is remarkable.

thanks @packmule3 :)  I haven't seen any copy of it anywhere so I'm not sure if I will end up watching it. By the way, with regards to the romcom, I am still following SWP but I somehow felt it slowed down and is sort of hanging now. This is just me though. I wonder how it will go from now after SJ discovered who the real HJ is :) I almost wanted to give it up when HJ didn't want to tell SJ why she's not returning his feelings. I am glad she told him it's because of HR.

I still undecided whether to watch SWP or not.. Anyway, I finished Twenty Years Again . Pretty good but it doesn't make me want to do another re-watch .

Ok, back to WNC:D

Right, @violet88? lol. 

Chingu @agdr03, we need to Cooperate to protect oppa From @lhej..kekekke:P

I didn't like the direction the scriptwriters were going with the plot so I ditched it. Also, I didn't like the way they would drop important details oh-so-conveniently in the middle of the plot without any regard for the intelligence of the viewers. [Cue in packmule3's evil laughter: mwahahahahaha]

Take for instance the first encounter of the two male leads in the Ep 1. How come the hero didn't recognize Siwon's character? Didn't he tell his editor that, before arriving, he had taken a good look at the editors who had the potential to "save" the magazine? Welllll....Siwon's face was right there on the magazine he was perusing. Then, look at elevator scene also in Ep 1. That was a cheap trick: the hero was obviously THAT one guy in the corner with his face covered. He was tooooo easy to spot. lol. But Siwon's character was also conveniently in the elevator? pffft.

Mind you, these two examples were just in the first episode. I could cite more but I didn't want to nitpick. But these lapses definitely dampened my enjoyment. lol.

I'll reassess my view once the whole series is done.  

I swear if the Hong sisters were that sloppy, I'd ditch them, too. :D

52377-Jennifer-Lawrence-wink-gif-2oRb.gi

Agelic oppa definitely won my heart :wub::D...kekeke..devilish oppa to scary to handle...

me too!.. i'll choose angelic oppa as well.. hehe.. guess i'm not so much an adventurous person.. but wait.. what does adventurous got to do with this? Hehehe... ☺

Right, @violet88? lol. 

hahaha.. that's right @packmule3.. if that is the case i wanna volunteer to punish oppa as well.. kekeke.. 

Archived