[Drama 2015] Enchanting Neighbor황홀한 이웃 Thanks for watching.

Ldy Gmerm

It's waaaaay past my bedtime, but I have to ask. In that flashback today (ep. 11) did GSR actually lie to SBG about the baby and tell him that it's theirs? I thought that's what I heard, but after reading through your comments I'm no longer sure if that's correct. (I apologize if this is a silly question - my knowledge of Korean is minimal.) 
@Ldy Gmerm Thank you very much for the summaries!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@awsparkle
I have to agree with you the SIL was just defiant and nasty as she got her phone for her and looked GSR in the face like "so what I am meeting her, she is my kid remember that" The look GSR gave her was like she betrayed her and I think the deal was for her to stay away from this kid but the SIL is not doing that now.

I think the SIL played them all for a fool with this kid and as stated above maneuvered it until she got someone to take her kid and raise it for her and got to still be close and to see the girl.

GSR is coming to the point when she has to think of something painful and that is the fact that she tied herself to a man that does not love her and has never loved her and never will. A large pill to swallow but it is coming. Now with this business with the SIL and that kid.. well once she finds out he was cheating when he got hurt hopefully there will not be any boo hooing or crying. I am hoping as well that she finally says this is your kid so you take over the roll of mom now. I was used for too long. I feel for her but when you love someone so much and they never return it why would you do anything to force them into a marriage. And years later you are still sleeping apart.

The only one I really feel bad for is PCW. He really cared for his wife and was a good husband and he loved his daughter and he will find out after putting his daughter to rest that her mother and her lover were to blame for her death. He will be heart broken and angry. It is a large betrayal over the pain of loss.

The Cousin's wife is distracting the FIL so he can not know until the end of it when PCW prolly leaves what has happen. If he knew he would try to stop PCW from leaving that house and family.

@ina111
Welcome to the thread.
It is possible that SBG had been away for a bit and GSR could have told that lie that it was their child. I can not personally see him ever having slept with her and if she says they did he had to be drunk so he would not remember the truth of it and they never did. It was hers and his mother's ploy to get him to marry her to raise the sisters kid. It is sad because of her selfless stupid actions those people still did not really love, respect or appreciate her.

@LdyGmerm  Thank you!
I've re-watched the flashback with Chinese subs, and it seems that GSR had indeded lied to SBG about the baby. I had thought that SBG must have known about his sister's kid, but that doesn't seem to be the case. First it was the mother's idea to make the baby BG's, and then the sister insisted that GSR also lie and claim that she's the mother. I agree,  it's hard to believe that GSR and SBG had ever had the kind of relationship that could have resulted in a child. But even if SBG had bought GSR's lie, how would she manage to conceal the truth from her parents and friends? 
I can't imagine a kdrama mother sacrificing her own son by forcing him into a marriage like that. Sacrificing someone else's child to save her own, like she did with GSR? No problem. Sacrificing her only son though? I find that hard to believe. The sister's lack of gratitude towards GSR is the worst. I really want to see her brought down a peg or two before this drama is over. 
It makes more sense to me now why GSR is so forgiving of SBG's behavior. She's motivated not only by blind love, but also by guilt. She may have thought that what she did was necessary to save the child, but the fact remains that she did something terrible to SBG. Accepting mistreatment from that family is probably her way of atoning. 
I hope I'm not talking nonsense- I haven't caught up with all of the episodes yet. This drama is turning out messier than I expected, but that's not necessarily a bad thing! 

@ina111
NO, you are not talking nonsense and the more you catch up you will see why SBG is the way he is. I can't fault him for his feelings. I can fault him for treating her the way he has. IF he is that unhappy or does not want to be with her then he should divorce her. But It is coming anyway when the truth comes out of what he was doing the night he got hurt. At some point he will find out (if he does not already know) that the kid is not his but his sisters and realize what his mother did to him and he will be beyond angry and will really mistreat her and walk away. GSR does have some guilt I expect but this is the price she paid in trapping a man that she loved since high school. Again his mother and sister played on her feelings. I bet they realized she liked him and used that against her. Unfortunately she fell into that plot and will son have to deal with a bit of pain and anger as he lets loose on what he really thinks of her.

As for his sister, yes she thinks she is superior over GSR but uses her talent for her shop. She will get a big let down later on I think when GSR and SBG split up.  I am hoping at that time GSR gives that kid back to her but the kid could find out that the Aunt is her mother if she over hears SBG going at it with either GSR or his mother about what they did to him. It would be way past time for her to take her kid and raise it.

GSR and PCW will be better suited having both lost spouses and kids although through different reasons on the kids. I fully expect him to move in near her and they form a friendship and through that he helps her to start over and finds out she met his daughter at one point and gave her that doll he kept.

@ina111‌" Welcome the More the Merrier..

@Ldy Gmerm" I see PCW and GSR together after being treated bad by the ones they thought loved them in which it's won't be easy, as well but know they'll be up for the challenge that'll come their way and so am I who certainly can't wait.

@ina111,
Welcome and thanks for clearing that part up about the child. 
GSR's selfishness of wanting that man and using that child is coming back around and biting her in the butt. I do think she's paid the price for what she did to SBG and that child. Neither of them love her as she thought and wanted them too. She has worked like a dog to please these two and both have turned their love and adoration to someone else. The only thing now for GSR to do is come to the realization she needs to let go and start living life for herself. 

@LdyGmerm,  Thanks for the recap
No matter how she wants to deny it she's going to have to face the truth and he's not interested ion her at all..  He trying to tell but she wants to avoid the inevitable.. All they buying and money spending on him is a waste I hope he just divorce her because this just don't make sense she needs a new life away from them divorce her and put her out..  

Just like I thought mom and sister did scheme to make sister take care of her baby because when she found out that GsR mom was there she told her mom is she crazy and to be careful.. GsR mom may be a leech but if she knew mom and daughter planned all this all hell is going to break loose in that house and she really needs to beat the hell out of GsR for being so stupid to marry under these condition no man is worth throwing away your youth for his sisters benefit..     

MY thought is GSR deluded herself all these years that SBG and that kid would love her. She gave up her life and her love to these two and years later she really has nothing to show for it. The kid barely tolerates her or talks to her and does not want to be seen with her. SBG does not sleep with her and does not act like a husband and does not want to talk to her or be seen with her.

Now she has her eyes open as she has caught the kid hugging the Aunt (bio mom) and the kid does not even do that to her. She has found the treats and will see the bag as well and knows who it came from. Eventually she will hear that the SIL and mother used her to raise that kid and lie to SBG as he will find out she lied to him and trapped him when he never liked her.

SBG has told her she is an embarrassment to him and  you can see he hates to be with her. Now her intuition was working as she over heard what was said at the studio about the show and CYK and I bet she put together that SBG was hurt at the same time then she catches a glimpse of SBG running up to that room and the nurse keeping everyone out including her husband. Then she knows that SBG did not leave so where is he when she goes into the room only to find him in the cabinet. She knows something is not right and I want to bet she has a feeling what it is. No man if there was nothing going on or no issues would hide from the husband or a nurse bar everyone while he spends time with someone. Her thinking back to finding him in that cabinet shows she has a feeling about it just as the questions she asked him at the restaurant. She knows that SBG does not love her and never has and she will suspect his heart is with CYK. Will she says something no because she does not want to loose that safe world of hers. But I think something will be said or done that she can't help but find out the truth and realize he cheated (well is it really cheating when it is in name only?) on her and what happen.

As for the SIL and her mother well eventually they will be caught at the lie as well but I see the SIL saying so what , why should she ruin her life when GSR was so in love with her brother and the mother will say the same. Only SBG will be pissed off that his mother and his sister sacrificed him to raise her brat.

PCW is going to let the FIL know what he has found out or say something when that man tries to say something to him about trying to choke CYK.. I don't blame him if he hits him with the fact that his daughter was in the car with another man cheating in front of his daughter when they went in the other lane and was hit resulting in his kid dying. What will her father be able to say? NOTHING!! because this man has lost his daughter through the cheating actions of his wife. Who was kissing and hugging on a man in front of the kid.

Hi everyone! :-h I'm finally joining the thread.
This drama.....I don't even know where to begin. First of all, I didn't expect GSR to catch her husband this early. That man looked so ridiculous hiding in that closet. There was no point even denying what was happening...it was obvious he was having an affair. He looked and acted guilty and I am surprised GSR didn't go crazy on him right there. While eating that meal with him, I expect her to pour the bowl of soup on him. The man is so shameless, I get so annoyed watching his scenes. I won't even discuss that useless nurse keeping watch for the adulterer. It makes absolutely no sense at all. *smh*

Poor, poor PCW! This man doesn't deserve such tragedy. He was loving and faithful to his wife and what did he get in return. A cheating woman who had the gall to bring her 'boyfriend' into the car while her daughter was there. Now the little girl has lost her life all because of two irresponsible adults who should have known better. 
As for the vipers in his midst. Those two are certainly ruthless especially the cousin's wife. They think they can take advantage of a grieving father and get away with it. They shall regret their actions even though we have to wait a while for that...lol.

tinatrix236 said: Hi everyone! :-h I'm finally joining the thread.
This drama.....I don't even know where to begin. First of all, I didn't expect GSR to catch her husband this early. That man looked so ridiculous hiding in that closet. There was no point even denying what was happening...it was obvious he was having an affair. He looked and acted guilty and I am surprised GSR didn't go crazy on him right there. While eating that meal with him, I expect her to pour the bowl of soup on him. The man is so shameless, I get so annoyed watching his scenes. I won't even discuss that useless nurse keeping watch for the adulterer. It makes absolutely no sense at all. *smh*

Poor, poor PCW! This man doesn't deserve such tragedy. He was loving and faithful to his wife and what did he get in return. A cheating woman who had the gall to bring her 'boyfriend' into the car while her daughter was there. Now the little girl has lost her life all because of two irresponsible adults who should have known better. 
As for the vipers in his midst. Those two are certainly ruthless especially the cousin's wife. They think they can take advantage of a grieving father and get away with it. They shall regret their actions even though we have to wait a while for that...lol.

@tinatrix,
The light bulb already went off in GSR's head and she just turned it off and wants to live in denial. If she doesn't think about it or talk about it then it's not real. That money she took out of the bank is probably to help him. She doesn't want to face the reality that her husband is in love with someone else. Something is going to have to happen that puts his affair right in front of her eyes before she acknowledges it and faces the reality. 
@valsava, @LdyGmerm,
From the preview it looks like PCW is leaving that house with his daughter's doll in hand and revenge on his mind. His wife and her lover killed his baby and he's mean to make them pay. 
This woman that keeps appearing before the father. She has schemer written all over her and I think she's hooked up with the cousins wife. I think the wife has a plan to take it all with the help of this woman. The cousin is just an idiot for letting his wife fill his head full of grandeur of owning it all. He is going to regret big time for turning against is uncle because of his greedy wife. 

I expect that by the time the FIL has found out or realizes that he was taken in by this woman and that the wife of the Cousin did it they will be in complete control of the company. Either the FIL will die and they take over or they oust him and take over. What makes me angry is you are mad that your uncle dotted on his SIL more then you so instead of leaving and doing something to prove your worth as well OR working harder to show you are worthy you instead take advantage of a tragedy to take over. The wife wants to be the Madam of it all and is tired of being in the backseat acting like the DIL. Well, mmm both could have left the house and she then would not have to be in charge of the house and taking care of the kid!

The Cousin may have jealousy over the FIL treating PCW a bit more of his favorite but I do not think he would come up with this. It is the wife whispering the wrong things in his ear. But he had the decency to tell her to not expose the black box to PCW or the FIL because he knew how devastated that they would be but she wants to be the Mistress of the house and have a Husband who runs the company. The sad thing is it is the FIL's company why do they think they should be entitled to it just because she takes care of the house and family and he works as a director?

I see him going along with all the windfalls, but he will find out what she did to get him that spot. He will be horrified but stuck by then. The sad thing is I do not think he is strong enough business wise to hold on to or keep that company. The wife will get greedier and will prolly pose some deal once they are in control that will hurt the company or get taken in by a scam.. neither will know what to do.

What I expect is that once PCW leaves that house and goes to live in that neighborhood maybe he meets GSR again and some how he finds out about her design and sewing skills (she may repair a shirt or re-purpose a shirt for him or something) and she may see the doll and wonder where he got it only for him to say it was his daughters and she to say she gave it to her. He will then realize she is the Ahjumma his little girl was talking about. Since it says he will help her I see him helping her get her foot in the door to have her own line of something whether it is bags (which is why he was prolly at the SIL (bag lady) store , maybe they are doing a collaboration and he finds out it is GSR behind the scenes doing the bags.) or clothing or dolls she will be starting something on her own.

As I say the above I think that is it. The SIL has been using GSR's talents to make her bags and is profiting on it with the success of her store and is prolly getting funding or got funding from PCW on his last visit with the little girl when she got the doll. I think he will find out who the real designer and seamstress is for those bags and will help her. He will also see how nice she is and how those people treat her.

It should be interesting to find out if he is moving into the neighborhood for revenge since he will find out who SBG is or if it is purely by chance that he finds out that SBG is married to GSR (or was married to) and that they live in that neighborhood. But again the title could have nothing to do with it.

@awsparkle
Finding out and seeing the video of what CYK was doing is going to break the man. He loved her and his daughter. In the flash back we saw how she went after him and he was a shy man it seems to me. But then years later she was bored with him and wanted spice. (She was basically a spoiled brat in my book) she crossed the line and even did it in front of her kid. If the child had not died she would have told her father what mommy was doing and with whom. You could tell she did not have the same bond with that child that PCW did or know children at all, because had she did she would know not to do something like that in front of a child. Now the child is gone. Her husband is find out she cheated on him with his kid in the car and that they caused the accident that killed his baby. All that pain and anger will boil up. All I can say is it is a good thing she is in a coma because he would kill her for what she has done. To make a sweet man like him put his hands around her neck means he has reached his limit and his anger has no bounds.

IT will be sad that her father will pull him off and hit him trying to stop him and having words with him. I really hope he tells her father what she was doing in that car the night his kid was killed. I see her father having a stroke at that point. All because his spoiled daughter and her actions with another man. He will know it is true and may want to see the black box video but he will remember what he heard at that hospital.

He will be loosing PCW no way will he stay in that house or family after that he is done to the Cousin and his wife's joy. Since PCW looks to have been a lawyer before marrying CYK he may end up going back to that career. I hope so..

I have to wonder if when she finally comes out of her coma will she have memory loss? We know that SBG will end up with her. I guess it depends on how long she is out of it.

As for that woman her look when she met the FIL outside the room after he put the blanket on PCW said it all to me as she turned her head and made this face.. that was distasteful.. it shows she is into it as well and will be tying him up with eventual marriage perhaps. The wife and this woman will find out though I think that because they did this and enjoyed the spoils for a time they will get payback later I think for their actions.

I am not talking about the truth of the affair. It needs to come out.. I am talking about coveting what does not belong to them and using a painful time in peoples lives for their own personal gain.

I think GSR as well got money out to help that show that SBG is in. He will not appreciate it and all that money she saved and worked hard for will be taken and used and he will still look down on her and leave her with nothing leaving her in a heartbeat when he makes it big and going to CYK.

@Ldy Gmerm" AWESOME post..

What kills me about people's how they come in and try to take someone, or something from that doesn't belong to them who have worked so hard for. and I'm really distraught of watching the cousin wife talk the way her lips looks (it's definitely a turn off and my head turning is included) 8-|

I've finally caught up and ... not sure where to start. I feel like you guys have said it all, and much better than I could. So many people are hurting in this drama, PCW most of them all. It's a little hard to watch.
The cousin's wife, LJA, is on my punch-in-the-face-hard wish list. I thought the cousin wasn't so bad, but now I don't know any more. If I understood correctly what he said in ep. 10, he feels that his father's company was unfairly taken away by the uncle, and he wants it back badly. In spite of that, he seemed to be opposed to his wife's dirty scheming. Or was that just pretense? He seemed to genuinely want his wife to stop in ep10, but then again, he didn't really do anything to stop her. By ep.12 he seemed happy try out the president's chair, and he even gave his wife advice on how to break down PCW's trust in CYG. 
I laughed at grandma's tantrum (note to self: no tantrum is complete without the threat of suicide by tongue swallowing :)), but she has a good point. The daughter has not been raised well. I blame the parents and their dysfunctional relationship - what child could grow up properly in that environment? (Speaking of which, I can't remember seeing SBG interact with the daughter at any point.) Her father has taught her to be selfish, and to be embarrassed and unappreciative of her mother. GSR has allowed herself to be treated that way,  and taught her daughter that it's acceptable.  
Regardless of whether PCW chooses to take revenge, CYG and SBG's futures are looking bleak already . I guess the writers will probably add memory loss after CYG's coma since her father was asking the shady nurse about it. That will give CYG a bit of reprieve, but it's hard to imagine CYG could ever be happy again after she finds out what she's done to her child and her husband. SBG will suffer too. He will lose GSR, find out that he'd been betrayed by his family all those years ago, and he will have no future with CYG because he's responsible for her child's death.

ina111 said: I've finally caught up and ... not sure where to start. I feel like you guys have said it all, and much better than I could. So many people are hurting in this drama, PCW most of them all. It's a little hard to watch.
The cousin's wife, LJA, is on my punch-in-the-face-hard wish list. I thought the cousin wasn't so bad, but now I don't know any more. If I understood correctly what he said in ep. 10, he feels that his father's company was unfairly taken away by the uncle, and he wants it back badly. In spite of that, he seemed to be opposed to his wife's dirty scheming. Or was that just pretense? He seemed to genuinely want his wife to stop in ep10, but then again, he didn't really do anything to stop her. By ep.12 he seemed happy try out the president's chair, and he even gave his wife advice on how to break down PCW's trust in CYG. 
I laughed at grandma's tantrum (note to self: no tantrum is complete without the threat of suicide by tongue swallowing :)), but she has a good point. The daughter has not been raised well. I blame the parents and their dysfunctional relationship - what child could grow up properly in that environment? (Speaking of which, I can't remember seeing SBG interact with the daughter at any point.) Her father has taught her to be selfish, and to be embarrassed and unappreciative of her mother. GSR has allowed herself to be treated that way,  and taught her daughter that it's acceptable.  
Regardless of whether PCW chooses to take revenge, CYG and SBG's futures are looking bleak already . I guess the writers will probably add memory loss after CYG's coma since her father was asking the shady nurse about it. That will give CYG a bit of reprieve, but it's hard to imagine CYG could ever be happy again after she finds out what she's done to her child and her husband. SBG will suffer too. He will lose GSR, find out that he'd been betrayed by his family all those years ago, and he will have no future with CYG because he's responsible for her child's death.

@LdyGmerm,  Thanks for the recap
So now we know what GSR spend the money on tickets for his one man show that he's not going to appreciate her doing it anyway.. That was money gone down the drain she should have save that money and told brother and mom it's time to look for jobs and got them a roof top and tell them they on they on.. No wonder she's not like she spend money stupidly  Her dreaming him thanking her at some award that she not going to be invited to..SMH  Why would he invite a woman he don;t even sleep with she really needs awake up call bad.. If PCW go after her he would only be doing SBG a favor but it would be hell on him to change her mind she obsess..  What will ut takes for her to walk away I'm so dying to see but at this rate to get rid of her is to kick her out with the divorce papers stamp    

@ina111, Welcome aboard you are among the daily gang any questions just ask.. 

@LdyGmerm,
SGR is just pathetic with her blind love and devotion to a man who could give to cents about her. The man has totally left home and every chance he get's he's at the hospital mooning over another woman. 
CYK's father is going to regret his treatment of PCW. It's understandable of him being upset and angry of what PCW was trying to do but to turn on him was a kick in the gut. He showed PCW he only cared about his daughter and not what he was going through. The cousin, his wife and that nurse is going to take every thing away from this man and he will deserve it for being so blind. 
When they showed the flash back of how PCW and CYK got together they were in front of the court building. I wouldn't be surprise if PCW was her second husband.  Another thing that wouldn't surprise me either is when CYK does wake up she's okay with PCW being gone and is still interested in SBG.  She had no interest or wanted to be bothered with that child. 
GSR's who family are good for nothing. The son will never be anything because of the examples of his mother and father. 

Archived