[Movie 2015] Beauty Inside 뷰티 인사이드

StaRix

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

by topstarnews~
Bigger size: http://article2.topstarnews.net/hd_photo_view.php?number=142218&idx=0
Park Shin Hye / NEW

________________________________________________________________________________________

"Beauty Inside" Park Shin-hye plays a man

Actress Park Shin-hye is attempting at playing the role of a man in the movie "Beauty Inside".

Fantasy movie "Beauty Inside" is about a man named Woo-jin who becomes a different person every time he wakes up and the woman he falls in love with, Lee Soo (Han Hyo-joo). Park Shin-hye plays Woo-jin.

Park Shin-hye debuted in the drama "Stairway to Heaven" as little Choi Ji-woo and has been in various movies and dramas ever since. She dressed up as a man in the drama "You're Beautiful" and even made big hits in "The Heirs" and "Pinocchio".

Park Shin-hye plays Woo-jin who becomes the most handsome Woo-jin and leaves a strong impression in a short scene with Woo-jin's best friend Sang-baek (Lee Dong-hwi).

"Beauty Inside" comes out on the 20th of August.

Source: newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201507171006419610
hancinema.net/beauty-inside-park-shin-hye-plays-a-man-84496.html

Park Shin Hye Plays A Man In 'The Beauty Inside'

park-shin-hye.jpg?w=600

Park Shin Hye has disguised herself as a boy before. In "You're Beautiful" she played a girl who was pretending to be her twin brother so she could perform with a top band.

Her character temporarily fooled some of her fellow band members, even causing one some concern because he was attracted to her.

In the last six years Park has grown into a glamorous and sophisticated actress. But that has not stopped the 26-year-old actress from trying another male role. This time she plays a man in the film "Beauty Inside."

She's one of many actors who take turns playing the role of Woo Jin, a character who is a different person every time he wakes up. Some days he is old. Some days he is young. Some days he is a woman. Han Hyo Joo plays Lee Soo, the woman he loves. She remains the same and she has to contend with his changes. The film asks the question, what is it that you love about a person? Would it transcend the way they looked? Would you still love them if they were another gender?

Because she loves Woo Jin for the person he is inside, Han Hyo Joo's character gets to have a love line with several actors, including Park Sin Hye.

Park makes for a very handsome Woo Jin. In the film she is the fourth actor to play the character.

Altogether 21 actors play Woo Jin. They include Kim Dae Myung, Do Ji Han, Bae Sung Woo, Lee Bum Soo, Park Seo Joon, Kim Sang Ho, Chun Woo Hee, Ueuno Juri, Lee Jae Joon, Kim Min Jae, Lee Hyun Woo, Cho Dal Hwan, Lee Jin Woo, Hong Da Mi, Seo Kang Joon, Kim Hee Won, Lee Dong Wook, Go Ah Sung, Kim Joo Hyuk and Yoo Yeon Suk.

The actors faced the unusual challenge of needing to have their separate performances become a seamless whole. That meant they had to carefully study and evoke each other's performances.

"Beauty Inside" is one of four films that Park Shin Hye has done in the last two years. She also appeared in "Miracle in Cell No. 7," "One Perfect Day" and "The Royal Tailor."

Park debuted in dramas as a child actress, playing the young Choi Ji Woo in "Stairway to Heaven." Her most recent drama hits include 'The Heirs" with Lee Min Ho and "Pinocchio" with Lee Jong Suk.

"Beauty Inside" will be released on August 20.

kdramastars.com/articles/90384/20150717/park-shin-hye-plays-a-man-in-the-beauty-inside.htm

“The Beauty Inside” Releases Main Trailer With Star-Studded Cast

The main trailer for the upcoming fantasy romance movie “The Beauty Inside” was revealed, and it may just have one of the best cast for a movie so far!

“The Beauty Inside” is about a guy who turns into a different person every time he wakes up, and a girl who loves him regardless.

The trailer stars Park Shin HyeLee Bum SooPark Seo JoonLee Hyun WooLee Jin WookSeo Kang Joon, Go Ah SungYoo Yeon Seok, and more, showing how so many people play the role of “Woo Jin” every time he wakes up. Woo Jin falls in love with Lee Soo, played by Han Hyo Joo, who adds to this star-studded cast.

the-beauty-inside.jpg

This lovely movie will be released on August 20!

Who would you want as a boyfriend/girlfriend?

Source (1)
soompi.com/2015/07/20/the-beauty-inside-releases-main-trailer-with-star-studded-cast

July 19, 2015

Is Production Cost Proportionate to Number of Audiences?
CHOI Dong-hoon’s Assassination bets winning move with a production budget of 18 billion won.

by Kim Hyun-jung / KoBizGOMkOqHPMTOkzJCoVJdm.png

There is no reason only big-budget films should draw many audiences.

In 2013, Mr. Go flopped with only fewer than 1.5 million viewers even though the film costs 25 billion won(USD 21million), the highest ever in Korea, to produce. But CHOI Dong-hoon, the director of Assassination has enjoyed a desirable phenomenon where increases in budgets for his films translate into bigger box office hits. The Big Swindle, his debut film already earned him a spot on the list of Korea’s commercially successful directors.

In 2006, Tazza: The High Rollers with a production budget of 5.1 billion won (USD 4.5 million) attracted 6.84 million viewers. In 2009, Woochi with a production budget of 12 billion (USD 10 million), 6.13 million viewers and in 2012, The Thieves with a production budget of 14 billion won (USD 12 million ), 12.98 million viewers. Woochi’s production budget which is a high budget for a Korean film, equals the production budget for only six minutes of the Hollywood mega blockbuster Avatar.

zUdIZCkFATbiNxfPorDU.png

Assassination, a new film by CHOI costs 18 billion won (USD 15.7million) to produce. Memories of the Sword, Veteran and The Beauty Inside picked as the four most anticipated Korea films for the summer season along with Assassination cost nine, five and 4.5 billion won, respectively to produce. “The increase in the budget made me ask myself, ‘Am I crazy now?’”, CHOI said about a burden of the growing budget. CHOI will receive the opening-day box-office scorecard of his new film on July 22 when Assassination will hit screens. 

Ueno Juri Chooses ‘Beauty Inside’ As Her First Korean Movie

5etj2e6m5afou1o3l8oikuqrybggjnzd.jpg

[by Sora Ghim] Top Japanese actress Ueno Juri has raised interest with her participation in her first Korean movie ‘Beauty Inside.’

Ueno Juri plays the part of the protagonist Woo Jin, who transforms into a new person every day. This is a love story about Woo Jin and the woman he loves, Yi Soo. She plays one of the twenty-one Woo Jin’s that appear in the film. 

Gathering many domestic fans in Korea with her role in Japanese drama ‘Nodame Cantabile,’ she also acted in movies ‘Swing Girls,’ ‘The Girl in the Sun,’ ‘Nodame Cantabile The Movie I’ and many more. She will act as Woo Jin, who wakes up as a Japanese woman, thus starting her first activity in Korea. In the movie, Ueno Juri first reveals the truth about her changing appearance to Yi Soo and the two confirm their feelings for each other.

Fans already anticipate Ueno Juri’s acting and what loveable charm she will show through this movie. ‘Beauty Inside’ will captivate the hearts of the audience with its fantasy romance.

Meanwhile, ‘Beauty Inside’ will be released in theaters on August 20. (photo by NEW)

bntnews.co.uk/app/news.php?nid=24073

No More Hollywood: Big 4 Korean Films in Summer War

Assassination, Veteran, Memories of the Sword, and The Beauty Inside at the Starting Line.

amtfyvlHSOdZdrWNsWWT.png

Korean cinema in the first half of 2015 was certainly in a crisis. It was quite different from the usual “crisis panic” that emerges every time Korean film shares drop. It was much more tangible this time due to issue of downward-standardization of Korean commercial films.

The only two films to have attracted more than 3 million viewers were Detective K: Secret of the Lost Island and TwentyGangnam BluesThe Chronicles of Evil and The Classified File narrowly met the break-even point with 2 million viewers.

According to the Korean Film Council (KOFIC) report on ‘Korean cinema in May 2015’, the share of Korean films in the first 5 months of the year was 43%. It may seem like only a 3% decrease compared to last year, but if examined closely, it is apparent that this figure owes greatly to the success of Ode to My Father, referred to as a “10 million viewer film,” which was released in December 2014.

Still, some maintain that the sense of crisis is over exaggerated, and argue that the 'Big Four' may sweep the box office in July and August.

Starting with Assassination by CHOI Dong-hoon to be released on the July 22nd (distributed by Showbox), Veteran on the August 5th (distributed by CJ Entertainment), Memories of the Sword on the August 13th (distributed by Lotte Entertainment), and lastly, The Beauty Inside on August 20th (distributed by New Entertainment World), all four will be released during this period, to fight the assumption of so called the “crisis” of Korean cinema.

Let us check out the central selling points of these Big 4 films that the Big 4 distributors are making every effort to promote.

The Beauty Inside: The star of Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity becomes a movie
yyIXxRZPrEDTNlqngYtI.png
Lastly, The Beauty Inside is based on the Intel-Toshiba joint funded social film The Beauty Inside, which made a huge impact on the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity three years ago. This social film runs 40 minutes in total and consists of 6 episodes, featuring a man who transforms into different personas everyday. This unique theme was told in a sympathetic narrative and won the heart of numberless people in the CF business worldwide in 2012. Director BAIK (real name: BAIK Jong-yeol), who has an ongoing reputation of sensitive and sensual directing in the CF business, has turned it into a feature film with the same title.

Interestingly, The Beauty Inside might as well be referred to as an “actor blockbuster.” To play the role Woo-jin who totally transforms into different appearances every morning, as many as 21 actors and actresses have been invited. From rookies to top stars, including a Japanese actress Ueno Juri, along with PARK Shin-hyeCHUN Woo-heeLEE Beom-suLEE Jin-wookKIM Joo-hyukYOO Yeon-seok, and KO Asung, they all agreed to be in the movie as they were fascinated by the unique idea and script.

BAIK explains that he thought hard whether to extend and change the original, but then he finally decided to keep the original as it is and just add some more episodes. Whereas the original focuses on the ways in which a man falls in love, BAIK added other stories to it. 

The Beauty Inside is drawing attention thanks to the unique theme, sensual frames, a whole variety of actors and their unique performance. it is also the only work among the Big 4 that has a distinctive love story, adding some variety to the field of other big movies geared to action and blockbuster style.

Actresses lead Korean film industry this summer

Yonhap News

SEOUL, July 29 (Yonhap) -- Korean films have changed. Unlike traditional action films where actresses usually take supporting roles as lovers of the male leads, they now lead films as heroines.

Leading the trend conspicuously is big-budget commercial films backed by large distributors for the summer high season.

The historical action film "Assassination" that surpassed 4 million in attendance earlier this week has top stars Lee Jung-jae and Ha Jung-woo, but Jun Ji-hyun actually takes the lead role.

In the new film set in Shanghai and Seoul during the 1930s, when Korea was a colony of Japan, Jun plays An Ok-yun, a female sniper in the Korean independence army in China who must assassinate Japanese colonizers.

"I thought it's a character that can hardly be found in Korean films and a rare chance for me to play it," the 33-year-old actress said in a media interview ahead of the movie's release in local theaters last week.

She successfully did the film's major action scenes, jumping between roofs with a heavy gun and desperately chasing a car carrying a target.

The next runner in this trend is the Korean period action film "Memories of the Sword" with two actresses in the main roles.

Set in the turbulent late years of the Goryeo Dynasty (918-1392), the martial arts film depicts the story of a master swordsman, who becomes a man of supreme power through acts of betrayal, and the two swordswomen seeking revenge on him 18 years later. The three warriors are played by actor Lee Byung-hun and actresses Jeon Do-yeon and Kim Go-eun.

Although Lee's character is unignorable, the two actresses are expected to lead the film as, according to the director Park Heung-sik, it started from his idea of making a martial-arts film led by women.

Kim previously was acclaimed for her role in the local crime flick "Coinlocker Girl" praised as a "fresh noir film led by women" along with its other lead, Kim Hye-soo.

Actress Han Hyo-joo stands in the center of "The Beauty Inside," a fantasy film set to open Aug. 20.

The movie depicts the story of a woman who falls in love with a man who changes to different people every day.

During a news conference to promote the film, Han said she chose it because she had the feeling that she would never again get a chance to appear in such a film when she read the script.

This trend can also be found in low-budget films.

Actress Lee Jung-hyun plays female lead Soo-nam, a poor working woman who takes revenge on the world in "Alice in Earnestland," a Korean film set to open Aug. 13.

"Office," a thriller set to open Aug. 27, is led by actress Ko Asung. She plays the role of an intern who traces mysterious things happening to her co-workers after their boss kills his family and disappears.

There is a Beauty Inside movie and music video showcase today at Konkuk University at 7pm.

Attendees: Director Baik, Han Hyo-joo, Park Seo-joon, Chun Woo-hee, Yoo Yeon-seok, Lee Dong-wook

MC: Singer Yoon Jong-shin

Special guest: Singer Jang Jae-in

Credits as shown

External beauty in ‘Beauty Inside’?

The upcoming film “The Beauty Inside,” which depicts a man who transforms into a different person every day, questions what distinct inner qualities make up a person’s identity.

Actress Chun Woo-hee and actor Yoo Yeon-seok (OSEN)

At the same time, many of the actors and actresses who play the multifarious main character Woo-jin are those typically revered as “handsome” or “beautiful.”

“I understand that many in our cast are very attractive. It’s something that I too realized while editing,” said director Baek Jong-yeol at a press conference Monday. But regardless of looks, Baek was mainly focused on “finding the perfect actor to portray each stage of Woo-jin’s development,” he said.

Actors Yoo Yeon-seok, Lee Dong-hui, Han Hyo-joo, Moon Sook, Park Seo-joon, Chun Woo-hee and director Baek Jong-yeol (OSEN)

Based on the 2012 Emmy award-winning American film of the same title, “The Beauty Inside” explores the life of Woo-jin, who wakes up every day in a different body irrespective of age, gender or ethnicity. While actress Han Hyo-joo plays Yi-soo, Woo-jin’s love interest and the one constant in his life, over 21 actors take up the role of the ever-changing Woo-jin -- including the wildly popular Park Shin-hye.

Actor Park Seo-joon (OSEN)

“I was in a similar mental state as Yi-soo,” said Han. “Each day, there was a different Woo-jin on set. It was unfamiliar and new. But after a while, all of them felt like the same Woo-jin to me.”

Actor Park Seo-joon, who plays the first Woo-jin significant to the romantic plot, said he felt extra pressure to set the tone for the character.

Actor Yoo Yeon-seok (OSEN)

“I felt like I was creating the foundation and standard for all future Woo-jins, so it was very pressuring. I paid a lot of attention to director Baek’s instructions, because he was able to see the big picture,” he said.

Actress Chun Woo-hee, who played a female incarnation of Woo-jin, thought a lot about the one distinct quality that would make him identifiable as a single person.

“At first, I wondered how I could make the spirit of a man come through the body of a woman,” Chun said. “In the end, I decided it would be best to focus on showing Woo-jin’s sincere feelings for Yi-soo, and not think too much about gender. I felt that would be enough to link all the Woo-jins together.”

Actress Han Hyo-joo at a press conference for “The Beauty Inside” on Monday (OSEN)

Actor Yoo Yeon-seok, who also plays Woo-jin, asked himself whether he could love somebody whose appearance changes every day.

“After watching the movie, my response is, yes. I hope the audience will ask themselves the same question while watching and go home with their own answers,” he said.

“The Beauty Inside” opens in local theaters on Aug. 20.

By Rumy Doo (bigbird@heraldcorp.com)

Han Hyo Joo reveals which male actor she had the most chemistry with in 'Beauty Inside'

han-hyo-joo-park-seo-joon_1438631215_af_

Han Hyo Joo expressed her honest thoughts on acting in a melodrama movie with Park Seo Joon, confessing that she had the most effortless chemistry with her co-star.

For her new feature film 'Beauty Inside', which created a buzz for having 21 different actors portray the male lead, Han Hyo Joo claimed that she had the best chemistry with Park Seo Joon. 

During the 'Beauty Inside' press preview held earlier today at Seoul Gwangjin District's Lotte Cinema, the actress said, "Park Seo Joon played the part of Woo Jin the most. I felt like I was on a date while acting [with him]. [For this movie], it ended with a date, but for [the next project], I want to act from beginning to end with [Park Seo Joon]," vouching their onscreen chemistry. 

Han Hyo Joo continued, "Feelings of happiness and awkwardness crossed me while I acted alongside countless people playing Woo Jin. I felt similar to my character Hong Yi Soo. Every day the, actor was different yet I greeted them warmly and got to thinking how long do I have to do this for? At one point, all those actors just became Woo Jin in my eyes. The director played a big part in that progress." 

Witness the chemistry between the two actors once 'Beauty Inside' hits theaters this coming August 20!

allkpop.com/article/2015/08/han-hyo-joo-reveals-which-male-actor-she-had-the-most-chemistry-with-in-beauty-inside

Archived