[Drama 2014] 9th Boy/Plus Nine Boys - 아홉수 소년 - Thank You For Watching!

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

many people call it stalking but since the other side is interested too, i dont think you can call it stalking completely...
tho sooah doesnt show it...
she's smart and if she wanted to really stop him from following her around
she would've done something more seriously like reporting him to the police or something..
.but the drama showed in ep 5 that she's interested in him as well...
some might not like 19s plot but it doesnt bother me....maybe cultural difference?
 just saw a similar content and negative comment of post in tumblr as well.
.the blog even said she wishes mingoo and sooah not to end up together and i'm like what? i think that's rude...
at least i prefer this drama not like other that shows that s** these days and stuffs are ok?
hmmm i think this drama is a lot more appropriate and morally oriented

dingax said: So is the lesson of the week "Stalking is the way to a woman's heart?"
Jokes aside, a huge shout out to the friends. All 3 adults have very solid best friends.
I don't root for a couple on this show since the women are relatively under-developed. I root for the men to grow up and find happiness in love and career. In that vein, Jin Goo is the only one I feel like is pining after the woman right for him right now. Min Goo needs to learn that some things can't be forced. And Kwang Soo is still lost in his past. I like that the question Kwang Soo asked is why because what he really needs is closure.

Looks like when MinGoo was about to give up on SooAh, she changed her mind about him - because of his persistence.  The age cap is what is keeping her from liking him but it is obvious that she does like him too.  So with MinGoo's persistence (in a suave way), she said yes.

GwangSoo's reason for 'stalking' DaIn is just to know the reason why she took off 10 years ago.  His persistence is making DaIn uncomfortable though.  I think there is a 'family' reason why she took off without telling him.  The girl might not even be her daughter - but an adopted daughter (hoping with fingers crossed).

I like how JinGoo plays cool (in spite of the hurt inside) around SeYoung (I feel hurt for him too).  The reversal of his  actions towards SeYoung made SeYoung completely curious and anxious.  It looks like in the next episode,  SeYoung would wake up and have the courage to face the truth about her feelings for JinGoo.

I used the word stalking half in jest. I am not a fan of the idea that when a woman says no, she just needs to be persuaded or is secretly attracted to the guy. But it is a very common trope in dramas. And I am clearly not completely put off by it or I wouldn't be watching. Especially in kdramas where they do sell the dynamic as  dysfunctional a lot of times.
The way Min Goo behaved the first time round was a mild form of stalking.  He did not ask her. Having a stranger wait for you outside your school every day is unsettling. He should have asked and accepted her decision either way. Soo Ah toyed with him in return but that does not excuse his actions. He is showing signs of growing up and actually listening to her this time round. But there are still undertones of his previous behavior.
Kwang Soo is a little more complicated because of the history. Yes, Da In messed up by not telling him why she broke up and she does owe him an answer. She is wrong and is still wrong to treat him the way she does. She is super passive aggressive and comes across as an idiotic romantic. And if they get back together, they will probably end up in the same dynamic that broke them up the first time. But that does not entitle him to force him to answer her. It's been ten years. She clearly wants nothing to do with him and now that he has made his case, he needs to respect that. In real life, he needs to accept it and figure out how to get closure without her instead of harassing her as she goes on with her life without him. But since this is a show and I am team Kwang Soo, I hope he gets the closure he desperately needs so that he can no longer be stuck.

dingax said: The way Min Goo behaved the first time round was a mild form of stalking.  He did not ask her. Having a stranger wait for you outside your school every day is unsettling. He should have asked and accepted her decision either way. Soo Ah toyed with him in return but that does not excuse his actions. He is showing signs of growing up and actually listening to her this time round. But there are still undertones of his previous behavior.

Archived