[Drama 2015] Falling For Innocence 순정에 반하다

larus

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@victorb nice to know you also see the phenomenon as a haunting. If you're (and @stuartjmz -->hi, we met way back then in KMHM thread, when I talked about Vermeer's and Van Gogh's paintings) interested, you can read this ahjumma's lense flare post and find the drama's reference to ghosts and possession in it.

@miriamdream2 the "greater good" question has always been humankind's moral dilemma, right? I read somewhere that if we're not troubled by this question, then we're psychopaths. Which is to say, I understand where Soon-jung's logic comes from, but it doesn't mean that I like it. Also, she'll need to take sides later.

selenette said:@miriamdream2 the "greater good" question has always been humankind's moral dilemma, right? I read somewhere that if we're not troubled by this question, then we're psychopaths. Which is to say, I understand where Soon-jung's logic comes from, but it doesn't mean that I like it. Also, she'll need to take sides later.

It was mentioned before that Min Ho is in charge of Golden Partners Asian Division but I ignored that information somehow. So Min Ho is making money for others? I thought he is a partner of that company and he is the big boss. He had a plan to destroy Hermia with or without Golden central quarters approval?
That means Min Ho could lose his position anytime? Now, his question ( I wonder how long you will be able to love a man who`s fallen to the bottom?) is haunting me. :))  He will be himself on the bottom in the future? His revenge fight is not easy to finish.

tumblr_nmqta6tWmI1sdd1ivo1_540.png
tumblr_nmqta6tWmI1sdd1ivo2_540.png
tumblr_nmqta6tWmI1sdd1ivo4_540.png
tumblr_nmqta6tWmI1sdd1ivo5_540.png
tumblr_nmqta6tWmI1sdd1ivo6_540.png
tumblr_nmqta6tWmI1sdd1ivo8_540.png
tumblr_nmqta6tWmI1sdd1ivo7_540.png
tumblr_nmqta6tWmI1sdd1ivo9_540.png

Guest ilchul

larus

said: The 3rd episode started with Soon Jung narration and episode 4 with Min Ho`s. The end of episode 3 and the beginning of episode 4 were the same scene but we could see them trough the eyes of the two protagonists. I really like that.

I loved Soon Jung narration but it was so sad. Min Ho and Soon Jung are similar, but emotionally, they were and they are now in different stages. Before the heart transplant moment, Min Ho did not have a future, he expected to die but he had a revenge to finish. For him today was very important but not like Dong Wook with his carpe diem motto.  He wanted to die fighting the Evil uncle.  Sung Joon was happy. She had a man who loved her so much, she had dreams, plans for tomorrow. After the heart transplant, Min Ho discover the life, he still wants to take down the uncle but he wants a future for himself as well. For Sung Jung, tomorrow disappeared, like she said. She tries to be all smiles, she helps others but ...she needs healing. Here, they are. Min Ho and Soon Jung. Two heartbroken people finding together a tomorrow.  And their help is the innocent heart of Dong Wook.

The theme of this drama is simple (it is a healing drama after all) : "happiness might pass but sadness passes as well." 

Soon Jung`a introspection, episode3 photos...

Soon Jung (voice):

A past scene at Soon Jung`s father funeral, Dong Wook comforting words...

Soon Jung`s voice again...

:(

Guest ilchul

dzareth_8651

said: i totally adore Min Ho-Woo Shik bromance!!! it's funny because we see Woo Shik crossing himself in front of Min Ho but during the exorcism he used the yellow amulet paper normally seen in old Hong Kong vampire movies hehe... moar gimme moar!!! hahaha...

by the way, it seems that in Gold Partners, MH answers to someone higher up. in the subs that person is referred to as "president". i hope that's merely because GP is a multi-national company and not some looming sinister plot.

ilchul said: I really loved your words :-bd at this point Soon Jung has lost everything (her love/support/dreams/hopes/tomorrow) while Min Ho had found a new chance to live and to know what living means other than taking revenge and do nothing but working and I can't wait for these two to find their tomorrow and happiness with and through each other :DI really love this quote:"happiness might pass but sadness passes as well." and through it Dong Wook will always live in them

Guest ilchul

only1khj

said:

This is my favorite romantic story set up, even though it's been used countless times.  I never grow tired of it.    Ever!   Prince Charming (Uncharming, some would say.) falls for Cinderella and vice versa.  Beauty and the Beast.  Timeless.  It relates to all cultures.  This is the basic plot that grabs my heart and interest from episode 1 of any drama with this theme.  Now, I can't even tell you how many times k=drama has broken my heart by the ending episode, but that's another story for another day.
I haven't fallen hard and fast for Falling for Innocence.  Mainly, because I'm still traumatized from some recent k-dramas that dashed my romantic hopes to pieces.  Otherwise, I would have fallen for it from the first meeting of the OTP. Sparks!
Some of my favorite moments:Dong Wook and Soon Jung: any scene.  I hope he keeps showing up in memories for quite awhile.Kang Min Ho in all of his handsome, rich, bad tempered, revenge-filled, arrogant glory.  I personally preferred the original hairstyle, but hey, it's Korea.  For some reason K-culture likes a bowl cut like Moe from The Three Stooges. Post-surgery Kang Min Ho's personality integration.  The lollipops, the tears, the kung-fun moves.  Specifically the GORGEOUS, WELL DIRECTED scene when he's meeting Soon Jung on the steps during her break-down. Squeal! 
I hope Kang Min Ho is not dying by episode 16 like the heroine in My Spring Days.  I don't want Soon Jung to grieve twice.  
I don't hold out much hope for the revenge plot either.  My experience with k-drama revenge is lackluster to say the least. The villains get off way too easily.  Maybe FFI will be a pleasant surprise.  Low expectations are sometimes best. 
Cautiously Optimistic. So far, SO GOOD! [-O<

Guest ilchul

selenette said:  
larus said:
"I loved Soon Jung narration but it was so sad. Min Ho and Soon Jung are similar, but emotionally, they were and they are now in different stages. Before the heart transplant moment, Min Ho did not have a future...Sung Joon was happy... After the heart transplant, Min Ho discover the life...but he wants a future for himself as well. For Sung Jung, tomorrow disappeared..."

@Iarus I'm sorry I cut your post. I love what you said there so much. I think it was beautifully phrased, well done!. 
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/537/3CpEaH.jpg
("Möbius strip" by David Benbennick - Own work. Licensed under CC BY-SA 3.0 via Wikimedia Commons )

"The Möbius strip or Möbius band (/ˈmɜrbiəs/ (non-rhotic) or US /ˈmoʊbiəs/; German: [ˈmøːbi̯ʊs]), also Mobius or Moebius, is a surface with only one side and only one boundary" (Wikipedia, 2015)
"What makes this seemingly ordinary construct so fascinating is that, while the original strip of paper clearly had two sides, the Möbius strip seems to have only one"(from https://www.math.hmc.edu/~gu/curves_and_surfaces/surfaces/moebius.html)

So, IMO  Soon-jung and Min-ho are the two twisted sides of the Möbius Strip, they're different and the same. The twist between them are not really a twist. And Dong-wook's heart is the paper boundary that brings them together.  
This view of the three characters as a  Möbius Strip is relevant  to the "mirror stage" theory of French psychoanalyst Jacques Lacan. Lacan theorized that we can only discover our true selves from the gaze of others, and vice versa. I'm waiting for the day when these two can realize it, too. 

Guest ilchul

only1khj said: @selenette: hello, howdy, and hey, chingu!
I agree it's emotional.  She's thinking he's a stalker.  Also, I think it was @ilchul who explained KMH's dream as being the same as when he dreams about the watch.  It's DW's memory, but in the dream, it's KMH's face.  So the memories are putting him into the scene as DW.  When I read that after I posted it made me rethink my conclusion again.  That seems more likely, but I don't get the ambiguity when she's walking away after the encounter on the stairs.  That's alright.  That's what makes drama watching fascinating.  
Glad you're on board for discussion.  I'll be here at least until it gets too angsty for me and then I may have to be a coward and just read reviews to see if I want to watch or not.  I am severely k-drama traumatized at the present.  I DO NOT rush in where angels fear to tread.  

Guest ilchul

sandjh said: ilchul said: sandjh said: ahhhhh ep 5 looks good, i just want to watch it already  :(( a week is too long :D i hope this drama becomes more popular because it's definitely worth the watch and so more people will sub it hehe

Archived