Park Bo Gum 박보검 ♥ 朴寶劍 ♥ パク・ボゴム | Upcoming Drama 2024: When Life Gives You Tangerines | Upcoming Drama 2024: Good Boy

autumnight

Park Bo Gum Addresses Dating Rumors With Jang Nara

park-bo-gum-jang-nara.png
Actor Park Bo Gum has been swept up in dating rumors with actress Jang Nara, but the actor personally denied these rumors in a recent interview.

Park Bo Gum stated, “I noticed that dating rumors with Jang Nara were spreading. It made it look like I was dating her. I felt awkward having to call her after that. I was surprised since it’s such a nonsensical rumor.”

He continued, “It felt new since this is my first scandal, but I also felt sorry towards Nara noona. Perhaps it started when we filmed ‘I Remember You‘ together.”

When asked how he feels having to deal with these rumors, he answered, “It’s an inevitable thing since I am a public figure. I’m actually trying to be thankful for the attention. I will be more careful and cautious in the future.”

Source (1)

whenyeol.. the netz.. sure have unlogical rumors..

Jang Nara is nice and cute, but I think those news isn't true.

• Like 3

1. Park Bogum: buries himself in work like Taek, can't multi-task & hasn't been able to date http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=081&aid=0002679840&gid=999339&cid=1012695 

Permalink gambar yang terpasang
    Balas

Retweet

Suka

Selengkapnya

Bogum: shocked & thankful Taek was the husband, thought it was Junghwan but Taek was wholly devoted to Deoksun http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=081&aid=0002679840&gid=999339&cid=1012695retweet10 sukaBalas

CaaocwZUMAEq_zM.jpgCaaocw7VAAIYLXd.jpgCaan9EVUAAEb9oK.jpgCaan9DWVAAM4v8V.jpgCaan9DcUAAAZGoR.jpgCaawxgoUMAEi2i4.jpgCaawxbgUcAAMBqN.jpg

the interview is all in hangul. :tears:

please share if anyone found translate one.

Retweet
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, deeand said:

[ENG] K-SWISS Korea ‘HEART ATTAEK’ Video 

what I kind heart actor... Bogum you make me heart attaek with your sweetness

cr. BOGUMMYsubs

omg, who does that? and in the middle of the interview? *squee*

hi, bogummy thread!! 

i am guilty of only noticing park bo gum in answer me 1988... i didn't realize he was in nae il's cantabile, even though i watched the entire series.. (mostly because i checked out partway through the series... so i stopped looking at the screen so much =/ actually, i think i was near the end when i thought, 'wait are they doing the replacement conductor arc?' _-_ ). 

seeing him in answer me 1988, though, is letting me jump over the hurdle that is jang nara (sorry, i'm not a big fan of hers...) and getting me to go back and watch 'i remember you'/'hello monster'. i'd been really interested in the plot, and i like seo in gook... but jang nara as the lead... _-_;; park bo gum has pushed me on, though, and i'm now a third of the way through.

by the way, i think he told chosun.com that he wanted to try doing sageuk sometime... i would watch the heck out of that *___________*

• Like 4

1 minute ago, syaiira said:

gyxsa7h3dzar7g8eow5t8fn0ad0ouzy2.jpg

[by Kim Hee Gyeong, translated by Woorim Ahn] 24 might be an age that is still young, but can’t be just innocent. However, Park Bo Gum, who is 24 years old, was just like a white snow trail that nobody stepped on. People can rarely see it, but it wasn’t unfamiliar or seemed like a made-up at all.  

Park Bo Gum revealed himself and Choi Taek, the character he played for tvN drama ‘Reply 1988’, through an interview with bntnews. After filming the drama, he went to Phuket and Africa, and said, “I can’t still believe the drama is over.”

The last episode of ‘Reply 1988’ reached the viewers’ percentage of 21.8% and made the highest record among cable channels. Regarding this, he added, “It’s literally an honor of my family” and revealed his appreciation.

“Actually, I didn’t know how cable channels go. I thought ‘I wish it would go well’, but I never expected this much. I’m really happy that the drama became nationwide one that received much love from the mass public.”

jxdbz4h1ezmgx04gsu75fcxsx2zvk9ku.jpg

Park Bo Gum also disclosed respects for director Shin Won Ho that has produced ‘Reply’ series. He mentioned that the director put down his authority for actors and said, “We were happy all the time” and kept appreciating.

“I like all the directors that I’ve worked with, but Shin Won Ho was the most humorous person among them. I never saw him get mad. Moreover, he checks all the details such as arts, props, acting, singing and others. He should be tired, but he always makes kidding and gives advices to everyone, so I really liked to work on it.”

‘Reply 1988’ is evaluated as a drama having more family stories and love than the previous ones. It became one of the reasons why Park Bo Gum, who was born in 1993, could draw the background of 1988 easier.

“When I filmed the drama, my heart became warmer. Although Taek wasn’t at home, everyone gathered at his room and knew each other what they wanted without a word. Moreover, even when Taek was trying to eat at home with his father, neighbors filled up the table for his family. That’s where I could feel heartwarming sentiment of 1988. It will be great if we still can feel it now.”

bdakxqqaq73114i9ynvs1lq9wqpxkcal.jpg

Choi Taek is one of the characters that received lots of love from the audiences in ‘Reply’ series. In particular, he was a true lover, who gave up playing go that was his everything for his love, and the scene shook many fangirls’ hearts. Somehow, it might be a positive result as an actor, but Park Bo Gum was very humbled.

“I’m not sure if I did well in the drama. Honestly, if I put more time on playing go for the scenes, I could show better quality. If I get 10 points from the drama, I want to retrieve it to the director and scriptwriter that made Choi Taek.”

“Everybody becomes happy for my work, but they told me to behave more prudent and humbled as much as this. Not only my family, but also my agency people see me with objective views. When I didn’t do my work well, they point it out. Rather than giving compliments for me, those comments help me a lot more. If there weren’t those people, I wouldn’t be here.”

Read more here: https://sg.celebrity.yahoo.com/post/138705261219/park-bo-gum-it-is-only-a-prologue-yet

• Like 9
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, beldaran said:

omg, who does that? and in the middle of the interview? *squee*

hi, bogummy thread!! 

i am guilty of only noticing park bo gum in answer me 1988... i didn't realize he was in nae il's cantabile, even though i watched the entire series.. (mostly because i checked out partway through the series... so i stopped looking at the screen so much =/ actually, i think i was near the end when i thought, 'wait are they doing the replacement conductor arc?' _-_ ). 

seeing him in answer me 1988, though, is letting me jump over the hurdle that is jang nara (sorry, i'm not a big fan of hers...) and getting me to go back and watch 'i remember you'/'hello monster'. i'd been really interested in the plot, and i like seo in gook... but jang nara as the lead... _-_;; park bo gum has pushed me on, though, and i'm now a third of the way through.

by the way, i think he told chosun.com that he wanted to try doing sageuk sometime... i would watch the heck out of that *___________*

hi... welcome to bogum land.

maybe you should watched tomorow cantabile once more. especially on episode PBG scene. I adore every PBG scene , especially when he conductor Mambo.

happy watching IRY, it is indeed have a good plot.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, syaiira said:

“I’m not sure if I did well in the drama. Honestly, if I put more time on playing go for the scenes, I could show better quality. If I get 10 points from the drama, I want to retrieve it to the director and scriptwriter that made Choi Taek.”

“Everybody becomes happy for my work, but they told me to behave more prudent and humbled as much as this. Not only my family, but also my agency people see me with objective views. When I didn’t do my work well, they point it out. Rather than giving compliments for me, those comments help me a lot more. If there weren’t those people, I wouldn’t be here.”

so humble... Love him more... if he keep humble I'm sure he could become the best celebrity in korea. just like Yoo Jae Suk 

2 hours ago, syaiira said:

[by Kim Hee Gyeong, translated by Woorim Ahn] 24 might be an age that is still young, but can’t be just innocent. However, Park Bo Gum, who is 24 years old, was just like a white snow trail that nobody stepped on. People can rarely see it, but it wasn’t unfamiliar or seemed like a made-up at all.  

and the best thing is he is genuine... every one who already meet him said he is genuine and pure. Bo Gum ah... Saranghe...

• Like 4

Was Park Bo Gum Nervous About His First Kiss Scene on “Reply 1988″?

Was Park Bo Gum Nervous About His First Kiss Scene on “Reply 1988″?

Park Bo Gum has revealed his honest feelings about his first kiss scene on the tvN drama “Reply 1988.”

On February 4, he met with a writer from Kookmin Ilbo at a café in Seoul and spoke of his time on the show. The writer remarked, “Many people pick your kiss scene as one of the most memorable on the show,” to which Park Bo Gum smiled shyly and said, “I was really fascinated by that response as well.”

He added, “Both Hyeri and I were nervous about this scene. We wanted people to watch it and feel that sense of youth and emotion. I was really nervous but the director did such a good job and everyone from the shoot took good care of us so I think it was able to come out well because of that.”

The second hotel kiss scene received an even greater response from the viewers. For that scene, Park Bo Gum remarked that he was still nervous but tried to appear calm.

“I had heard that in those kinds of situations, the male actor should take the lead and take care of the female actor,” he said. “So although it was the first time for me to do such a kiss scene, I worked hard so that it would come out well with Hyeri.”

Despite his nervousness, there were a lot of words that came out in support of him. The netizen responses to his kiss scene were glowing, with one even calling him the expert of kissing. “The expert of kissing? Me? Haha,” Park Bo Gum responded by throwing his head back and laughing at that comment.

He added, “I was so thankful for the positive response that it received. I heard that the dream kiss scene received the most views on the Internet and I was so fascinated by that.”

Park Bo Gum debuted in 2011 with the movie “Blind,” and has raised his stardom with the recently concluded “Reply 1988.” While he has received many offers for his next role, it is said that he has not decided on anything yet.

Which kiss scene do you prefer?

Source (1)

http://www.soompi.com/2016/02/04/was-park-bo-gum-nervous-about-his-first-kiss-scene-on-reply-1988/

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, deeand said:

Despite his nervousness, there were a lot of words that came out in support of him. The netizen responses to his kiss scene were glowing, with one even calling him the expert of kissing. “The expert of kissing? Me? Haha,” Park Bo Gum responded by throwing his head back and laughing at that comment.

ke..ke...ke.. master Choi Taek 9 dan . is master of kissing :P

• Like 2

The first part of the KPOP Herald Interview for Park Bo Gum has been posted:

[Full Transcript] Park Bo-gum interview ① Career part

Park Bo-gum poses for a picture before an interview at a Seoul cafe on Thursday. (Yoon Byung-chan/The Kpop Herald)

tvN “Reply 1988” star Park Bogum sat down with the Kpop Herald on Feb. 4 to talk about his life as an actor and a 22-year-old. Below is a transcript of his hour-long interview, filled with questions asked by the Kpop Herald readers in advance via email. 

Q: What kind of role or genre would you want to play in the future? Maybe a period drama?
(Asked by: Irene Natania, Faajae, Ida May, Anne Susano, Kenna Gadong, Arsi Agnitasari, Elga Ribka, Han Im, Saranya Pong)

A: I would like to try an action or period drama. More specifically, it’d be fun to play a doctor or a young man living in the countryside. Most of all, I want to play a role in a TV series or film depicting teenage love. 

Q: What is going to be your next film or TV series? Have you decided yet?
(Asked by: Kenna Gadong, Yuan Xi Ling
)

A: It would be a lie to say I have no pressure at all in choosing the next project. But what I know for sure is that I’ll be doing my best in all the work I do. Since my debut in 2011, I’ve thought that every TV series or film I’m starring in is the biggest work of my life. I know I just have to be hard-working and focused on what I do, as I have done in the past five years. The CEO and managers of my agency will do a good job in choosing a character that suits me the most. 

Q: What was your childhood dream? And why did you decide to become an actor?
(Asked by: Henda Kim, Kala Hila)

A: When young, I knew that I was going to have a broadcasting-related job. I enjoy singing and dancing, so my childhood dream was to become a singer-songwriter who touches people’s hearts with the songs and lyrics I wrote. In high school, I videotaped myself singing and sent the file to my current agency. The management watched it and suggested that starting my career in acting would help me gain wider experience, later releasing albums and joining musicals.

Q: How would you like to be recognized 10 or 20 years later? 
(Asked by the Korea Herald)

A: I don’t know till when I’ll be able to keep acting. There’s a time for everything, so I’ll try my best until I can’t. I want people to see me as an actor they want to work with, a person with warm heart and who can spread positive energy. It would be nice to get a reputation for good acting too. 

Q: Any actresses you would like to work with in the future? 
(Asked by Saranya Pong, Sashi Ani, Elga Ribka, Aryska Aminah, Marichell Banagan)

A: I’m in no position to choose a partner (laughing). Oh! That reminds me I’d like to act together with Yeo Jin-goo. He’s younger than me but a senior actor. He knows how to act, analyze the script and express feelings. It’s very admirable. I learned from my past TV series “Wonderful Mama” that you have to look into the other person’s eyes when acting and it’s an awesome feeling. I wonder what it’s like to communicate like that when acting with Yeo.

Q: You've gained lots of Thai fans thanks to "Reply 1988." Any plans to go there or learn the language?
I heard it's very difficult to learn Thai. I'm very thankful and glad to find out that many Thai fans are supporting me. I'd be happy to be anywhere that needs me. 

Q: How do you manage your stress or ill comments online? 
(Asked by Ana Vo, Anne Susano, Joyce Ann San Pedro, Yuan Xi Ling)

I eat, sleep and talk a lot with people. I think simple and forget easy when stressed. I try to think positive, which helps me get less stressed than I should be.

By Son Ji-hyoung (monicasuk@heraldcorp.com, json@heraldcorp.com)

EDIT:
Part 2: Relationship is here
Part 3: Reply 1988 is here

• Like 7

@chickfactor thankyou for translating below interview I'm sure you don't mind if I put your translated here.

Posted 6 hours ago (edited) · Report post

http://sports.chosun.com/news/ntype.htm?id=201602060100052620003161&servicedate=20160205

Eung-Pal's Taek: About Uh-Nam-Taek, Youth Over Flowers, and Jang Nara [Interview]

Through R88 which re-wrote cable TV history, actor Park Bogum became one of the top stars. He was not crushed by Ryu Joon-Yeol's "tsundere Jung-Hwan," and finally became Duk-Sun's husband and scored the drama's touchdown. With his kind gaze and chicken-poop-like tears, he inspired maternal love, and had a one-track mind for one person. We thought he was delicate, but he struck when it counted, and had a masculine winner's mentality which shook the female hearts in living rooms. As soon as his post-shooting vacation was over, he was kidnapped and taken to Africa for PD Na's "Youth Over Flowers," and finally returned from his long trip. He had just returned to Korea when he met with Sports Chosun.

- When did you find out that you were DS's husband?

I knew after seeing the script for Ep. 19 and 20. I thought Jung-Hwan was the husband, for sure. Everyone was in a rush to shoot the final episodes, and I accidentally received the script that was meant for Lee Mi-Yeon and Kim Joo-Hyuk. That was when I learned for sure that Taek was DS's husband. (because those scripts were about the present day) We usually did not receive those scripts. The script was about the adult couple looking at pictures of their youth and talking about it. I thought the first kiss scene was a dream. I thought Taek might look like the husband, but that there would be a final twist that made Jung-Hwan the husband. But when I read that script, I knew that Taek was the husband.

- The audience was intensely divided between "Uh-Nam-Ryu" vs. "Uh-Nam-Taek" How was the atmosphere on set?

It was an honor to be a part of the "Answer Me" series. I knew well that every series featured a "husband hunt" and I've never felt competitive about who would be the husband. PD Shin told us, "You are each the protagonist so don't be concerned about such things." So I only thought about what a good project this was and how I was working with such good people. At first, Jun-Yeol Hyung was so cool, so I was one of the "Uh-Nam-Ryu" people. But later, there were many scenes in which Taek liked Duk-Sun, and I was confused by the first kiss scene between Taek and DS.

- Was the kiss scene with Hyeri awkward?

It was the first kiss scene for both of us. We trembled and felt awkward but we pretended we weren't. I tried my best to not show my embarrassment because I felt that at times like this, the male actor needs to be considerate towards the female actor. Before the scene, I drank a lot of water and brushed my teeth to get ready. My family's faces turned red as they watched their youngest son's kiss scene on TV. But did it come out well? (laugh)

[continued]

- How was your "rhythm," acting with Hyeri?

It was fun. She acted well and she prepared a lot, and she really seemed like (she became) Duk-Sun. She is someone who gives people a lot of energy while shooting. Even when we got tired, when we heard Duk-Sun's bright laughter, we became full of energy again.

- There is a romance rumor about Park Bogum. A blind item that's rumored to be about him and Jang Nara.

I debuted 4-5 years ago, and it's my first romance rumor so it's fascinating and funny. But I was also sorry to Jang Nara Noona. Once I work on a project with someone, I think of them as a precious relationship so I keep in touch with them. I have other Noonas that I am close to, so I don't know why she was the person I have the rumor with. I was embarrassed to contact her after the rumor. She took good care of me and gave me a lot of advice, she is a good Noona. Although it surprised me, I will consider the romance rumor to mean that I am receiving a lot of love and interest (from the fans).

- Do you have an ideal type?

I would like to meet a woman who takes good care of me. A woman who is like a friend, and it would be nice if we had a lot to learn from each other, a good person who can help me with the things that I lack.

- You became very tanned after "Youth Over Flowers." Any new project plans (after effects)?

Fried Egg, Choco Milk, I got a lot of new nicknames. My family laughed at me that all they can see are my teeth. I applied a lot of sunscreen, but I think it made me tan more.

I don't know what I'm going to do next (project), so I don't know what effect it will have. I just want my normal skin color to return. I am using a lot of whitening products (laugh). It was a chance to become closer to my Hyung's. It was an unforgettable trip. I am really curious to see how the series will come out. After traveling to Phuket and Africa, I really learned the charms of traveling. If I have more free time in the future, I would love to travel anywhere abroad again.

- What kind of actor would you like to be?

Someone who effects good. I'd like to become an actor who can move the audience. My goal for 2016, I've decided, is to make many more actors want to act with Park Bogum. All Sunbaes are my role models. I want to take all their good points and make them mine - that is my wish.

--

My comment: "chicken-poop-like tears?" Whaaa? That's literally what it said.

Edited 6 hours ago by chickfactor

salz, ilmare, farrahC and 24 others like this 

• Like 9

found this at 

posted by @sara2908 thank you so much.

Posted 3 minutes ago · Report post

[Herald Interview] ‘Reply 1988’ leaves mark on Park Bo-gum

restmb_jhidxmake_php_idx_5_simg_20160205

Actor Park Bo-gum poses for a picture before an interview at a Seoul cafe on Thursday. (Yoon Byung-chan/The Korea Herald)

The article will be followed by the full transcripts of the interview. --Editor

Park Bo-gum spoke slowly, his words interspersed with child-like smiles. It was as if Park’s “Reply 1988” character Choi Taek had jumped off screen into real life. 

“I realized that I’m similar to my ‘Reply 1988’ character in real life. I’m like an iron fist in a velvet glove, just like Choi Taek in the TV series,” the 22-year-old told The Korea Herald in Seoul last Thursday.

“It was an honor to the whole family for me to be part of the amazing TV series. But fame doesn’t last forever. I know I shouldn’t settle for what I have right now, and be more modest and thankful (for my achievements). I know more than anyone else that I wouldn‘t be here if not for the help of my family, agency and fans,” he said in tears, getting a bit emotional. 

“Reply 1988” was a record-breaking cable TV series that roused nostalgia of the 1980s across the country. It was so popular that it brought back elements of the 1980s comedy, music, fashion and even people’s longing for interpersonal relationships in the old days. 

While it comes as a big pressure to take the next step under the spotlight, the actor said “every work has been a pressure to do well.”

“Since my debut in 2011, I’ve thought that every TV series or film I’m starring in is the biggest work of my life. I know I just have to be hard-working and focused on what I do, as I have done in the past five years,” Park said. 

Despite his early achievements as an actor, he was just like any other college student at his age.

Asked what his biggest concerns were, the actor hesitated for a second and answered “registering college courses,” saying he does not want to miss out on life as an ordinary college student. Park is currently a third-year in studying musical drama at Myungji University.

“To be honest, I want to go back to high school and finish do things I wasn’t able to do (because I was preparing to become an actor). I’ve learned that there is a time for everything. I want to fully enjoy my college life and maybe someday be in a musical with the things I learned at school.”

Park has been in the public eye over the past few years, by appearing in hit films “China Town,” “The Admiral: Roaring Currents” as well as the TV series “Cantabile Tomorrow” and “I Remember You.”

By Suk Gee-hyun (monicasuk@heraldcorp.com)

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, deeand said:

“It was an honor to the whole family for me to be part of the amazing TV series. But fame doesn’t last forever. I know I shouldn’t settle for what I have right now, and be more modest and thankful (for my achievements). I know more than anyone else that I wouldn‘t be here if not for the help of my family, agency and fans,” he said in tears, getting a bit emotional. 

he is really tears up... ouhhh... 

OMG!!!!!! My question was picked and he answered it!!!!!!

Q: When did you first realize you were Hyeri’s husband? How did you feel?
(Asked by Faajae, Ida May, Chintya Sanita, Aryska Aminah, Joyce Ann, Just@tien)

While Hyeri found out who the husband will be while shooting the 16th episode, I found it out when shooting the 19th episode. Because everyone’s script is different, someone gave me a wrong script by mistake and I accidently found it out before shooting the final episode. Not much information about the plot was given to the cast, because we found out that actress Lee Mi-yeon was playing Hyeri’s grown-up role only after watching the first episode.

Wew...... the feeling was great!! being one of those people whose questions got picked and answered. Thank you Kpop_Herald!!!!!

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, tiendoank said:

OMG!!!!!! My question was picked and he answered it!!!!!!

While Hyeri found out who the husband will be while shooting the 16th episode, I found it out when shooting the 19th episode. Because everyone’s script is different, someone gave me a wrong script by mistake and I accidently found it out before shooting the final episode. Not much information about the plot was given to the cast, because we found out that actress Lee Mi-yeon was playing Hyeri’s grown-up role only after watching the first episode.

Wew...... the feeling was great!! being one of those people whose questions got picked and answered. Thank you Kpop_Herald!!!!!

wahhh... congratulation.... Good job. :w00t:

• Like 2

@kepogee please forgive me I repost your post from suntaek thread

thank you for the translation. I know every one in PBG thread must been follow SunTaek thread. but I want PBG thread moving either.

Posted 1 hour ago · Report post

[Full Transcript] Park Bo-gum interview Relationship part 3

@rynn_peace @hafunohane @liteulkwin @Yesin Lee @anishaym

restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20160205

Q: How’s the real-life relationship between you and the other ‘Ssangmun-dong’ friends in the TV series? 
(Asked by Faajae, Ida May, Anishaym, Joyce Ann San Pedro)

It was my fourth time working with Ko Kyung-pyo, so I feel the most comfortable with him. “Reply 1988” was of course a great opportunity to know more about him. Lee Dong-hui is as funny as his character in real life. Ryu Jun-yeol is exemplary to other actors, as he’s always trying to analyze his character and acting skills. I met Hyeri for the first time for the TV series, and she feels just like her character, Deoksun. 

Q: What did you feel when you first found out that Ryu Jun-yeol’s character is also in love with Hyeri’s character, Deoksun? And what do you think about the ending?
(Asked by Saranya Pong, Anishaym, Sasipat Dacha Akarapong, Joyce Ann San Pedro)

Ryu’s character Junghwan is really attractive, so I thought it was natural for Hyeri’s character to get married to Junghwan. After the kissing scene, Taek asks Deoksun if she remembers what happens last night and she says she went home and nothing happened. Like the viewers, I also thought kissing Deoksun was only a dream. But it turns out that Deoksun and Choi Taek did really kiss that night, and I was in utter shock. 

Q: Do you see yourself in Choi Taek? 
(Asked by Ev Kyu, Eky Ilmastuti, Saranya Pong)

I realized that I’m similar to my ‘Reply 1988’ character in real life. I’m like an iron fist in a velvet glove, just like Choi Taek in the TV series.
We’re very much alike in that we’re very focused on given tasks and I like drinking milk. If there’s a difference, I don’t play check-board as well as him (laugh). 

Q: How was the kiss scene with Hyeri? 
(Asked by: Ida May, Anishaym, Joyce Ann San Pedro)

When I was shooting a kiss scene with Hyeri, I was really nervous because it was the first on-screen kiss for both of us. I was shy too, but I pretended to be okay and tried to make Hyeri feel comfortable. 

Q: Are there other roles that you wanted to try in “Reply 1988?”
(Asked by Ida May, Ev Kyu)

When I first auditioned for the drama, I didn’t think I was going to play Choi Taek. The director made me do lines of different roles similar to “Reply 1988” characters and told me that I’d do good in playing Taek. During the audition he made me act cursing on people, and I think he found that funny and thought of me as Choi Taek. 

Q: What do you think about the ending? 
(Asked by Joyce Ann San Pedro)

From the beginning of the TV series, I’ve always thought Hyeri should get married to a person she can be happy with. I felt bad from Junghwan’s perspective, because Ryu did so well in expressing Junghwan’s feelings. 

You, salz, kerfuffle_95 and 6 others like this  Unlike this

this translation also posted by @kepogee Thank you so much.... please forgive me I repost your post.

Posted 2 minutes ago · Report post  

http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201602051558597778758_2

[Full Transcript] Park Bo-gum interview Relationship part 2

Q: Who’s your biggest rival of all the rising stars born in 1993 ? Yoo Seung-ho, Seo Gang-joon and Do Kyung-soo?
(Asked by: Anne Susano)

A: I’ve never thought of them as competitors. My parents always tell me that I’m not acting to compete with anyone but just to do what I enjoy doing, and to be thankful for having that opportunity. Some of them have more experience in acting than I do, which means I have a lot to learn from their acting. If I get the chance, it would be nice for all of us to hang out together. 

Q: How do you feel about being compared to Zo In-sung, both in appearance and acting-wise? (Anne Susano) 

A: It’s a huge honor to be compared to Zo. I met him at a private meeting with other people. It’ll be great to play a brother or childhood role of his character in a film or TV series.

Q: Who are your biggest supporters other than your fans and family? (Ana Vo, Allegra, Han)

A: People at my agency. They have trust in me and helped me to be where I am now. I really appreciate what they have done to make my dream come true. 

Q: How are you so natural with women?
(Asked by the Kpop Herald)

A: Maybe having a sister 10 years older helps. Both men and women feel awkward when they’re in the same room for the first time. I think guys have to lead conversations and be a man. When I was shooting a kiss scene with Hyeri, I was really nervous because it was the first on-screen kiss for both of us. I was shy too, but I pretended to be okay and tried to make Hyeri feel comfortable. 

Q: Do you think it's possible to get married to your first love in real life, like Deoksun and Taek?

A: I don't know. It depends who you are with. I'm not dating right now, so I can't really related myself but I guess it's possible if you have faith in each other. I think about this a lot these days. You're living with one woman with the rest of your life when you get married. I'm trying to pray a lot to meet the one. 

Q: Who was your first love?

A: I met my first love in middle school and dated her until I was in high school. I can't remember the exact year we had dated, but we did date for a long period. We also broke up a few times in between. When I meet a girl, I date her for a long time, than just being in a month or year relationship.

You and pixiemoondust like this  Unlike this
  • Like 6

5 minutes ago, tiendoank said:

@deeand He..tied..the shoelace..of ..the cameraman???

First of all... two thumbs up for the Felicia Day emote. :x

Second... I love that he happened to look down and he was distracted.. and he was all natural, but still lowered his voice to warn them out of concern. Super charming.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, tiendoank said:

@deeand He..tied..the shoelace..of ..the cameraman???

right... isn't he manly?... he can slays all women in universe with his gentleman attitude . swoooon.....

2 minutes ago, beldaran said:

First of all... two thumbs up for the Felicia Day emote. :x

Second of all... I love that he happened to look down and he was distracted.. and he was all natural, but still lowered his voice to warn them out of concern. Super charming.

really super zuper charming. if I were her. I won't untied those shoelace ever again. maybe i would add super glue so it won't untied forever :P

• Like 2

this one is part 1 of the interview. translation by the wonderful @kepogee i read Sun taek thread backward that's why i post the interview backward either.

@kepogee thank you so much for your time translating PBG interview. would be very grateful if you visiting this thread often. And posting those wonderful interview by your self.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Posted 1 hour ago · Report post

GUYS WE MADE IT ONE STEP CLOSER TO OPPPPPPAAAAAAA

@Yesin Lee @rynn_peace @liteulkwin @hafunohane @anishaym

http://www.kpopherald.com/view.php?ud=201602051544267537589_2

[Full Transcript] Park Bo-gum interview Career part 1

tvN “Reply 1988” star Park Bogum sat down with the Kpop Herald on Feb. 4 to talk about his life as an actor and a 22-year-old. Below is a transcript of his hour-long interview, filled with questions asked by the Kpop Herald readers in advance via email. 

Q: What kind of role or genre would you want to play in the future? Maybe a period drama?
(Asked by: Irene Natania, Faajae, Ida May, Anne Susano, Kenna Gadong, Arsi Agnitasari, Elga Ribka, Han Im, Saranya Pong)

A: I would like to try an action or period drama. More specifically, it’d be fun to play a doctor or a young man living in the countryside. Most of all, I want to play a role in a TV series or film depicting teenage love. 

Q: What is going to be your next film or TV series? Have you decided yet?
(Asked by: Kenna Gadong, Yuan Xi Ling)

A: It would be a lie to say I have no pressure at all in choosing the next project. But what I know for sure is that I’ll be doing my best in all the work I do. Since my debut in 2011, I’ve thought that every TV series or film I’m starring in is the biggest work of my life. I know I just have to be hard-working and focused on what I do, as I have done in the past five years. The CEO and managers of my agency will do a good job in choosing a character that suits me the most. 

Q: What was your childhood dream? And why did you decide to become an actor?
(Asked by: Henda Kim, Kala Hila)

A: When young, I knew that I was going to have a broadcasting-related job. I enjoy singing and dancing, so my childhood dream was to become a singer-songwriter who touches people’s hearts with the songs and lyrics I wrote. In high school, I videotaped myself singing and sent the file to my current agency. The management watched it and suggested that starting my career in acting would help me gain wider experience, later releasing albums and joining musicals.

Q: How would you like to be recognized 10 or 20 years later? 
(Asked by the Korea Herald)

A: I don’t know till when I’ll be able to keep acting. There’s a time for everything, so I’ll try my best until I can’t. I want people to see me as an actor they want to work with, a person with warm heart and who can spread positive energy. It would be nice to get a reputation for good acting too. 

Q: Any actresses you would like to work with in the future? 
(Asked by Saranya Pong, Sashi Ani, Elga Ribka, Aryska Aminah, Marichell Banagan)

A: I’m in no position to choose a partner (laughing). Oh! That reminds me I’d like to act together with Yeo Jin-goo. He’s younger than me but a senior actor. He knows how to act, analyze the script and express feelings. It’s very admirable. I learned from my past TV series “Wonderful Mama” that you have to look into the other person’s eyes when acting and it’s an awesome feeling. I wonder what it’s like to communicate like that when acting with Yeo.

Q: You've gained lots of Thai fans thanks to "Reply 1988." Any plans to go there or learn the language?
I heard it's very difficult to learn Thai. I'm very thankful and glad to find out that many Thai fans are supporting me. I'd be happy to be anywhere that needs me.